The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Current Generation Pokémon Gaming > Pokémon X & Pokémon Y

Notices

Pokémon X & Pokémon Y The Kalos region awaits! Explore a new world, capture new Pokémon, and fight off Team Flare in the newest installment of the core Pokémon series.

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old March 4th, 2014 (01:25 PM).
Pinta77
Swadloon Trainer
Community Supporter

Send a message via Skype™ to Pinta77
It has to be klefki. Klefki is the "klink" of this generation imo

Wonder Trade!!!
Old March 4th, 2014 (01:37 PM).
daigonite
Don't be afraid of the dark
Community Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pinta77 View Post
Eh, I think both Klink and Klefki were pretty cool. The concept of machines or object Pokemon have always been kind of fun as long as they aren't outright stupid like food (Sorry, Slurpluff and Vanilluxe, the only Pokemon that pulled that joke off was Farfetch'd). Klink's line felt like a new version of the Magnemite line, and Klefki makes me think of little spirits that inhabit different objects.
Old March 4th, 2014 (02:45 PM).
εcho.
The Silver Ninetales

Nature: Impish
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pinta77 View Post
Aw, I think Klefki is pretty cute. I didn't like it at first but then I recently caught one in my Y version and have been playing with it in my party and really enjoying using it.

The one thing that freaked me out though was in Pokemon Amie, it spins around when it's happy and the bottom of the keyring part splits apart. It just looks weird.

fc: 3110-4261-3923

Old March 4th, 2014 (10:32 PM).
Bayleefshine

Honestly, I liked most of the designs from gen 1-6. I feel like most people in this thread when asking for pokemon are wanting Digimon rather than Pokemon. Pokemon are never meant to be someone super super cool looking. That is what separated pokemon from other franchises is that the designs are simple and reach a large audience.

I just got a little annoyed seeing all the comment like 'I wanted a super gigantic evil dragon with red eyes and claws that look like freddy kreuger' comments.

Back on topic, I think Binacle is my least favorite of the new designs but I think most of the new designs were well thought out imho.
Old March 4th, 2014 (11:04 PM).
Jack
ego
Community Supporter Tier 2

Hates a strong word xD.

I disliked Honedge, was kind of ridiculous imho.

Pokemon X/Y FC: 2380-4409-6283

Trade Reviews: http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=321271
Old March 5th, 2014 (05:48 AM).
Nug Sando

There's a bunch I don't like, but I honestly think Barbaracle is the most Godforsaken ugliest thing I have ever seen, pokemon or not. I don't care how good it is, I will never use that thing, or Binacle for that matter. It looks like some Clive Barker nightmare that's gonna walk outta the darkness in like Hellraiser VII or whatever number they're up to now.

I also really dislike Aegislash and Honedge, Doublade somehow looks awesome, but enough with the inanimate object pokemon, and yeah, that includes you Kelfki. Just wait til they think of the next logical step beyond Mega Evolutions...the ability to merge pokemon together and combine their stats! Klefklingklang I choose you!

Carbink is pretty lame.

And I'm honestly really surprised it took until page 4 before someone mentioned Flabébé. I got enough of those lame fairy-aphids in Wonder Trade to never want to leave the house in the springtime again.

Most of the rest of them I liked.
Old March 5th, 2014 (08:35 AM).
michaelm9945

Diggersby. I didn't really like it
Old March 5th, 2014 (08:51 AM).
Sceptile14

Aromatisse. In my opinion, that thing is ugly as hell

Friend safari: Fire type

Charmeleon Flechinder ??? (If you know please tell me)

My youtube(not much here):
http://www.youtube.com/channel/UC3c2c8xExPrjG-mTdbao_Yw
Old March 5th, 2014 (09:05 AM).
Sceptile14

Quote:
Originally Posted by James View Post
Klefki, it has to be Klefki. Absolutely no thought into that pokemon at all. Someone was like "We need more pokemon!!!" and one of the designers just looked down and saw his car keys. Ugh that one drives me nuts.
It really annoys me when people make comments like these, saying that the designs are uninspired... Just because they are based off of inanimate objects, doesn't mean that some thought was put into it. If I remember correctly, Klefki is based on some kind of myth or legend, explaining why it is fairy type, and showing at least some thought went into its design. When we are talking about bad designs, there really isn't any. You may not like it, but other people do, making it good to them. No design is actually overall bad, or overall, good.

