Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Current Generation Pokémon Gaming > Challenges

Notices
For all updates, view the main page.

Challenges Play your Pokemon games in fresh new ways! Anything from The Monotype Challenge, to the popular Nuzlocke, and even all kinds of themes based on your favorite franchises!
New threads in this forum are to be approved by a moderator before they are displayed.

Closed Thread
Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old March 1st, 2014 (02:03 AM).
Miau
The Kitten Pokémon
Community Supporter

Nature: Quiet
Cyndaquil it is, thanks! And since I got my gift so fast, then I might as well get started right away
#300 Skitty
Supporter Collab January 2015
clubs anime avatar
Old March 1st, 2014 (02:39 AM).
waveguidebuizel
no ordinary buizel

Nature: Timid
Whoops, sorry about that gift thing, AngelicPikachu. I kinda derped there. >_< And Puddle, I won't forget that Gallade; I've decided to make it my gift that keeps on giving (ah, the flexibility of Natural Gift!). :)

Anyways, let's get this challenge started with my first update! Progress: 1 badge
Spoiler:
  • Started the game with Piplup (named Prezz), graciously gifted by our mother bird herself! And... I lost the rival battle. >_< I don't think I've ever lost this one before, so it was interesting to see what the rival (who I named "whateva" for no reason) had to say.
  • Did all that stuff in the beginning, yada, yada...
  • Caught my flower, a Budew named Vernal, north of Jubilife.
  • Onwards to Oreburgh, with my naive pack of boys! The Zubat in the mine were really, really annoying. But that's not new.
  • The battle with Roark was kinda close! But that was because I was just trying to get experience for both my boys while his Cranidos would headbutt anything in sight (and I also switched once while Stealth Rock was up; also, this is Set style). Got the Coal Badge anyways, though! :D

The team so far:
Spoiler:

NamePrezzVernal
RoleA season of givingRoses are red
Level1515
GenderMM
NatureNaiveNaive
CharacteristicScatters things oftenVery finicky
AbilityTorrentNatural Cure
ItemQuick Claw
Stats45/21/24/27/21/2240/14/16/24/23/24
MovesBubbleMega Drain
PoundStun Spore
PeckAbsorb
GrowlGrowth

while keeping perfect time
you’ll bag up these hearts of mine
with your rhythmic shaking motion
let’s mix up more of our love potion

Water Safari: Octillery, Gyarados, Poliwhirl
Searching for Minccino, Gastrodon, Liepard, and Braixen safaris
Old March 1st, 2014 (03:15 AM).
11wildy
Me!

Nature: Lonely
I plan to try the event on Crystal, but sadly, I'm too late to trade in a pokemon from Red/Blue with tri-attack TM. Would it be allowed to trade in a Pokemon from red/blue that knows tri-attack, then breed it onto a pokemon I catch on Crystal? . As I kinda don't want to use Dodrio/Magneton/Dugtrio, and I like a challenge.. XD
Old March 1st, 2014 (03:18 AM).
gio7sm
T0T4L N0OB

Nature: Docile
im planning on doing that too with my staryu

You must edit it to meet the limits set by the rules before you may remove the [sig-reason] code from your signature. Removing this tag will re-enable it.

Do not remove the tag until you fix the issues in your signature. You may be infracted for removing this tag if you do not fix the specified issues. Do not use this tag for decoration purposes.
Old March 1st, 2014 (04:54 AM).
Puddle
Mission Complete✔

Nature: Lax
Quote originally posted by waveguidebuizel:
Whoops, sorry about that gift thing, AngelicPikachu. I kinda derped there. >_< And Puddle, I won't forget that Gallade; I've decided to make it my gift that keeps on giving (ah, the flexibility of Natural Gift!).

