Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Current Generation Pokémon Gaming > Pokémon X & Pokémon Y

Notices
For all updates, view the main page.

Pokémon X & Pokémon Y The Kalos region awaits! Explore a new world, capture new Pokémon, and fight off Team Flare in one of the newer installments of the core Pokémon series.

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old February 20th, 2014 (09:00 PM). Edited February 21st, 2014 by Xerneas_X.
Xerneas_X
Raven

Nature: Lonely
I was wondering who out there has started or has done a replay of their Pokemon X/Y?

If so, have you done anything significantly different? Any Pros and Cons?

-------------------------------------

As for me, yesterday morning I have decided to restart my Pokemon X adventure, After 954 hours, 1,712 battles, over 2,300 Trades, and 117 Medals, I felt it was time to relive the addiction !

So I deposited all my Pokemon into the Bank, traded over a box's worth of Pokemon holding items that I wanted to keep with a friend to trade back after I restarted (since items are all lost), and proceeded to wipe my save data.

So now I am 16 Hours into the new playthrough, 16 Online Battles (16 wins too ;D), and I am having a great time reliving the story :D!

A little annoying, since I don't have access to all my accumulated O-Powers, I lost my Game Sync Profile as I discovered restarting the game causes it to generate a new Globial Link ID, so I lost tens of thousands of PokeMiles, all my Medals, Records, etc.. Also Annoying cause I dont have all the TMs anymore and lastly, i don't have my awesome outfit anymore and pretty much stuck with the default stuff until the shops decide to spawn good clothes !

But the awesome thing is I am totally Ubering this playthrough xD

My new team consist of Fully EV Trained, Best Nature, High/Perfect IVs: Mewtwo, Xerneas, Virizion, Genesect, Manaphy, and Victini! all holding Battle Maison items.

No one stands a chance.

Also another benefit of this playthrough so far is, Just a while ago, I made it to the part where you Battle/Capture Xerneas, and this time around I was able to Farm for a Better Xerneas.. also discovered you can run away from the battle (pic below), so you can better prepare to farm it :D!!

So, now I have a Xerneas, modest nature, Perfect IVs in Sp.Atk, Speed, and Defense!!

Also only other things I've done different is that I've captured no Pokemon (besides Xerneas), I skip all the trainers the best I can, and the old man in Anistar City, I left him a Level 5 event Mew xD!

Now I have an Adamant Zygarde with 4 Perfect IVs!

-------------------------------------

How about all of you :D? Who has started or done a new playthrough? Did you do anything different?

Spoiler:

**********UPDATE**************

It only took ~18 hours, but I have now officially completed 100% of the Pokemon X Story (minus a few hours for trading and battling) and I have completed the Post-Game Looker missions.

All that's left to do now is go around and gather the megastones, pick up any items i left and get the hidden items with the Dowsing machine, lastly, I just need to transfer a ton of Pokemon to get all 718 again.

Oh and also I need to capture Mewtwo and Zygarde again.

As of Feb 20th: 1500 Wins/264 losses, 85% Win Rate.
As of Feb 25th (2nd Playthrough): 150 Wins/0 losses, Undefeated, Challengers Beware!
Old February 20th, 2014 (10:01 PM). Edited February 20th, 2014 by Peitharchia.
Peitharchia
& having to receive it

I won't need to restart my Y version, thankfully, because soon, I'm going to get X. :] When I start off my adventure this time around, one thing I'd definitely do is pick a different starter. Chose Chespin in Pokémon Y, so I'll most likely go with Froakie. I would pick Fennekin, but I like Froakie just a bit more. Another thing I'd do is select male character; chosen female in Y.
Old February 20th, 2014 (10:14 PM).
TwilightBlade
Protect his very soul.

I won't restart my main file. I'd find it really difficult to reset a file that has accrued some 900 hours. If I were to pick up Pokemon X though, I'd like to play the story again with different teams, and perhaps do a few Challenge runs.

