Community

The PokéCommunity

We are still working on a better slogan!

Visit Index

Advertise here

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Pokémon Discussions > Pokémon Clubs
Notices

Pokémon Clubs This forum is for those who wish to start a club within the community. This forum is for Pokémon clubs; Fan Clubs & Groups is for everything else.
New threads in this forum are to be approved by a moderator before they are displayed.

Closed Thread
Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old February 12th, 2014, 05:47 PM
Mew
The New Species Pokémon - AKA Red the Mew

Advertise here
Username: UltraMew
Answer a topic: I would, if I was in the PMD world as a Pokémon, show off my power as a Serperior (because Mew isn't a starter or Pikachu, therefore, there's no choice)
~♪~ Keep your heart pure! | The New Species Pokémon ~♪~

Mew

Old February 12th, 2014, 06:03 PM
Peitharchia
& got to keep looking

Quote:
Originally Posted by UltraMew View Post
Username: UltraMew
Answer a topic: I would, if I was in the PMD world as a Pokémon, show off my power as a Serperior (because Mew isn't a starter or Pikachu, therefore, there's no choice)
It'd be quite epic to be Serperior; definitely. It's a pretty powerful Pokémon, and due to being a snake, you'd be able to slither your way into things sneakily. Haha. Welcome to the club; happy to have you here! :)
for all distractions.
Old February 12th, 2014, 08:21 PM
Mew
The New Species Pokémon - AKA Red the Mew

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nymphadora View Post
It'd be quite epic to be Serperior; definitely. It's a pretty powerful Pokémon, and due to being a snake, you'd be able to slither your way into things sneakily. Haha. Welcome to the club; happy to have you here!
Slitherin' like a boss!

~♪~ Keep your heart pure! | The New Species Pokémon ~♪~

Mew

Old February 13th, 2014, 12:19 AM
Shhmew

Nature: Gentle
I completely adore Mystery Dungeon. <3 (though, wasn't too much of a fan of Gates to Infinity)

Username: Shhmew

Dunno which topic to answer so why not all of them? ;D

What PMD games have you played so far?
I have played Red Rescue Team, Explorers of Time, Explorers of Sky, and Gates to Infinity.

There are couple of anime episodes featuring PMD; have you watched any?
Hmm, I think I might have watched an episode from the first one, but nothing beyond that. D: Never caught it on TV and never thought to pursue it elsewhere.

If you were sent into the PMD world as a Pokémon, what would you do?
If I didn't have any memory from my human life, well... I guess I would have no idea! Hopefully I'd meet a friend and conveniently be invited to join a rescue team xD Sounds like a whole lot of fun, actually. Otherwise I'd probably just wander and explore and find a place to settle? I can't see myself being too freaked out or anything, especially with no memory. Just confused and lost.

Have you read any manga featuring Mystery Dungeon? If so, what was it?
I haven't; I'm not too much of a fan of manga for some reason. Doesn't appeal to me as much.
F L O A T like a Butterfree, S T I N G like a Beedrill!
Old February 13th, 2014, 01:18 AM
Star11Pika
Stralende Ster

I have a question did you maybe by any change missed my sign up form?

~Those who fly solo
Have the strongest wings~

FC 3ds: 5413 1220 4222 and my Friend safari: Crawdaunt, Liepard and Pawniard.
Old February 13th, 2014, 01:33 AM
Peitharchia
& got to keep looking

Welcome to PMD club, Shhmew! Happy to see you join. n__n Don't worry, Star11Pika, I didn't. I just haven't gotten around to updating the members list yet. Should be done by tomorrow, hopefully.
for all distractions.
Old February 13th, 2014, 06:54 AM
Star11Pika
Stralende Ster

oh that's fine I was just wondering.
You may call me Star if you want btw.
ohh and I finally hope to get through the hidden land for the first time :D

~Those who fly solo

Old February 13th, 2014, 10:07 AM
Arrow
I'd like to be a tree :3

Nature: Jolly
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shhmew View Post
I completely adore Mystery Dungeon. <3 (though, wasn't too much of a fan of Gates to Infinity)
I feel the same way. GtI isn't the most intriguing of MD games. I have a whole list I could write up (if anybody wants me to) of all of the negative points of Infinity. I refuse to even finish the game, I'd rather just play Sky again for the 30th time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Star11Pika View Post

ohh and I finally hope to get through the hidden land for the first time :D
Have you not beaten the game yet? I wish you luck with that. By the way, the Hidden Land and Temporal Tower boss fights aren't that tough if you know what you're doing. Also, once you beat the main story that is only literally half the game. Time/Darkness/Sky are MASSIVE games!

