Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Entertainment & Hobbies > Video Games
Reload this Page
DCC
VG Daily Chit-Chat

Notices
For all updates, view the main page.

Video Games For all of your gaming needs! From console gaming to Let's Plays, this area encompasses all things relevant to gaming and gamers.

Old July 15th, 2014 (09:56 AM).
fluffy Flaaffy
Silver Tier

Nature: Jolly
I want the new Pikmin game, but used it's still $50 here and that isn't in my range for a used game. I was lucky enough to get a Super Mario Wii-U bundle when I nabbed Mario Kart

credit
Old July 15th, 2014 (10:06 AM).
CoquettishCat
Crystal Tier

Nature: Relaxed
Quote originally posted by Satoshi Ookami:
Not sure if you are doing a right thing... Imo Wii U isn't a console worth purchase...
Plus apparently it won't support Unreal Engine 4 so you might miss some new games.
I don't understand your post. Because you don't think the Wii U is personally worth it to you, I'm not making the "right" choice?

I know it's the right choice for me, because I love Nintendo games more than any other by far, I'm just sad that the Nintendo games I'm excited for aren't out yet. I'm planning on getting probably Wind Waker and Mario Kart to start with, and then building from there now that I have a steady paycheck so I can afford games.

Theme * Pair * VM * PM

Not all men...

Are all men stupid?

That's right.

Old July 15th, 2014 (10:13 AM).
Spectre Agent
Crystal Tier

Nature: Serious
When it comes to the Xbox One (I absolutely refuse to call it by its derogatory nickname), Wii U, and PS4, I know my plans for when I get them. I am planning to buy myself a Xbox One sometime next year. As for Wii U, sometime after getting my Xbox One. Now for PS4, not until years after I have both the Xbox One and Wii U. Course certain games I am interested for them are not out yet, but I would need the right system for them first.

OSO STRONG
Old July 15th, 2014 (11:11 AM).
Muncher

Nature: Bold
Quote originally posted by Judge Mandolore Shepard:
When it comes to the Xbox One (I absolutely refuse to call it by its derogatory nickname), Wii U, and PS4, I know my plans for when I get them. I am planning to buy myself a Xbox One sometime next year. As for Wii U, sometime after getting my Xbox One. Now for PS4, not until years after I have both the Xbox One and Wii U. Course certain games I am interested for them are not out yet, but I would need the right system for them first.
I also plan out which consoles and games I want to buy and when. I don't know why, but it makes me seem more organised and it feels nicer, instead of randomly buying games which I don't have time for.
Old July 15th, 2014 (11:25 AM).
Pierce the sky escape your fate, the more you try the more you'll just breed hate

Send a message via Skype™ to Quilva
Except for that one time where i got bribed into buying HG, i usually just buy games i came to buy.
Old July 15th, 2014 (11:30 AM).
Grant me the power of revolution!
Gold Tier

Quote originally posted by Judge Mandolore Shepard:
When it comes to the Xbox One (I absolutely refuse to call it by its derogatory nickname)
Xbox -> 360 -> Xbone

It's just a nickname. Way faster than calling it Xbox One.
Old July 15th, 2014 (11:33 AM).
Pierce the sky escape your fate, the more you try the more you'll just breed hate

Send a message via Skype™ to Quilva
I think Xbox One sounds better, i guess i'm just used to it (first time i heard Xbone really)
Old July 15th, 2014 (11:44 AM).
Monkeyin' around
Super Moderator
CS

Sorry, but right now is the PERFECT time to get a Wii U. If the price point is too high for you still, Nintendo sells refurbished ones on their website for $200. I have a refurbished one and it is fantastic. Works great and not a single scratch on it. It also comes with a copy of NintendoLand (new).

You should get a Wii U now because the Mario Kart 8 promotion will end on July 31. With the purchase of Mario Kart 8, you get a free game download of Legend of Zelda: Wind Waker HD, Pikmin 3, or a couple other choices.

The Wii U has great titles already out for it now. I took advantage of the Mario Kart 8 promotion, but also scored ZombiU off Amazon for $13. It's fantastic, despite some flaws. I'm really enjoying that one, especially when panic sets in as a horde of zombies approaches. Very entertaining. Obviously Mario Kart 8 is great and especially when you can play online with friends or fellow PC members.

No offense to those that like their Xbox Ones or PS4s, but the Wii U is where it's at right now. I'm 100% satisfied with mine and have not regretted the purchase once, aside from wishing I had a PC to play games on as well. :) I know people will fanboy over their respective consoles, but the Wii U has revitalized my love for Nintendo, whereas I felt the Wii was weaker and became my secondary console to the Xbox 360.

