Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Current Generation Pokémon Gaming > Challenges

Notices
For all updates, view the main page.

Challenges Play your Pokemon games in fresh new ways! Anything from The Monotype Challenge, to the popular Nuzlocke, and even all kinds of themes based on your favorite franchises!
New threads in this forum are to be approved by a moderator before they are displayed.

Old March 3rd, 2014 (04:37 PM). Edited October 7th, 2014 by Pendraflare.
Pendraflare
I'm definitely in my zone.
Community Supporter

Nature: Quiet
Send a message via Skype™ to Pendraflare
After Dark Leader Adam/Sairento Tamashii "left" the forums, I took over his running for the topic of the Wedlocke Challenge, a twist on the Nuzlocke Challenge. Credit goes to Marriland (YouTuber) for the creation of this challenge.

Rules:
Spoiler:
Again, credit goes to Marriland as these are basically C/P'd from his revised rules video:

1. Fainted Pokémon are considered dead.
  • Part of what makes Nuzlocke challenges so difficult is that fainted Pokémon must be forever removed from your party, since they are considered “dead” for storyline purposes.
  • They must be either released permanently, or, optionally, may be placed in a dedicated box in the PC.

2. You can only catch the first new Pokémon in any area.
  • Whenever you enter a new route or area, you’re only able to catch or receive the first Pokémon you encounter there.
  • Gender Clause: If you have 1, 3, or 5 Pokémon on your team, ignore any encounters that are of the gender you have the most of, e.g., if you have two males and one female, you ignore any male Pokémon encounters.
  • Dupes Clause: Ignore any encounters of Pokémon that you’ve already caught. They do not count as your encounter. It is recommended to count the entire evolution line towards Dupes Clause in a Wedlocke. You may also impose a limit of how many times Dupes Clause triggers, to avoid exploiting it in order to encounter rare Pokémon.

3. You must nickname all of your Pokémon.
  • This increases the bond you’ll have with your team and make your story that much more fun.
  • Of course, in the case of Wonderwedlockes in Pokémon X or Y, or in the case of traded Pokémon in-game, you have no control over this rule, but you should nickname anything you’re able to.

4. Your Pokémon are partnered together and fight in pairs.
  • Instead of treating your party as one team of six Pokémon, it is essentially three teams of two Pokémon - each team consisting of one male and one female Pokémon.
  • Pokémon are only paired while in your party; Pokémon in the PC are not paired and are used essentially as bonus Pokémon should any die.
  • “Lone wolf” Pokémon are ones in your party that do not yet have a partner. They must be paired as soon as possible, but can still fight on its own in battle, though cannot switch out during battle.
  • Each Pokémon can only battle alongside its partner in battle, e.g., you can only switch to the other Pokémon in the active pair during battle, not Pokémon from any other pair.
  • If one Pokémon in a pair dies, the survivor must either finish the fight on its own or suffer the same fate as its partner. If the surviving Pokémon makes it through the fight, it must be paired as soon as possible with an unpaired Pokémon in the party or PC. If none are available, it becomes a “lone wolf” until one is caught.
  • The Exp. Share item (pre-XY) is allowed, even if held by a Pokémon outside of the active pair, however, the “switch training” technique (i.e., leading with a weak Pokémon then switching to a strong one) cannot be used to train Pokémon from different pairs.
  • You cannot swap partners around. Once two Pokémon are paired, they’re paired for good, unless they die or are willingly released. You are still free to switch your active (front) pair with a different pair outside of battle, though, don’t worry!

5. You cannot deposit Pokémon to your PC.
  • To add to the challenge, Pokémon cannot be deposited to the PC.
  • The only way to withdraw Pokémon is to either have something die or to replace it for good.
  • Pokémon sent to the PC after being caught are not counted as being “deposited” by this rule, nor are they paired while inside of the PC.
  • If you need to make room for gift Pokémon or in-game trades, you may temporarily deposit a Pokémon to allow for this, though the new Pokémon is not considered in your party and must be deposited ASAP.
  • The use of HM Pokémon other than what’s in your party is prohibited, unless you REQUIRE an HM to proceed, in which case one may be used.

Other Questions:
Spoiler:
What happens if something uses Roar or Whirlwind?
  • If you’re in a battle and something uses Roar, Whirlwind, or a similar move forcing you to switch to a new pair, you now use the new pair as your active pair in battle.
  • However, this does not mean you can use Baton Pass or Volt Switch to switch to one of your other pairs; you’d still only be able to switch to that Pokémon’s partner.

What if a Pokémon dies in the middle of a Double Battle?
  • Let’s say you have male A and female A in a Double Battle. Female A dies and you need to send in a new Pokémon.
  • The best way to resolve this is to send out male B (or C) and have the two males fight alongside each other. Why? They’re not paired, but that way, if either dies, you send out female B (or C) to replace the fallen Pokémon and you’ll be guaranteed to still have a pair.