New topics~:

What is your favourite MD game?

A bit of a generic question.

If you couldn't tell already, I LOVELOVELOVELOVELOVELOVELOVE Explorers of Sky. 10/10. Favourite game of all time!

I think it is a fantastically written and played out masterpiece.

...I was telling my friend about it earlier and she says it sounds really dark for Pokemon.

What are your favourite tracks from the games?

Blue Rescue Team:

o Sad song (so sad )
o Mt. Blaze
o Lapis Cave (not many people like this one. I guess I just like the upbeat part of it)
o Sky Tower (my personal favourite from this game)

Explorers of Time/Sky:

o Temporal Tower
o Temporal Spire (this is underated. I love the ticking in it. It shows that it truly is a race against time at this point)
I can't remember a lot of the songs. I unlocked Sky Jukebox on my game last night so I'll have a listen through them and then update this if there's any I missed.

What is your Hero and Partner for each game you're playing?:

o Blue Rescue Team:
Hero: Eevee (F), Nickname: Can't remember
Partner: Mudkip (?) (the Partner isn't exactly given a gender in this game), Nickname: Can't remember

o Explorers of Time:
Hero: Skitty (F), Nickname: Can't remember
Partner: Turtwig (M), Nickname: Can't remember
Thanks to Golden Seed Wonder Mail codes, I have just beaten Waterfall Cave and I am on level 70.

o Explorers of Sky:
Hero: Eevee (F), Nickname: Vixen. Eevee is mostly likely based on foxes, and since you have to be female to play as Eevee...
Partner: Shinx (M), Nickname: Raiden. Japanese for thunder and lightning

o Gates to Infinity:
Hero: Oshawott (M, apparently. One of my many problems with Infinity is that you HAVE to be a guy. This isn't gen 1 Pokemon guys. The gender option was in the Jap. version of the game, why remove it from the English?), Nickname: Can't remember
Partner: Pikachu (M, your partner also has to be male. If I wasn't so much of a hero x partner shipper this wouldn't bother me as much. i wouldn't mind playing as a male that much if my partner was female. I don't really like to have a team of both genders), Nickname: Magic. At the time of playing I was hoping my mam would get me a new cat to keep ours company (she didn't ). Magic was what I would name it, even though if I did get another cat my mam would've liked it to be female.

Friend Safari: Grass - Tangela, Sawsbuck, Quilladin
Shinies: Luvdisc (X), Clawitzer (X), Poliwhirl (X), Foongus (X), Dialga (X), Palkia(X), Giratina (X), Sneasel (X), Mawile (X), Lillipup (X), Cyndaquil (SS)

Old February 13th, 2014, 10:14 AM
Star11Pika
Stralende Ster

No I didn't beat the game yet.. I just am to busy with other things and games and I am way underleveled in Darkness.. I need to train at Machuawa -or however I write is- gym to level up my pokemon :D

~Those who fly solo

Old February 13th, 2014, 10:35 AM
DLMuerte
#aldnoahzero

Nature: Rash
Send a message via Skype™ to DLMuerte
This is what happens when you stay on the RPC too long.

Username: Kenneth
Nickname: Muerte, Ken, Riel
Answer a topic:
// What PMD games have you played so far?
All of them except Gates to Infinity and Sky [I count Time/Darkness as one]. I played the demo, but never got farther than that. Explorers of Time/Darkness was huge amg, I'm still at Dark Crater because I started out with Bulbasaur.