Old February 20th, 2014 (10:23 PM).
Trainer Galza

Nature: Relaxed
I don't think I'd ever restart my Y game.. it's kind of like my go to "main action" serious business game file. My X on the other hand is kind of more disposable..

Kind of sucks though, my Yveltal isn't the greatest.. kind of wish I knew about when I was going to be thrown into battle with it ahead of time before hand. It doesn't have a bad nature, just a neutral one.. which I suppose I could use, if I decide to. Part of me kind of keeps reminding myself that I don't even have enough Uber Pokes to make an Uber team... I also don't fight in that tier in particular.. so I guess it's not a big deal that I have a ♥♥♥♥♥♥ Yveltal.

--Normal Safari--
Aipom -- Loudred -- Smeargle

If you add me, PM so that I may do the same
Old February 20th, 2014 (10:50 PM).
Xerneas_X
Raven

Quote originally posted by Lilith:
I won't restart my main file. I'd find it really difficult to reset a file that has accrued some 900 hours. If I were to pick up Pokemon X though, I'd like to play the story again with different teams, and perhaps do a few Challenge runs.
hehe i had 954 hours on mine xD unlocked, found, discovered everything possible in the game.

Also had literally 1,712 battles on my profile all of which are gone :D!

As of Feb 25th (2nd Playthrough): 150 Wins/0 losses, Undefeated, Challengers Beware!
Old February 20th, 2014 (10:58 PM). Edited February 20th, 2014 by Xerneas_X.
Xerneas_X
Raven

Well it only took less than a day's worth of gameplay but I just made it to the Elite 4. I made a slight change to my team and replaced Mewtwo with Arceus and replaced Xerneas with Darkrai... Arecus just solo steamrolled the E4 and Champion.

What an awesome team to be recorded as the 1st Game Clear xD!!!

Arceus, Victini, Genesect, Virizion, Manaphy, & Darkrai.

Old February 21st, 2014 (12:28 AM).
Hikamaru
i am a fire escape
Community Supporter

Nature: Quirky
I've been so busy with training my reserve Pokemon, trying outfit combinations and some Pokemon Amie to even think of restarting my file on X. I do have Y so yeah might consider a second playthrough there with the male character (just to compare his clothes to the female) and use maybe Fennekin and Bulbasaur for my starter combination.
Old February 21st, 2014 (12:45 AM).
awolfsquared
Not wearin glasses.I wanna look awesome.
Community Supporter

Nature: Modest
Send a message via Skype™ to awolfsquared
I haven't restarted my Y yet cause I'm not finished with my first playthrough. XD But even when I do finish, I'm not going restart anyway cause I never restart my main game. While there's so many ways to transfer my Pokemon over to somewhere else like with Pokemon Bank, I just hate losing all that data, progress and save time and the memories that go with it. So I usually just get the other game and use that for resets if I want to experiment with teams or do challenges. I'm hoping to get a copy of X just for that.
Old February 21st, 2014 (01:14 AM).
εcho.
The Silver Ninetales

Nature: Impish
I've put too much time into my X game, I feel like if I restarted it, it would be a complete waste. I know I could save all my Pokemon in the bank and transfer items to my Y, but I can't bring myself to do it.

Not to mention restarting would take away all my lovely clothing that I've worked so hard to acquire. I just can't go back to that default outfit. xD

Nah, I'll restart my Y once I'm done the challenge I'm going through and play through with a new team. Never restarting my X though, I'm way too emotionally attached.

fc: 3110-4261-3923

Old February 21st, 2014 (03:26 AM).
Giovanni Boss
Team Rocket's Head

I restarted once, before bank, to get duplicate megastones [the X exclusive ones] so I traded with a friend with Y who did the same. I'd gladly reset tons of times, weren't for the pokédex. I don't like keeping legendaries with me, since I pretty much despise their existence [yet they keep coming through Wonder Trade xD], so it'd be a pain to get their data all over again.

