Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Current Generation Pokémon Gaming > Pokémon X & Pokémon Y

Notices
For all updates, view the main page.

Pokémon X & Pokémon Y The Kalos region awaits! Explore a new world, capture new Pokémon, and fight off Team Flare in the newest installment of the core Pokémon series.

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old February 27th, 2014 (02:16 AM).
Haunted Cupcake
Soul Resonance Technician

Nature: Adamant
Why all the fairy hate Slurpuff is One of the best. Aromatisse could be more pretty and less scary mask face. bibaracle is ugly as hell 0/10 wouldnt train. All of the mega evo's look like GF are trying too hard especially m-Gyarados.
All the new starters look like s**t.The Goomy line is horrible it looks nothing like a dragon.Yveltal could have been better and less o look another legendary bird.But these are just my thoughts on gen 6 mons.

I love the Ghost /Grass [Gourgiest/trevenant they look awesome] types they did, finally the type combo i wanted since gen 1.
Old February 27th, 2014 (11:49 AM).
Patrick
Ya'll Are Weird
Community Supporter

Nature: Sassy
^ Considering the low amount of Pokemon added this gen, it sounds like you listed just about everybody.

I don't have any least favorites. The barnacle thing does look sorta funny, though, and I never caught one (because I couldn't be bothered to fish except to get Horsea, really), but I'd say it's really the least of my concerns. I tend to focus less on who doesn't appeal to me and more on who does.

Other Stuff That's Totally Uncool and Not Worth Your Time!

Old February 27th, 2014 (01:35 PM).
Melonfrog

Talonflame, that thing has stupid looking legs. Fletchinder on the other hand looks amazing!
Old February 27th, 2014 (01:55 PM).
Electricmudkip
N wins at life.

Nature: Naughty
Slurpuff's design just frightens me for some reason, the fact that I could get a dress based on it is...pretty disturbing.

Old February 27th, 2014 (02:04 PM).
Sheep
sheeple sheeple

Nature: Timid
I'm not a fan of Slurpuff mostly because of its mouth. Just.. doesn't do it for me, looks too derpy haha. Malamar and Binacle are bleh too, the latter more so than the former. Binacle will forever me on my most forgettable Pokemon list. >_>

But other than that I like all the rest. Hard for me to dislike any Pokemon to extremes, really.

da best | family | my star | twin
cute club LV
Old February 27th, 2014 (02:36 PM).
Peitharchia
& having to receive it

So much dislike for Slurpuff, haha. It does look a little awkward, doesn't it?

Quote originally posted by Melonfrog:
Talonflame, that thing has stupid looking legs. Fletchinder on the other hand looks amazing!
Personally, I actually quite like Talonflame. If it's got Gale Wings, it could cause some major havoc when battling. :] Although, its design could use some enhancements.
Old February 27th, 2014 (02:39 PM).
debbletricks

Nature: Naughty
Why is Barbaracle getting so much hate. I rather like it's design.
The one i dislike the most is Avalugg, but mostly because it's shiny form is so boring. I really liked the gen 6 pokemon for the most part.
Old February 27th, 2014 (02:44 PM).
atomtanned

I liked most of the Gen VI Pokemon... also I really like that they release "ugly"/less "cool" looking Pokemon. It makes it more realistic to me I guess... I don't know. Plus it makes it really fun for challenge runs

Friend Codes
X: Serena {2638-0348-2480}
Y: Allyson {2638-0348-2480}
HeartGold: Lyra {3526-6386-3822}

Challenges:
Pokemon Y Wonderlocke

tumblr || backlog

Old February 28th, 2014 (05:11 AM).
Haru17

Character design is one of Pokemon's biggest strengths, unfortunately it's always hit and miss...

Chesnaught - Besides the awful pun this thing is meh incarnate: it's even beige! The first started I have ever ditched. 2/10

Talonflame - Another bird final evolution that looks like a second evolution. A hint: It's the feathers, too much light underwing area. meh/10

Pyroar - Again with the non puns! Red =/= Fire! Make it elemental; lava or actual flames, or don't make it at all. 1/10

Aromatisse & Slurpuff - Why are cupcakes and perfume now pokemon? Aside from French stereotypes, pokemon are animals or mythical entities, not household tat! And I thought we were past the theory of biogenesis. Also, gaudy pink. -10,000/10

Barbaracle: Too many arms, a hand for a head, and striped arms? So much bad design…
Next time make a phone pokemon so we'll know you're phoning it in. 0/10