Anyways, let's get this challenge started with my first update! Progress: 1 badge
Spoiler:
  • Started the game with Piplup (named Prezz), graciously gifted by our mother bird herself! And... I lost the rival battle. >_< I don't think I've ever lost this one before, so it was interesting to see what the rival (who I named "whateva" for no reason) had to say.
  • Did all that stuff in the beginning, yada, yada...
  • Caught my flower, a Budew named Vernal, north of Jubilife.
  • Onwards to Oreburgh, with my naive pack of boys! The Zubat in the mine were really, really annoying. But that's not new.
  • The battle with Roark was kinda close! But that was because I was just trying to get experience for both my boys while his Cranidos would headbutt anything in sight (and I also switched once while Stealth Rock was up; also, this is Set style). Got the Coal Badge anyways, though! :D

The team so far:
Spoiler:
<table border='0'><tr><td style='text-align: center; vertical-align: top; padding: 6px'></td><td style='text-align: center; vertical-align: top; padding: 6px'></td><td style='text-align: center; vertical-align: top; padding: 6px'></td></tr>
<tr><td style='text-align: center; vertical-align: top; padding: 6px'>Name</td><td style='text-align: center; vertical-align: top; padding: 6px'>Prezz</td><td style='text-align: center; vertical-align: top; padding: 6px'>Vernal</td></tr>
<tr><td style='text-align: center; vertical-align: top; padding: 6px'>Role</td><td style='text-align: center; vertical-align: top; padding: 6px'>A season of giving</td><td style='text-align: center; vertical-align: top; padding: 6px'>Roses are red</td></tr>
<tr><td style='text-align: center; vertical-align: top; padding: 6px'>Level</td><td style='text-align: center; vertical-align: top; padding: 6px'>15</td><td style='text-align: center; vertical-align: top; padding: 6px'>15</td></tr>
<tr><td style='text-align: center; vertical-align: top; padding: 6px'>Gender</td><td style='text-align: center; vertical-align: top; padding: 6px'>M</td><td style='text-align: center; vertical-align: top; padding: 6px'>M</td></tr>
<tr><td style='text-align: center; vertical-align: top; padding: 6px'>Nature</td><td style='text-align: center; vertical-align: top; padding: 6px'>Naive</td><td style='text-align: center; vertical-align: top; padding: 6px'>Naive</td></tr>
<tr><td style='text-align: center; vertical-align: top; padding: 6px'>Characteristic</td><td style='text-align: center; vertical-align: top; padding: 6px'>Scatters things often</td><td style='text-align: center; vertical-align: top; padding: 6px'>Very finicky</td></tr>
<tr><td style='text-align: center; vertical-align: top; padding: 6px'>Ability</td><td style='text-align: center; vertical-align: top; padding: 6px'>Torrent</td><td style='text-align: center; vertical-align: top; padding: 6px'>Natural Cure</td></tr>
<tr><td style='text-align: center; vertical-align: top; padding: 6px'>Item</td><td style='text-align: center; vertical-align: top; padding: 6px'>Quick Claw</td><td style='text-align: center; vertical-align: top; padding: 6px'></td></tr>
<tr><td style='text-align: center; vertical-align: top; padding: 6px'>Stats</td><td style='text-align: center; vertical-align: top; padding: 6px'>45/21/24/27/21/22</td><td style='text-align: center; vertical-align: top; padding: 6px'>40/14/16/24/23/24</td></tr>
<tr><td style='text-align: center; vertical-align: top; padding: 6px'>Moves</td><td style='text-align: center; vertical-align: top; padding: 6px'>Bubble</td><td style='text-align: center; vertical-align: top; padding: 6px'>Mega Drain</td></tr>
<tr><td style='text-align: center; vertical-align: top; padding: 6px'></td><td style='text-align: center; vertical-align: top; padding: 6px'>Pound</td><td style='text-align: center; vertical-align: top; padding: 6px'>Stun Spore</td></tr>
<tr><td style='text-align: center; vertical-align: top; padding: 6px'></td><td style='text-align: center; vertical-align: top; padding: 6px'>Peck</td><td style='text-align: center; vertical-align: top; padding: 6px'>Absorb</td></tr>
<tr><td style='text-align: center; vertical-align: top; padding: 6px'></td><td style='text-align: center; vertical-align: top; padding: 6px'>Growl</td><td style='text-align: center; vertical-align: top; padding: 6px'>Growth</td></tr></table>
You can't use Gallade. The gift that keeps on Giving is a chosen one that is also a gift in the game. I guess you're already using Piplup so you can stick with that one (:

Old March 1st, 2014 (05:59 AM).
AoTora

Nature: Calm
Username: AoTora
Game: Ruby

"He arose in three days" - Magneton or Dotrio - Depends on the rest of my team
"A season of giving" - It's a secret! (At least until someone assigns it to me) =3
"Eggcelent" - Wobuffett (This will be interesting D
"Roses are red" - Roselia- Either synthesis either one of the drains.
The gift that keeps on giving" - Need to check on what I can get here - Help anybody?
"Here comes Peter Cottontail" - Azumarill

Do what you believe in and believe in what you do. All else is a waste of energy and time ~ Nisargadatta.

