Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Entertainment & Hobbies > Anime & Manga
Reload this Page Kill la Kill

Notices
For all updates, view the main page.

Anime & Manga Here fans of the popular Japanese entertainment can have their hey day; think of it as a little slice of Akihabara.

Old February 8th, 2014 (10:38 PM).
Protect his very soul.
ModeratorCS

Synopsis

Episodes: 24
Genres: Action, Comedy, School

Kill la Kill is set at Honnouji Academy, a fictional high school that is dominated by its fearsome student council, led by Satsuki Kiryuuin. The council members wear Goku Uniforms that grant them superhuman abilities, which they use to oppress the rest of the school's students and staff. Ryuko Matoi, a student wielding half of a scissor-shaped sword, transfers to Honnouji Academy in search of the owner of the other half of the scissor blade, the person who killed her father. Defeated by the council after interrogating Satsuki over the killer's identity and whereabouts, Ryuko comes across a sentient sailor uniform she names Senketsu. Using Senketsu's special abilities, Ryuko stands up against Satsuki and her henchmen to liberate Honnouji Academy from their iron grip and find out the truth behind her father's murder.

More information: myanimelist
Old February 8th, 2014 (11:00 PM).
Silver Tier

Nature: Gentle
This anime is the most ridiculous series I have ever come across XD To be honest, I've only managed to watch the first episode and all the dramatic-ness, especially those costumes, were too much to handle. But I've heard it's gotten quite the attention since it aired.

— レイン · wonderland · love · achievements
Old February 9th, 2014 (12:13 AM).
Memento Mori
Gold Tier

Nature: Calm
Kill la Kill has got its own thread? =D
Wow =D

Okay... when I saw first episode I thought... "What in the f*cking crap is this sh*t"... and now I'm seriously looking forward to each new episode =D
For something so Trigger like, it has too much of symbolism =D

WAREWARE WA NUUUUUUUUDISUTOOOOO BIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIICHI best scene =D

Anime List | PSN Trophy List
Old February 10th, 2014 (04:08 PM).
menacing
Crystal Tier

Nature: Lonely
Nuuuuuuuuuuuuuudiiiiiisstoooo Beeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeacccccccccccccchiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii

^ awesome scene, yes haha. Love Aikuro. Such a hilarious guy lmao.

Anyway, as is probably evident, I just LOVE the series. I know it isn't exactly the perfect anime which deserves high praise when looked at from a critic's perspective, perhaps, but I enjoy the hell out of it and don't care about anything else :p Last few episodes have been amazing. I did ~sorta~ get bored during episode 14 and a half of episode 15 but those two are the only occassions this series has ever bored me. All the other episodes I've enjoyed immensely. :3 Mako is life. Nui is kawaii loli predator. Ragyo is fabulous. Sasuga Trigger.

Also, the character designs are amazing. <3; I love the designs for the elite four. Sanageyama and Nonon look great, especially. Nonon has that amazing voice too, lmfao. NANI SOREI?!? lmao
Old February 11th, 2014 (12:40 AM).
Memento Mori
Gold Tier

Quote originally posted by Sakazuki:
Nuuuuuuuuuuuuuudiiiiiisstoooo Beeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeacccccccccccccchiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii

^ awesome scene, yes haha. Love Aikuro. Such a hilarious guy lmao.
Exactly =D That guy is totally best character =D
Still... teacher stripping in front of student... only possible in anime =D

Old February 11th, 2014 (02:28 PM).
Protect his very soul.
ModeratorCS

For 4 months, I avoided watching this anime because I thought it was about girls in skimpy combat uniforms just duking it out for fanservice reasons. Seeing screenshots of Harime didn't help either as I again thought it was all for fanservice (could her character be any more opposite of sweet lolita?!). Then, a few days ago, Sakazuki said that clothing and nudity are themes. Huh, I decided to give it a try.

Within 3 episodes, I was hooked. I then marathoned it and caught myself up to episode 17. I quite like the introductions and battles of the Elite 4. My favorite is Sanageyama, who had a great turnaround after losing to Ryuko the first time. He looks better with the blindfold anyway.
Old February 11th, 2014 (11:00 PM).

Nature: Serious
I love Kill la Kill! One of my favourite animes, though I don't want to pass judgement until it finishes.

I love Uzu <3
Old February 12th, 2014 (12:29 AM).
Memento Mori
Gold Tier

Quote originally posted by Lilith:
Then, a few days ago, Sakazuki said that clothing and nudity are themes. Huh, I decided to give it a try.
Of course, because we have NUDIST BEACH terrorist group =D
But you are right, Blade... if you look at it only on the surface, you will see a fanservice, you need to go deeper to see the symbolism Kill la Kill works with =)

Quote originally posted by Karzahni:
I love Kill la Kill! One of my favourite animes, though I don't want to pass judgement until it finishes.
People should seriously stop using this...
Anime do not have a plural version... animes is absolutely ugly o.O

Old February 12th, 2014 (02:47 AM).