Friend safari: Fire type

Charmeleon Flechinder ??? (If you know please tell me)

My youtube(not much here):
http://www.youtube.com/channel/UC3c2c8xExPrjG-mTdbao_Yw
Old March 5th, 2014 (09:29 AM).
Timbjerr
Visionary Aqua Leader
Community Supporter

Nature: Timid
I still maintain that there are no bad pokémon designs, just people who set their expectations too high

If you're asking which one I personally like the least though, that would probably go to Dedenne. I know that these electric rodents appeal to a lot of people, but I'm not one of them. >_>
The sea is an irreplaceable treasure for every living thing on this planet. But with our selfish extravagance, humanity dirties the great ocean, destroying this source of all life... Day by day, we're all destroying our most precious resource! If we humans suffer from our actions, well, maybe we'll end up getting what we deserve. But what about the Pokémon in our world? The Pokémon that no longer have a place to live because we stole and soiled their seas? The Pokémon that won't have a place to raise their young and watch them grow? We are creating a world in which innocent Pokémon suffer as a result of our actions... And that is something that I can't forgive! That's why I came to a decision, see? The foolish actions of my fellow humans, the seas we have blighted, nature itself... I will return everything to its unspoiled beginnings!
Old March 6th, 2014 (02:28 AM).
Rauzo
Daddy Fat Sax

Nature: Calm
If pressed for an answer, it would have to be Binacle. I get the design and all but it just doesn't appeal to me, probably because I can't see how it would move. I need to imagine it running after angry trainers on its hands and the ensuing Benny Hill chase that follows for it to work :/
Old March 6th, 2014 (04:10 AM).
Sabrewulf238

Nature: Jolly
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rauzo View Post
If pressed for an answer, it would have to be Binacle. I get the design and all but it just doesn't appeal to me, probably because I can't see how it would move. I need to imagine it running after angry trainers on its hands and the ensuing Benny Hill chase that follows for it to work :/
Well barnacles aren't known for being very mobile. They probably act like turrets in battle, can't move but just fire off attacks at the enemy. (After all, nobody questions how pokemon like Metapod or Cascoon move)

They're also not supposed to be pretty, I think they're based off goose barnacles.

I think that's what makes me appreciate the Binacle line, understanding that being ugly is the point, being strange is the point. You're not going to walk down to your local pet shop and pick up a barnacle.
Old March 6th, 2014 (11:08 AM).
Anuya
Hoenn's Elite Four pretender

Nature: Docile
Malamar is very very ugly omfg...
Old March 7th, 2014 (01:59 PM). Edited March 7th, 2014 by Lita_Chan.
Lita_Chan

Nature: Naughty
Trevenant, just noooo! Especially since it ALWAYS breaks my shiny chain!
Old March 8th, 2014 (05:21 AM).
soreninja
Dat Tongue Scarf tho...

Nature: Hasty
Aromatisse, gosh! That pokemon looks creepy! Especially when she does her pose... Uhhh

You must edit it to meet the limits set by the rules before you may remove the [sig-reason] code from your signature. Removing this tag will re-enable it.

Do not remove the tag until you fix the issues in your signature. You may be infracted for removing this tag if you do not fix the specified issues. Do not use this tag for decoration purposes.
Old March 8th, 2014 (07:57 AM).
Whitney's Shaymin
Creator Of Pokemon Grace
Community Supporter

To all those talking bout Diggersby, pray shofu doesn't find this thread...

Back to topic, my least favorite has to be Diggersby i guess nobody.

"The Incredibly Pretty Girl"

Gym Leader Whitney
link | link | link

FC: 4699-7156-4669 IGN: Gavin
Old March 8th, 2014 (08:13 AM).
soreninja
Dat Tongue Scarf tho...

Nature: Hasty
Quote:
Originally Posted by Whitney's Shaymin View Post
To all those talking bout Diggersby, pray shofu doesn't find this thread...

