Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Creative Discussions > Roleplay Theatre > Roleplay Stage
Reload this Page RPChallenge: February *WINNERS*

Notices
For all updates, view the main page.

Roleplay Stage This is where the In-Character roleplaying happens. Before you create a thread here, recruit some players in Roleplay Casting. Your very own legend is about to unfold! A world of dreams and adventures awaits! Let's go!
New threads in this forum are to be approved by a moderator before they are displayed.

Old February 2nd, 2014 (05:16 AM). Edited February 28th, 2014 by Mana.
ARCHER
ModeratorCS

RPChallenge
February Edition

Welcome to our latest, monthly RPChallenge! Since it’s been a long time since the RPOs, and many of our current users weren’t around to experience it, I will be posing RPChallenges on a monthly basis. These challenges are short, require only one post and will be voted on by helpful members – the winner will receive a shiny new emblem and a one-time HTML usertitle!

This event will last until 21st February, judging will then take place!

>>> CHALLENGE!

This week's challenge doesn't involve a separate writing piece, instead it is up to you to nominate a character you have created who is currently being used in a PokéCommunity Roleplay.

By the Friday 21st February you must link the following pieces of evidence to show off your characters:
  • A completed sign-up.
  • An introductionary post (first post you make in a roleplay).
  • An example of your character interacting with a friend or enemy.

>>> RULES!

• Your character must be currently active (made at least one post between 1st February and 21st February) but could have been introduced before this month.
  • Your character must be yours, not inherited from another writer, or based on an existing character.
  • Include the above pieces of evidence as links in a single post which includes your username and your characters name.
  • Pose any questions, queries, etc. in this thread or VM/PM me directly.

>>> JUDGING!

In order to rank the entries, at the end of the period, I need one more volunteer judges. Unfortunately, judges are unable to take part in this event, sorry!

Judge 1: Magic
Judge 2: Red's Hawt Chibi Pelippers
Judge 3: TD
Judge 4: SV

Judges will give entries a mark out of 10 for their sign up and a mark out of 10 for the portrayal of this character in the roleplay posts. Judges are also asked to provide a small piece of written feedback for each participant.

Let the games begin!

Old February 2nd, 2014 (07:17 PM). Edited February 21st, 2014 by Colony.
It's About Dominating!

Nature: Lax
Username: Colony

Character: Zane Reav from Vale Institute of Magic

SU: http://www.pokecommunity.com/showpost.php?p=7913962&postcount=6

Initial Post (For Zane): http://www.pokecommunity.com/showpost.php?p=7938448&postcount=51

Example of Interaction (These all make up one giant joint post): http://www.pokecommunity.com/showpost.php?p=8074348&postcount=121
http://www.pokecommunity.com/showpost.php?p=8074348&postcount=122
http://www.pokecommunity.com/showpost.php?p=8074348&postcount=123

I would list even more interaction, but that would just be excessive since there's already a wall of interaction above. XD

More to come, but they're in the works. Also, if you like what you see and want one just ask. It's not like I've got anything better to do (other than write posts).
Old February 2nd, 2014 (11:16 PM).
ARCHER
ModeratorCS

Yep that's fine Can you ask the poster to add a credit somewhere on the post, just to show you wrote your share of the JP.
Old February 3rd, 2014 (12:57 AM).
ModeratorCS

Nature: Naive
It'll probably make sense if most entries are put in just before feb 21st, since you might not have posted a lot with your active character yet now. :]

"Alright Gramps! Leave it all to me!"
moderator of Roleplay Theatre
proudly paired with seeker
staff collab july 2015
Old February 3rd, 2014 (01:17 AM).
part time demon hunter
Crystal Tier

Nature: Quirky
I'll be participating! Consider this a place holder ;)
Old February 3rd, 2014 (05:39 AM).
what a lovely day
Gold Tier

Nature: Relaxed
Send a message via Skype™ to Ozymandias
Aww lol all my favorite characters are inactive XD maybe i should rejoin a few rps but yeah ill dtill probably join this one XD
Old February 3rd, 2014 (08:58 AM).
ARCHER
ModeratorCS

A few people have asked me, just to clarify:

You must provide the evidence by 21st February. That means you can write posts between now and then and include them.

