The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Current Generation Pokémon Gaming > Pokémon X & Pokémon Y

Notices

Pokémon X & Pokémon Y The Kalos region awaits! Explore a new world, capture new Pokémon, and fight off Team Flare in the newest installment of the core Pokémon series.
X/Y Quick Q&A | X/Y Friend Code Sharing Thread

Advertise here

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old February 28th, 2014, 08:50 PM
Howmander

Nature: Adamant

Advertise here
It sounds like it might be like the spiky eared pichu. Have you tried trading it? It might be locked into the game it was found in like the pichu was
I'm looking for long term help from everybody! Now that Pokebank is out I would like to have one of every pokemon in boxes. Right now I'm only looking for Safari Pokemon and only Safari Pokemon that have their hidden abilities, however, I will gladly take ANY pokemon with their hidden abilities.

I definitely cannot offer you anything just because there are SO MANY pokemon to consider, all I would ask is that when you are in the Friend Safari, breeding or in other places where you can catch pokemon with their hidden abilities that you get just one more extra to pass to me please. Natures, Ivs, egg moves, none of them are important, I'm only looking for pokemon with their hidden abilities and basically whatever spares you have laying around. Thank you very much!
Old February 28th, 2014, 08:57 PM
Pinkie-Dawn
I Am Become Death

Nature: Quirky
Why do I have a feeling that this is going to be a planned event for the upcoming third version/sequels that can also be transferred to the vanilla versions via trading?
Old February 28th, 2014, 10:35 PM
Xerneas_X
Raven

Nature: Lonely
oh Arceus!!! Floette is powerful...

Floette @ 1:30

It One-Shot a Rotom-W.. i have a previous video on my youtube against that same rotom, and noone could put a scratch on it, barely chip away it's health but we ultimately lost, but today with AZ's Floette, it completely destroy that Rotom!!

That should tell you just how powerful it is... it's pretty much uber legendary-like in my opinion.

This was my Saved Battle Video from a Live Stream against x_optimus786 and whov1an over on their Twitch streaming accounts.

As of Feb 20th: 1500 Wins/264 losses, 85% Win Rate.
As of Feb 25th (2nd Playthrough): 150 Wins/0 losses, Undefeated, Challengers Beware!

Last edited by Xerneas_X; February 28th, 2014 at 10:44 PM.
Old March 1st, 2014, 01:45 AM
scprepschool

Sucks there is no evolutionary method yet/at all. Florges was one of my favorite from this gen, and would love to have seen it use the color scheme

you gotta know that I adore you
Old March 1st, 2014, 06:09 AM
Zekrom
not a genius tactician

Quote:
Originally Posted by sorrowdemonica View Post
oh Arceus!!! Floette is powerful...
I really wanna see the base stats on this thing...
Old March 1st, 2014, 07:10 AM
Xerneas_X
Raven

Quote:
Originally Posted by No Chance Without Zekrom View Post
I really wanna see the base stats on this thing...
To give you an idea:

Normal Floette Base Stat Totals: 371
AZ'S Floette Base Stat Totals: 551

Here's the potential max stats for a Normal Floette @ Level 100:
HP 312
atk 207
def 212
sp.atk 273
sp.def 324
speed 223

and here's the max stats for AZ's Floette @ Level 100:

HP: 352
Atk: 251
Def: 256
Sp.Atk: 383
Sp.Def: 390
Speed: 311

Also for good measue, here's Florges @ Level 100:

HP: 360
ATK: 251
DEF: 258
SP.ATK: 355
SP.DEF: 447
SPEED: 273

Compared to florges, they share about the same HP, defense, and atk is the same, but in Sp. Atk and Speed, AZ'S Floette surpasses Florges, while Florges surpasses in sp.def.

As of Feb 25th (2nd Playthrough): 150 Wins/0 losses, Undefeated, Challengers Beware!

Last edited by Xerneas_X; March 1st, 2014 at 08:51 AM.
Old March 1st, 2014, 10:21 AM
Jessie Mulay

Serebii has stats on it. It's a bit better than Florges IMO. Could be used as a Special Attacker.

http://serebii.net/pokedex-xy/670.shtml

Old March 1st, 2014, 10:35 AM
Xerneas_X
Raven

woot, i got a 6 IV modest AZ's Floette now, got it holding choice specs too!! it's an uber killer :D!!!

Old March 1st, 2014, 11:27 AM
Howmander

Quote:
woot, i got a 6 IV modest AZ's Floette now, got it holding choice specs too!! it's an uber killer :D!!!
What could I offer you for a modest version of that? ;-) (5iv without attack is fine too, lol!)
I'm looking for long term help from everybody! Now that Pokebank is out I would like to have one of every pokemon in boxes. Right now I'm only looking for Safari Pokemon and only Safari Pokemon that have their hidden abilities, however, I will gladly take ANY pokemon with their hidden abilities.