Oh, I didn't know it was collective too. My bad, sorry.
Old February 13th, 2014 (08:08 PM).
Protect his very soul.
ModeratorCS

Episode 18 was out of this world phenomenal.

Spoiler:
Plenty of plot twists and a confirmation of what I suspected about Ryuko and Satsuki.
Old February 14th, 2014 (08:28 PM).
menacing
Crystal Tier

Agreed. The show is on a high right now. Hope it ends on a high note and doesn't disappoint. <3

Episode 18
Spoiler:
it was so good I had to download it in HD later on lol. Ryuko and Satsuki being sisters I saw coming. The fact that Ryuko is synchronized with life fibers too was surprising! We finally get to see soichirou too. He's quite a good looking man.

Gama-Mako were awesome as always. Uzu too. Highlight of the episode were the battles, though. Animation was good. Also, loved how matoi overpowered Nui. :3 And Ragyo looked amazing in Junketsu. It is almost as if it was made just for her.

Speculation on my part - Satsuki will have the other half of scissor blade by series end and both ryuko and her will defeat Ragyo with together. :p

Also, I found the crotch touching scene more uncomfortable than the semi rape in episode 16 lol. Maybe because I watched this with my younger sister.
Old February 15th, 2014 (12:58 AM).
Memento Mori
Gold Tier

Episode 18
Spoiler:

Also, I found the crotch touching scene more uncomfortable than the semi rape in episode 16 lol. Maybe because I watched this with my younger sister.
You wanna rape your imouto? o.O

Spoiler:
Anyways... I AM YOUR... MOTHER scene? Trigger never fails to surprise =D
I also kinda anticipated our main heroines to be sisters but I did not expect to be valid o.O

Old February 15th, 2014 (02:16 AM).
Banned

Nature: Gentle
Wonder what relation Tsumugu Kinagase is to Ryuuko
Spoiler:
and Satsuki
. I'm guessing uncle.
Spoiler:
Old February 15th, 2014 (03:22 AM).
menacing
Crystal Tier

Quote originally posted by Satoshi Ookami:
You wanna rape your imouto? o.O

Spoiler:
Anyways... I AM YOUR... MOTHER scene? Trigger never fails to surprise =D
I also kinda anticipated our main heroines to be sisters but I did not expect to be valid o.O
No, st00pid. :p I meant to say that I saw that semi-rape scene alone. While I saw the crotch scene with my sis (she was watching the ep with me). Made me uncomfortable because a family member was around while I was watching stuff like that lol. :p

Quote originally posted by -Lapras-:
Wonder what relation Tsumugu Kinagase is to Ryuuko
Spoiler:
and Satsuki
. I'm guessing uncle.
Spoiler:
This theory has been going on around for a while. Won't be surprised if it turns out to be true.
Old February 16th, 2014 (06:00 AM).
Platinum Tier

Nature: Jolly
Quote originally posted by Lilith:
For 4 months, I avoided watching this anime because I thought it was about girls in skimpy combat uniforms just duking it out for fanservice reasons. Seeing screenshots of Harime didn't help either as I again thought it was all for fanservice (could her character be any more opposite of sweet lolita?!). Then, a few days ago, Sakazuki said that clothing and nudity are themes. Huh, I decided to give it a try.

Within 3 episodes, I was hooked. I then marathoned it and caught myself up to episode 17. I quite like the introductions and battles of the Elite 4. My favorite is Sanageyama, who had a great turnaround after losing to Ryuko the first time. He looks better with the blindfold anyway.
I was the same way, except everyone was talking about it and were using avatars so I gave it a go, and I'm hooked too @_@

Ep 19 is going to be one of the best according to one of the VA's who loved it. I just hope aniplex doesn't delay another episode... again.
Old February 16th, 2014 (09:07 AM).
menacing
Crystal Tier

There have been quite a few of these episode delays for a while now, right? I'm not gonna be holding my breath. Seems it'll be equally likely for this ep too. :p

Also, the preview showed absolutely nothing. Must mean the content is too good to be spoiled even slightly. Plus Ryuko's VA said it was one of the best episodes (yeah, heard on NF that it was Ryuko's VA) so I'm pretty pumped. Really, really looking forward to it.

Either way, reiterating because can't stress it enough - episode 18 was one of the most entertaining anime episodes I've ever seen. It was great. The episode made KlK jump like 30+ ranks in MAL Top Anime list lol.
Old February 16th, 2014 (01:47 PM).
Super ModeratorCS

Nature: Quirky
I remember first watching this since I was like "eh I have this series queued up and I'm running out of stuff, might as well try it" - followed soon by "what the hell am I even watching lol". I just stood there like wondering what was even going on, but still found myself wanting to watch more since as random as it was, it was...addictive, I guess?

