Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Current Generation Pokémon Gaming > Pokémon X & Pokémon Y
Reload this Page Have You Completed The X&Y National Pokedex?

Notices
For all updates, view the main page.

Pokémon X & Pokémon Y The Kalos region awaits! Explore a new world, capture new Pokémon, and fight off Team Flare in one of the newer installments of the core Pokémon series.

View Poll Results: Have you completed the National Pokedex?
Yes! 53 43.09%
No... 63 51.22%
I am very close! (less than 20) 7 5.69%
Voters: 123. You may not vote on this poll

Old February 12th, 2014 (08:11 PM).
Raven

Nature: Lonely
Quote originally posted by DynamicD:
*sigh* 503. Well, I haven't really tried to finish it, I just found most of these.
Question, do the Pokemon need to be caught or just registered to the Dex?
They just have to be seen to satisfy Professor Sycamore, however have to be in or have been in your possession (caught/traded) to satisfy the Game Director.

As of Feb 20th: 1500 Wins/264 losses, 85% Win Rate.
As of Feb 25th (2nd Playthrough): 150 Wins/0 losses, Undefeated, Challengers Beware!
Old February 12th, 2014 (09:33 PM).

Nature: Relaxed
I'm at 632 currently.. kind of just need to get the legendaries at this point. I'm getting there

--Normal Safari--
Aipom -- Loudred -- Smeargle

If you add me, PM so that I may do the same
Old February 12th, 2014 (10:47 PM).
The Harbinger of Solitude
Platinum Tier

Nature: Modest
I've finally done it, with a major help from a friend who I met in PokeMMO.

Spoiler:

Old February 12th, 2014 (10:54 PM).
Seeker of FRIEND CODES

Should I really Bother Banking all 649 Pokemon from BW2?

Would it be more fun to catch them all again in XY, or should I not even attempt to complete the Dex? I already did that once in BW2, and it took quite a while.
Old February 12th, 2014 (11:59 PM).

Yep all done with the pokedex all 718 of them, every individual Pokemon placed in the boxes in numerical order
Old February 13th, 2014 (12:33 AM).

Quote originally posted by sorrowdemonica:
You can complete the Kalos dex no problem on your own with just X&Y, but in order to complete the National dex, you'll also need to use the GTS and hopefully be able to grab the previous gen (non-X&Y available/Pokemon Bank exclusive) Pokemon and legendaries or trade with others.

But if you owned B/W or B/W 2, it would make it the process easier/faster to get what is missing from X&Y
Quote originally posted by scprepschool:
Also you gotta know what your facing in the gts, ALOTT OF CLONES. AN ARMY OF CLONES. So let's say you trade a xerneas or articuno and get a shiny lvl 100 thundurus, don't hold on to it, it isn't worth it, the guy probably cloned a box of them for traid bait, so you put that on the gets asking for something like rayquaza in return. Should have your rayquaza that very same day, now you have good trading material just start at gen 2 get Lucia and hooh. It maybe harder now that bank is released but when the bank released in japan I had most of the legends the next day doing this but as for new and celebi ( while they won't be needed to get the shiny charm ) you won't find them on the gts unfortunately
Thank you both for the insights. I'll target the Kalos Dex first and then see if B/W, B2/W2 are an absolute essential. Been doing some good Passerby trades and registering them for later trades.

I really don't mind a cloned legendary as I won't be holding on to it. Will try to catch a Shiny Ditto to use as bait in the first place.

Mission Pokedex: 412
Any help will be highly appreciated! And one day, you can call in the favor!

Mission Team Eevee: Trying to hatch Shiny Eevees. One for each Eeveelution
Eggs Hatched: 0
Shiny Eevee: 0
Old February 13th, 2014 (12:46 AM).
Raven

Quote originally posted by kirxan:
Thank you both for the insights. I'll target the Kalos Dex first and then see if B/W, B2/W2 are an absolute essential. Been doing some good Passerby trades and registering them for later trades.

I really don't mind a cloned legendary as I won't be holding on to it. Will try to catch a Shiny Ditto to use as bait in the first place.