I definitely cannot offer you anything just because there are SO MANY pokemon to consider, all I would ask is that when you are in the Friend Safari, breeding or in other places where you can catch pokemon with their hidden abilities that you get just one more extra to pass to me please. Natures, Ivs, egg moves, none of them are important, I'm only looking for pokemon with their hidden abilities and basically whatever spares you have laying around. Thank you very much!
Old March 1st, 2014, 11:28 AM
Xerneas_X
Raven

Quote:
Originally Posted by Howmander View Post
What could I offer you for a modest version of that? ;-)
unfortunately it's untradable, else I'd clone the crap out of it and distribute them.

Old March 1st, 2014, 11:31 AM
Zekrom
not a genius tactician

Quote:
unfortunately it's untradable, else I'd clone the crap out of it and distribute them.
Any ideas on why its untradeable? I find it odd how in a game where one of the major focuses is trading that there's Pokemno you can't trade.
Old March 1st, 2014, 11:33 AM
Xerneas_X
Raven

Quote:
Any ideas on why its untradeable? I find it odd how in a game where one of the major focuses is trading that there's Pokemno you can't trade.
it's not officially release yet.. i am sure the trade block on the lati megastones, az's floette, diancie, etc will be lifted once gamefreak releases them.

Trade block just pretty much prevents people from distributing them to the masses before the official release..

Old March 1st, 2014, 11:33 AM
Howmander

Quote:
The spiky eared pichu was untradeable. It could Only exist in the game you got it in.

Old March 1st, 2014, 11:36 AM
Xerneas_X
Raven

Quote:
The spiky eared pichu was untradeable. It could Only exist in the game you got it in.
it's actually tradable, but it wont be with the spiky ear. it would turn into a normal pichu as the B/W generation games didn't code in support for the 2nd form.

Old March 1st, 2014, 11:37 AM
Zekrom
not a genius tactician

Quote:
it's not officially release yet.. i am sure the trade block on the lati megastones, az's floette, diancie, etc will be lifted once gamefreak releases them.

Trade block just pretty much prevents people from distributing them to the masses before the official release..
But wasn't the Spiky Eared Pichu untradeable, even when it was officially released? I'm not so sure that AZ's Floette is untradeable just because its not officially released yet...
Old March 1st, 2014, 11:50 AM
Howmander

Quote:
it's actually tradable, but it wont be with the spiky ear. it would turn into a normal pichu as the B/W generation games didn't code in support for the 2nd form.
Not according to bulbapedia: http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wi...ky-eared_Pichu "it wasn't tradeable outside heart gold or soul silver"

Old March 1st, 2014, 12:12 PM
Xerneas_X
Raven

Quote:
Not according to bulbapedia: http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wi...ky-eared_Pichu "it wasn't tradeable outside heart gold or soul silver"
*cough* there's ways ^.^ *cough*hack pass the NPCs who block you from trade*cough* that or turn puchu into a Pkm file with pokesav and inject it into a newer gen game using pokegts or whatever, both methods just end up turning into a normal pichu in the other games :<

Also you can see some Spiky-earred pichus on pokecheck on Gen 5 listings, it's form is indicated as Spiky-Earred, and it passes the legality check, but of course if you tried to transfer it into the game, it wont be spiky-eared :<
https://www.pokecheck.org/?p=search&...=9&fem=2&ver=8

Last edited by Xerneas_X; March 1st, 2014 at 12:22 PM.
Old March 1st, 2014, 02:58 PM
scprepschool

If they are making it a pseudo legendish they should have buffed up its physical defense. What use is it to outspeeding a physical attacking iron head or poison jab user

Old March 1st, 2014, 03:01 PM
Xerneas_X
Raven

Quote:
Originally Posted by scprepschool View Post
If they are making it a pseudo legendish they should have buffed up its physical defense. What use is it to outspeeding a physical attacking iron head or poison jab user
It one shots them before they can use said poison jab or iron head.. It can outspeed and oneshot Gliscor, Tentacruel, Metagross, and Mawile. only real threat is Scizor since it uses priority Bullet Punch. But also what you discover a lot is people don't know what Floette's typing is... I believe this is because it's never seen in battle, so they have no experience with it. They don't realize it's Fairy and I've had people's poison/steel move knowing Pokemon use flamethrower on it instead (I guess they thought it was grass type).

Old March 1st, 2014, 03:01 PM
Howmander

Quote:
*cough* there's ways ^.^ *cough*hack pass the NPCs who block you from trade*cough* that or turn puchu into a Pkm file with pokesav and inject it into a newer gen game using pokegts or whatever, both methods just end up turning into a normal pichu in the other games :<

Also you can see some Spiky-earred pichus on pokecheck on Gen 5 listings, it's form is indicated as Spiky-Earred, and it passes the legality check, but of course if you tried to transfer it into the game, it wont be spiky-eared :<
https://www.pokecheck.org/?p=search&...=9&fem=2&ver=8
You've been hacking games too long when THAT'S your defence. A normally obtained Spiky pichu cannot be traded under non hack circumstances. If a normally obtained Event floette can't be traded, hacking it is not a response, especially when it then turns into a normal version since that pokemon doesn't exist in the data of other games. No offender, but if hacking is going to be your reply to everything you need to start playing games without aid of external devices.

