Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Entertainment & Hobbies > Video Games
Reload this Page DCC VG Daily Chit-Chat

Notices
For all updates, view the main page.

Video Games For all of your gaming needs! From console gaming to Let's Plays, this area encompasses all things relevant to gaming and gamers.

Old July 7th, 2014 (12:06 AM).
A Scene In Between

Quote originally posted by Spinosaurus:
Also, F-Zero GX. The game is just begging for it. You mention this game and someone will bound to ask for a port.
Personally, I'd love that! Huge F-Zero fan here, and to me, it feels just sort of ridiculous for them to drop such a great series like this. Sure, not much people are into it, but I'm sure they would have been if they had ever given it more of an actual chance. Before GX, though, I would live to see a port or remake for X; this'd be a nice way to pick F-Zero back up, if they ever plan to.
Old July 7th, 2014 (12:44 AM).
I like kitties
Silver Tier

Nature: Lax
Hyrule Warriors is making me drool at the idea of an HD Twilight Princess. That game needs the graphics bump, and I can see them removing the loading screens between areas and making it one seamless world. Not to mention that its the best Zelda, and I need a new excuse to replay it. Again.

#328 Trapinch
Supporter Collab January 2015
Doctor Who Fan Club

Old July 7th, 2014 (12:50 AM).
A Scene In Between

Quote originally posted by Evil Stud Muffin:
Hyrule Warriors is making me drool at the idea of an HD Twilight Princess. That game needs the graphics bump, and I can see them removing the loading screens between areas and making it one seamless world. Not to mention that its the best Zelda, and I need a new excuse to replay it. Again.
If they were to create an HD remake for that, I hope to see more of a vibrant color scheme, if possible. Dark is great and suits the theme pretty well, but at least they could give us an option to switch around, for those that aren't too fond of it.
Old July 7th, 2014 (01:03 AM).
the darkest dungeon
Super ModeratorCS

Quote originally posted by machomuu:
Yeah, but in those cases they're basically just ports. So if you have a PS4 and not a PS3 or an Xbone and not a 360, you can still play them since the systems aren't backwards compatible. Plus GTAV is getting PC release because of it, which is nice.

Though...that is something to note. A lot of times, HD remakes aren't remakes at all. They still have the same flaws the original games did, and it's rare that aesthetically you'll see an HD remake on the level of Halo HD (where they actually redid the games' graphics from scratch). In a lot of cases, HD Port is more accurate. Sometimes you'd get a similar, if not better effect from upscaling on an emulator.
It makes sense monetarily. The games will sell thousands more instead of being stagnant.

It doesn't make sense to me as a gamer, I guess. To me, it feels cheap and like they're just trying to cash in on it. As long as the trend doesn't continue beyond a select few great titles like GTAV, I won't be upset over it. This sort of crap occurs in the movie industry, such as Avatar being re-released a year or two after it was originally out. Once again, I don't even mind remastering or remakes, but they need to be classics like the Disney animated films or iconic games like Halo. They need to make the value worth it, not just slap a full-price on it and know it's gonna sell anyway.
Old July 7th, 2014 (01:16 AM).
I like kitties
Silver Tier

Quote originally posted by Endless:
If they were to create an HD remake for that, I hope to see more of a vibrant color scheme, if possible. Dark is great and suits the theme pretty well, but at least they could give us an option to switch around, for those that aren't too fond of it.
Huh? I have a fair share of issues with the graphics, but vibrant colors are not one of them. The game has a fair share of them. Saturation levels don't need to be changed, it would ruin it for me.

