The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Current Generation Pokémon Gaming > Pokémon X & Pokémon Y

Notices

Pokémon X & Pokémon Y The Kalos region awaits! Explore a new world, capture new Pokémon, and fight off Team Flare in the newest installment of the core Pokémon series.
X/Y Quick Q&A | X/Y Friend Code Sharing Thread

Advertise here

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old February 25th, 2014, 06:04 AM
Golden Warrior
Pokemon Professor

Nature: Adamant
Send a message via Skype™ to Golden Warrior

Advertise here
I didn't even consider the idea until I noticed that getting a shiny Yveltal is possible... Now I'm trying to decide if I should use the bank to my advantage and restart while trying to get the shiny legendaries or if I should just forget it and keep going with what I have to avoid some annoyances like getting the egg-hatching power again, or getting all the cloths I got again, or even just getting certain items back.

Who knows, maybe I will.

3DS/Pokemon Y FC: 5300 - 9087 - 1138
I'll be up to battle or trade, I'll also always be up to multibattle. PM me if you add me here, give me a reason that you're adding me, and I'll be sure to add you back!

Friend Safari: Bug Type
Pokemon: Paras, Beautifly, and Pinsir.
Old February 25th, 2014, 06:05 AM
Xerneas_X
Raven

Nature: Lonely
Quote:
Originally Posted by Golden Warrior View Post
I didn't even consider the idea until I noticed that getting a shiny Yveltal is possible... Now I'm trying to decide if I should use the bank to my advantage and restart while trying to get the shiny legendaries or if I should just forget it and keep going with what I have to avoid some annoyances like getting the egg-hatching power again, or getting all the cloths I got again, or even just getting certain items back.

Who knows, maybe I will.

Actually you can't get a Shiny Yveltal in-game. Here's a separate thread I have about how to get the Shiny 6th Gen Legendaries: http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=319889 #1

As of Feb 20th: 1500 Wins/264 losses, 85% Win Rate.
As of Feb 25th (2nd Playthrough): 150 Wins/0 losses, Undefeated, Challengers Beware!
Old February 26th, 2014, 07:30 AM
Haunted Cupcake
Soul Resonance Technician

Nature: Adamant
People don't know that shiny locked pokemon is a thing? o well.Restarted my Y version after using lil bros 2ds to transfer items i wanted to keep at frost cavern right now half my team are hm slaves the other half i use to battle with.
Battle
Shiny Trevenant/Quiet [was going for trick room team but i gave up]
L seed/WoW/Horn Leech/P force

Electabuzz/adamant
Ice punch/fire punch/thunder punch/cross chop

Porygon2@eviolite Modest
Agility/recover/signal beam/tri attack

hm slaves [generally pokemon i don't like]
Steelix cut/strength/rock smash/dig
Talonflame fly/flamebody for eggs
greninja surf/waterfall
Old March 12th, 2014, 02:02 PM
Belldandy
ღ Cammybear ღ
Community Supporter

Nature: Timid
I wanted to restart, but I didn't want to lose my data even if it's a fraction of yours, OP!

I got Pokemon Y instead (digital download) and I'm doing a Bug-type run-through with it. I really want to focus on challenges this time around. I didn't want to Mega Evolve at all in Pokemon X (original cartridge), but since it's such a huge part of the storyline I felt I was obliged to do it. I'll be avoiding Mega-evolving in my Y runthroughs.
My Trade Thread
Breedject Sign-Up Thread
Friend Safari: Munna, Gothorita, Espurr
Native Scatterbugs: Polar, Ocean, Sun
Old March 12th, 2014, 04:20 PM
AshtheIVth
I want Kingdom Hearts 3 now!!

Nature: Relaxed
I restarted my pokemon X after doing the same as Xerneas_X, moving most of my pkmn to pokebank and trading my items to someone and then trading back later, especially my megastones, for some reason i did not want to have to re find them again lol. Anyway, i started out with torchic, dratini, bulbasaur, ralts, froakie, and pidgey. After evolving and having blaziken, dragonite, venasaur, gallade, greninja, and pidgeot, i traded my venasaur for my celebi, and gallade for a Mew i acquired. After swapping i realized i have no blazikenite or another pkmn that mega-evolves, that was a negative, i love using mega-evo in battle, especially with blaziken, and Lucario, but oh well. On an end-note, my blaziken has speed boost, love it, celebi with natural cure, useful, and greninja with protean, awesome!! Not one trainer in-game has stood a chance lol
Old March 12th, 2014, 04:25 PM
Tao Dragon

Nature: Lonely
I won't restart my game cause I went through 1 months worth of work to complete the national dex. I already had all the pokemon you could get in x and y and was missing a few legendaries and the event pokemon. I took advantage of the pokebank delay to buy the games where all the unobtainable pokemon were. I bought platinum, heartgold, soul silver, black and black 2 to achive the goal of completing the national dex. It was something I always wanted to do but never went through with it until. Now currently I have all pokemon and even I reserved unobtainable legendaries for new games that might get released. So again no I won't restart my game.
Vivillon: Archipelago
Friend Safari Type:
Friend Safari Pokemon: Pumpkaboo, Dusclops, Lampent
Old March 12th, 2014, 04:34 PM
Arc
ded

Nature: Bashful
I would never restart my main file on Y since I have waaay too much Pokemon on that, and I don't have access to bank. But I've already done a reset playthrough on my X. Have I done significant changes? Most definitely, the biggest change I had done was an only Eeveelution run. Which, surprisingly was very fun. Having six Eevees at the start of the game was oddly hilarious to me.

Sponsored Links

Advertise here