Old March 1st, 2014, 03:08 PM
Xerneas_X
Raven

Quote:
You've been hacking games too long when THAT'S your defence. A normally obtained Spiky pichu cannot be traded under non hack circumstances. If a normally obtained Event floette can't be traded, hacking it is not a response, especially when it then turns into a normal version since that pokemon doesn't exist in the data of other games. No offender, but if hacking is going to be your reply to everything you need to start playing games without aid of external devices.
you can actually bypass the NPCs without any aid of any external device. it's just a in-game glitch.. well just have to talk to the professor, go to location A, go do this, do that, return, then they think you don't have said pichu, and voila, tradable ! regardless glitching/hacking, it just that it can trade, but as i said, once it's traded it's just a normal pichu as it's not supported in the later gens

Old March 1st, 2014, 03:15 PM
scprepschool

Quote:
It one shots them before they can use said poison jab or iron head.. It can outspeed and oneshot Gliscor, Tentacruel, Metagross, and Mawile. only real threat is Scizor since it uses priority Bullet Punch. But also what you discover a lot is people don't know what Floette's typing is... I believe this is because it's never seen in battle, so they have no experience with it. They don't realize it's Fairy and I've had people's poison/steel move knowing Pokemon use flamethrower on it instead (I guess they thought it was grass type).
Ppl not knowing its type is not really a viable bonus to its set up though, however I can think of a ton of pkmn that could make work out of it, ferrothorn, excadrill, M venusaur, muk, cobalion, steelix, poison jab rapid ash, za goose, leavanny, escavelier, trevenant.. I'm pretty sure there are more unlikely killers, but those are one I can think of... and you say eviolite doesn't work?... maybe weakness policy could turn it to a sweeper, it would have to eat a sludge bomb/ flash cannon first though

Old March 1st, 2014, 03:23 PM
Xerneas_X
Raven

Quote:
Ppl not knowing its type is not really a viable bonus to its set up though, however I can think of a ton of pkmn that could make work out of it, ferrothorn, excadrill, M venusaur, muk, cobalion, steelix, poison jab rapid ash, za goose, leavanny, escavelier, trevenant.. I'm pretty sure there are more unlikely killers, but those are one I can think of... and you say eviolite doesn't work?... maybe weakness policy could turn it to a sweeper, it would have to eat a sludge bomb/ flash cannon first though
Venusaur, Excadrill, Muk, cobalion are outsped and oneshotted as well. only one that can potentially survive is ferrothorn in red.. steelix in yellow. and the rest you listed dont survive either :D! also it can be just my setup.. 6IV modest + 252ev in sp. atk which gives it a 383 sp.atk stat. plus it's holding choice specs and using it's OP 140 power light of ruin..

Old March 1st, 2014, 03:52 PM
scprepschool

Quote:
Venusaur, Excadrill, Muk, cobalion are outsped and oneshotted as well. only one that can potentially survive is ferrothorn in red.. steelix in yellow. and the rest you listed dont survive either :D! also it can be just my setup.. 6IV modest + 252ev in sp. atk which gives it a 383 sp.atk stat. plus it's holding choice specs and using it's OP 140 power light of ruin..
Not sure how it could one shot M venusaur, and excadrill with life orb in a sand storm will one hit poison jab it, it also has no moves to effectively deal with a poison jab rapidash, I could see it taking put a cobalion BC of its fighting type, I'm assuming that the venusaur and excadrill you tested it against were crappy natures and weren't ev'd? I mean... its sp.attack and speed are better than normal floette but it isn't anything super special

Old March 1st, 2014, 03:55 PM
Xerneas_X
Raven

Quote:
Not sure how it could one shot M venusaur, and excadrill with life orb in a sand storm will one hit poison jab it, it also has no moves to effectively deal with a poison jab rapidash, I could see it taking put a cobalion BC of its fighting type, I'm assuming that the venusaur and excadrill you tested it against were crappy natures and weren't ev'd? I mean... its sp.attack and speed are better than normal floette but it isn't anything super special

Playing with Pokemon Showdown's damage calculator.. using a Gardevoir as a standin for AZ's Floette since they share the same Sp.Atk stat at modest. and using Psycho Boost (140 psychic) as a stand in for Floette's light of ruin.. against steelix (who resist fairy and psychic), Steelix with 252 EVs in HP, Gardevoir/Floette will take away 72 - 85% of it's health.. if it Crits Steelix, it will be a guaranteed OHKO at 109.3 - 128.8%

considering that venusaur as slow as ♥♥♥♥ and isn't as resistant as steelix.. it shouldn't take a rocket scientist to know that it will die to a non-crit.. unfortunately there's no standin with a 140 move that can stand in to try against venusaur..

also against Excadrill who too resist Psychic/Fairy.. gardevoir/floette will Guarantee OHKO it at 151 - 177.6% loss of health.

Feel free to play around with the calculator yourself :) http://pokemonshowdown.com/damagecalc/

Last edited by Endless; March 1st, 2014 at 04:12 PM. Reason: bypassing censor
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links

Advertise here