Love is the only power that can change an enemy into a friend. ~ Martin Luther King.

I am a fan of Criminal Minds, Crossing Jordan and some other series. I am also Harry Potter fan and Disney fan (I love Frozen!) - I also like other animes beside Pokemon.
Old March 1st, 2014 (07:06 AM).
Puddle
Mission Complete✔

Quote originally posted by AoTora:
Username: AoTora

"He arose in three days" - Magneton or Dotrio - Depends on the rest of my team
"A season of giving" - It's a secret! (At least until someone assigns it to me) =3
"Eggcelent" - Wobuffett (This will be interesting D
"Roses are red" - Roselia- Either synthesis either one of the drains.
The gift that keeps on giving" - Need to check on what I can get here - Help anybody?
"Here comes Peter Cottontail" - Azumarill
Plusle or Minun really. That's what I'm doing. I was gonna use Magneton, but I got the electric covered with that. By the way, for Eggcelent you can also use trade Pokemon. That's what I'm doing with Emerald.

And I'll give you Torchic. Since you already have a water and a grass type. Enjoy!
If you don't want Torchic, you can go with a late Anorith unless that's post Elite Four. Up to you.

Anyways!
Emerald Update #1
Spoiler:
-Named myself River
-Helped Birch with my newly received Torchic, Lake!
-Defeated May.
-Got Pokedex and all that jazz.
-Helped Wally catch a Ralts.
-Caught myself a Marrill and named it Peter.
-Went back to find a Ralts to trade for Seedot and found it first try.
-Went through Petalburg Woods with ease.
-Traded Ralts for DOTS the Seedot.
-Defeated the trainers next to Rustboro.
-Beat Roxanne with Marill and then when it was low health used a bide with Nuzleaf and won.
-Went to Dewford.
-Marill evolved into Azumarill, Torchic evolved into Combusken
-Beat Brawly with a crit Water Gun.
-Gave Letter to Steven.
-Went to Slateport and caught Desperaux the Plusle.
-Trained on the Soda Pop people
-Ran Team Aqua out of Slateport

And update 1 ends after Slateport!

Current Team:
Lake the Male Combusken

Level 19
Gentle Nature
Ability: Blaze
Scratch|Peck|Double Kick|Ember
"A Season of Giving"

Peter the Male Azumarill

Level 19
Adamant Nature
Ability: Thick Fat
Tackle|Rollout|Tail Whip|Water Gun
"Here comes Peter Cottontail"

DOTS the Male Nuzleaf

Level 18
Relaxed Nature
Ability: Early Bird
Bide|Cut|Growth|Nature Power
"Eggcelent!"

Desperaux the Female Plusle

Level 15
Quiet Nature
Ability: Plus
Growl|Thunder Wave|Quick Attack|Helping Hand
"The gift that keeps on Giving"

Old March 1st, 2014 (07:12 AM).
gio7sm
T0T4L N0OB

Liquid Crystal Challeggs Run (Report #1)

-Started up the game and named myself 'GIO7SM'
-Recieved the PokeGear and headed to Elm's lab
-Picked Chikorita (Parakeet) as my starter
-Battled my way to Cherrygrove city, Parakeet at LVL 7.
-Recieved the Map Card from the old man and proceeded into the next route.
-Battled my way to Mr. Pokemon's house, Parakeet at LVL 8.
-Recieved the National Pokedex from Oak.
-Battled my way back to Cherrygrove.
-On the way back, battled my rival (CHALEGG), Parakeet grew to LVL 9.
-Interrogated by a police upon arriving in Elm's lab.

