Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Current Generation Pokémon Gaming > Pokémon X & Pokémon Y
Reload this Page [SPOILER] Diancie Mystery Gift Revealed + Event - Pokemon X&Y Leak.

Notices
For all updates, view the main page.

Pokémon X & Pokémon Y The Kalos region awaits! Explore a new world, capture new Pokémon, and fight off Team Flare in one of the newer installments of the core Pokémon series.

Closed Thread

Old February 26th, 2014 (04:20 PM). Edited February 26th, 2014 by Xerneas_X.
Raven

Nature: Lonely
Quote originally posted by debbletricks:
I kinda like the normal better, but it's still cute. thats kinda hilarious how they accidentally revealed it. lol
Also, since it's hacked can you use it in battles? I'm assuming it can't be used at battle spot since regular pokemon that are edited with it can't, but like battles with random people?

Yes it can be used in regular battles, I have already used it in battle a few times
Unfortunately it's WAYYYYYY too slow for my team build and got killed in no time in comparison... I think it needs trick room support or 100% EVs in HP, Def, Sp.Def and status moves like toxic and healing moves.

And yeah :\ it can't be used in Battle Spot like the Lati megastones or shiny shiny-locked legendaries.

As of Feb 20th: 1500 Wins/264 losses, 85% Win Rate.
As of Feb 25th (2nd Playthrough): 150 Wins/0 losses, Undefeated, Challengers Beware!
Old February 26th, 2014 (05:24 PM).

How do you get this shiny tho? Be lucky or use shiny code?
Old February 26th, 2014 (05:58 PM).

Have you tried to get hoopa in and see if the speculation of some connection between it and the lumiose ghost girl might be more than far fetched?

you gotta know that I adore you
Old February 26th, 2014 (08:43 PM).
Raven

For those wondering if Diancie can battle online:
Spoiler:
They sure can! Not Battle Spot though, but Regular Battles yes! This battle was against a random Passerby who challenged me who coincidentally had an ubers team as well :D!! Diancie enters battle @ 2:20 and totally takes out 2 of their legendaries and leaves a 3rd near death before they are finally able to take Diancie out!
[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f25xHqggCKw[/ame]

As of Feb 25th (2nd Playthrough): 150 Wins/0 losses, Undefeated, Challengers Beware!
Old February 27th, 2014 (04:07 AM).
Been there since day 1.

Spoiler:

I really like the hypocrisy in this "event".
The butler's master says "that what is given to you has no real value".
Yet, Diancie is just given to you as a Mystery Gift. You don't have to chase it, catch it, do some quests - nothing.
Bad event is bad.
However, I'm really looking forward to test Diancie in some battles.
Old February 27th, 2014 (08:16 AM).
So strong, it hurts!

Nature: Quiet
Will players that aren't in Japan even get access to Diancie? I was under the impression that they get 95% of all the worth-while events.

Completed Challenges: Pokemon Y Nuzlocke - Birthday Challenge - Random
Current Challenges: Ground Mono-type (5/8)

Pokemon X/Y Safari: Wooper/Camerupt/Palpitoad IGN: Chris (X), varies (Y)
Teams: My Poison Team - My Ground Team
Old February 27th, 2014 (08:28 AM).
Raven

Quote originally posted by Superstrength79:
Will players that aren't in Japan even get access to Diancie? I was under the impression that they get 95% of all the worth-while events.
We won't know until the movie is announce for released for the rest of the world. so probably wont be until winter 2014 at the soonest.. but considering that it's a brand new legendary (instead of a re-release of an older one), yes we should get it.. it would be the same as if we didn't get the Victini or Darkrai events during the last couple of movie releases.

Old February 27th, 2014 (10:18 AM).
Fictional Writer.

Quote originally posted by Superstrength79:

When it is a new pokemon, those outside of Japan will get in time. It is only shiny versions we do not get all the time like Shiny Genesect.
Old February 27th, 2014 (11:00 AM).