I'd love to restart mainly to try playing as a girl. The girl clothes are way better then the boy ones. So much more variety...
Well, guess it's all I have to tell.
Old February 21st, 2014 (03:53 AM).
Talli
Tsunderes forever

Nature: Naughty
I had to restart my X because I anciently traded away my charizard X mega stone,
Old February 21st, 2014 (05:04 AM).
Pendraflare
DON'T BELIEVE ME JUST WATCH
Community Supporter

Nature: Quiet
Send a message via Skype™ to Pendraflare
Wasn't there a thread like this not long ago at all? As with most of these people, i've logged so many hours on my main copy of X, and even completed the National Dex, so yeah, I have no intention of erasing my save in it. I do have Y, but I also have a secondary copy of X which I got for fun challenge runs and such because one, I like X's exclusives way more than Y's, and two, I wasn't ready to erase my saved data in Y at the time.

But yeah, I have too much on my main copy of X to even consider erasing it.
Old February 21st, 2014 (06:00 AM).
szulerecki

I would love to, but i dont want to lose my Shiny Charm which i was getting whole 220hours in the game. Just bassicly because of that, but i would love to try and get shiny Mewtwo or legendary bird by myself. Sad.
Old February 21st, 2014 (07:28 AM).
Mochika Rage
Fangirl.

Nature: Mild
Send a message via Skype™ to Mochika Rage
I restarted it, but this was when I only had 4 badges, I think. I would have restarted it last week, again, but my pokémon had done really well, and we still beat the E4 first time with underlevelled pokémon, so I didn't want to lose them.
Old February 21st, 2014 (09:47 AM).
Timbjerr
Community Supporter

Nature: Timid
I'm the type of person that resets my Pokémon games on a whim just because I'm bored. I rarely breach the 100-hour playtime mark. XD

I restarted my game at least five times before the Bank came out and three times since. The only difference is that with the latter, I can pull low-leveled pokémon from my bank to beat the game with. XD
Old February 21st, 2014 (01:33 PM). Edited February 21st, 2014 by Xerneas_X.
Xerneas_X
Raven

Apparently restarting X&Y, it totally puts you against 100% different Trainers on Battle Spot.. I don't know if it has to do with total # of battles or if it's just random.. but in my previous game, I had over 1712 battles, and I always do Triple Battles daily, so much that I recognize 80+% of everyone I've battled, even to the point they recognize me and ragequit during Team Preview.

But now that I have restarted Pokemon X.. 100% of everyone I been battling the past couple of days are all 100% new.. Also a lot of them appear to be newbs xD!! I guess it makes sense, if you're new, it sticks you with new people?

I feel sorry for the people I have to battle now.. they do not stand a chance.. At this moment I have just hit 50 battles... my record is now 50 wins, 0 losses \o/!

a 100% win ratio is an awesome pro for restarting xD!! but wasn't that much difference with my old save.. I had a 80+% win ratio there, ~1450 wins to ~250 losses. But this time will be awesome as unlike my old save, my record wont be tarnished by my early Battles anymore, back before I began team building and was new to the battle scene and battling with deplorable natured/stats slow and weak Pokemon.

Also I have just finished the Looker Missions in the story, So literally I have 100% completed the Pokemon X Story, Now I am back to where I was before wiping my Save.. except now I need to recapture/transfer all 718 pokemon to complete the pokedex again, and go around and pick up items/hidden items I've skipped and trainers I skipped.

Old February 21st, 2014 (04:47 PM).
Kratosx
Flareon Master

Nature: Modest
I Use My X game to store items and pokes while Y is my restart game for different runs

Currently doings:

Breeding for Shinys

My friend safari pokemons: Shuppet, Pumkaboo, Drifblim

my 3DS FC is:
0216-2224-5730
Old February 21st, 2014 (07:59 PM).
Raine
Community Supporter

Nature: Gentle
I've only reached the 50 hour mark for my Pokemon X file, and that's nothing compared to other members' OTL So I probably won't be restarting anytime soon, and I have Bravely Default to keep me busy along with other games I plan to get so not sure if I'll ever actually get to the post-game material \:

— レイン · wonderland · love · achievements · appreciation
Old February 21st, 2014 (08:18 PM).
Flushed
Tomato Soup
Community Supporter

Nature: Careful
I have X and Y so if I do restart, it'll be in my X version where I don't have the PokeDex complete. My second run was a Nuzlocke, so you can kinda tell I'm not really looking to play the whole thing again for the sake of playing. So I probably won't restart for a good while.