What do you do about Triple Battles?
  • Let’s say you have Pokémon A and B on a team and C and D on a team. You’d have to use A, B and C in a Triple Battle. If any of those three die, D MUST be sent out to replace the fallen Pokémon.

What about Rotation Battles?
  • They are essentially the same as Triple Battles as far as handling deaths go, except you are only able to rotate between the two Pokémon in the active pair. You can rotate between A and B, but not to C.
  • If A or B dies, you send out D. If that happens, though, you must rotate between C and D, since they’re the only valid pair.
  • If the male from A and B dies and the female from C and D dies (or vice versa), you’d pair the survivors from each pair on the spot, send out either Pokémon from E or F, and only rotate between, say, A and C. A and C would then be paired after the battle concludes.

What do I do about gift Pokémon?
  • If you need to receive a gift Pokémon, it is acceptable to deposit a Pokémon to your PC temporarily to pick it up, though this process should be done as quickly as possible, and the gift Pokémon is considered as being in your PC throughout the whole process.
  • If your team consists of 1, 3, or 5 Pokémon and you receive a gift Pokémon that is not of the gender that can pair with your lone wolf, you either treat it as a second lone wolf pairing or deposit it to your PC right away.

What about Pokémon that MUST be caught or received?
  • Things like Reshiram or Zekrom in BW, and Xerneas or Yveltal in XY, that absolutely must be caught in order to proceed through the game, even though they cannot normally be caught per the Wedlocke rules, are permitted to be caught, although they cannot be used.
  • These Pokémon should be sent to the PC and not used in any battles; if they absolutely must be used, spam stat moves until they die.

Optional Rules:
Spoiler:
A black out is game over.
You must change your battle style to SET.
You can only use the Poke Center a number of times per town.
You can only buy a certain number pokeballs per town.
You must only use Pokeballs to catch pokemon.
You cannot catch legendary pokemon.
You may not heal outside the use of Pokémon Centers and moves such as Softboiled.
You may not heal outside of healing items and moves such as Softboiled.
You may not heal outside of battle.
Make comics of your challenge and have fun! (strongly recommended).
Your Pokémon cannot exceed the highest level of the next Gym Leader, otherwise it cannot be used (either until that Gym Leader has been defeated, or permanently).

When is my challenge complete?
Spoiler:
Fire Red and Leaf Green - Defeat the Elite Four and your rival at the Pokémon League.
Gold, Silver, Crystal, Heart Gold and Soul Silver - Defeat Blue and get all 16 badges. OPTIONAL: Defeat Red at Mt. Silver.
Ruby and Sapphire - Defeat the Elite Four and Steven at the Pokémon League.
Emerald - Defeat the Elite Four and Wallace at the Pokémon League. OPTIONAL: Defeat Steven at Meteor Falls.
Diamond, Pearl and Platinum - Defeat the Elite Four and Cynthia at the Pokémon League.
Black and White - Defeat N and Ghetsis at N's Castle. OPTIONAL: Rematch Elite Four and Alder at the Pokémon League.
Black 2 and White 2 - Defeat the Elite Four and Iris at the Pokémon League. OPTIONAL: Defeat Cynthia at Undella Town.
X and Y - Defeat the Elite Four and Diantha at the Pokémon League. (And AZ, but you probably won't have any trouble with him anyway.)

Here is the application form:
Name:
Game:
Ultimate or Single?: (Ultimate = Doing one from every region. Example: Fire Red > Soul Silver > Ruby > Platinum > White 2 > X.)
Any optional rules?:

Here's mine, carried over from the previous thread:
Name: Crackle
Game: White
Ultimate or Single?: Single
Any optional rules: At no point outside of battle can my Pokémon's levels be higher than the highest level of the next Gym Leader, or Level 50 before entering the Elite Four. If ever they are, they can never be used again.

Single Challengers:
Spoiler:
Matzeho1996 - Platinum
DLA - Emerald
xXCrazyJXx - Eccentric Emerald
Puddle - Emerald
02 - Black
Arrow_Riddari - Black
AoTora - Fire Red (randomizer)
AngelicPikachu - Yet Another Fire Red Hack
MindGames74 - Fire Red
GucciMeme - Fire Red Omega
ChocolateTM - X (Wonder Trade)
Sairento Tamashii - White
jaepil1994 - Fire Red
AoTora - Blaze Black 2
Mega Mawile - Zeta
HappyWaffles9000 - Y

