Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Current Generation Pokémon Gaming > Pokémon X & Pokémon Y

Notices
For all updates, view the main page.

Pokémon X & Pokémon Y The Kalos region awaits! Explore a new world, capture new Pokémon, and fight off Team Flare in the newest installment of the core Pokémon series.

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old February 10th, 2014 (04:01 PM).
Espuwott
ALL HAIL THE HELIX FOSSIL

Nature: Modest
I say that I hated Carbink the most. He is terrible.
Old February 10th, 2014 (04:03 PM).
εcho.
The Silver Ninetales

Nature: Impish
Slurpuff, I think it's the ugliest thing I've ever laid eyes on.

Swirlix is alright, but I would never evolve it if I used it. xD

fc: 3110-4261-3923

Old February 10th, 2014 (04:59 PM).
Zekrom

Aromatisse. I really don't care for that thing.

My Trade Shop (currently open!)
Old February 10th, 2014 (05:04 PM).
DynamicD
Metagross Fan

Nature: Relaxed
I don't really hate any of the new Pokemon, but I'd say Binacle. It's design is pretty ugly; it's evolution is pretty much the only thing it has going for it.

You must edit it to meet the limits set by the rules before you may remove the [sig-reason] code from your signature. Removing this tag will re-enable it.

Do not remove the tag until you fix the issues in your signature. You may be infracted for removing this tag if you do not fix the specified issues. Do not use this tag for decoration purposes.
Old February 10th, 2014 (05:16 PM).
Playful_Weasel
can I have a Pokepuff?
Community Supporter

Nature: Gentle
Send a message via Skype™ to Playful_Weasel
By it's design, I really dislike how Klefki looks like - just a lot of 'keys' put together and called it a Pokemon.
#1 Patrat & Watchog Fan Ever!! just love those PokeMeerkats!!
I also love the - PokeMustelids - PokeFelines - PokeFoxes too!
Current Challengess
Random Challenge - Badges: 8/8 - game: X - Location: defeated Elite 4
Random Challenge - Badges: 7/8 - game: Y - Location: Route 19
50/50 Challenge - Badges 6/8 - Game Y - Location: Dendemille Town/Frost Cavern - haven't continued yet
Old February 10th, 2014 (05:40 PM).
PumpJack
Gentleman Thug

Nature: Quirky
A lot of the fairies, actually. Which I think is also a major contributor to how a lot of people just don't get how they're a counter to Dragon.

It is pretty frustrating to know that some of the dumbest-looking creatures (S;urpuff, Aromatisse, Carboink, Klefki) are absolutely immune to the likes of Salamance, Hydreigon, Palkia, Dialga, Reshiram, and Zekrom.

But even more so is the fact that their designs are just overwhelmingly typically girly-girl. To the point where it's frankly insulting to actual little girls. Fluffy and vapid.

They could have afforded to tone things down a notch or ten.

I'm also not the biggest fan of Pyroar. I think they skimped out on that one. Missed opportunity for something truly great. Lions are the king of beasts, after all- and are absolutely steeped in rich mythology and symbolism.
Old February 10th, 2014 (05:43 PM).
SnowpointQuincy
Seeker of FRIEND CODES

Nature: Lonely
Quote originally posted by Playful_Weasel:
By it's design, I really dislike how Klefki looks like - just a lot of 'keys' put together and called it a Pokemon.
Not Even Keys, just a metal ring that collects keys.

Quote originally posted by No Chance Without Zekrom:

I thought the same thing, but it grew on me. I like it now. But not at first.

I hate... DIGGERSBY nothing will make me use it.
Old February 10th, 2014 (05:45 PM).
Ars Arcanum
The North Remembers.

Nature: Sassy
Diggersby. It infuriates me.

FC: 2552-2106-9683. I'm finally ready to do 6v6 battles!
FS (Flying): Spearow, Tranquill, Fletchinder
Old February 10th, 2014 (05:47 PM).
εcho.
The Silver Ninetales

Nature: Impish
I totally forgot about Diggersby.

Ugliest thing ever, I will never use it. I don't care how good it is competitively.

fc: 3110-4261-3923

Old February 10th, 2014 (06:00 PM).
Azire
Mr. Premier Ball

Nature: Naughty
Delphox. I think I spelled that right. Worst Pokémon I have seen, ever.
Please Leave A Review If We Trade
Trader Review Thread
Pairs: Champion Lunis
Old February 10th, 2014 (06:01 PM).
Mesmerella
Preschooler

I'd say Binacle... It's pretty goofy looking. To be honest, though, I don't really dislike any of the new Pokemon...
Old February 10th, 2014 (06:14 PM).
Hikamaru
and a day ♥
Community Supporter

I pretty much love all the Kalos Pokemon except one... Avalugg, aka Ice Table.

Yeah I don't like its body shape for some reason, and nope I don't think Diggersby or Binacle are that ugly.
Old February 10th, 2014 (06:20 PM).
Pendraflare
I'm definitely in my zone.
Community Supporter

Nature: Quiet
Send a message via Skype™ to Pendraflare
I actually do like Barbaracle, so i'm not gonna say that one.