Seriously though, if you're worried about price, jump on the refurbished ones. They're guaranteed to work and have the same warranty a new console would have from Nintendo. I am thrilled for the lineup of games approaching in the coming months and next year for the Wii U and definitely feel like the console will earn back its worth with enjoyment.

OUTBREAK | YOUTUBE | SMOD OF VG | ALLI | STARVIN'
Old July 15th, 2014 (11:58 AM).
Muncher

Nature: Bold
Quote originally posted by Klippy:
Sorry, but right now is the PERFECT time to get a Wii U. If the price point is too high for you still, Nintendo sells refurbished ones on their website for $200. I have a refurbished one and it is fantastic. Works great and not a single scratch on it. It also comes with a copy of NintendoLand (new).

You should get a Wii U now because the Mario Kart 8 promotion will end on July 31. With the purchase of Mario Kart 8, you get a free game download of Legend of Zelda: Wind Waker HD, Pikmin 3, or a couple other choices.

The Wii U has great titles already out for it now. I took advantage of the Mario Kart 8 promotion, but also scored ZombiU off Amazon for $13. It's fantastic, despite some flaws. I'm really enjoying that one, especially when panic sets in as a horde of zombies approaches. Very entertaining. Obviously Mario Kart 8 is great and especially when you can play online with friends or fellow PC members.
I wish I had enough money to buy another Wii U just so that I get all of those amazing offers ...
Old July 15th, 2014 (12:05 PM).
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Silver Tier

Nature: Timid
Considering I don't play any kind of platformers and Zelda doesn't appeal to me, there's not much for me to enjoy on the Wii U right now. Whereas the other consoles have games that I worship (Dark Souls II <3)
Old July 15th, 2014 (12:07 PM).
Gold Tier

Quote originally posted by Nathan:
Considering I don't play any kind of platformers and Zelda doesn't appeal to me, there's not much for me to enjoy on the Wii U right now. Whereas the other consoles have games that I worship (Dark Souls II <3)
Dark Souls 2 isn't on the PS4 or Xbone, though.

And Platformers aren't even the biggest selling point of the Wii U at the moment. Zelda, either.
Old July 15th, 2014 (12:09 PM). Edited July 15th, 2014 by Spinosaurus.
I fell down some stairs

Yeah the Wii U is the best gaming device to get right now.

Even the 3DS doesn't have much except Smash, but the Wii U has the better version of it anyway. All the Vita is getting is games catering to those...weird otakus.

Though Master Chief collection is tempting me to get an XBone. 60fps Halo 1-3? YES PLEASE
Helps that it's looking to have other great games. I'm only interested in Uncharted 4 for the PS4.
Old July 15th, 2014 (12:10 PM).
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Silver Tier

Nature: Timid
Quote originally posted by machomuu:
Dark Souls 2 isn't on the PS4 or Xbone, though.

And Platformers aren't even the biggest selling point of the Wii U at the moment. Zelda, either.
I know, that's why I said other consoles :p

I know, but that's mainly what Nintendo makes and a lot of Wii U games are first party which was kinda why the console was stalling in its first days. Imo that is.
Old July 15th, 2014 (12:13 PM).
Gold Tier

Quote originally posted by Nathan:
I know, that's why I said other consoles :p

I know, but that's mainly what Nintendo makes and a lot of Wii U games are first party which was kinda why the console was stalling in its first days. Imo that is.
When you said "Other Consoles", I assumed you were referring to other consoles of its generation (Xbone and PS4).

But the Xbone and PS4 have been stalling since launch as well. Exclusive-wise they're no much to scream about and I certainly wouldn't recommend that someone on the fence about either of the two get them, because they won't really have much to play and they cost quite a bit of dough.
Old July 15th, 2014 (12:14 PM).

Well, I certainly have a lot to pick from now, don't I? Thanks everyone.
X/Y Player Outfit Contest
Old July 15th, 2014 (03:54 PM).
Guide of Darkness
Gold Tier

Nature: Quiet
Wii U is completely worth it. It's first-party heavy yeah, but that's how Nintendo's console always are. Increasingly so. If you like any Nintendo franchise, honestly their best incarnation is on the Wii U right now.
Old July 15th, 2014 (04:44 PM).
I'M AN ANGRY SCIENTIST!!
Super Moderator

Nature: Jolly
Send a message via AIM to bobandbill
Got to agree that with the promotion of MK8 and a free download it's certainly not a bad time to get a Wii U. I did so myself. =p
Quote originally posted by Spinosaurus:
Yeah the Wii U is the best gaming device to get right now.