-Recieved Running Shoes from mom
-Battle a few trainers and arrived at Route 31 with Parakeet at LVL 13
-Captured a Bellsprout (for trading later)
-Arrived at Violet City
-Traded the Bellsprout for Ryan's Rocky the Onix (new team member)
-Trained him up to LVL 10
-Saved

CURRENT TEAM STATUS:

Name: Parakeet
Moves: Tackle|Growl|Razor Leaf|Reflect
Role: "Roses are red."
Level: 13

Name: Rocky
Moves: Tackle|Screech|Bind
Role: "Eggcellent!"
Level: 10

You must edit it to meet the limits set by the rules before you may remove the [sig-reason] code from your signature. Removing this tag will re-enable it.

Do not remove the tag until you fix the issues in your signature. You may be infracted for removing this tag if you do not fix the specified issues. Do not use this tag for decoration purposes.
Old March 1st, 2014 (07:45 AM). Edited March 1st, 2014 by Alli.
Alli
kong

Quote:
Everlark, i have a question. can i use Staryu because it can learn tri-attack by tm?
Go for it, as long as it's a TM or something in Liquid Crystal. I don't know anything about hacks. You signed up after cut off time though, so you can't make use of the bonus.

Quote:
I plan to try the event on Crystal, but sadly, I'm too late to trade in a pokemon from Red/Blue with tri-attack TM. Would it be allowed to trade in a Pokemon from red/blue that knows tri-attack, then breed it onto a pokemon I catch on Crystal? . As I kinda don't want to use Dodrio/Magneton/Dugtrio, and I like a challenge.. XD
You missed the cut-off date, so it'd be unfair to let you and not others that miss it. :( Sorry.

Hope I didn't miss any questions.

Edit: I have so many random eggs on Black that there's no way I'd even know what's in them lmao. Going to trade one of them over since my sister doesn't even want to give me an egg. ~_~

Edit 2: Audino, Plusle, and Minun have been added as bun buns. Rejoice!
paired to diddy

Old March 1st, 2014 (05:47 PM).
waveguidebuizel
no ordinary buizel

Quote originally posted by Puddle:
You can't use Gallade. The gift that keeps on Giving is a chosen one that is also a gift in the game. I guess you're already using Piplup so you can stick with that one (:
Wait, I thought "the gift that keeps on giving" is any pokémon, as long as they have a gift-giving move. In my case, I'm using Natural Gift (which is a TM in Platinum and acts kind of like a wildcard, since it can be learned by almost everyone). I just decided to use Gallade to acknowledge your attempted gift and because I've never trained one before. Piplup fills the role of "a season of giving."

Old March 1st, 2014 (06:10 PM). Edited March 1st, 2014 by The Dark Avenger.
The Dark Avenger
The Flyest Avenger

Nature: Adamant
First Badge

Defeated Cheren

Team:
Spoiler:

April the Lv. 13 Azurill
(Here comes Peter Cottontail)

- Bubblebeam
- Water Gun
- Water Sport
- Charm

Azurill sure did work like a charm!
It was sort of hilarious how Cheren kept using Work-Up over and over which raises both attack stats one level, only to have his attack stat decreased by 2 levels (while not possessing any special attacks). Poor guy. SUCKER!!!

I was tempted to ask if Maractus was a bunny as well, since it is based off a bunny ear cactus. But, with the flower rule, It's likely not a popular choice. If that wasn't a rule, I would so lobby for it to be a bunny. Funny, I never really realized it's bunny resemblance until I googled "bunny pokemon." It's really an interesting visual pun. Well, like always, I am passing on Maractus! Poor thing, I always want to use it, but then I remember I have Serperior, Lilligant, Whimsicott, Leavanny, and Sawsbuck to pick from. (Er, I guess I do have two of these grass pokes designated for my team. But still, three grasses would be overboard!

Spoiler:
Old March 1st, 2014 (06:16 PM).
Alli
kong

Again, the "gift that keeps on giving" Pokemon is a Pokemon that is given to you in the game by an NPC, however another challenger picks which gift you have to use.
paired to diddy

Old March 1st, 2014 (07:37 PM).
gio7sm
T0T4L N0OB

@Everlark: is it ok if I restart my run? my emulator and rom is broken since this morning... sorry if i caused any inconvenience...