Single Champions:
Spoiler:
AoTora - FireRed, 16 deaths
Ruby (randomizer), 32 deaths
Pearl (randomizer), 38/39 (?) deaths
Stargazer - White, 6 deaths
White 2, 14 deaths - Challenge Mode, no bag items in battle, level limit
X, 10 deaths - No bag items in battle, level limit
Heart Gold, 13 deaths - Three healing items per pair in battle
Chevitille - Leaf Green, 15 deaths
Gold, 10 deaths at time of beating Blue

Ultimate Challengers:
Spoiler:
The_real_sammy - Fire Red, Gold, Ruby, Diamond, Black, X
Stargazer - Leaf Green, Heart Gold (complete sans Red), Ruby, Platinum, White 2 (COMPLETE), X (COMPLETE)
enigmaeffect - Red, Crystal, Ruby, Platinum, Black 2, Y
avocado - Fire Red, Heart Gold, Emerald, Platinum, White 2, X
Chevitille - Leaf Green (COMPLETE), Gold (COMPLETE), Sapphire, Diamond, Black

Ultimate Champions:
Spoiler:
None.
Old March 3rd, 2014 (05:34 PM).
Arrow_Riddari

Name: Arrow_Riddari
Game: Pokemon Black [following Marriland whoot]
Ultimate or Single?: Single [have no clue what an Ultimate Wedlocke is]
Any optional rules?: Evolution line dupes clause [5 trials], shiny clause, can choose between two double battle Pokemon in the dark grass, In game trade and gift Pokemon allowed, evolution trade allowed [no importing Pokemon from other games though], if game freezes to start from wherever last Save area was, starter based on ID, no buying healing/hold items at Pokemart [Poke-balls/Mail/Escape Rope/TMs are allowed], no using healing items either, and oh, level cap [14 for first gym, then 20, 23, 27, 31, 35, 39, 43, 45-55 Elite Four, 55 N, 60 Ghetsis, 68-75 Elite Four rematch, and 75-80 Alder]. Pinwheel Forest and Dragonspiral Tower counts as 2 encounters [outside and inside].

Update 1:
Spoiler:
I named myself as 'Hot' and became a girl. My ID ended with a 3, so I got a Snivy, named Deku [males are named after things from Zelda]. Deku was pretty cool. He easily beat Bianca and Cheren and I headed to Route 1. In Route 1, I ignored everything [no female Pokemon showed up anyways] and went to the whole Accumula Town Team Plasma thing. I battled N and won easily, and on Route 2, I got a female Purrloin, named Cattail [I wanted a Lillipup, and females are named after flowers and plants]. Well, I healed, and pitched Cattail against a male Lillipup on Route 2. The puppy used Tackle and got a Critical Hit on Cattail, OHKO-ing her. R.I.P. Cattail. I went to Route 1 to get my encounter there [I needed it, of course] and found a Patrat, named Petunia. Now, I am training Petunia and Deku together and praying that they don't die.

Pairing:
Spoiler:
Deku the Quiet, Often Lost in Thought, Male Snivy and Petunia the Naughty, Somewhat Stubborn, Female Patrat

Deaths:
Spoiler:
Cattail the Bashful, Mischievous, Female Purrloin level 4-4 I am sorry about your death. I wanted a Lillipup, but when I met you, I figured that Deku would like his kitty more. I wanted to make you strong, but ended up killing you in my foolishness. Deku lost his precious kitty thanks to me, but I know that you would want him to move on to Petunia now and that you will always be watching over him...

Will add more later.

Hi it is nice to meet you all. My name is Arrow. I am from Marriland and have come to make new friends. I am a girl [for all those who call me a guy... lol]. I like meeting new people and making new friends. So, hi :]!
Old March 6th, 2014 (08:09 PM).
Pendraflare
Community Supporter

White Wedlocke, Update #2

Spoiler:
So I saved the Munna in the Dreamyard from Team Plasma, then after getting the C-Gear, went up to Route 3.

Beat Cheren. I used the same Growl strategy on his Snivy with Growth.

So then I went to Wellspring Cave and chased down Team Plasma, beat their boring Patrats, and got my encounter, a female Roggenrola.

Sounds right. Then my encounter for Route 3 was a male Blitzle, which Chives almost killed with a critical hit Lick when it was low on health.

There. I beat the rest of the trainers, none of them were too memorable, except one trainer with a Pidove that got two critical hits on Swing but didn't kill me. Afterwards, I got to Nacrene City and did some stuff there before going to Pinwheel Forest.

Where my encounter was a Timburr that I named Credential. The trainers here were a bit trippy, but not too bad (except the Fighting-type trainers which I avoided since all my females are weak to them).

After some training everyone to Level 17 (and Swing evolving into Dewott), I swept N with Peppy. His Timburr was a little scary, but I OHKOed it with a Charged Shock Wave.

Once everyone was Level 19, I went into the Gym and beat the trainers. Then I got to 20, and took on Lenora.