Quote originally posted by Vanille Sky:
I've only reached the 50 hour mark for my Pokemon X file, and that's nothing compared to other members' OTL So I probably won't be restarting anytime soon, and I have Bravely Default to keep me busy along with other games I plan to get so not sure if I'll ever actually get to the post-game material \:
Lol don't worry, there's practically no post-game material.
Old February 21st, 2014 (08:38 PM).
LividZephyr
Oxymoron, not a moron, thanks

Send a message via AIM to LividZephyr Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to LividZephyr
No, and I never will. I have too much amazing stuff on this one and a lot from past gens as well. I've poured my soul into it.

I'll wait for Z for replaying. X really isn't worth it since the best part is the online. Or the ending, which I can watch on YouTube again.

Credit to whomever drew that Hilda picture. Lemme know if that's you.

~*~ 3DS FC: 3540-0366-4191 ||| Mii name: Andy ||| IGN: Amanda ~*~
Old February 21st, 2014 (08:43 PM).
Legendary_Trainer_Alexandre
Grand Duke

Nature: Calm
I was forced to twice, and I don't plan on starting over ever, because I found two natural shinies in the friend safari, an Electrode and an Electabuzz. I also finally have access to a Ditto Safari, which is nice.
"Regardless the circumstances, I intend to question the defendant with all I have. *takes off glasses* For that is a part of my creed. -Miles Edgeworth in episode 5 of Phoenix Wright Ace Attorney: Dual Destines Check out my story Pokemon Dual Dimensions
Old February 21st, 2014 (09:02 PM).
Xerneas_X
Raven

Woot, I just scooped up a 4 perfect IV Adamant Zygarde in my replay (IVs in the desired stats) :D!

Mix that with the perfect IVs Modest Xerneas I caught yesterday (also in the stats desired), I now have an awesome set of Pokemon X Legendaries.. too bad I don't have Pokemon Y, or else I'd farm a perfect Yveltal as well :D!

I already have a perfect Mewtwo and the Legendary birds from B/W so those are optional for me

Old February 22nd, 2014 (02:53 AM).
Axeliira
Buoysel is best 🍐

Nature: Brave
I'm probably going to restart my adventure once I get my copy of Y eventually. I don't want to do the whole thing all over again on X when I've perfected an awesome team. lol. I can just redo it over and over again on Y. xD
that lights up the dark.
Old February 22nd, 2014 (10:57 AM).
WonderfulWhiscash
Murderous Magikarp

Nature: Hasty
Quote originally posted by sorrowdemonica:
Apparently restarting X&Y, it totally puts you against 100% different Trainers on Battle Spot.. I don't know if it has to do with total # of battles or if it's just random.. but in my previous game, I had over 1712 battles, and I always do Triple Battles daily, so much that I recognize 80+% of everyone I've battled, even to the point they recognize me and ragequit during Team Preview.

But now that I have restarted Pokemon X.. 100% of everyone I been battling the past couple of days are all 100% new.. Also a lot of them appear to be newbs xD!! I guess it makes sense, if you're new, it sticks you with new people?

I feel sorry for the people I have to battle now.. they do not stand a chance.. At this moment I have just hit 50 battles... my record is now 50 wins, 0 losses \o/!

a 100% win ratio is an awesome pro for restarting xD!! but wasn't that much difference with my old save.. I had a 80+% win ratio there, ~1450 wins to ~250 losses. But this time will be awesome as unlike my old save, my record wont be tarnished by my early Battles anymore, back before I began team building and was new to the battle scene and battling with deplorable natured/stats slow and weak Pokemon.