Nature: Adamant
Quote originally posted by debbletricks:
I kinda like the normal better, but it's still cute. thats kinda hilarious how they accidentally revealed it. lol
Also, since it's hacked can you use it in battles? I'm assuming it can't be used at battle spot since regular pokemon that are edited with it can't, but like battles with random people?
can hacked pokemon not be used in battle spot or just pokemon without the Kalos mark? I have a shiny Gastly I got in a trade that was apparently from Unova that I was planning on training but if it's non Kalos pokemon that are barred from Battle spot I won't bother trying. (it's HARDLY at a level to try now, lol!)
Need a specific Berry? I have literally every kind. Need a Friend Safari HA pokemon? I have them all. Need a gen 1 - 3 (and a few from gen 4) Move Tutor Egg Move that can no longer be obtained? I might be able to help. Drop me a DM if you need anything and maybe I can help!
Old February 27th, 2014 (11:17 AM).
Silver Tier

Nature: Calm
Quote originally posted by Howmander:
can hacked pokemon not be used in battle spot or just pokemon without the Kalos mark? I have a shiny Gastly I got in a trade that was apparently from Unova that I was planning on training but if it's non Kalos pokemon that are barred from Battle spot I won't bother trying. (it's HARDLY at a level to try now, lol!)
Non-Kalos Pokemon can be used in the Battle Spot, yes (except in Special Battles).

Old February 27th, 2014 (11:57 AM).

Nature: Adamant
Quote originally posted by berlyda:
Non-Kalos Pokemon can be used in the Battle Spot, yes (except in Special Battles).
Oh good! I saw what Shiny Mega Gengar looks like and REALLY want to use that in battle and the odds of breeding my own are SUPER slim, lol! thanks!
Need a specific Berry? I have literally every kind. Need a Friend Safari HA pokemon? I have them all. Need a gen 1 - 3 (and a few from gen 4) Move Tutor Egg Move that can no longer be obtained? I might be able to help. Drop me a DM if you need anything and maybe I can help!
Old February 27th, 2014 (02:01 PM).

Nature: Naughty
Quote:
No, I was just referring to pokemon that are edited with Power Saves. Pokemon edited with power saves can't be used in battle spot, but pokemon without the kalos pentagon can be as long as they are legal.
Old February 27th, 2014 (02:35 PM).
Pikamon Pokéchu

Nature: Relaxed
I have a question that's not exclusively related to Diancie.

How often has Pokemon and GameFreak released event-only exclusives?

I've seen the list, so I know what has already been released, but I'm curious to know the frequency of past events compared to the current ones. We've only really seen Celebi and the special Torchic so far. I'd like to see more events for older legendaries, but I'm very much looking forward to being able to attain my very own Diancie.

Friend Safari: Dragon - Noibat, Gabite, Sliggoo
Old February 27th, 2014 (02:56 PM).
Raven

Quote originally posted by The Feves:
I have a question that's not exclusively related to Diancie.

How often has Pokemon and GameFreak released event-only exclusives?

I've seen the list, so I know what has already been released, but I'm curious to know the frequency of past events compared to the current ones. We've only really seen Celebi and the special Torchic so far. I'd like to see more events for older legendaries, but I'm very much looking forward to being able to attain my very own Diancie.
they do alot of events for every generation, here's the complete list: http://www.projectpokemon.org/events/

On the left side you can choose the Generation and the Region of the world and see the complete list of events for each.

Old February 27th, 2014 (03:04 PM).
╰( ´・ω・)つ━☆゚.* ・。゚

Nature: Jolly
Send a message via Skype™ to Eevee
So wait, I'm a bit confused by the event.

Has there been an official release of what the event will be and whether or not many people can get it?

Old February 27th, 2014 (03:05 PM).
I'm a ninja and im..... gone

Diancie looks really cool,really excited for the event

"Pokemon is my escape from reality,no one to judge or fight,it's just me having fun"
Old February 27th, 2014 (09:42 PM).
Fictional Writer.

Quote originally posted by Shimmer Mint:
So wait, I'm a bit confused by the event.

Has there been an official release of what the event will be and whether or not many people can get it?
No, it has only been mentioned in Corocoro and some videos. The people who have them now are hacks. With the movie coming out in July, I think, Japan will get with the movie. Everyone else will probably have to wait a few months.

