The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Current Generation Pokémon Gaming > Pokémon X & Pokémon Y

Notices

Pokémon X & Pokémon Y The Kalos region awaits! Explore a new world, capture new Pokémon, and fight off Team Flare in the newest installment of the core Pokémon series.

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old February 26th, 2014 (02:07 AM). Edited February 26th, 2014 by Xerneas_X.
Xerneas_X
Raven

Nature: Lonely
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pinta77 View Post
Makes sense, but I've never heard of corrupt cartridges before until now. I mean I'm sure it can happen, but shouldn't it have happened in other games like D/P/P or B/W if it was ever going to happen?
Well it's expected with any product.. what do you expect of a Mass Produced product made in the Millions, shipped worldwide to meet demands of a World Wide release. It's inevitable for there to be defective copies.

Just like how you can buy any product (especially mass produced) for it to not work or have defects (i.e. electronics, cars, furniture, etc).

Also I am sure it has happened in D/P/P and B/W. only problem with those is that they are all easily hacked/glitched. So if someone got the Bad Eggs without doing anything illegal, without hacking/modding, when they report it on a forum or somewhere, People just reply accusing them of hacking, glitching, or using an Action Replay, so it gets ignored.

But reason why it seems to not go as ignored or seems more significant with Gen 6 X&Y is because it's on a whole New System, has no glitches/hacks available for it publicly, and no Action Replay.

As of Feb 20th: 1500 Wins/264 losses, 85% Win Rate.
As of Feb 25th (2nd Playthrough): 150 Wins/0 losses, Undefeated, Challengers Beware!
Old February 26th, 2014 (12:42 PM).
Shhmew

Nature: Gentle
Quote:
Originally Posted by sorrowdemonica View Post
Well that's one case, his sounds like a corrupt cart, since it happened to him As soon as he starts the game, already waiting for him in his PC on a newly fresh started game (as he states in the 2nd video).

However there are other reported cases, some with proof (photos/videos) of individuals who stated their bad/mystery eggs appeared after a trade, wondertrade, or randomly appearing..

I think they just can appear for anyone at anytime after doing anything.. just if something processes wrong, glitches, corrupts, receive extra data, or fails a checksum, you can find yourself a bad egg. So if receiving a Mystery egg after a Wonder Trade is coincidence or not, if it hasn't happened to you yet, then it's probably never going to happen. Maybe those few people who indeed get their Bad/Mystery eggs after wonder trade, maybe it's that portion of their Game Cartridge that controls Wonder Trading that's corrupted so it get's triggered when they do. But your guess is as good as anyone else
This is what I've always thought. I've never seen proof of people getting bad eggs through wonder trade, but if some people have, it's probably because of some corruption in their individual game cartridge that's messing up the data. It makes people scared to wonder trade, because they'll get a "bad egg", but a bad egg is really just another name for corrupted data, not an actual thing someone can give over wonder trade or anything like that. Like sorrow said, if it hasn't happened to you yet, it's probably never going to happen-- your cartridge is clean and just fine, as it should be. ;P
Old February 27th, 2014 (12:52 PM).
The Corrupt Plague
Missingno. hunter

Nature: Naughty
Get your very own Lovecraftian horror in an egg today! Is it bad that I actually want to find one of those in Y? I used to get a few in Sapphire from some badly written AR codes but that was years and years ago.

Credit goes to Team Brushfire for the awesome banner!
Old February 27th, 2014 (01:10 PM).
Shhmew

Nature: Gentle
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Corrupt Plague View Post
Get your very own Lovecraftian horror in an egg today! Is it bad that I actually want to find one of those in Y? I used to get a few in Sapphire from some badly written AR codes but that was years and years ago.
Well, considering having a "bad egg" in X&Y seems to mean your game cartridge is corrupt (which is very different from the bad eggs of previous generations, which typically resulted in failed AR codes), it's definitely nooot something fun to find. ;P
Old February 27th, 2014 (02:06 PM).
berlyda
Community Supporter

Nature: Calm
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Corrupt Plague View Post
I was actually thinking the same thing Despite the obvious drawbacks (overwriting the Pokemon in your PC at random is not cool), I think it would be fun to experiment with.

Old March 4th, 2014 (09:08 AM).
The OG Blaziken Mask

i thought bad eggs didnt exist in gen 6? or am i confusing them with missingno?