I beat Red Rescue Team, and I traded it into Gamestop back in 2008/9. I just got it on an emulator though, which is exciting to say the least! :3 I'M READY FOR THE NOSTALGIA WAVE.
// There are couple of anime episodes featuring PMD; have you watched any?
Nope. I did hear Grovyle was voiced by Dan Green, so I've wanted to for a while.
// If you were sent into the PMD world as a Pokémon, what would you do?
Well, I'd definitely end up being a Bulbasaur, although if I had a choice I'd be a Riolu. I'd end up going to Wigglytuff's Guild and messing around in the world; personally that sounds like the most fun and rewarding.
// Have you read any manga featuring Mystery Dungeon? If so, what was it?
Nope. I've heard of some, but I've never actually read any.
AND WAIT THERE'S MORE:

//What is your favourite MD game?
Explorers of Darkness. amg I loved it, the OST was beautiful too.
//What are your favourite tracks from the games?
Red Rescue Team
Sky Tower
Vs. Rayquaza
Mt. Blaze
Mt. Thunder
Great Canyon
Explorers of Darkness
Hidden Highland
Blizzard Island
Temporal Spire
Across the Sea of Time
Vs. Primal Dialga
Gates to Infinity

I'll tell you whenever I buy it
//What is your Hero and Partner for each game you're playing?
Red Rescue Team
First Playthrough:
Hero: Charmander (M) [Blaze]
Partner: Totodile (M)
Second Playthrough:
Hero: Cyndaquil (F)
Partner: Treecko (M) [I think, this was a while ago @_@]
Explorers of Darkness
Hero: Bulbasaur (M) [Ken]
Partner: Torchic (F) [Torch]
Yeah, the HeroXPartner was serious here
Gates to Infinity
Demo
Hero: Axew (M) [Axel]
Partner: Snivy (M) [...I forgot. ;_;]

YA | S: WoF | FE: TRW | F:TLoD

Last edited by DLMuerte; February 13th, 2014 at 10:57 AM. Reason: But wait there's... yeah we get it.
Old February 13th, 2014, 12:53 PM
Veevee
Lucario's Sword

Nature: Brave
//What is your Hero and Partner for each game you're playing?

Red Rescue Team:
Eevee with Treecko partner
Explorers of Sky:
Charmander with Riolu partner
Gates to Infinity:
Axew with Oshawott partner
And let's throw a new topic out there:

//What was your worst experience with Monster Houses?
✯Proud roleplayer✯ | ✯Paired withChesnaught: Father of Bowser
Active Challenge 1 | Active Challenge 2
Old February 13th, 2014, 01:28 PM
mudkipzmania98
How about an encore?

Nature: Timid
What is your Hero and Partner for each game you're playing?:
red rescue team:
squirtle's the hero and Chica the chikorita is the partner
explorers of sky:
Eve the Eevee's the hero and Carl the riolu's the partner.

What was your worst experience with Monster Houses?
Every experience is the same, I'm just minding my own business and I see thousands of pokemon popping up from nowhere and that music starts playing and I know for a fact that me and my team will be brutally murdered. So every experience is the worst experience
There's nothing here man, this is just an illusion
Old February 13th, 2014, 03:44 PM
Peitharchia
& got to keep looking

Thanks for signing-up, Kenneth; welcome! :)

Probably Explorers of Sky, since it's the only game actually I remember anything from. Haha.

We already have two new topics up, but going to throw in one more! Of all locations in MD, which is your favorite? Why do you like it?
for all distractions.
Old February 13th, 2014, 03:47 PM
mudkipzmania98
How about an encore?

Of all locations in MD, which is your favorite?
What's the place you get mew at in red rescue team called cause that place is my favorite. I like it the best cause you get a cute little mew there. mew!
There's nothing here man, this is just an illusion
Old February 13th, 2014, 04:00 PM
Lost Lore
From the Shadows

Nature: Sassy
So many new topics, let's see...

Explorers of Sky, definitely. I've only played it recently, but I really like the special episodes and the little Sky Peak arc with Shaymin. Also the fact that they added some cool new starters to the roster, like Riolu, Shinx, and Vulpix.

What are your favourite tracks from the games?
Red Rescue Team/Blue Rescue Team: Sky Tower's music. I wish you didn't need to bring Fly to return there, but, could be worse, I guess.

Explorers of Time/Darkness: Temporal Tower's music, although the Hidden Land/Hidden Highland are very nice. I really like Dialga's battle music, too.

Explorers of Sky: Barren Valley's music, hands down. It makes me sad that I get through there so quickly so I can't enjoy it... Sky Peak Final Pass' is pretty memorable as well.

Gates to Infinity: Yeah I haven't played it, but I've listened to a few tracks from it. Ragged Mountain and Stony Cave are both lovely, but Forest of Shadows is my favourite. I like how it starts off eerie, turns beautiful halfway through and then gets all whimsical.