Old March 1st, 2014 (08:10 PM).
Alli
kong

Quote:
@Everlark: is it ok if I restart my run? my emulator and rom is broken since this morning... sorry if i caused any inconvenience...
Of course! Sorry that happened to you. :(
paired to diddy

Old March 1st, 2014 (08:13 PM).
Puddle
Mission Complete✔

Quote originally posted by Everlark:

Of course! Sorry that happened to you.
What defines a Flower Pokemon? Just a Pokemon with some form of Flower? Like would Tropius be considered one? There needs to be a little list :3

Old March 1st, 2014 (08:23 PM). Edited March 1st, 2014 by The Dark Avenger.
The Dark Avenger
The Flyest Avenger

Quote originally posted by Puddle:
What defines a Flower Pokemon? Just a Pokemon with some form of Flower? Like would Tropius be considered one? There needs to be a little list :3
I'd consider any pokemon with a visible flower/flower design to be a flower-based pokemon, such as:
(not including some pre-evolutions)

venusaur, vileplume, victreebel, skiploom/jumpluff, bellossom, meganium, sunflora, roselia/roserade, cacnea, wormadam (grass cloak), cherrium, (shaymin), munna, lilligant, sawsbuck, maractus, florges

Let me know anyone if there are anymore.
Old March 1st, 2014 (08:56 PM). Edited March 21st, 2014 by Alli.
gio7sm
T0T4L N0OB

Of course! Sorry that happened to you. :(
Wow really? thanks so much! ill post my new application form later

Name: gio7sm

"He arose in three days."

"A season of giving." (Please no Treeko and Castform... please?)

"Eggcellent!"

"Roses are red."

"The gift that keeps on giving."

"Here comes Peter Cottontail!"

Old March 1st, 2014 (09:56 PM).
Alli
kong

Quote:
venusaur, vileplume, victreebel, skiploom/jumpluff, bellossom, meganium, sunflora, roselia/roserade, cacnea, wormadam (grass cloak), cherrim, (shaymin), lilligant, sawsbuck, maractus, florges
These are basically flowers, but I removed Munna since it's not a flower. I'll add this to the first post tomorrow after work.
paired to diddy

Old March 1st, 2014 (11:02 PM). Edited March 1st, 2014 by The Dark Avenger.
The Dark Avenger
The Flyest Avenger

These are basically flowers, but I removed Munna since it's not a flower. I'll add this to the first post tomorrow after work.
Yeah, that was the only one I was questionable of, since it isn't an organic flower, rather just a floral pattern. Makes sense.

________________________________________________________________________________

Second Badge

I love Roxie! I completely overlooked her Scolipede design incorporated into the guitar.

Team:
Spoiler:
April the Lv. 23 Azumarill

"Here comes peter rabbit"

Huge Power/Adamant

Aqua Tail
Return
Work Up
Charm

Pretty straightforward. I set up charm against grimer, took less than 7 HP of damage total after using work-up three times. Roxie's grimer disabled my work-up, but I just unleashed aqua tail on it for a OHKO. Whirlipede took two hits and fainted.

Old March 1st, 2014 (11:15 PM).
gio7sm
T0T4L N0OB

guys i need you to pick my "A season of giving." pokemon

Old March 2nd, 2014 (12:07 AM).
waveguidebuizel
no ordinary buizel

Quote originally posted by gio7sm:
guys i need you to pick my "A season of giving." pokemon
Seeing as you probably don't want your Azumarill to have Surf, Dive, and Waterfall at the same time, take Mudkip! :)

Also, I realize the confusion over my post about the Gallade thing. What I meant was "the gift that keeps on giving" would be Gallade with Natural Gift (a gift-giving move like Present or Helping Hand). Piplup (chosen by Everlark earlier) already fills the role of "a season of giving." Gallade isn't really a gift in this case; I was just acknowledging Puddle's gift in spirit. My fault, with my terrible wording and decision to mention the Gallade at this point. Sorry about that! >_<

Old March 2nd, 2014 (12:49 AM). Edited March 2nd, 2014 by Roxanne Rosie.
Roxanne Rosie
a fiery passion
Community Supporter

Nature: Gentle
Username: Roxanne Rosie
Game: Platinum

1. Magneton
2. Infernape!
3. Togepi!
4. Roserade
5. Azumarill
6. Lopunny!

so hype haven't play plat in ages

pairs!
wac!