But yes if you ever do get any previous gen legendaries, it's really easy to chain trade for dex entries. i.e. Reshiram for Zekrom, Zekrom for Kyurem, Kyurem for Ho-Oh, Ho-Oh for Lugia, etc etc.

That's how I got all my dex entries for my legendaries prior to Pokemon Bank's Release.

Then if you camp GTS sometimes, just keep refreshing the listings on some Legendaries. sometimes you'll find cloners who are listing their clones to complete their dex.. so you'll find a Reshiram for a Bunnelby or Zekrom asking for a Bidoof, or something regular and random.. I've scored a few legendaries that way, and then that helped expand my collection and gave me chain-trade fodder.

As of Feb 25th (2nd Playthrough): 150 Wins/0 losses, Undefeated, Challengers Beware!
Old February 13th, 2014 (01:19 AM).
Alluring Illusion

I have ALOT left to complete the Pokedex and it will take a very long time. I have a list though to help me cross out the ones I now have. :\

Trainer Data:
Full Name: Mithel "Myth" Celestia
Hometown: Lacunosa Town
Trainer class: Ranger, Psychic, Deceiver*
Specializes in: Dark, Psychic-Types

*Deceiver (Japanese: 奇術師 Illusionist) is a type of trainer class who specializes in Illusions and deceptive tactics to take advantage of their opponents. They are tricksters and tend to disguise themselves as another trainer class to deceive challenging trainers, but soon break off of it as soon as they are found. They tend to use annoyer and stall tactics such as Embargo and Swagger along with bulky and fast Dark-types like Zoroark and Umbreon to give trainers a hard time during battle.
Old February 13th, 2014 (01:38 PM).
Teh Trueblade

Nature: Quiet
Quote originally posted by Lethality:
I've seen all 718 but I still only have around 520 captured. I've got all the legendary pokemon including the special ones so I just have to start breeding and evolving the pokemon I have in my PC and I should be done. Unfortunately I'm very lazy and will likely never actually finish.
Quoting myself here but after like 24 sleepless hours and with the help of my brother, I actually managed to finish my dex today. Not the best way for me to spend a day off from work but it feels good to finally be done with this.

Friend Safari Type:
Old February 16th, 2014 (12:10 PM).
Learning to break kayfabe

Nature: Quiet
Yes, on 2/13/14 which was Thursday of this week
This is the 1st Game I completed the National Dex
Pokemon Bank Really Helped Completing my dex and GTS as well, and wonder trade too
now I have registered 710 Pokemon, need 8 event pokemon to be 100% complete, which is not optional but I want to register all Pokemon

Old February 16th, 2014 (02:22 PM).

Nature: Naughty
I've finally gotten all the legendaries except like two events which i'm not too concerned about. Now all I got to do it get the non kalos pokemon from the gts, breed, evolve and then the shiny charm will be mine Dx

although, i've actually heard people were having bad luck with the shiny charm. /:
Old February 16th, 2014 (02:24 PM).
The Harbinger of Solitude
Platinum Tier

Quote originally posted by debbletricks:
I've finally gotten all the legendaries except like two events which i'm not too concerned about. Now all I got to do it get the non kalos pokemon from the gts, breed, evolve and then the shiny charm will be mine Dx

although, i've actually heard people were having bad luck with the shiny charm. /:
Just bad luck overall I think.

I don't complain, it works as it should be for me haha!
Old February 16th, 2014 (02:30 PM).
Protect his very soul.
Super Moderator
BS
CS

Yep, I've completed the National Dex a month ago with the help of several friends. I picked up the shiny Charm and hatched my first shiny baby in any generation (excluding Crystal's Odd Egg and RNG abuse for hatching shinies). Shiny Charm definitely helps.

Old February 16th, 2014 (02:42 PM).

Nature: Naughty
Quote:
Just bad luck overall I think.

I don't complain, it works as it should be for me haha!
Well, good to hear.
I actually have relatively good luck when it comes to shinies and i'm just sorta worried the shiny charm might jinx it lol
Old February 18th, 2014 (04:30 PM).