Paralysis + Iron Defense + Hypnosis misses = very anticlimactic battle. So I got the Basic Badge, but then Team Plasma attacked the museum. After they left, I met with Burgh and got the Dowsing Machine from Bianca.

My encounter for Pinwheel Forest was a male Pidove which I named Angry Bird. Afterward, I went through the forest and got Team Plasma out of there before taking Skyarrow Bridge into Castelia City. I got some nice items there.

Also went to Route 4 and got a male Sandile which I named Blinky.

Sadly, this Trubbish trolled me so hard. Hit with DoubleSlap five times then breaks through Charge and kills me with a critical hit.

I replaced Peppy with Credential, my new Timburr.

Then I went through with Burgh, Bianca and Iris and got Team Plasbad out of the city. I trained everyone around Level 22, then used a Fire Stone to evolve Chives into Pansear. I breezed through the Gym Trainers; they didn't land a single hit on me.

As for the Gym battle, the only thing to cause me any real concern was Dwebble because of Struggle Bug. I got it to sleep and switched in Entendre to give a light hit with Pursuit, but it immediately woke up as I switched in Chives and lowered my Sp Atk with Struggle Bug. So I had to switch in Entendre AGAIN. Other than that, it was easy.

I got the Insect Badge and left.

So here's my team:
Spoiler:

Paired with:
Paired with:
Paired with:

RIP:
Spoiler:

Blitzle (M) "Peppy", Level 8-21
Caught at: Route 3
Cause of death: Critical hit Sludge from Janitor Geoff's Trubbish while at 34/54 HP and +1 Sp Def.

Long update is long, but there we go.
Old March 16th, 2014 (11:32 AM).
AoTora

Nature: Calm
Since I failed Manly Pink Wedlocke because I blacked out here is the new sign-up:

Name: AoTora
Game: FireRed Randomizer - if it's allowed - if not Ruby.
Any optional rules?: Nickname everything, Blackout is game over.

Do what you believe in and believe in what you do. All else is a waste of energy and time ~ Nisargadatta.

Love is the only power that can change an enemy into a friend. ~ Martin Luther King.

I am a fan of Criminal Minds, Crossing Jordan and some other series. I am also Harry Potter fan and Disney fan (I love Frozen!) - I also like other animes beside Pokemon.
Old March 17th, 2014 (03:32 AM). Edited March 17th, 2014 by AngelicPikachu.
AngelicPikachu
"We're Ready"

Name: AngelicPikachu
Game: YAFRH
Ultimate or Single?: Single For the moment (may go ultimite after bit)
Any optional rules?: Nickname everything! Starter based last number on Trainer ID! (1/4/7-1st Poke'ball) (2/5/8-2nd Poke'ball) (3/6/9 3rd Poke'ball) (0-Free Pick)

"NEVER TO OLD TO BE A GAMER"
Twitch: TrollShaman85 (It has to do with World of Warcraft)
Twitter: @UndeadPriest90
3DS FC: 1719/3604/8442 (Vallera/Fighting FS)
PM if u add me Plz and Ty
Old March 17th, 2014 (06:40 AM).
Pendraflare
Community Supporter

Well, haven't really had much of a chance to update this lately because of how slow the thread is, but guess i'll fill in what i've accomplished in the long wait between posts. I don't think I need to use many screens right now, however.

Spoiler:
My catches since have been:
Desert Resort - Maractus named Tango.
Relic Castle - Yamask named Phantomile.
Route 16 - Trubbish named Flemish.
Lostlorn Forest - Venipede named Intoxicate.
Route 5 - Solosis named Metamorph.
Nacrene City - Revived Archen and named it Predator.
Driftveil Drawbridge - Ducklett named Flutter.
Route 6 - Swadloon named Knife.
Cold Storage - Herdier named Nessie.
Chargestone Cave - Joltik named Beatbug.
Route 7 - Deerling named Arin.
Celestial Tower - Litwick named Flicker.
Twist Mountain - Drilbur named Shifty.
Driftveil City - Frillish named Ursula.
Mistralton Cave - Woobat named Heartkillr.
Icirrus City - Palpitoad which I forget the name of.
Route 8 - Stunfisk named Buffoon.
Outer Dragonspiral Tower - Mienfoo named Kung Pao.