#328 Trapinch
Doctor Who Fan Club

Old July 7th, 2014 (01:27 AM).
A Scene In Between

Huh? I have a fair share of issues with the graphics, but vibrant colors are not one of them. The game has a fair share of them. Saturation levels don't need to be changed, it would ruin it for me.
That's why I want there to be an option to possibly change between styles, haha. I don't know, for my tastes, I suppose Twilight Princess graphics were just a little too dim.
Old July 7th, 2014 (05:15 AM).
I'M ALL FIRED UP
ModeratorBS

Nature: Modest
Send a message via Skype™ to Altairis
No, I get what you're saying. Sometimes the darker colors all blended together (at least on my tv) so things (especially those in the distance) looked like blobs. However, for me it wasn't that huge of a deal so if they made a remake I'd rather them leave it untouched as even the distant blobs contributed nicely to the atmosphere
Old July 7th, 2014 (08:39 AM).
I like kitties
Silver Tier

So, apparently tourists love dumping games during the holidays. In the course of two days I have bought for under 20 euros:
Warioware Touched
Trauma Center UTK
Another Code
Kirby Canvas Touch
Picross 3D
Radiata History or whatever the hell its called.

#328 Trapinch
Doctor Who Fan Club

Old July 7th, 2014 (10:12 AM).
On our backs and in our hearts!

Nature: Relaxed
So, apparently tourists love dumping games during the holidays. In the course of two days I have bought for under 20 euros:
Warioware Touched
Trauma Center UTK
Another Code
Kirby Canvas Touch
Picross 3D
Radiata History or whatever the hell its called.
Wow, Radiant Historia for under 20 Euros even with other games? That's an incredible find.
Old July 7th, 2014 (04:28 PM).
Guide of Darkness
Gold Tier

Nature: Quiet
Maybe. Okami was more saturated when it hit the Wii
Old July 7th, 2014 (04:58 PM).
CoquettishCat
Crystal Tier

I can't imagine them offering two separate color schemes for the game - they picked the colors for a reason, right?

Theme * Pair * VM * PM

Not all men...

Are all men stupid?

That's right.

Old July 7th, 2014 (06:06 PM).
Guide of Darkness
Gold Tier

Quote originally posted by Oryx:
I can't imagine them offering two separate color schemes for the game - they picked the colors for a reason, right?
I prefer it how it is already. I think it's plenty colourful at times, when it needs to be.

But people seem to complain about it being brown and CoD-like
Old July 7th, 2014 (06:23 PM).
KYON-KUN, DENWA
ModeratorCS

Wasn't last gen all about bloom and brown, though, haha?

KYON-KUN, DENWA
Old July 7th, 2014 (10:54 PM).
I like kitties
Silver Tier

Quote originally posted by TRIFORCE89:
I prefer it how it is already. I think it's plenty colourful at times, when it needs to be.

But people seem to complain about it being brown and CoD-like
Exactly. The poison fog of Faron Woods, the blue skies, the amazing lava of the mines, god I can go on and on. Only thing it really needs is a better grass texture and its perfect.

Quote originally posted by machomuu:
Wow, Radiant Historia for under 20 Euros even with other games? That's an incredible find.
I didn't even know of the mark up it had in collector circles until yesterday. Bought it just with knowledge of it being a good game, and that's it. And yeah, anything DS, Wii, or PS2 is dirt cheap, and you can find just about anything in the used game section. PS3 and PC are the only ones which have value here, as the used game market is limited to one mega chain store for electronics. Over the last months the stuff I've picked up are:
Wario Land: Shake Dimension!
Mad World
No More Heroes
Dragon Quest V
Final Fantasy 4
Zak and Wiki
RE4: Wii Edition
Kirby Super Star Ultra
Kirby Mass Attack
Pandora's Tower

As you can see, I've been od'ing on kirby. :D

#328 Trapinch
Doctor Who Fan Club

Old July 8th, 2014 (01:15 PM).
Seeker of FRIEND CODES

Nature: Lonely
I beat Luigi's Mansion today. That last 3 bosses are really interesting and different... but very annoying to repeat when you loose.

Still, one of the better games on 3DS.
Old July 8th, 2014 (01:48 PM). Edited July 8th, 2014 by Freezer.
Enter the heat of battle, go for it!

Quote originally posted by SnowpointQuincy:
I beat Luigi's Mansion today. That last 3 bosses are really interesting and different... but very annoying to repeat when you loose.

Still, one of the better games on 3DS.
It's a bit bloated and definitely could use more polish, but I agree. It's only behind Kid Icarus and A Link Between Worlds for me.