Likewise you can submit a character that has not yet started IC, as long as they meet the requirements by the end .
Old February 4th, 2014 (07:26 PM).
part time demon hunter
Crystal Tier

Nature: Quirky
I present my favourite character, Oakley North!!
Spoiler:
Originally named Oakley Madison, she originated in Hope, the predecessor of Atlantis, waaaay back in July of 2011 (before I was mod!). She was changed to North during the creation of Atlantis Arising. Other than Atlantis themed roleplays (and Hope), she has been used one other time in 'Humanum Familiares' (only for a short amount of time, but still paired with now brother in Atlantis, Michael/Wyatt).

Originally, Oakley was meant to be this fragile, small girl who would grow into a fierce lady. Character development has her well on her way there and I'm so proud of her!
If you were gonna read only one of them, I'd probably pick her Awakening sign up.

My favourite introductory post would have to be hers in Atlantis Awakening. (Scroll down to 'DAY 1')
http://www.pokecommunity.com/showpost.php?p=7560912&postcount=2

And, my favourite post between her and another has to be her 'training' post back in Atlantis Arising (scroll down to Oakley, and keep reading through Justin).
http://www.pokecommunity.com/showpost.php?p=7095790&postcount=177

Over the 2 and a half years of her existence, I've also drawn her quite a bit. There's so much of her that will remain unseen (since I delete a lot of my stuff as I go) but I've got a few of my favourites saved on the net. ;)The only reason why there was a big jump between art was that I rarely drew digitally in 2013. I have so many sketches of her in my books though!

Old February 5th, 2014 (12:03 AM). Edited February 14th, 2014 by gimmepie.
Furude
ModeratorCS

Nature: Mild
I was originally going to use my Yokai Academy character, but I think Skellen might be the better choice of the two (I write better as him) so I will be using Bridges L. Skellen (his first name is Skellen, but it's for a One Piece RP) a doctor/assassin/pirate with a rapidly cycling personality and a knack for getting in trouble instead xD

Sign-Up Sheet

Introductory Post

Skellen Interacting With His Friends (Sort of) Leon and Lotte

There we go :D

"All right. I'll play a game with this endless June."

Roleplay Theatre | The Underground |
Pairs
Lokiepie, Chalifoux & Crunch Punch
|
Blog
The Pie Bakery

Old February 5th, 2014 (08:44 AM).
ARCHER
ModeratorCS

Quote originally posted by gimmepie:
So, I'm kind of confused after seeing Skymin's post - does this mean that we don't have to use posts from this month then?
The characters have to be active this month - but the posts you link may be from any time .
Old February 6th, 2014 (09:14 PM).
All Day Baby! All Day!!

Nature: Relaxed
Alas! The RPs I wanted to participate in earlier I had to vacate due to the military :/

Good luck to you all though. I'll be back for next months challenge!
Old February 10th, 2014 (07:13 AM).
Hey hoo~

Nature: Brave
Send a message via Skype™ to Rose Quartz
Uhm... I think I would need to create a whole new character for this. I have Lucina who is basically Lucina from the FE:A game, Madison who has Kurisu's appearence, Luna who has the appearence of one of the characters from Date A Live and Lacy who's appearence will soon be Katarina from FE:A as well... Then there are Nami and Ryuu who are simply not suitable for this I think because one is a Vampire and the other one is a dragon xD

... I'll just give it a try and nominate Nami.

Maya Nami Kyuuketsuki:

Sign-up: [link]
Introduction post: [link]
Interacting with a friend: [link]

Sisters
Theme
Lucina / Lacy / Madison Campbell
Old February 14th, 2014 (07:52 AM).
Furude
ModeratorCS

Nature: Mild
I'm editing my post to use a different character, I hope this is okay and I'm going to be using a JP too but I can get Aques and Lokie to vouch for my taking part if I need to.