Dedenne - Pichu already exists and you haven't even grabbed onto its coattails successfully. Why not just give Raichu a mega evolution? #nottryinganymore/10

Goomy - The final evolution is fine, but the first two forms are uninspired. 3/10

Trevenant - So disappointed because I wanted it to be a cool haunted dead tree. Instead it's a weird plastic-looking walking stick-thing. lost hope/10

The 2 upcoming legendaries that aren't mega Latias / Latios or Diancie. The weird pink thing is a gaudy fairy thing. The other is a bad plastic-looking water / fire type. YOU WAITED THIS LONG TO MAKE A WATER FIRE TYPE TO MAKE THIS!?! Why not a animated volcano erupting into a pool of water, creating obsidian. Why not a magical being composed of suspended and fire that creates steam? Why not anything that isn't an uninspired lego monster with a ring that fires a laser. -lots/10!

There are a bunch of cool pokemon this gen, though. Much more than black / white. The water pokemon in particular look cool and distinctive.
Old March 2nd, 2014 (05:12 AM).
LiquidForce
The Upper Downer

Nature: Relaxed
Quote originally posted by Hikamaru:
I pretty much love all the Kalos Pokemon except one... Avalugg, aka Ice Table.

Yeah I don't like its body shape for some reason, and nope I don't think Diggersby or Binacle are that ugly.

....The first time I saw him I thought my game was glitched because his body was just.. cut through..

LocationChallenge- HG
The Random Pokémon Challenge- HG

Completed Challenges:

Nuclocke- Y
Old March 2nd, 2014 (09:10 AM).
Arrow_Riddari

Quote originally posted by Dennyshark:
Diggersby is probably the ugliest Pokemon I've ever seen, and I don't say that lightly. There's something about the colour scheme and massive arm-ears that I inherently dislike. I'd say that one's probably my least favourite, just due to the reasons I listed. From the looks of things, I'm not in a minority here.

Other honourable mentions are Avalugg. I'm just disappointed in it. Its pre-evolution was cute, and then it turned into a cracked table that stands there and looks incredibly smug about it. I also think the fairy type could do with better designs. I don't inherently disagree with the choice to add a new type into the mix, and I don't even mind them remixing old Pokemon with the typing, even though I'm having a tough time getting accustomed to it. What I do mind is that it's all the same girly stuff. These guys negate dragons but they don't look like they do. Also have to say that Pyroar could have been so much cooler, especially with that name.

Oh, and I've been done with electric rodents since generation I, thanks, Pokemon.

Well, that's about it for me. I was fine with most of the Pokemon in this generation on some level or another, and anything else would be nit-picking.
I agree with you. Diggersby is terrible. Couldn't they have made something more like Lopunny?
Avalugg is plain weird. Fairy type is okay, but not all need to be cute and cuddly. In a lot of mythology, fairies are creatures that steal your soul or make you serve them for eternity if you eat their food. They can make some Pokemon, kind of like Tropius, with the Dex Entry of: Its fruit are really appetizing to humans, but if you eat it, you will become their servant for eternity.
Exactly, fairies should look more tough. Sylveon looks all pink and cuddly and looks perfect for a normal type. Instead, it can somehow KO a dragon without batting its eyelashes at the dragon.
Yeah, no more electric rodents please. Pikachu is always my favorite. Why try to make more?

Hi it is nice to meet you all. My name is Arrow. I am from Marriland and have come to make new friends. I am a girl [for all those who call me a guy... lol]. I like meeting new people and making new friends. So, hi :]!
Old March 2nd, 2014 (09:46 AM).
Howmander

Nature: Adamant
Quote originally posted by Haru17:
Aromatisse & Slurpuff - Why are cupcakes and perfume now pokemon? Aside from French stereotypes, pokemon are animals or mythical entities, not household tat! And I thought we were past the theory of biogenesis. Also, gaudy pink. -10,000/10
So Pokemon are mythical entities or animals unless they're a bag of garbage, ice cream cones, formless piles of sludge, a punching bag, a pine cone, a wind chime, a weather balloon, a cherry, machine gears, a snowflake or a pokeball, THOSE you're all fine with, but a cupcake or perfume? No, that's just too much! ;-)
Looking for some berries, hidden ability Safari pokemon or previous generation Move Tutor Egg moves? I have everything from the first two categories and a lot from the last category! All I'm looking for is the 5 gen 6 legendary giveaway pokemon, check out this thread for more details! Thanks:

http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?p=8592152#post8592152
Old March 2nd, 2014 (12:40 PM).
Lord Helix
God