What is your Hero and Partner for each game you're playing?
Red Rescue Team/Blue Rescue Team: I don't have a recent file of this, I don't think, but my very first hero was Charmander and my partner was Totodile. Said Charmander is one of those few Pokemon I've gotten to level 100 and existed as a level 100 Charizard on that file before I lost it.

Explorers of Time/Darkness: Again I don't have a recent file for these, but my starters for Darkness were Torchic and Treecko, and for Time they were Piplup and Turtwig.

Explorers of Sky: Hero was Eevee (evolved into Flareon, in case you were curious) and partner was Cyndaquil.

Of all locations in MD, which is your favorite?
Just one out of all of them? Hmm... I think I'm going to say the World Abyss. I really like the look of the later floors, and the Pokemon that appear in there (including the boss, Giratina) are some of my favourites. The name of the dungeon itself is pretty awesome, too.
Current mono-type: TFL, Round 4
Game: Black 2 (6/8)

Regions cleared: Johto | Hoenn | Sinnoh | Unova | (More? Let's finish these first~)
~*~*~

~*~*~
Icon credits.
Old February 13th, 2014, 04:15 PM
Peitharchia
& got to keep looking

Although I've never played Time or Darkness before, I did see World Abyss in a let's play video on YouTube, and yeah, I have to agree--the location looked quite amazing. :] My personal favorite, though, would probably have to be Spinda's Café. Not sure why, but I just loved visiting the place.
for all distractions.
Old February 13th, 2014, 05:41 PM
Sheep

Have you read any manga featuring Mystery Dungeon? If so, what was it?

fjgjgj I almost forgot there was a manga. Nope, I haven't read it, but thanks for the reminder! I've always been so interested in manga series featuring these things. I was a fan of purplekecleon's PMD interactive adventures/comics and that became super huge later on with lots of people drawing and creating their own PMD characters to include in their stories. People can get super creative with these things.

rockin' | family | my star | twin
club 1 club 2 club 3 LV
Old February 13th, 2014, 06:18 PM
Peitharchia
& got to keep looking

Ooh, that reminds me--do you guys have any favorite fan-made PMD comics? Me, I really like "To Each their Ends" by ChillySunDance. Here's an episode:

Spoiler:
for all distractions.
Old February 13th, 2014, 09:23 PM
FourCartridge

I'm really more of a fan of Pokemon Mystery Dungeon Tales I've only started reading it but I like what I see so far.
Old February 13th, 2014, 10:15 PM
Peitharchia
& got to keep looking

Don't think I've ever ran into that before, unfortunately. It does look pretty interesting, though--will definitely give it a read when I get the chance!
for all distractions.
Old February 14th, 2014, 12:10 AM
Star11Pika
Stralende Ster

I have never seen them before either. It sounds nice to read although.

~Those who fly solo

Old February 14th, 2014, 05:55 AM
Fernbutter
Murder is the way.

Nature: Calm
Send a message via Skype™ to Fernbutter
Username: Fernbutter

Nickname (optional): Fern

Answer a topic:

// What PMD games have you played so far?
All except I am currently playing Gates to Infinity~

// There are couple of anime episodes featuring PMD; have you watched any? I think I saw one, but never actually realized it

// If you were sent into the PMD world as a Pokémon, what would you do? That would just be swell!~ I would probably just live the rest of my life as a Pokemon, do work, train, make some friends, then explore to the ends of the world! >:D

// Have you read any manga featuring Mystery Dungeon? If so, what was it? THOSE EXIST?! OMG I AM GONNA GO SEARCH FOR SOME NOW :D :D :D

There should be a signature here somewhere.
I wonder where it's gone.
Old February 14th, 2014, 08:59 AM
Arrow

Worst experience with a monster house

This was only a couple of days ago. I was exploring Sky Mountain for the first time this save file and in the 9th Station Pass I believe it was, in a very small room, a very random monster house came out of no where. Usually MHs appear if there's like 2-3 gummies in a room, but there was only 1 Poke coin in there...

Since the room was small then it shouldn't be so bad, right? Cuz there won't be as many Pokemon there? Well, let's just say this particular room had 4 traps in it. And since the room was small, my team had nowhere to move and thus had to keep stepping on the traps. I think the traps were 3 sleep traps and one of the traps that lowers a stat. Luckily I had a petrify orb to help me but I also had to go through the MH as it was the only way to get to the stairs.