Gym battles:
Elesa: Limestone used Smack Down on her Emolgas, and I did get lucky against her Zebstrika by hitting her three times with Rock Blast at one point.
Clay: Maroon barely failed to kill his Krokorok in one hit with Return, then he used Bulldoze. Since he was faster he used Swagger, and I eventually nearly died from confusion, but I hit through it with 11 HP. Palpitoad I used Swing against, and Grass Knot 2HKOed him while all he did was Aqua Ring then Muddy Water for a pathetic 1/8 my health. Excadrill I did enough to 2HKO with Razor Shell, but he used Hone Claws and flinched me with Rock Slide. He used Bulldoze which did half, then Rock Slide I lived with 3 HP (!!!!!) and finished him with Revenge.
Skyla: Her Swoobat was easy for Chives since she only used Amnesia, and Rock Tomb/Bite were easy 2HKOs. Swanna I had to survive a BubbleBeam from and use Yawn. Rock Tomb did enough to 2HKO, but I missed with one hit although she thankfully stayed asleep. Then for Unfezant I recall using Yawn, then she readied Razor Wind, I healed and she knocked me below 1/3 with a critical hit, then Rock Tomb did less than half but Flame Burst finished her off.
Brycen: Vanillish was an easy OHKO for Credential's Brick Break, but he used Mirror Shot, got a critical hit which did 1/3 and lowered my accuracy. For Beartic, I switched out to Limestone, and almost killed him with Rock Slide, but he used Brine and did 1/3. While he healed, I used Bulldoze to lower his Speed, which allowed me to bring in Credential again and, after taking another Brine for 1/5, kill him with Low Kick. Cryogonal did half my remaining health with Aurora Beam AND lowed my Attack, but Low Kick still killed him.

Deaths:
Entendre (Liepard) - Died to Scald from Cheren's Simipour in the rain at Twist Mountain after Grass Knot only did a little over half his health.
Chives (Simisear) - Died immediately afterward due to leaving him with like 10% HP.

I replaced them with Beatbug and Flicker.

Here's my team:
Spoiler:
Paired with:

Paired with:

Paired with:

RIP:
Spoiler:
Paired with: Limestone
Cause of death: Critical hit Sludge from Janitor Geoff's Trubbish while at 34/54 HP and +1 Sp Def.

Liepard (F) "Entendre", Level 4-35
Caught at: Route 2
Paired with: Chives
Cause of death: Scald from Cheren's Simipour at Twist Mountain while at 1 HP and after only doing around 60% with Grass Knot.

Simisear (M) "Chives", Level 10-36
Caught at: Dreamyard
Paired with: Entendre
Cause of death: Died immediately afterward upon a failed attempt at finishing off Cheren's Simipour with Bite.

Well that's what i've done so far. I should have this over with before too long.
Old March 17th, 2014 (09:36 AM).
Kingdom of Tea
What you lookin' at?
Community Supporter

Nature: Adamant
Thanks for taking this challenge, I completely forgot about it when I left, Glad to see someone enjoy the wedlocke style challenge :p
Pair(s) | Sig Credit | Completed Challenges
Old March 19th, 2014 (03:12 PM).
Pendraflare
Community Supporter

Quote originally posted by Sairento Tamashii:
Thanks for taking this challenge, I completely forgot about it when I left, Glad to see someone enjoy the wedlocke style challenge :p
No problem. I asked in the Leave/Return/Account switch thread but you must not have caught it, no worries though. I do thoroughly enjoy it, so I don't mind. :)

As for my progress, all i've done since the last post was get through Dragonspiral Tower and the Relic Castle then get the Dark Stone from Alder and Juniper at the museum. I still have Bianca to fight on Route 8, which does worry me a little...and then there's Iris, who might be a hassle. Oh boy.
Old March 20th, 2014 (02:24 PM).
AngelicPikachu
"We're Ready"

@ Cracle

Oh I should just wrote it out...I'm sorry

Yet Another Fire Red Hack *YAFRH

"NEVER TO OLD TO BE A GAMER"
Twitch: TrollShaman85 (It has to do with World of Warcraft)
Twitter: @UndeadPriest90
3DS FC: 1719/3604/8442 (Vallera/Fighting FS)
PM if u add me Plz and Ty
Old March 20th, 2014 (05:05 PM).
MindGames74

Name:MindGames74
Game: Pokemon Fire Red
Any optional rules:In the event I black out my Pokemon are "protected from further harm" and can make it to the center on time and can save them from death. Also if there is a lone survivor from a battle his/her partner can survive as well. This is because this is my first "locke". I Would do a regular Nuzlocke but I much prefer the story aspect of the wedlocke
Old March 21st, 2014 (10:42 AM).
Pendraflare
Community Supporter

Alright, added you.

Here's my progress since my last post:
Spoiler:
Encounters:
Moor of Icirrus - No catch, due to getting five duplicates.
Route 9 - Pawniard named Slasher.
Route 10 - Bouffalant named Afro Jocky.
Victory Road - A Deino, which I killed on purpose.

Important battles:
Iris - With a Black Belt in hand (that I stole from a wild Throh), Credential was able to sweep her entire team after one Bulk Up. Fraxure died to a Brick Break after she tried to use Dragon Dance twice, then Druddigon and Haxorus were downed by one Low Kick, the latter also trying to use Dragon Dance.
Final battle against Cheren on Route 10 - Beatbug slammed all his guys in one hit except Serperior, where I tried to let Flicker in, and things got a bit scary when he barely lived my Flame Burst, then I used Toxic expecting him to heal. But Leaf Blade did half because of Overgrow, which was scary so I healed twice, thankfully no crits.