I slacked off a bit watching it over the past month or two, though. Finally got around to catching up on episodes. PLOT TWISTS WAT. Why did I stop watching this, seriously.

(Although I will say, watching some of these episodes with my husband was, um. A bit awkward to say the least. I believe it was episode 8 or 9 that he first watched with me and oh dear god lol.)

I want more now. MORE. X(
Old February 17th, 2014 (03:06 AM).
Memento Mori
Gold Tier

Plus Ryuko's VA said it was one of the best episodes (yeah, heard on NF that it was Ryuko's VA) so I'm pretty pumped. Really, really looking forward to it.
Holly cow... if Ami who's been in many epic series says something like this then... oh god, my nudity is not ready!

Old February 17th, 2014 (05:02 AM).
menacing
Crystal Tier

@Sylphiel - Inorite? So damn addictive. <3; AND ME TOO. JUST TUESDAY AND WEDNESDAY MOAR THEN WE HAVE THURSDAY AND NEW KLK!! :DDDDD

Also, saw this amazing fanart. Spoiler-y if you haven't seen ep 18, I guess.

Spoiler:

I want this to happen. <3

@Satoshi Ookami - haha, same here. :p

Also, anyone thinking aikuro might be related to Kiryuuins or Ryuko or something too? I don't doubt anything after the latest episodes lol
Old February 20th, 2014 (01:34 PM).
Protect his very soul.
ModeratorCS

I NEED MORE

Ugh time to go look at amazing fanart while we wait for next Thursday. ;-;

Nude Elite Four, hah! I quite liked every scene with any of the members.

Mako and Gamagori, so precious. :'3

It was possible to hate Raygo even more. I wanted to cry in the middle of the episode. "The deeper your rage, the more useful you are to me" bleh! I can't wait to see her head on the end of a pike.
Old February 20th, 2014 (01:47 PM).
menacing
Crystal Tier

I can't wait. wat to do. come soon next thursday :(

Dat Gamako. <3
Dat Nude Elite 4. Dat Nonon, especially. <3;
Dat horny Mako Mom huehuehue
Dat creepy mom-daughter spanking ughhhhhh >_>;
Dat poor senketsu. ;___;
Dat brave satsuki. BEST GIRL (after mako)

Satisfied with this week's episode. Downloading in HD. :D

Quote originally posted by Onee-san:
It was possible to hate Raygo even more. I wanted to cry in the middle of the episode. "The deeper your rage, the more useful you are to me" bleh! I can't wait to see her head on the end of a pike.
I didn't exactly "hate" her before this ep. But yeah, this episode made me hate her. :x She's horrible. I want her to die in the most painful way possibru. RYUKO SATSUKI TAG TEAM HER AND KIRU RA KIRU HER WITH UR SCISSORS!!!!
Old February 20th, 2014 (08:43 PM).
I'M ALL FIRED UP
ModeratorBS

Nature: Modest
Send a message via Skype™ to Altairis
I think it's really funny because the anime started out with just Ryuko wearing basically nothing, and now it's progressed to just like 2 or 3 people clothed per episode and nobody even says anything about it haha.

Also the mother really needs to leave because it makes me uncomfortable whenever she touches Satsuki seeing as she always needs to touch her boobs or crotch >.>
Old February 21st, 2014 (12:31 AM).
Memento Mori
Gold Tier

Quote originally posted by Altairis:
I think it's really funny because the anime started out with just Ryuko wearing basically nothing, and now it's progressed to just like 2 or 3 people clothed per episode and nobody even says anything about it haha.
Because...
That's the power of...
NUUUUUUUUUUUUDIIIIIIIIIIIISTOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO BEEEEEEEEEEEAAAAAAAACH!

And they need to be nude to fight against clothes.

Old February 21st, 2014 (01:10 AM).

Episode 19, oh my ♥♥♥♥ing god.

Spoiler:
Yay nudity, but still holy ♥♥♥♥ cats. o__o After 18's plot twist, this is just even crazier. A timeskip can be tricky, but they've done it super well, without highlight events that happened during the fight too much. Lol that Uzu's is the last Goku to go though.
Old February 22nd, 2014 (01:23 AM).
Memento Mori
Gold Tier

EP19:
Spoiler:
OMFG OMFG! GOD OF NUDITY BE WITH ME!
THIS WAS F*CKING AWESOME!

And Ryuuko's godly pissed o.O This is bad, this is seriously bad, Ragyou, hold your clothes.

Quick Reply

Sponsored Links

You may also like.. (Beta)