The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Current Generation Pokémon Gaming > Pokémon X & Pokémon Y

Notices

Pokémon X & Pokémon Y The Kalos region awaits! Explore a new world, capture new Pokémon, and fight off Team Flare in the newest installment of the core Pokémon series.
X/Y Quick Q&A | X/Y Friend Code Sharing Thread

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old February 22nd, 2014, 12:32 PM
PumpJack
Gentleman Thug

Not gonna restart my X, but I plan to get Y sometime.

One thing I plan to do is cheat the region for a different Vivillon pattern. Probably Sandstorm or Icy Snow.
Old February 22nd, 2014, 03:25 PM
MegaAbsol -

I've done 20 plays of y
nuzlockkes all day long

Also......

CHOCOLATE RAINBOWS!!!
Old February 22nd, 2014, 03:33 PM
Haunted Cupcake
Soul Resonance Technician

Nature: Adamant
I would love to replay it but i would need help moving my battle items
Old February 23rd, 2014, 10:23 AM
Major Ziggs
This'll be a blast!
Community Supporter

Nature: Quirky
I have restarted it, yes! No idea why given that it was going really well and I hadn't done any post-league stuff, but hey-ho, what can you do? I think I only reached as far as the fossil town before stopping playing the second adventure so in hindsight it was a really bad idea to restart, but I did manage to trade some of my more special Pokémon over to my brother's game before restarting so at least I've got them still.
Old February 23rd, 2014, 10:39 AM
Xerneas_X
Raven

Nature: Lonely
Quote:
Originally Posted by Squirrel View Post
I have restarted it, yes! No idea why given that it was going really well and I hadn't done any post-league stuff, but hey-ho, what can you do? I think I only reached as far as the fossil town before stopping playing the second adventure so in hindsight it was a really bad idea to restart, but I did manage to trade some of my more special Pokémon over to my brother's game before restarting so at least I've got them still.

stopped D:! that's not good probabyl should just spend a day with it and complete it xD!

i actually completed my 2nd playthrough pretty much within a day, at about the 18 hour mark, but that also included about 20 wi-fi battles, and 2 boxes worth of trades and derping around. reason why it was so quick is i used a team of level 10 uber legendaries as starters to basically steamroll the gyms and E4, and then i skipped all the in-game trainers/npcs the best i could. and basically took the most direct and shortest and fastest routes to each city/gym, captured absolutely no pokemon, and used repels non-stop.

also since i skipped all the trainers i could, meaning my party never leveled up efficiently for the 2nd half of the game, i had a set of level 50-60 legendaries on standby xD, then for the E4, i replaced my main gameplay legendary (Mewtwo) with a level 100 Arceus and they solo steamrolled the E4 and champion.

Ontop of that i finished all the Looker post-game missions, collected all the megastones and TMs by the 22 hour mark !

only thing left for me to do when I feel like it is go around and collect all the items and hidden items i skipped, battle the various many Trainers in every route i skipped, and transfer the 718 pokemon from the bank to my pc boxes all of which i am too lazy to do atm as I am more focused atm with battling and leveling up my new perfect 3-4 IV Zygarde and Xerneas with best natures... the best part of the 2nd playthrough (farming for perfect 6th Gen Legendaries).

As of Feb 20th: 1500 Wins/264 losses, 85% Win Rate.
As of Feb 25th (2nd Playthrough): 150 Wins/0 losses, Undefeated, Challengers Beware!
Old February 23rd, 2014, 10:50 AM
debbletricks

Nature: Naughty
I used to restart my pokemon games on a whim just because i was bored and enjoyed playing it through a lot. But Y is the first game where i completed the pokedex so i don't have it in me to restart. I'm thinking of buying X just so i could do more playthoughs.
Old February 23rd, 2014, 11:56 AM
WonderfulWhiscash
Murderous Magikarp

Nature: Hasty
Also Virizion is UU. This reminds me of a Condescending Wonka meme i saw the other day. Oh, so you beat the elite 4 with a team of legendaries? Wow, you must be quite the trainer.
Old February 23rd, 2014, 12:05 PM
Xerneas_X
Raven

Quote:
Originally Posted by WonderfulWhiscash View Post
Also Virizion is UU. This reminds me of a Condescending Wonka meme i saw the other day. Oh, so you beat the elite 4 with a team of legendaries? Wow, you must be quite the trainer.
Already beat the E4 over 20 times with non-legendaries in my 1st playthrough/save. this time i just wanted to rush through the game, which is evident by the under 22 hours from start to finish (including post game, 50+ pokemon trades, and 20+ wi-fi battles). Also my Virizion is a VGC'12 build (not UU or OU) which puts it near uber in my opinion due to it's higher speed and higher attack (also the fact that it can one-shot Mew, Mewtwo, and various Arceus' in my experience of taking it into battle), but if you want to get Pokemon Showdown/Smogon technical... since they are the sole non-uber on a team of pure ubers, the team is still called an uber team as in Smogon battles or pokemon showdown, even if you had a team of pure Little Cup/NU/UU/OU pokemon and then had 1 single Uber on your team, you'd be forced to fight in Ubers.

As of Feb 25th (2nd Playthrough): 150 Wins/0 losses, Undefeated, Challengers Beware!

Last edited by Xerneas_X; February 23rd, 2014 at 12:18 PM.
Old February 23rd, 2014, 12:18 PM
WonderfulWhiscash
Murderous Magikarp

True. ARCEUS - MY EVIOLITE FERROSEED FROM NU IS COMING FOR YOU!
Old February 23rd, 2014, 12:22 PM
Xerneas_X
Raven

Quote:
Originally Posted by WonderfulWhiscash View Post
True. ARCEUS - MY EVIOLITE FERROSEED FROM NU IS COMING FOR YOU!
!! it's already happened, my Arceus lost. it was too cocky and went for 20 swords dances in a row, even though the last 17 failed, "can't go any higher."