After those were done, I went through the trainers on Route 10 and Victory Road. There were a few scary trainers, and a bit of hax to go around, but I somehow made it through without losing anyone. I did skip the Black Belt in there though, mostly because Fighting-type trainers are really scary. Ugh, not looking forward to Marshal. God, how do I still have half my original six at this point?!

Here's my team:
Spoiler:
Paired with:

Paired with:

Paired with:

RIP:
Spoiler:

Cause of death: Scald from Cheren's Simipour at Twist Mountain while at 1 HP and after only doing around 60% with Grass Knot.

Cause of death: Died immediately afterward upon a failed attempt at finishing off Cheren's Simipour with Bite.
Old March 21st, 2014 (03:32 PM).
MindGames74

Lets start our Fire Red adventure!

Progress
Spoiler:
Jeff starts his adventure by trying to wander into the tall grass with one goal in mind: Break the curse that has caused his family's Pokemon die after fainting. Professor Oak stops him in his path and made him realize how stupid he was being.
Jeff receives his first Pokemon: A gentle Squirtle named Oshus. Oshus proceeded to annihilate Blue's Bulbasaur in the Oak Research Laboratory.
On Route One Jeff meets a lonely Rattata named Ciela who fell head over heels for Oshus.
Jeff now believes he'll find the answers about his curse at the Kanto League. On his way he finds Mankey named Dixie Kong. He then battles Blue who alerts him that unless he has eight of the Kanto League badges, he cannot go to the Kanto League

Team/Pairings
Spoiler:
NAMING THEME:
Video Game characters (NPC and playable)

Oshus, a male Squirtle at level 9 X Ciela, a female Rattata at level five
Dixie Kong, a female Mankey at level 2.

Deaths
Spoiler:
None thus far
Old March 22nd, 2014 (01:09 PM).
The_epic_Sammy

Name: The_epic_Sammy
Game: fire Red, Gold, Ruby , Diamond, black, x
Ultimate or Single?: ultimate
Any optional rules?: Can hack for trade evolutions only
Old March 23rd, 2014 (05:30 PM). Edited March 31st, 2014 by Pendraflare.
Pendraflare
Community Supporter

Ooooooh, we have an Ultimate Challenger here. Awesome, I am seriously contemplating doing an Ultimate soon myself. B)

As for me...
White Wedlocke - Semi-Finale

Spoiler:
New catches:
Dragonspiral Tower (inner) - Druddigon named Destiny.

After that, I trained everyone to Level 50, which was my level limit before entering the Elite Four. Here was how they turned out!

Caitlin - Reuniclus was an easy OHKO for Flicker's Shadow Ball. Musharna survived with 1 HP then did half to me with her Shadow Ball, but her Special Defense was lowered so I OHKOed her with the next one. Sigilyph was slammed by Beatbug's Thunderbolt, and Gothitelle was surprisingly killed in one hit by Flicker's Shadow Ball.
Shauntal - Cofagrigus and Golurk were easy OHKOs by Flicker's Shadow Ball, especially with Spell Tag backing. For Jellicent, I brought in Beatbug and used Charge Beam as to avoid having Thunderbolt disabled by Cursed Body. It did less than half and got the boost, then she used Surf for less than half. One more Charge Beam and she was dead, but not without Cursed Body disabling it.
Marshal - I started with Limestone lowering his Throh's accuracy with Sand-Attack, then I brought in Credential, who had the Rocky Helmet, and setting up some Bulk Ups. After I got to +4, I healed with a Hyper Potion, then I easily killed him with Low Kick before his other three died accordingly (Sawk after Rocky Helmet killed his Sturdy).
Grimsley - THIS, however, was a fight. My Samurott hit through Scrafty's Sand-Attack and burned him with Scald, then barely took anything from Crunch (except a Defense drop) and killed him with Surf. Then, when Krookodile came in I brought in Maroon, who had the BrightPowder, and lowered his accuracy with Flash, then he missed four attacks in a row! I even got him to -2 accuracy, but once he hit with Earthquake I switched for Swing, who took enough to die from another hit, so I used a Moomoo Milk and he missed two more times, allowing me to kill him from 2/3 HP with Surf. Bisharp, however, was where things got crazy. I brought in Maroon, and tried to use Low Kick...but he barely lived and killed her with Night Slash. So I brought in Swing, who, after he healed, 2HKOed Bisharp with Scald and took 1/3 from Night Slash. Then Liepard came out and almost became an annoyance with Attract, but a Torrent-boosted Scald (after Fake Out, then Night Slash doing 1/4) killed him in one hit.