Back to topic, my least favorite has to be Diggersby i guess nobody.
Shofu's gonna kill us! lol, diggersby is weird man

You must edit it to meet the limits set by the rules before you may remove the [sig-reason] code from your signature. Removing this tag will re-enable it.

Do not remove the tag until you fix the issues in your signature. You may be infracted for removing this tag if you do not fix the specified issues. Do not use this tag for decoration purposes.
Old March 8th, 2014 (09:10 AM).
Masterge77
Jacen The Robot Floatzel

Nature: Serious
Let me tell you guys a story about one Pokemon from Gen 6 I don't like: There once was an ugly Barbaracle, he was so ugly that everyone died, the end! I remember when Biancle leaked and I actually hoped it was fake, because it's probably even uglier than Garbodor (which I think looks ugly intentionally), and it's evolution is no better...

Probably just as bad is Bunnelby and Diggersby; is it just me or are the regional rodents getting uglier with each generation? Granted I kind of like Watchog, but it's like they are trying to make Pokemon just to be hated, starting with Bidoof and continuing with Patrat and Bunnelby.

Not ugly, but probably one of my least favorite Pokemon of Gen 6 is Dedenne, another electric rodent that doesn't evolve and basically only exists to sell plush toys and nothing more. That's the reason for most of the electric rodents even existing is just to sell plush toys; they don't evolve, their stats aren't that great, and they don't really learn any good moves, they just exist to capitalize on Pikachu's popularity and to sell plush toys, when in reality they're nothing more than a waste of space in the Pokedex. If you're going to capitalize on Pikachu's success, why not use Pichu and Raichu than just make a completely new Pokemon?

One Pokemon I don't hate but has a design that bothers me is Braixen. Did it really have to be a bipedal fox, because I would probably like it more if it was quadruped. Delphox is fine as a biped, but Braixen not so much, to the point where it's more or less what I like to call the Lucario of Gen 6: Bipedal canid, very popular with a large portion of the fandom (furries especially), and is seen almost everywhere. Actually, the Fennekin family in general bothers me in the fact that it's a fire type fox Pokemon, and it's like they think Vulpix and Ninetales aren't good enough (and the fire kitsunes from Gen 1 are among my favorite Pokemon of all time), so call me a bit jealous.

The Owner of Sea Weasels, the club for Buizel and Floatzel fans!
Old March 8th, 2014 (04:19 PM).
Pokemanz
POKEMANZZZ

Nature: Brave
I hate every new fairy type pokemon (too girly for me) :l
Old March 11th, 2014 (10:48 AM).
Elements1
Meh

I really didn't like Furfrou, the only reason he's in is too fit with the French theme. I mean yeah he needs to be included but I still don't like him.

water, earth!

Completed National Pokedex: 2/20/14 Dusknoir Finial Entry
3DS FC:1263-7361-4137
Old March 11th, 2014 (06:39 PM).
Jack
ego
Community Supporter Tier 2

im surprised no one is irritated by the fact that a pokemon was based off a keychain of keys..

Pokemon X/Y FC: 2380-4409-6283

Trade Reviews: http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=321271
Old March 11th, 2014 (06:59 PM).
Elements1
Meh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack View Post
im surprised no one is irritated by the fact that a pokemon was based off a keychain of keys..
Well it seems someone does

Quote:

water, earth!

Completed National Pokedex: 2/20/14 Dusknoir Finial Entry
3DS FC:1263-7361-4137
Old March 12th, 2014 (12:35 AM).
mangamusicfan
The Lost one.
Community Supporter Tier 5

Nature: Relaxed
Aromatisse yust blarghh. Don't Like the design

Timeghoul is absolute Awesomnes!
Old March 12th, 2014 (05:29 AM).
Disraeli

Strepoli and Ottaro (Are they written right?). I know they are actually from Black and White, but I did not play those two so actually they were new for me. :-D
Old March 12th, 2014 (11:23 AM).
Belldandy
ღ Cammybear ღ
Community Supporter

Diggersby and Binacle. Bunnelby was so adorable! Why can't be have nice things?

Binacle is just plane ugly and unnecessary.

FC: 4699-7283-5972; IGN: Irène, Etoile; Trade Shop Trade Reviews
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links