But I really hate Dedenne. It goes with the tradition of each new generation introducing a Pikachu knock off, but that doesn't excuse it from being crap. I don't like its design and it learns almost nothing good.
Old February 10th, 2014 (06:21 PM).
Alli
kong

Nature: Timid
There are a few I don't really hate per se, but was disappointed in. I really love Swirlix, Spritzee, and Braixen...oh man, especially Braixen. Favorite gen VI Pokemon. But I am disappointed with all their evolutions. I mean, they're not terrible and I think they're okay, but I was expecting better with them and it makes me not want to evolve them. :( I'm pretty fond of my Slurpuff and Delphox personally, but I haven't really touched Aromatisse...I think of the three I named, that's the one that disappoints me most. I was hoping that Spritzee, looking happy and cute, yet somehow still creepy, would become a more...morbid, dark purple/fuchsia kind of thing? There was great fan art back before Aromatisse was revealed. I guess Google for it.

The Pokemon I absolutely do not like are Binacle and Avalugg. Barbaracle is a great Pokemon to use, and while I don't like the design, the Pokemon itself grew on me because it was a great team member. But Binacle is still...wow. Named mine God Forsaken. lol And I like Bergmite, but Avalugg is probably the most uncreative thing I've ever seen. I normally don't say that about Pokemon, because I usually can find something about them I really like, but this thing...I just can't find it any saving grace. It's a table of ice and looks like it wasn't even made by a human being. It really looks like they didn't even try. If anyone wants to tell me something great about Avalugg, be my guest. I like Bergmite enough to hope for something good about Avalugg.

So, all that being said, my #1 hated gen VI Pokemon is Avalugg. #1 disappointing gen VI Pokemon is Aromatisse.
paired to diddy

Old February 10th, 2014 (06:23 PM).
Zekrom

Quote originally posted by flareblitz37:
But I really hate Dedenne. It goes with the tradition of each new generation introducing a Pikachu knock off, but that doesn't excuse it from being crap. I don't like its design and it learns almost nothing good.
I gotta agree with this. And I find it funny how Game Freak tries to capitalize on the popularity of Pikachu, but is then like "well, we can't really make it better than Pikachu", which results in us getting another crap 'mon.

My Trade Shop (currently open!)
Old February 10th, 2014 (06:31 PM).
Flushed
Tomato Soup
Community Supporter

Nature: Careful
Agree with Everlark on the Braixen situation. They had the chance to do something great, but we just got a bigger version of it with Delphox. Greninja and Chesnaught are pretty cool, but I was sorely disappointed with Delphox.
Old February 10th, 2014 (06:49 PM).
DynamicD
Metagross Fan

To add a little more to my post, even though we had kind of a small roster this generation, the quality of most of the Pokemon were much better than generations with more Pokemon. Quality over Quantity, you know?

You must edit it to meet the limits set by the rules before you may remove the [sig-reason] code from your signature. Removing this tag will re-enable it.

Do not remove the tag until you fix the issues in your signature. You may be infracted for removing this tag if you do not fix the specified issues. Do not use this tag for decoration purposes.
Old February 10th, 2014 (06:50 PM).
Alpha King
Man's Best Friend
Community Supporter

Send a message via Yahoo to Alpha King
Definitely Diggersby. I thought Bunnelby was extremely cute and then it evolved into a fat, pimp-looking rabbit with the cry of a constipated alcoholic burping up his meals atrociously.

Old February 10th, 2014 (06:58 PM).
Shhmew

Nature: Gentle
Aww, I love Carbink! <3

I love a LOT of the new Pokemon, but a few of them definitely had me cringing. Usually because they were just so darn awkward.

My least favorites... probably:

-The Chespin line: Not a fan of them at all, the whole line is really awkward, though I guess Chespin is kind of cute. Point is as it evolves it gets really gross and... just... awkward.
-Pancham/Pangoro: I think I'm definitely in the minority here, but I'm definitely not a fan of these guys... Pangoro especially is just really creepy and bulky and bleh.
-The Honedge line: Again, probably in the minority... but I don't like them! Didn't like them since the first time I saw them. And then the fact they're incredibly hard to take down in battle (at least for me, being a noob) is just annoying and then everyone uses them because of that and I'm sick of seeing the sword/shield thing everywhere ;P I just don't like it. Never have been charmed with Pokemon based off of inanimate objects anyway. Sorry Aegislash, but you'll never find your way onto my team...
-Binacle/Barbaracle: Just horridly creepy and awkward. End of story.
-Clauncher/Clawitzer: ^
-Trevenant: ^ (although Phantump is so adorable! and its cry *-*)
-Bergmite/Avalugg: ^ (but I'd use avalugg as a kitchen table)
Old February 10th, 2014 (07:32 PM).
Alli
kong

Nature: Timid
It's good to know this thread is in agreement that Avalugg should be furniture, not a Pokemon.
paired to diddy

Old February 11th, 2014 (12:42 AM).
Dennyshark

Diggersby is probably the ugliest Pokemon I've ever seen, and I don't say that lightly. There's something about the colour scheme and massive arm-ears that I inherently dislike. I'd say that one's probably my least favourite, just due to the reasons I listed. From the looks of things, I'm not in a minority here.