Oh boy...I lost Maroon, our very first Pokémon captured, but I did NOT think she would last that long. She fought so well, and without those accuracy drops this would have been a LOT gnarlier.

Anyway, I headed to the Champion's room, but Alder was defeated and N summoned his castle, you all know what happens next. But we'll take on the final battles next time, after I find a replacement for Maroon, oh man.

So here's my team:
Spoiler:
Not paired with anything at the moment.

Paired with:

Paired with:

RIP:
Spoiler:

Watchog (F) "Maroon", Level 2-50
Caught at: Route 1
Paired with: Swing
Cause of death: Night Slash from Grimsley's Bisharp while at 53/134 HP after a failed attempt at killing it with Low Kick.

So I just have N and Ghetsis left...gulp. (Unless I decide to do the post-game and rematch the Elite Four and Alder, which I don't know if I will or not.)

EDIT:

White Wedlocke - Finale

I beat N and Ghetsis. Here was how it turned out:
Spoiler:
First, I chose Kung Pao, my Mienfoo, to replace Maroon. I trained her up to Level 52, as did I the rest of my team.

Then, I used the Master Ball on Zekrom, and battled N. I used Limestone and Credential against him, and had Limestone use Toxic against Reshiram and set up Stealth Rock, then stalled him out with Protect, although he did use a Full Restore.
Zoroark and Klinklang both died to Low Kick from Credential.
For Vanilluxe, I had to switch out since Credential was low on health AND my Special Defense was lowered. He only used Hail, but I hit with Rock Slide and killed him.
Then Carracosta, who after I healed up Credential on, killed with Hammer Arm (Sturdy notwithstanding thanks to Stealth Rock chipping off his health).
Lastly, Archeops, who I (jerkishly) stalled out of Stone Edges until he missed then used Limestone's Rock Slide to kill him.

Then we had Ghetsis. For Cofagrigus, I used Limestone's Toxic against him, set up Stealth Rock, healed his Toxic damage and got him to the point where Toxic killed him. He missed with Shadow Ball at one point because I had BrightPowder, haha.
After that was his ace, Hydreigon. I brought in Credential, and the Quick Claw activated and I killed him in one hit (well, after Stealth Rock) with Low Kick. I was cheering so excitedly over that. :D
Next up was, surprisingly, Bouffalant, who did less than half with Head Charge and about 22% of his health in recoil before I killed him with Low Kick.
Eelektross was afterward, and I used Limestone's Toxic and Protect, but Toxic barely failed to kill him and he used his Full Restore, then I Toxic'd him again. However, he barely lived with a sliver of health, and I refused to heal, so Limestone died to Crunch, but not without him dying to Toxic.
Afterward was Seismitoad, who took a bit over half from Credential's Low Kick, but he used Rain Dance then killed me with Muddy Water. I brought in Kung Pao and stalled the rain with Fake Out, then brought in Swing, avoiding a Muddy Water, and taking less than half from Earthquake before killing him with Grass Knot.
Bisharp was last, and died to one Drain Punch from Kung Pao, wrapping this all up.

And that's that! I don't think i'll rematch the Elite Four and challenge Alder, MAYBE, but not likely.

Final team: (No screenshots because I haven't taken them and I don't have my capture 3DS with me at the moment.)
Spoiler:
Samurott (M) "Swing", Level 5-52
Nature: Relaxed
Obtained at: Nuvema Town
Moves: Grass Knot, Revenge, Scald, Surf
Paired with:
Mienshao (F) "Kung Pao", Level 31-52
Nature: Modest
Obtained at: Dragonspiral Tower (outer)
Ability: Inner Focus
Moves: Drain Punch, Fake Out, Grass Knot, Jump Kick

Galvantula (F) "Beatbug", Level 24-52
Nature: Quirky
Obtained at: Chargestone Cave
Ability: Compoundeyes
Moves: Light Screen, Signal Beam, Thunder Wave, Thunderbolt
Paired with:
Chandelure (M) "Flicker", Level 26-52
Nature: Lonely
Obtained at: Celestial Tower
Ability: Flash Fire
Moves: Flame Burst, Protect, Shadow Ball, Toxic

RIP:
Spoiler:

Watchog (F) "Maroon", Level 2-50
Caught at: Route 1
Paired with: Swing
Cause of death: Night Slash from Grimsley's Bisharp while at 53/134 HP after a failed attempt at killing it with Low Kick.

Gigalith (F) "Limestone", Level 11-53
Caught at: Wellspring Cave
Paired with: Peppy, Credential
Cause of death: Crunch from Ghetsis' Eelektross while at 16/172 HP, but not without him dying to Toxic.