However, with it already being revealed in North America, the English versions may come out in summer as well.
Old February 28th, 2014 (04:50 AM).
Pokemon Bright Gold

Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to BigSteve
<p>
Quote originally posted by Shimmer Mint:
So wait, I'm a bit confused by the event. </p><p>&nbsp;</p><p>Has there been an official release of what the event will be and whether or not many people can get it?
</p><p>&nbsp;that is the event in whole.</p><p>you get it via mystery gift and that's it. Once Nintendo release it ofcourse</p>
Old February 28th, 2014 (04:58 AM). Edited February 28th, 2014 by Xerneas_X.
Raven

Quote originally posted by BigSteve:
<p></p><p>&nbsp;that is the event in whole.</p><p>you get it via mystery gift and that's it. Once Nintendo release it ofcourse</p>
That's not a definite thing.. it's just the way I got the Diancie injected into the game, via Mystery Gift inject by Power Saves. However I have a strong feeling that the actual official Diancie event/capture will be in the Glittering Cave.. my theory on that is the recent Japanese Holo Caster news update which shows an image of Diancie in the Glittering Cave.

My theory on the event is there will be an update/patch to enable the triggers for some NPCs who talk about finding Diancie, etc etc.. but you end up finding Diancie instead, and then once you got Diancie and enter into a Pokemon Center, then you get that event trigger as seen in the video. I am pretty sure if I get Diancie without being inside of a Pokemon center then i go to one.. the same event will unlock, meaning that it's not Mystery Gift triggered. (i'll test this later).

anyways here's an image from the Japanese Holo Caster update:

[Breaking news!
We have received eyewitness reports that Diancie, a Pokémon considered to be mythical, has been sighted.
It was caught on this picture, though unfortunately it is a bit hard to make out.
Diancie is a Rock/Fairy type Pokémon that is as beautiful as a jewel, and which is said to create diamonds to both attack and to protect itself.
However, since no one has captured one yet, we don't have any detailed information on it.
Rich people all over the world are waiting with great interest for the day when it can finally be caught, too.]

That last line of the holo caster update too kinda makes me speculate that maybe there will be "rich" npcs around Kalos who talk about or are looking for Diancie (such as the one we see in the video I posted).

Also a new unrelated movie promotion poster :3
Spoiler:

Old February 28th, 2014 (07:47 AM).

Nature: Jolly
What about Volcanion and Hoopa? I assume they would be accessible too using the power save?
Old February 28th, 2014 (08:51 AM).

Quote originally posted by sorrowdemonica:
That's not a definite thing.. it's just the way I got the Diancie injected into the game, via Mystery Gift inject by Power Saves. However I have a strong feeling that the actual official Diancie event/capture will be in the Glittering Cave.. my theory on that is the recent Japanese Holo Caster news update which shows an image of Diancie in the Glittering Cave.

My theory on the event is there will be an update/patch to enable the triggers for some NPCs who talk about finding Diancie, etc etc.. but you end up finding Diancie instead, and then once you got Diancie and enter into a Pokemon Center, then you get that event trigger as seen in the video. I am pretty sure if I get Diancie without being inside of a Pokemon center then i go to one.. the same event will unlock, meaning that it's not Mystery Gift triggered. (i'll test this later).

anyways here's an image from the Japanese Holo Caster update:

[Breaking news!
We have received eyewitness reports that Diancie, a Pokémon considered to be mythical, has been sighted.
It was caught on this picture, though unfortunately it is a bit hard to make out.
Diancie is a Rock/Fairy type Pokémon that is as beautiful as a jewel, and which is said to create diamonds to both attack and to protect itself.
However, since no one has captured one yet, we don't have any detailed information on it.
Rich people all over the world are waiting with great interest for the day when it can finally be caught, too.]

That last line of the holo caster update too kinda makes me speculate that maybe there will be "rich" npcs around Kalos who talk about or are looking for Diancie (such as the one we see in the video I posted).

This Holo Caster Update makes it seem that you will be able to catch the Diancie, but I do not think you will be able to. The reason I think you will not be able to capture it is because that picture of Diancie is NOT a WILD Diancie. If it were a wild Diancie it would have been on the other side of the screen and facing the opposite direction. Maybe a different event will allow you to capture one, but I don't think it will be this event.