Other honourable mentions are Avalugg. I'm just disappointed in it. Its pre-evolution was cute, and then it turned into a cracked table that stands there and looks incredibly smug about it. I also think the fairy type could do with better designs. I don't inherently disagree with the choice to add a new type into the mix, and I don't even mind them remixing old Pokemon with the typing, even though I'm having a tough time getting accustomed to it. What I do mind is that it's all the same girly stuff. These guys negate dragons but they don't look like they do. Also have to say that Pyroar could have been so much cooler, especially with that name.

Oh, and I've been done with electric rodents since generation I, thanks, Pokemon.

Well, that's about it for me. I was fine with most of the Pokemon in this generation on some level or another, and anything else would be nit-picking.
Old February 11th, 2014 (12:50 AM).
Ω Ruby and α Sapphire
Hope will never die! ~Lucina

Quote originally posted by Dennyshark:
Diggersby is probably the ugliest Pokemon I've ever seen, and I don't say that lightly. There's something about the colour scheme and massive arm-ears that I inherently dislike. I'd say that one's probably my least favourite, just due to the reasons I listed. From the looks of things, I'm not in a minority here.
Diggersby tho? Diggersby tho? That thing kick serious butt! Haha all jokes aside, there were many poor designs in 6th gen in my opinion. Some of them include Klefiki, Aromatisse, Barbanacle and Avalugg just to name a few. Luckily, there were also some really, really cool new Pokemon to counter these.
Old February 11th, 2014 (12:55 AM).
Cerberus87
Mega Houndoom, baby!

The Fairies... (ALL of them except Xerneas) And Barbaracle, which is, like, the ugliest Pokémon ever and people only use him because of his stats.

I said before in another thread that the best 6th gen Pokémon were those we knew in advance from CoroCoro leaks. The ones we knew because of the leakers who got the game before release date all suck (except Avalugg, I love Avalugg).

3DS FC: 3282-2423-7870 (PM if you add) (Bug-type Safari)

Please give Boomburst to Pidgeot, GF!!!
Old February 11th, 2014 (01:47 AM). Edited February 11th, 2014 by Xerneas_X.
Xerneas_X
Raven

Quote originally posted by No Chance Without Zekrom:
It's so adorable, even it's pre-evolution D:!!!

How can you hate something with a face like this?

But in all seriousness, this is the ugliest:

---------

hmmm even Sylveon with all it's adorableness could be considered icky if you realize something >.>

As of Feb 20th: 1500 Wins/264 losses, 85% Win Rate.
As of Feb 25th (2nd Playthrough): 150 Wins/0 losses, Undefeated, Challengers Beware!
Old February 11th, 2014 (02:29 AM).
Cameo
Superior heat protecter!

Nature: Modest
Quote originally posted by PumpJack:
A lot of the fairies, actually. Which I think is also a major contributor to how a lot of people just don't get how they're a counter to Dragon.

It is pretty frustrating to know that some of the dumbest-looking creatures (S;urpuff, Aromatisse, Carboink, Klefki) are absolutely immune to the likes of Salamance, Hydreigon, Palkia, Dialga, Reshiram, and Zekrom.

But even more so is the fact that their designs are just overwhelmingly typically girly-girl. To the point where it's frankly insulting to actual little girls. Fluffy and vapid.

They could have afforded to tone things down a notch or ten.

I'm also not the biggest fan of Pyroar. I think they skimped out on that one. Missed opportunity for something truly great. Lions are the king of beasts, after all- and are absolutely steeped in rich mythology and symbolism.
I actually thought the same thing about Fairy-type yesterday when I was playing Y-version again and I think that the main problem is that they combined Fairy-type with pink colour. Seriously, if you think about carefully almost every single Fairy-type Pokémon has pink combined to them someway. There are only a few like Azumarill evolutionary line that doesn't have it and they look sweet. And when you think for example Aromatisse in it's original colouring it's like pink overload that really hurts to look at. Many of those Fairy-type Pokémon look so much better in their shiny sprite.

And about Pyroar - I don't hate it but I know what you mean. Littleo is cute and stuff but somehow I feel they screwed the evolutionary line pretty badly. The main on Pyroar is cool but the design lacks something and I wish there were a third evolution between Littleo and Pyroar so it wouldn't remind so much of Electrike - Manectrike but more of would resemble Shinx - Luxray line.

Overall I don't think there's a single Pokémon I'd hate but there are a few I really dislike for example Aromatisse, Slurpuff, Carbink and Barbaracle (they could have left it out, it's just horrific but not hateable - basicly no one would notice if it would randomly disappeared from the games). :D
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links