Even the 3DS doesn't have much except Smash, but the Wii U has the better version of it anyway. All the Vita is getting is games catering to those...weird otakus.

Though Master Chief collection is tempting me to get an XBone. 60fps Halo 1-3? YES PLEASE
Helps that it's looking to have other great games. I'm only interested in Uncharted 4 for the PS4.
Gotta disagree that you say the 3ds doesn't have much - I think otherwise, it has too many game for me to have all the ones I'm interested in in fact.
Old July 15th, 2014 (04:50 PM).
Gold Tier

Quote originally posted by bobandbill:
Gotta disagree that you say the 3ds doesn't have much - I think otherwise, it has too many game for me to have all the ones I'm interested in in fact.
Same here. I just watched E3 with tears streaming, all the while thinking, "I don't need this. I shouldn't be watching this." The 3DS is going to be the bane of my wallet's existence, I swear.
Old July 15th, 2014 (04:54 PM). Edited July 15th, 2014 by Klippy.
Monkeyin' around
Super Moderator
CS

To me, Nintendo has THE consoles that are great to have right now. See above for my reasoning behind the Wii U, but the 3DS has a fantastic lineup as well.

I bought my 3DS for the sole purpose of playing Animal Crossing: New Leaf. I was encouraged to buy Fire Emblem: Awakening, which after burning out on Animal Crossing some, I played to death because that game is pure joy. I've also got Mario Tennis Open, Pokemon X, and Super Mario 3D Land. I've spent a good deal of time on all the games I own for the 3DS and have had my 3DS for awhile now. I'm not tired of it still. It's great for some really long-term fun games. I also have Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time, but I've yet to play that one (been too busy with my Wii U). :)

I will say (just to refer to the Xbone/PS4)...there are a FEW games on both systems that I want to play. Dead Rising 3 looks like another neat game in that franchise (I bought my Xbox 360 after seeing the original Dead Rising - it's one of my all-time favorite games). I'm sure each will come into their own before long, but I just see no logical reason to buy either currently when their lineups are very weak. Perhaps by Black Friday/Christmas-time, they'll be of better value (to me). For those that enjoy/like their systems, congrats and glad you're at least gaming.

All I know is...I really, really wanna game on a PC, but I still need to build one. :)

Old July 15th, 2014 (04:58 PM).
CoquettishCat
Crystal Tier

Sold. I was going to wait one more paycheck and get it early August but with the refurb discount and a free game? I'll get one on my paycheck on Friday :)

Theme * Pair * VM * PM

Not all men...

Are all men stupid?

That's right.

Old July 15th, 2014 (05:04 PM).
Monkeyin' around
Super Moderator
CS

Quote originally posted by Oryx:
Sold. I was going to wait one more paycheck and get it early August but with the refurb discount and a free game? I'll get one on my paycheck on Friday :)
That's what I'm talkin' about! :D

Old July 15th, 2014 (05:05 PM).
CoquettishCat
Crystal Tier

Oh, I actually...don't have a TV right now. I read online that that's not an issue for most games though? I'll get it eventually but it's two hours away and tolls and I don't feel like making that drive again x_x

Theme * Pair * VM * PM

Not all men...

Are all men stupid?

That's right.

Old July 15th, 2014 (05:06 PM).
Gold Tier

Oh, I actually...don't have a TV right now. I read online that that's not an issue for most games though? I'll get it eventually but it's two hours away and tolls and I don't feel like making that drive again x_x
Not at all, the majority of games make use of the gamepad to the point where you can use it exclusively.

Be careful, though, as some use them in conjunction with each other. What games are you planning on getting, initially?
Old July 15th, 2014 (05:06 PM).
Monkeyin' around
Super Moderator
CS

Not sure on most games, since I only own a few. Mario Kart can be played on the GamePad exclusively. No TV needed. ZombiU, not sure on. NintendoLand can be played on the GamePad alone for solo games, as far as I know.

Old July 15th, 2014 (05:09 PM).
CoquettishCat
Crystal Tier

Quote originally posted by machomuu:
Not at all, the majority of games make use of the gamepad to the point where you can use it exclusively.

Be careful, though, as some use them in conjunction with each other. What games are you planning on getting, initially?
Not sure on most games, since I only own a few. Mario Kart can be played on the GamePad exclusively. No TV needed. ZombiU, not sure on. NintendoLand can be played on the GamePad alone for solo games, as far as I know.
Just Mario Kart and Wind Waker to start. Then Pikmin 3 next paycheck, then...idk!

Theme * Pair * VM * PM

Not all men...

Are all men stupid?

That's right.

Quick Reply

Sponsored Links