You must edit it to meet the limits set by the rules before you may remove the [sig-reason] code from your signature. Removing this tag will re-enable it.

Do not remove the tag until you fix the issues in your signature. You may be infracted for removing this tag if you do not fix the specified issues. Do not use this tag for decoration purposes.
Old March 4th, 2014 (11:48 AM).
scprepschool

Quote:
Originally Posted by pokermons View Post
missingno was only in red blue green? I'm pretty sure that's the only games it was in. There are rumors of bad eggs in gen 6. I'm not sure if any reputable source has confirmed it yet though. Until someone debunks or confirms it I would still be weary of receiving eggs in trades...if rumors are true that the bad data is a malfunction/ hack in the wonder trade, then you'll know as soon as you receive a egg via wonder trade that its bad because you aren't supposed to be able to trade/ receive eggs in w.t.

you gotta know that I adore you
Old March 4th, 2014 (01:03 PM). Edited March 4th, 2014 by daigonite.
daigonite
Don't be afraid of the dark
Community Supporter

Bad eggs form because the data is corrupted. It is likely that it's actually sending null data, because the message "The egg looks like it's about to hatch!" is indicated by a low number of steps, but it will never hatch if that value is below 1. The dates are cleared to 0 because of the same reason. It's likely that something that is being nulled out is being sent through for some reason, either corruption of the initial game or a communication error. The game uses the error handler BAD EGG to help prevent the game from crashing. I'm not sure why they clone though. It's likely because empty spots are also null, and the game may mistaken them for additional null BAD EGGs.

If this is the case then a good solution for GAME FREAK would be to abort all trades that somehow result in the receiver obtaining a null Pokemon.
Old March 4th, 2014 (01:08 PM).
XpokeX
I'm a ninja and im..... gone

Quote:

They are called mystery eggs now btw(i guess since their location is in a place called mystery zone) and bad eggs existed in past games and missingno i think only existed in gen 1

"Pokemon is my escape from reality,no one to judge or fight,it's just me having fun"
Old March 7th, 2014 (09:06 AM).
The OG Blaziken Mask

Quote:
Originally Posted by scprepschool View Post
missingno was only in red blue green? I'm pretty sure that's the only games it was in. There are rumors of bad eggs in gen 6. I'm not sure if any reputable source has confirmed it yet though. Until someone debunks or confirms it I would still be weary of receiving eggs in trades...if rumors are true that the bad data is a malfunction/ hack in the wonder trade, then you'll know as soon as you receive a egg via wonder trade that its bad because you aren't supposed to be able to trade/ receive eggs in w.t.
the most recent pokemon games i played before y was ruby firered and emerald and i can say for sure missingno was in ruby and emerald because i gamesharked them but i cant vouch for firered because i played it legit or gen 2 because i barely remember playing it. its safe to say it was in there too because that was gen 3. it appeared either as a double question mark or a question mark in a black and white circle. google image search. as for wonder trade thats a good excuse for me to keep away from using that because the last thing i need is my game getting destroyed because someone wanted to hack 999 rare candies and event exclusive pokemon
Quote:
Originally Posted by XpokeX View Post
They are called mystery eggs now btw(i guess since their location is in a place called mystery zone) and bad eggs existed in past games and missingno i think only existed in gen 1
it was in gen 3 also

You must edit it to meet the limits set by the rules before you may remove the [sig-reason] code from your signature. Removing this tag will re-enable it.

Do not remove the tag until you fix the issues in your signature. You may be infracted for removing this tag if you do not fix the specified issues. Do not use this tag for decoration purposes.
Old March 7th, 2014 (07:00 PM).
scprepschool