I'm sort of close. I currently have 652/718. I know some event legendaries don't count, but that's a load of rubbish. It's not complete if there are spaces in it, so i'm going for all 718.

FC is 4871-3642-4123
Old February 18th, 2014 (06:13 PM).
Raven

Quote originally posted by debbletricks:
Well, good to hear.
I actually have relatively good luck when it comes to shinies and i'm just sorta worried the shiny charm might jinx it lol
It's just some dumb morons think that just because you have a shiny charm, it's guaranteed that you will have shiny Pokemon bursting from the seams of your PC boxes. When in reality, all it does is slightly better your odds..

With the Shiny charm it's still a 1 out of ~1024 chance to hatch a shiny Pokemon mixed with Masuda Method or 1 out of ~4500 in the wild or 1 out of ~800 using pokeradar.. so still the odds aren't in your favor.

now if you knew how to seek and properly mix personality values of parents and understood the mechanics of those personality values.. it is reported that you can get the odds for hatching a shiny Pokemon down to 1 out of 64 (but will most likely have horrid IVs).

Old February 18th, 2014 (06:37 PM). Edited February 18th, 2014 by Flushed.
Tomato Soup
Silver Tier

Nature: Careful
With the Shiny charm it's still a 1 out of ~1024 chance to hatch a shiny Pokemon mixed with Masuda Method
I saw this on the Q/A thread as well, are you saying that with the Masuda Method and Charm it's 1/1024? Or "mixed with Masuda" meaning it's less?
Old February 18th, 2014 (06:41 PM).

Nature: Adamant
just got all gen 3 pokemon but 3. two need trade and one need a moonstone.
Old February 18th, 2014 (06:51 PM).
Raven

Quote originally posted by Flushed:
I saw this on the Q/A thread as well, are you saying that with the Masuda Method and Charm it's 1/1024? Are you sure about that?
Masuda method alone is ~3/4096 or about 1/1365. the shiny charm i forget what the % is that it betters your odds at. but i just remember seeing 1/1024 somewhere.

**Update** nevermind i found it http://pokemon.wikia.com/wiki/Shiny_Charm " Mixed with the Masuda method makes getting a shiny makes it 8 times the normal rate, a 1 in 1024 chance."

Also Serebii backs this up: http://www.serebii.net/itemdex/shiningcharm.shtml "If, however, you're using the Masuda Method to breed, it increased it from 1 in 1,365.3 down to 1 in 1024."

Old February 18th, 2014 (06:56 PM).
Tomato Soup
Silver Tier

Masuda method alone is ~3/4096 or about 1/1365. the shiny charm i forget what the % is that it betters your odds at. but i just remember seeing 1/1024 somewhere.

**Update** nevermind i found it on a pokesite http://pokemon.wikia.com/wiki/Shiny_Charm : " Mixed with the Masuda method makes getting a shiny makes it 8 times the normal rate, a 1 in 1024 chance."

Also Serebii backs this up: http://www.serebii.net/itemdex/shiningcharm.shtml
This is only for Gen V though. The random encounter rate was halved coming into Gen VI, so it would be logical, though not necessarily factual, to halve the Masuda rate, or at least lower it somewhat.

What was your argument against the spreadsheet that suggested rates around 8/4096-10/4096?
Old February 18th, 2014 (06:58 PM).
Raven

What was your argument against the spreadsheet that suggested rates around 8/4096-10/4096?
#1 argument. regardless of spreadsheets/satistics/surveys. the odds are always still 1/1024 or whatever it may be, as it's Programed into the game/RNG.

So no matter if someone's personal Luck they hatch 1 shiny out of every 3 eggs, or someone with Horrible luck they hatch 1 out of 10,000 eggs.. it's still 1/1024 odds as that's hardcoded into the system. all that those spreadsheets tell us are people's "Luck" not odds.

Old February 18th, 2014 (07:02 PM).
Tomato Soup
Silver Tier

#1 argument. regardless of spreadsheets/satistics/surveys. the odds are always still 1/1024 or whatever it may be, as it's Programed into the game/RNG.