Old March 2nd, 2014 (01:01 AM). Edited March 3rd, 2014 by AngelicPikachu.
AngelicPikachu
"We're Ready"

Nature: Quiet
For Roxanne Rose...take Infernape good luck

TEAM UPDATE
Spoiler:

TEAM NAMES: (in order left to right)
Kiali the Maril (f)/21/Bashful
Everlark the Roselia (f)/16/Hasty
PsyGirl the Espurr (f)/18/Mild
Nappers the Flareon (m)/19/Quirky
Gnarl the Doduo (m)/18/Rash

WHAT I AM DOING ATM:
1-
Added Doduo to the team, named him Gnarl...and decide to evolve Nappers into Flareon...at level 21 Kilai finally evolves to Marill
2-Leveling up team and preparing for 2nd Badge...got the Pokeflute and Espurr, named PsyGirl just took care of the Snorlax on the bridge...I forgot to capture a Budew back on route 4 yeah I'm a noob and forgetful
3-Just got a Roselia in horde battle since I'm Route 7 named her after Everlark *hope its ok, in honor of 6 years at PC
4-Just took care of Team Galaxy, will hopefully have 2 or 3 more badges in the next 24 hours

"NEVER TO OLD TO BE A GAMER"
Twitch: TrollShaman85 (It has to do with World of Warcraft)
Twitter: @UndeadPriest90
3DS FC: 1719/3604/8442 (Vallera/Fighting FS)
PM if u add me Plz and Ty
Old March 2nd, 2014 (01:31 AM). Edited March 3rd, 2014 by Ryanna Jameson.
Ryanna Jameson
(( and whisper my name as you do it ))
Community Supporter

Nature: Bold
Whoops I haven't posted yet my bad. :P Kinda wanted to actually get something done before talking haha.

Alyssa || Emerald

The Gift
Trevor - Blaze - No Item - Level 13
Scratch - Growl - Focus Energy - Ember

The Bun
Tierno - Thick Fat - No Item - Level 15
Tackle - Rollout - Tail Whip - Water Gun

Picked up my lovely little gift from Birch, did everything that was required of me and nothing more until I found Tierno, brought him back to level up from the trainers hanging around, did some grinding and got bored, ran through the forest and took out everyone on the way to the gym. Admittedly, I initially lost to Roxanne due to thinking Tierno could take one more hit than he could and her spamming potions on that damn Nosepass. But hey, exp. idc. Picked up the Quick Claw, got brushed off by Scott again. Currently running after the Devon Goods.

It's a legitimate struggle for me to keep Tierno two levels ahead of Trevor. I'm pretty OCD about having all my Pokémon be the same level and this. Is. Annoying. Syddyyy whyyyyy. ;____;
Pairs +
Family +
Nakama +
Signature +
Old March 2nd, 2014 (01:46 AM). Edited March 3rd, 2014 by Alli.
gio7sm
T0T4L N0OB

POKEMON RUBY CHALLEGG RUN (UPDATE #1)

CURRENT BADGES:

CURRENT TEAM STATUS:

Name: Sketch
LVL: 16
Moves: Tackle|Bide|Mud Shot|Water Gun
Role: "A season of giving." (given by waveguidebuizel)

Name: Makit
LVL:6
Moves: Tackle|Focus Energy|Sand Attack
Role: "Eggcellent!" (In game trade)

Role: HM Slave

POKEMON RUBY CHALLEGG RUN (UPDATE #2)

CURRENT BADGES:

CURRENT TEAM STATUS:

Name: Sketch
LVL: 18
Moves: Tackle|Bide|Mud Shot|Water Gun
Role: "A season of giving." (given by waveguidebuizel)

Name: Makit
LVL:15
Moves: Tackle|Focus Energy|Bulk Up|Vital Throw
Role: "Eggcellent!" (In game trade)

Role: HM Slave
Moves: Cut

Closed Thread
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links