Also I have just finished the Looker Missions in the story, So literally I have 100% completed the Pokemon X Story, Now I am back to where I was before wiping my Save.. except now I need to recapture/transfer all 718 pokemon to complete the pokedex again, and go around and pick up items/hidden items I've skipped and trainers I skipped.
Well, generally, when people who use a team of OU/UU pokes come up against a team full of ubers, they're at a massive disadvantage. Is there really any fun in effortlessly crushing far weaker pokemon with your ubers? I don't think winning is something to boast about when you use Ubers out of their tier. However, that feeling when I beat someone using all ubers is just awesome.
Old February 22nd, 2014 (12:11 PM). Edited February 22nd, 2014 by Xerneas_X.
Xerneas_X
Raven

Quote originally posted by WonderfulWhiscash:
Well, generally, when people who use a team of OU/UU pokes come up against a team full of ubers, they're at a massive disadvantage. Is there really any fun in effortlessly crushing far weaker pokemon with your ubers? I don't think winning is something to boast about when you use Ubers out of their tier. However, that feeling when I beat someone using all ubers is just awesome.
actually it seems the majority of teams i go up against have ubers too, even in this new playthrough. I see a ton of Zekroms, Reshirams, Rayquazas, Fairy Arceus, Darkrais and Kyogres, or teams of the Gen 6 Legendaries including Gen 1.

However a common issue I see, also how I can tell they are New/noobs is sometimes is some do noobish builds.. i.e. a team of 100% dragons (zekrom, kyurem, palkia, rayquaza, reshiram, dialga) which leaves them EXTREMELY vulnerable to ice/fairy types.. basically when i see a team like this (which is often as of this new replay), i just set my choice spec'd Xerneas in the center and do a Dazzling Gleam to insta-kill all three of their Dragons. then I have Mewtwo to Aura Sphere Dialga and Reshiram (the only 2 dragons Xerneas isn't super effective against).

So that's pretty much what I mean by they don't stand a chance... they are probably not experienced or have tactics or good prediction skills yet, regardless if they have a perfect Uber team built (or even a mirror/similar team to mine).

but the #1 way I know they are "new" is because it says so during battle, it shows how many battles your opponent has done, and I've noticed that majority say under 100, where as before when i had 1000+ battles on my record, i was going against mainly people who had hundreds of battles as well, so this is why I believe the battle spot system sets up special slots or tiers based on # of battles you've done.. maybe when you hit over 100 or some number, you start only fighting others who hit over X number of battles too?

Also if i do go against a team of UU/OU, etc.. i tend to "go easy" on them sometimes.. i'll try to send out my talonflame, mienshao first and let them take care of business. or sometimes i'll send out my 3 legendaries but purposely use the neutral effective moves against them..

However I do have to say, of my over 1700 battles on battle spot, it's very rare to come across a team without at least 1 or 2 ubers, even if it's just an event Blaziken and a Gen 6 Legend or a Blissey and Shuckle with a trick rooming Slowking/Reuniclus.. Teams without ubers just don't really have a place in "Free Battle" on Battle Spot, since it's flooded with Legendary & Uber teams.

Rating battles, thats a different story since legendaries are banned, so you'll tend to see more NU/UU/OU/mixed teams on there.

Lastly, even without an "Uber team" it is possible for a good strategist to dominate in free battle. I have personally faced a handful of non-uber teams in battle who were able to destroy my team either using tactics such as double fake out, while their 3rd pokemon trickrooms or takes out one of my primary Pokemon (Xerneas or Mewtwo), or use things such as quick guard to make talonflame useless due to it's galewings ability priority getting blocked and also blocks Arceus' main attack, extremespeed or they will wideguard to block Xerneas' choice spec'd dazzling gleam (making Xerneas useless since it's stuck using only that attack) or other various tactics and "right on the money" predictions.

Quick Reply

Sponsored Links