I have Psychic Safari with Munna/Sigilyph/Duosion.

Old February 28th, 2014 (09:00 AM). Edited February 28th, 2014 by berlyda.
Silver Tier

Quote originally posted by Crossbows:
This Holo Caster Update makes it seem that you will be able to catch the Diancie, but I do not think you will be able to. The reason I think you will not be able to capture it is because that picture of Diancie is NOT a WILD Diancie. If it were a wild Diancie it would have been on the other side of the screen and facing the opposite direction. Maybe a different event will allow you to capture one, but I don't think it will be this event.
The camera moves about a lot during battles, so I don't see why this can't be a wild Diancie. Plus the image may simply have been inverted so that it's facing towards the newsreader, to make it look better.

Old February 28th, 2014 (09:52 AM). Edited February 28th, 2014 by Xerneas_X.
Raven

Quote originally posted by Sabrewulf238:
What about Volcanion and Hoopa? I assume they would be accessible too using the power save?
Not as of yet.

Quote originally posted by Crossbows:

If you want my theory on Diancie.. I think we will get Diancie by the mutation of a Carbink.. how? Either a future unlockable area? maybe a new cave/tunnel will open up in the Glittering Cave (Maybe behind the 2nd Mine Cart or maybe at the end's southern wall)?

Or what I really think: Maybe you need to give Carbink a special item. What Item? My guess is the yet to be released "Fairy Gem". When used normally (held by a pokemon) it will boost the power of a Fairy move by 30% one time or whatever it is in battle.

But maybe it will have a secondary use.. similar to a Evolutionary stone, where if you select the Fairy Gem within your bag and if you by chance have a Carbink in your party it will show "ABLE" under it's name, much like an evolutionary stone..

Also I think this explains something else.. Gamefreak has officially revealed that one of Diancie's moves will be "Power Gem", even the promotional pictures show Diancie using it... however I have discovered that Diancie, unlike Carbink, does not learn Power Gem by leveling up and cannot learn it from the Move Reminder, the Move Tutors (in Snowbelle City & Route 22, etc), nor any other method I can find in game.. Also it can't breed with anything (not even with Ditto or Carbink), so that's out of the question... So unless Gamefreak turns Power Gem into a TM, which is unlikely, maybe this is the solution: If your Carbink knows Power Gem (which it learns by Leveling Up) and then it "mutates" into Diancie, it will retain Power Gem.

Here's the official reveal of Diancie using Power Gem:

Old February 28th, 2014 (11:13 AM).
Silver Tier

Quote originally posted by sorrowdemonica:
Also I think this explains something else.. Gamefreak has officially revealed that one of Diancie's moves will be "Power Gem", even the promotional pictures show Diancie using it... however I have discovered that Diancie, unlike Carbink, does not learn Power Gem by leveling up and cannot learn it from the Move Reminder, the Move Tutors (in Snowbelle City & Route 22, etc), nor any other method I can find in game.. Also it can't breed with anything (not even with Ditto or Carbink), so that's out of the question... So unless Gamefreak turns Power Gem into a TM, which is unlikely, maybe this is the solution: If your Carbink knows Power Gem (which it learns by Leveling Up) and then it "mutates" into Diancie, it will retain Power Gem.
Power Gem might be an Event Move. After all, that Mystery Gift hack was only a way of putting Diancie in the game, the official Event Diancie isn't necessarily exactly the same.

Old February 28th, 2014 (12:04 PM).
Raven

Quote originally posted by berlyda:
Power Gem might be an Event Move. After all, that Mystery Gift hack was only a way of putting Diancie in the game, the official Event Diancie isn't necessarily exactly the same.
seems kinda strange that a totally random move like Power Gem with an average base power would be an event-only move o0' if anything was to be event-only, probably would be it's more powerful moves (in the 100-200 range) or moves stolen from other legendaries... kinda like the legendaries in the past who had event-only moves such as victini with fusion bolt/glaciate/fusion flare, or rayquaza with v-create, or heatran with eruption, or mewtwo with self-destruct..

Closed Thread
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links

You may also like.. (Beta)