Favourite place in MD

By place do you mean like the hub area of the game (ex. Pokemon Square) or dungeon?

If it's the hub area then my favourite would definitely be Treasure Town. First of all, sweet theme. Second I just get so upbeat and happy whenever I go into it and OMGIJUSTLOVESKYANDJJKKFKJFVGYVCE!

Ahem. Also, I don't why this happened, but I just love TT so much that when I read sh*tty fanfic that used TT as a location, I felt like crying. Treasure Town didn't deserve to be in that monstrosity!

Any favourite fan-made comics?

Nope. I don't think I've looked at any though...

Shinies: Luvdisc (X), Clawitzer (X), Poliwhirl (X), Foongus (X), Dialga (X), Palkia(X), Giratina (X), Sneasel (X), Mawile (X), Lillipup (X), Cyndaquil (SS)

Old February 14th, 2014, 02:29 PM
Shhmew

@Farred Sky; I can and have typed up huuuge lists of everything I hated about Gates to Infinity. xD And I agree that Explorers of Sky is best hands down.

@Nymphadora; I have never tried reading any mystery dungeon comics, I can imagine maybe liking some though so maybe I will give them a try. ^.^

Red Rescue Team: The very first time I played through this, I remember I was Pikachu, and my partner was Charmander. I played soooo many times between that and my most recent file, but I believe my most recent, I was a Flareon and my partner was Charizard. (I like fire types hehe)

Explorers of Time: I only played through this maybe twice, but my most recent one is, I am a Munchlax and my partner is Raichu. I really didn't want to evolve myself hehe. Munchlax is adorable and sooo bulky in that game.

Explorers of Sky: I don't even know how many times I've played through this, but my recent file is: I am a Flareon pretty sure, my partner is a Luxray, and I take Shaymin into dungeons every time as my third member, using the flower to turn it to its Sky forme (sad it gets reset to its land forme every time I leave the dungeon)

Gates to Infinity: Played through this only once, I was a Pikachu (though it really really really really bothered me I was obviously male because no heart tail) and partner was a Fraxure. Haxorus looks a taaad awkward just stomping around in dungeons, so I kept it a Fraxure. Fraxure's cute anyway heheh.
F L O A T like a Butterfree, S T I N G like a Beedrill!
Old February 14th, 2014, 02:51 PM
Arrow

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shhmew View Post
@Farred Sky; I can and have typed up huuuge lists of everything I hated about Gates to Infinity. xD And I agree that Explorers of Sky is best hands down.

Explorers of Sky: I don't even know how many times I've played through this, but my recent file is: I am a Flareon pretty sure, my partner is a Luxray, and I take Shaymin into dungeons every time as my third member, using the flower to turn it to its Sky forme (sad it gets reset to its land forme every time I leave the dungeon)

Gates to Infinity: Played through this only once, I was a Pikachu (though it really really really really bothered me I was obviously male because no heart tail) and partner was a Fraxure. Haxorus looks a taaad awkward just stomping around in dungeons, so I kept it a Fraxure. Fraxure's cute anyway heheh.
I think that the creators put too much emphasis on the graphics. Sure they were pretty and all but I still prefer the old 2D style. I found it much easier to navigate through a dungeon as I could tell which places the tiles were. I found that to be much more difficult in Gates to Infinity. That is one minor problem I had with the game.

If you're a Flareon and your partner is a Luxray on Sky then that would mean you started as an Eevee and Shinx, right? It's pretty much a coincidence that I've got that same exact team (I've mentioned them plenty of times before). The only differences are that I haven't beaten the game on this file yet so I can't evolve and that I plan on evolving into Espeon, though I do really like Flareon myself. I also hope Eevee is made a starter in the next MD game. Since it's most likely gen 6 Pokemon will be in the next game, then that means Sylveon!~ My favourite of all of the Eeveelutions.

Yeah, my thoughts exactly. It really upset me that you and your partner had to be male, especially since the Pokemon fanbase is divided between males and females so there's no exact target audience to base the gender on. I just simply hated Infinity. I think the furthest I got was just before the glacier part. I didn't want to go any further because I was just so bored! I'm thinking about giving the game one last chance and playing it again soon, but I know it'll still be my least favourite of the series.

Closed Thread
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links

Advertise here