Crystal for it removed thy presence, and worshiped the blasphemous Lazor Gator
Old March 2nd, 2014 (01:19 PM).
Donut
Spriter

Nature: Brave
Magikarp! I've always hated him and I always will!
Old March 3rd, 2014 (02:28 PM).
Elements1
Meh

Nature: Calm
Quote originally posted by Donut:
Magikarp! I've always hated him and I always will!
Don't hate the Karp D:

Quote:
Sorry, I don't like Meowstic much at all. So there.
Wow that is surprising! I don't like Meowstic as a competitive pokemon but I think he looks really cool, and don't like the shiny form as much but I like it's shiny form too!

water, earth!

Completed National Pokedex: 2/20/14 Dusknoir Finial Entry
3DS FC:1263-7361-4137
Old March 3rd, 2014 (02:40 PM).
Peitharchia
& having to receive it

Quote:
Chesnaught - Besides the awful pun this thing is meh incarnate: it's even beige! The first started I have ever ditched. 2/10

Talonflame - Another bird final evolution that looks like a second evolution. A hint: It's the feathers, too much light underwing area. meh/10
Ah, really? I actually really like these two, personally. Chesnaught looks like a gigantic bulky monster, which represents all its high defensive stats and whatnot. As for Talonflame, I think it looks pretty fierce. ^^"
Old March 3rd, 2014 (04:00 PM).
ShaymieTheShaymin
Menma~
Community Supporter

Nature: Naive
Send a message via Skype™ to ShaymieTheShaymin
I really hate Hawlucha, mostly because I wasn't prepared for it. The first time I saw it, I was terrified. Also, it kept completely annihilating my team. Like ten times.

Thanks for everything today. Tomorrow I'll go to heaven. Please be my friends until the very end.
Old March 3rd, 2014 (05:28 PM).
SparksPKMN

I really don't like Hawlucha...
Old March 3rd, 2014 (05:44 PM).
zikq

Yep
I hated Carbink too
Old March 4th, 2014 (05:19 AM). Edited March 5th, 2014 by James.
James
Make it double!

Nature: Hardy
Klefki, it has to be Klefki. Absolutely no thought into that pokemon at all. Someone was like "We need more pokemon!!!" and one of the designers just looked down and saw his car keys. Ugh that one drives me nuts.
Old March 4th, 2014 (05:51 AM).
Patchisou Yutohru
Community Supporter

Quote originally posted by James:
Keifling, it has to be Keifling. Absolutely no thought into that pokemon at all. Someone was like "We need more pokemon!!!" and one of the designers just looked down and saw his car keys. Ugh that one drives me nuts.
Do you mean Klefki? That's actually one of my favorite new Pokemon. I really dislike Swirlix to be honest... I don't like how it looks or its moveset.
Old March 4th, 2014 (09:08 AM).
εcho.
The Silver Ninetales

Nature: Impish
Quote originally posted by ShinyHuntahh#TeamChespin:
....The first time I saw him I thought my game was glitched because his body was just.. cut through..
Haha, I thought the same. I remember looking up new pokemon on Serebii before I got the game and when it came to Avalugg, I thought my computer just wasn't loading the sprite properly. Took me a long time to figure out that was how it was supposed to look. xD

Why all the Dedenne hate? I understand that the Pikachu ripoffs are getting a little old but I think he's pretty cute! Nowhere near as bad as Pachirisu. *shudder*

fc: 3110-4261-3923

Old March 4th, 2014 (10:42 AM).
Rapture11
All about Battle Spot <3

Nature: Quiet
I don't like Binacle,Aromatisse, Slurpuff, Dragalge, Avalugg at all. Dun like them.

FC:1392-5697-1527

~Psychic Type Safari~
~Drozsee-Espurr-Xatu~

Old March 4th, 2014 (12:25 PM).
HotChocletyQuilava
Sayounara

Nature: Lonely
Ugh. Diggersby and Flabébé. I hate them both. -.-

♬I am a little bit of loneliness a little bit of disregard
Handful of complaints but I can’t help the fact that everyone can see these scars
I am what I want you to want what I want you to feel
But it's like no matter what I do, I can't convince you, to just believe this is real♬
Old March 4th, 2014 (01:21 PM).
Corvus of the Black Night
Wild Duck Pokémon
Community Supporter

Nature: Impish
Litleo freaks me the ♥♥♥♥ out, I'm sorry. That sound it makes, those staring eyes... eep.
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links