Old February 23rd, 2014, 04:35 PM
Playful_Weasel
let's be friends!
Community Supporter

Nature: Gentle
Send a message via Skype™ to Playful_Weasel
In a way Yes and No on restart - Yes, I have started different teams (like my current Feline team) but the NO part is that I didn't restart a game, I bought a new copy of the game.

The only thing I do different is that now I have my team fully selected (nicknames & genders) - which I have bred and can transfer over to play with them from the very start, instead of catching them half way or almost done with the game.
Watchog's #1 Fan!! -
PokeMustelid & PokeFelines too!

my 3DS XL FC is full - My 3DS Flame Red still needs friends - 3325-3310-5332 -
Normal Safari - Lilipup, Loudred, ??? - send me a quick message if you want to be added
Old February 23rd, 2014, 04:58 PM
RedTerabyte

Nature: Docile
Send a message via AIM to RedTerabyte Send a message via Skype™ to RedTerabyte
I've worked too hard to restart Y honestly... I can't imagine losing everything. It's tempting sometimes, but I'm wanting to fill up my Pokedex and I don't feel like restarting.
Old February 23rd, 2014, 05:12 PM
overdid
queen

I have X & Y.
It's fun to do a challenge run, while at the same time collecting items and legendaries.
Sometimes it can get a bit dull though.
Old February 23rd, 2014, 05:32 PM
Sheep
foxy foxy whats it gonna be

Nature: Timid
No way! I collected all 718 Pokemon and have made too much progress, can't possibly give that up. But that's why I'm considering picking up Y as I'm itching to replay the main story. Will move some cool new party members over and be happy playing through the story with cute new Pokemon that I've not used on my team yet in 3D! :)
Old February 23rd, 2014, 07:07 PM
Phangy
Master

I restarted my X after a complete playthrough, then I got Y to be my playthrough game. Pick out my pokemon in X for whatever challenge or story i want to play with and just bank the pokemon after each playthrough in Y and start again.
Old February 23rd, 2014, 11:52 PM
The Masked One
I'm back.

Nature: Brave
I've reset Y a few times, but since Pokemon Bank is out, I just used that to store my Pokemon from my last save file and transfer those Pokemon to my new save. My Pokemon in my other save files weren't so lucky, but I'm fine because they weren't fully EV Trained anyway. xP I'm considering getting X though, and using that copy to do challenges and all that.
Old February 24th, 2014, 12:25 AM
Shhmew

Nature: Gentle
I just restarted my X file the other day. I was going to do a Nuzlocke or Wedlocke but I chickened out; I'm awful at those. I'm just using random pokes that I've (mostly) never used before. So far my team is Pidgeotto (appropriately named Bird Jesus), Litleo (always wanted to use it but used Charizard and Talonflame in my other playthroughs), Shelgon (always used Flygon or Altaria over Salamence), and Floette (didn't use it in my other playthroughs).

It's been fun. ^__^ I just put all my pokemon from my old file in Pokemon Bank, and I'll put them back in my boxes soon. The only thing bothering me is that I don't have my old outfit and I have to buy all the clothes all over again, lol.
Old February 24th, 2014, 02:01 AM
victini91
Star of the Victory

Nature: Jolly
I have restarted once before, it's only hours of gametime and I've just passed Lumiose City in that moment till my exams coming and decided to start over once I've finished. Now, I will never ever restart. I can't delete my save file with tons of Pokemon (691 in Pokedex as of now) inside and 260+ hours of playtime. Seriously not a good move.
Old February 24th, 2014, 08:57 AM
Dark Sableye Lord

I just restarted my game and I am catching every pokemon I see(In my first playthrough I just went through the stryline)Am battling only trainers I have to battle,I'm not doing ANY training,and I have a 5Iv shiny snivy leading my team!
Old February 24th, 2014, 09:35 AM
atomtanned

I have always played the games this way -- I have a main file that I use to complete the Dex and then I have the other game for quick playthroughs/challenges.

Right now I'm doing a Wonderlocke challenge on my copy of Y which has been a lot of fun

Friend Codes
X: Serena {2638-0348-2480}
Y: Allyson {2638-0348-2480}
HeartGold: Lyra {3526-6386-3822}

Challenges:
Pokemon Y Wonderlocke

tumblr || backlog

Old February 24th, 2014, 03:11 PM
sh1nyzorua
zorua♥&♥zoroark

Nature: Quirky
I just restarted my game so I could play it in German. :3

Gif by it-started-to-rain on Tumblr (:
Old February 24th, 2014, 06:48 PM
MetalxTongue
Underdog of Truth

Nature: Calm
I've never restarted any of my pokemon games and I am not about too. I never start over. I keep playing the same game from before.
Old February 24th, 2014, 07:26 PM
happynewyear001

I've yet to complete the game due to me restarting. It's a bit of a problem.

There's a Generation II now?
Old February 24th, 2014, 10:52 PM
complexive
Pretty Sailor Soldier

Nature: Quiet
I'd never reset my Y file, I've put too much time into it plus I love my team. If anything i'd probably just buy X and replay the game all over again with a different team.
Old February 25th, 2014, 04:13 AM
slim spazzy
Best Beta tester

I re started my x and y after i downloaded poke bank andim now doing a nuzlocke

You must edit it to meet the limits set by the rules before you may remove the [sig-reason] code from your signature. Removing this tag will re-enable it.

Do not remove the tag until you fix the issues in your signature. You may be infracted for removing this tag if you do not fix the specified issues. Do not use this tag for decoration purposes.
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links