So no matter if someone's personal Luck they hatch 1 shiny out of every 3 eggs, or someone with Horrible luck they hatch 1 out of 10,000 eggs.. it's still 1/1024 odds as that's hardcoded into the system. all that those spreadsheets tell us are people's "Luck" not odds.
But the point of the spreadsheet was to discover what was programmed into the game. They weren't sure of the actual stat, whether it be 1/1024 or less, so that's what the test was for.
Old February 18th, 2014 (07:06 PM). Edited February 18th, 2014 by Xerneas_X.
Raven

But the point of the spreadsheet was to discover what was programmed into the game. They weren't sure of the actual stat, whether it be 1/1024 or less, so that's what the test was for.
Well i don't think you'll ever find an answer with a spreadsheet, because it's restricted to "who responds".. what if you only have people with horrid luck respond..

Especially, since the individuals with good luck probably aren't even bothering searching the forums about how to hatch shiny or looking at posts about issues with hatching shiny, since they have no issues, thus you have less of the lucky successful individuals with good odds responding to the survey.

Also people like to exaggerate when they have problems.. i mean if i hatched eggs... 1. i am not keeping exact counts.. 2. what can feel like a hundred eggs hatched, in reality probably was only 50. not to mention there's always a handful of morons/trolls/losers who fib up claims to be apart of the survey, say they hatch many shiny/own alot of shiny.. but never hatched a single one or vice versa and say they hatched many thousands of eggs and got no shiny pokemon, when in reality, they never seriously bred Pokemon other than a handful.

Old February 18th, 2014 (07:21 PM).
Tomato Soup
Silver Tier

Well i don't think you'll ever find an answer with a spreadsheet, because it's restricted to "who responds".. what if you only have people with horrid luck respond..

Especially, since the individuals with good luck probably aren't even bothering searching the forums about how to hatch shiny or looking at posts about issues with hatching shiny, since they have no issues, thus you have less lucky successful individuals with good odds responding to the survey.

Also people like to exaggerate when they have problems.. i mean if i hatched eggs... 1. i am not keeping exact counts.. 2. what can feel like a hundred eggs hatched, in reality probably was only 50. not to mention there's always a handful of morons/trolls/losers who fib up to be apart of the survey, say they hatch many shiny/own alot of shiny.. but never hatched a single one.
Valid points. I'd like to believe that the volunteers want to conduct an accurate experiment, but there could always be trolls, etc (I'd think these types of people are so few that they're impact on the data would be miniscule). OP cuts down on the "good luck factor" by requiring that only eggs to be hatched are to be recorded, nothing in the past, so nobody with good or bad luck can skew the data.

And to go along with the first part of my response, to have an accurate test means to not guess on the amount of eggs that you're hatching, stuff like that.

Again, all conjecture, but the statistics seem to suggest that the rate is at least lower than 1/1024, especially as the number of eggs hatched increases.
Old February 18th, 2014 (07:23 PM).
Raven

Again, all conjecture, but the statistics seem to suggest that the rate is at least lower than 1/1024, especially as the number of eggs hatched increases.
Also it just doesn't matter in the end, no matter what the odds are, even if they were 1 out of 64, you can still have horrendous luck and hatch 10,000 eggs and never hatch a single shiny, or be super lucky and have Arceus' light shine down upon you and hatch over a hundred shiny Pokemon in under 30 minutes.

Kinda like today, I was trying to farm for light clay from Goletts on route 10, they are a common spawn.. I seriously spent over 15 minutes just to get 1 to SHOW UP!!!! instead i seriously had emogas and houndours show up back to back even a electrike and tons of hawluchas!! the damn rare and very rare spawns showed up way more than golett.. damn RNG.. i even attempted to try the pokeradar and hope to get golett on a chain. but instead got hawluchas and that psychic thing i cant think of it's name.. I was so frustrated I literally gave up without getting a single light clay..

Quick Reply

Sponsored Links