Quote:
the most recent pokemon games i played before y was ruby firered and emerald and i can say for sure missingno was in ruby and emerald because i gamesharked them but i cant vouch for firered because i played it legit or gen 2 because i barely remember playing it. its safe to say it was in there too because that was gen 3. it appeared either as a double question mark or a question mark in a black and white circle. google image search. as for wonder trade thats a good excuse for me to keep away from using that because the last thing i need is my game getting destroyed because someone wanted to hack 999 rare candies and event exclusive pokemon

it was in gen 3 also
In red & blue version you ran into the missing by performing a in game glitch to get multiples of items. Whatever item was in your 6th ( I think ) slot would be multiplied by a random amount when you encountered missingo. You encountered him by talking to the guy in viridian city that will show you how to catch a pokemon. Directly after that you fly to cinnabar island and go surf the half land half water edge to the right of the town next to the gym. You run into the glitched up thing at different levels, and sometimes you could even run into pkmn from different areas of the game at levels 120+. I used to spend so much time going through missingos hoping I would run into that lvl 120+ random pkmn and it be a gengar or an alakazam bc when I was younger sadly I had no link cable... fun times. Needless to say I never did nor do know if it was possible. But that was how you got 999 rare candys and master balls back then if you didn't have a gameshark or game genie

you gotta know that I adore you
Old March 8th, 2014 (12:32 AM). Edited March 10th, 2014 by XxCassiexX.
XxCassiexX

Originally Posted by Xerneas_X View Post
All i can recommend is if you get a bad egg.

3. this may seem cruel, but open a trade with a random passerby and trade them the egg.
Lol. What a dick. I can see someone has no conscience. =[
Trade Reviews!
Diamond FC: 4596 6015 4110
White Friendcode: 0948 6449 9609
Old March 12th, 2014 (11:34 AM).
Belldandy
ღ Cammybear ღ
Community Supporter

Nature: Timid
I've heard of this, but I've never experienced it or seen it occur. I haven't been offered one or seen one on the GTS, either, nor in WonderTrade.

I wouldn't worry about it too much.

FC: 4699-7283-5972; IGN: Irène, Etoile; Trade Shop Trade Reviews
Old March 12th, 2014 (04:21 PM).
OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire
10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
Community Supporter

Nature: Careful
I got the bad egg twice in Sapphire...not sure why as I didn't use any hacking device on it, probably just a glitch.

I hope I don't find one...I want a remake of Sapphire (and Ruby) not a remake of that bad egg I encountered to happen in Y 0_o...
Old March 12th, 2014 (04:30 PM).
Tao Dragon

They are a threat. I would turn off the power as soon as i get and god forbbid that the game automatically save before receiving it.
Vivillon: Archipelago
Friend Safari Type:
Friend Safari Pokemon: Pumpkaboo, Dusclops, Lampent
Old March 12th, 2014 (04:33 PM).
OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire
10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
Community Supporter

Nature: Careful
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tao Dragon View Post
They are a threat. I would turn off the power as soon as i get and god forbbid that the game automatically save before receiving it.
One of the bad eggs I encountered in Sapphire erased my save file when I did that...and this Mystery egg is said to be worse...so maybe turning it off won't work
Old March 12th, 2014 (04:40 PM).
Belldandy
ღ Cammybear ღ
Community Supporter

Nature: Timid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tao Dragon View Post
I read that that wouldn't help anyway. WonderTrade itself saves before you even see what you're getting via trade. Once the screen goes black and you select your Pokemon, the trade internally is done, even if you haven't seen the Pokemon yet.

I had a connection error occur after selecting the Pokemon I wanted to trade off. It was looking for someone to trade with, found someone and my connection timed out. I turned my DS back on and looked in my box and my Pokemon was replaced with a new guy! So once that screen where it shows who you're trading with is gone, you've internally traded that data already, thus turning it off would be of no use

I think it's preventive to make sure people use the feature properly and don't just shut the DS off if they don't like what they see / get.

FC: 4699-7283-5972; IGN: Irène, Etoile; Trade Shop Trade Reviews
Old March 12th, 2014 (04:44 PM).
Tao Dragon

Well if receiving it from a trade or wonder trade the game file saves you are pretty much screwed. The recommendations given for the previous gen bad eggs were to isolate it in a separate box away from all off your other pokemon. It has been said that it might currupt other pokemon and replace them with other bad eggs or in the worst case erase your game file. This has never happened to me personally and would never want it to happen.
Old March 12th, 2014 (06:31 PM).
hiff8
Gotta Derp em all

Sounds scary, never had an experience with one in X and Y though, i think I had one in Emerald that hatched into a Totodile, and I was like "YES!"
Old March 13th, 2014 (05:12 PM).
Geltza

I didn't know "bad eggs" existed in X&Y until I read this. Just glad I haven't came across one yet!
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links