"All right. I'll play a game with this endless June."

Roleplay Theatre | The Underground |
Pairs
Lokiepie, Chalifoux & Crunch Punch
|
Blog
The Pie Bakery

Old February 16th, 2014 (10:32 AM).
ARCHER
ModeratorCS

Last 5 days or so now - make sure your entries are complete by Friday! Remember there is still time to enter.
Old February 21st, 2014 (12:05 AM).
ARCHER
ModeratorCS

Please finish up your applications I will close it later today, around 9pm GMT.
Old February 21st, 2014 (12:46 AM). Edited February 21st, 2014 by Swolligator.
Butcher of the Sands
Crystal Tier

Nature: Modest
Presenting firelordyago as: Wyatt Cale (Of Atlantis Arising/Awakening)

Old February 21st, 2014 (09:23 AM). Edited February 21st, 2014 by Legend.
The Awakened
Crystal Tier

Nature: Lonely
I am going to try and sneak in and see what happen. I am presenting Nathaniel Calaway from firelordyago and Skymin's Atlantis Arising.

I present him in a bit of a narrative fashion in the spoiler, telling a little story of my adventures with Nate throughout the RP. I also am putting out a lot of post examples (they are hyperlinked throughout the post because I am being fancy), only because they are several posts I actually like. Which is saying a lot from a self imposing critic like myself.

Spoiler:

Nathaniel is arguably my oldest and one of my favorite characters, but I will admit he has changed quite a bit from his initial SU as I have adjusted the character to suit the tonal shifts in the RP.

His first or introductory post is hardly my greatest but I do think I captured his sense of politeness and more analytic nature that I do try to present throughout the RP, mostly because he tends to not trust people and seek a hidden truth in everything.

That thirst for knowledge is very well displayed in this post with SV's James Hazen, his foil in almost every way. They both seek similar things: power, the truth and a form of control and freedom. However, their motivations are very different as they view the world from very different perspectives and share no similarities in their individual moralities. This puts them at odds, yet there is a shared sense of respect between the two. Their friendship is sometimes a hard sell but interactions like this one display that respect that they share for the other. The friendship does almost implode due to their clashing ideologies as seen here.

Finally, just recently, Nathaniel has faced his inner demons, principally his desire for redemption after killing someone (and later realizing how wrong that really is) in an epic battle against the friend of the man Nathaniel killed. The battle was gruesome, but Nathaniel left the fight the victor retaining a new sense of focus on what he wants to do.

If you don't feel like trying to find the links. Here they are in a quick list:

SU: http://www.pokecommunity.com/showpost.php?p=7552557&postcount=12
Intro:http://www.pokecommunity.com/showpost.php?p=7562032&postcount=4
Interaction 1: http://www.pokecommunity.com/showpost.php?p=7659450&postcount=95
Interaction 2: http://www.pokecommunity.com/showpost.php?p=7954333&postcount=186
Interaction 3: http://www.pokecommunity.com/showpost.php?p=7982817&postcount=196
Interaction 4/Battle: http://www.pokecommunity.com/showpost.php?p=7990386&postcount=200

And there he is. Thank you for you consideration.

Paired with the manly SV
Old February 22nd, 2014 (02:55 AM).
ARCHER
ModeratorCS

Judges have been PM'd so I'm going to lock this for the time being - thanks for your entries, people!
Old February 28th, 2014 (10:57 AM).
ARCHER
ModeratorCS

CONGRATULATIONS: Skymin and firelordyago!
Winners of RPChallenge - February

Prizes: Congratulatory Emblem, one-time HTML usertitle

Please PM me for more details about your usertitle. All contestants will receive a PM shortly showing them the overall scores - there aren't many comments this time, and not everybody has one, so it'll just be numbers. Thank you for participating! RPChallenge March will be slightly delayed and arrive in a few weeks.
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links

You may also like.. (Beta)