Though I'm not sure how Luigi's Mansion on the GCN, which was rushed, offered a tighter experience than 2 did, which had a development time of a whooping 3 years. But whatever, LM1 was really repetitive with its objectives and didn't offer as strong of a level design as 2 did.

Can't wait to see what Next Level Games are gonna offer next. Between Mario Strikers and Punch Out (their best game), they're a very talented studio for Nintendo. Give them Wario Land!
Old July 8th, 2014 (02:02 PM).
Seeker of FRIEND CODES

I also loved Kid Icarus Uprising. Hope I don't have to wait another 25 years for another...

Luigi's Mansion 2 also fixed the element system. The original had this wierd system of collecting fire and water to solve puzzles. in LM2, you just vacuum a bucket and fill it with water, or a log and set it on fire. A small change, but it makes the idea feel more complete.

I thought the mission system was a bad idea at first, and then Changed my mind near the end. The mission system made the game better.

I, for a brief moment, was hoping Mario would tag-team The final Boss with me - it seems kind of strange that they would reuse the same idea from the first game, but not reveal it until the last couple of levels.
Old July 8th, 2014 (02:56 PM).
A Scene In Between

I find Kid Icarus: Uprising to be very addictive; have finished it for about three different times so far. Would love it if they were to ever release a sequel!
Old July 8th, 2014 (02:57 PM).
Guide of Darkness
Gold Tier

Quote originally posted by SnowpointQuincy:
Luigi's Mansion 2 also fixed the element system. The original had this wierd system of collecting fire and water to solve puzzles. in LM2, you just vacuum a bucket and fill it with water, or a log and set it on fire. A small change, but it makes the idea feel more complete.
Hmm... I dunno. The way it was in the first game made it feel more like a power-up to me, which I liked.
Old July 8th, 2014 (03:08 PM).
On our backs and in our hearts!

Quote originally posted by Endless:
I find Kid Icarus: Uprising to be very addictive; have finished it for about three different times so far. Would love it if they were to ever release a sequel!
Yeah, KI:U is great. It was my first 3DS game back when it was a struggling system, and I remember Kid Icarus being the light that showed potential for what would be the great modern day 3DS and the evergrowing library that it has. And, for being one of the earliest 3DS titles, it was really unique and was very smart with its delivery (and hilarious), easily still one of my favorite 3DS games.

As for a sequel, Sakurai said that it's unlikely. It's not that it did badly, it did well, but it's because the game, by nature, is the sort of one-off modern callback title that it wanted to be. It brought back all of the NES enemies and made metajokes both about the game now and the game back then, and it had a very self-contained story that opened and closed the book. And I really don't mind that, because it's a fantastic game that really does stand well on its own.
Old July 8th, 2014 (03:14 PM).
Enter the heat of battle, go for it!

Helps that the game is just really deep and offers so much content. Two years and I'm still playing it.

I'm OK with not getting a sequel as well.

Twitter - Tumblr
Old July 8th, 2014 (07:26 PM).
Seeker of FRIEND CODES

On Kid Icarus.... Do you play with the plastic stand that comes with the game or not?

I have never played the game without it, have trouble controlling it with just my hands.
Old July 8th, 2014 (07:55 PM).
the darkest dungeon
Super ModeratorCS

I need to pick up Kid Icarus. I dunno if I can find it in many places, but it was something I wanted to get for the 3DS and unfortunately was too late to get while most shops sold it. I think Amazon was sold out last I checked.
Old July 9th, 2014 (02:57 AM).
Guide of Darkness
Gold Tier

I'm really on the fence if I ever want to play KI:U or not
Old July 9th, 2014 (05:03 AM).
Seeker of FRIEND CODES

Quote originally posted by TRIFORCE89:
I'm really on the fence if I ever want to play KI:U or not
The best thing I can say about KI:U - Each level has Air and ground sections keeps the gameplay interesting. And... The Difficultly can be increased on EVERY level from 1.1 to 9.0 - Yes you can scale up the difficulty by decimal points to find a level of challenge you like most. Higher Difficulty yields better and more rewards.

Sponsored Links

You may also like.. (Beta)