Conkeldurr (M) "Credential", Level 14-53
Caught at: Pinwheel Forest (outer)
Cause of death: Muddy Water from Ghetsis' Seismitoad while at 94/182 HP in the rain.

Well, that's all taken care of! I'll definitely be doing an Ultimate later, but not at the moment.
Old April 23rd, 2014 (10:34 AM).
Pendraflare
Community Supporter

Wow, people. A month and no posts? I’m disappointed. Time to really YOLOSWAG it!

Username: Crackle
Game: White 2
Any optional rules: Challenge Mode.
You may not use any items from the bag in battle. Outside of battle is fine, though.
At no point can my Pokémon’s levels exceed the highest level of the next Gym Leader. If ever they are, they can never be used again.

Spoiler:
So I started the game, chose the girl and named her Youmna, and named my rival Luke.

Starter: My ID No. was 16123, so a Snivy named Lacerta.
Route 19: A female Purrloin named Octant.
Route 20: A female Patrat named Horologium.
Floccesy Ranch: A male Psyduck named Pisces that was paired with Horologium.

But during training, Horologium died to a critical hit Scratch from a higher level Purrloin while she was at 7/16 HP. Luke’s Tepig wasn’t any concern though; Pisces killed it in two hits with Water Gun.

Nevertheless, I went in against Cheren while my main pair was both Level 14, and kept using Octant’s Growl until his Patrat was at -3 Defense, then I brought in Lacerta and used Growth four times, then swept him, but it was close. His Pidove survived a Tackle and knocked me from 12 to 3 HP with a +1 Quick Attack, but it worked out.

Virbank Complex: A female Growlithe named CanisMajor that was paired with Pisces.

Against Roxie, Pisces beat her Koffing to the punch with some Confusion hits despite only having 21/51 HP afterward. Grimer Disabled my Confusion but I killed her with a critical hit Water Pulse afterward. Then for Whirlipede, CanisMajor knocked her low, but I was slower and thanks to her Sitrus Berry she lived two hits and killed me with a critical hit right when I would have beat her. =( Pisces was faster and finished her with Confusion, thankfully.

Castelia Sewers: A female Zubat named Andromeda that was paired with Pisces.
Castelia Garden: A female Pidove named Grus.
Route 4: A male Minccino named Libra, but I released it because I had NOTHING for Elesa coming up and would have been hard pressed against her otherwise.
Relic Passage: A male Drilbur named Mensa that was paired with Grus.

Burgh was nothing worth writing home about. Pisces 2HKOed his Dwebble with Water Pulse, and Andromeda (as a Crobat) creamed his other Pokémon with ease.

Route 16: A male Solosis named Pictor.
Lostlorn Forest: A female Venipede named Triangulum.
Desert Resort: A female Sigilyph named Ara.
Relic Castle: A male Sandshrew named Auriga.
Route 5’s Hidden Grotto: A male Minccino named Libra II.
Route 5: Nothing, found a Liepard, a Solosis, then two duos of Solosis, so I ran my Dupes Clause encounters out.

Elesa was just as weak; my Excadrill slammed everything of hers while Zebstrika only used Pursuit against me for 8 damage.

Driftveil Drawbridge: A female Ducklett named Cygnus.
Driftveil City: Got N’s Zorua from Rood.
Route 6: A female Swadloon named Caelum.
Chargestone Cave: A female Joltik named Circinus.

For Clay, all I really had to do was lower Krokorok’s Attack with Octant’s Growl, then after beating that and Onix with ease thanks to Lacerta (who was evolved into Serperior), I set up a Coil against Sandslash and beat that easily, then Excadrill was taken care of by Leech Seed despite me being slowed down from Bulldoze.

However, after taking care of the PWT and the Plasma Frigate, Octant died against a Backpacker’s Sandslash in the Relic Passage. It used Sand Tomb after I used Growl, critical hit and I couldn’t switch out, then it used Dig and I was dead. So I replaced her with Circinus the Joltik.

So here’s my team:

RIP:
Spoiler:
Patrat (F) “Horologium”, Level 3
Obtained at: Route 19
Cause of death: Critical hit Scratch from a wild Purrloin on Route 19 while at 7/16 HP.

Growlithe (F) “CanisMajor”, Level 11-19
Obtained at: Virbank Complex
Cause of death: Critical hit Venoshock from Roxie’s Whirlipede while at 19/51 HP.

Liepard (F) “Octant”, Level 4-34
Cause of death: Dig from Backpacker Eileen’s Sandslash in the Relic Passage while below 1/3 health.

Additionally...
Username: Crackle
Games: Leaf Green, Crystal, Ruby, Platinum, White (DONE), X
Ultimate or Single?: Ultimate
Any optional rules: All: At no point can my Pokémon’s levels exceed the highest level of the next Gym Leader (or before entering the Elite Four: 58 for Leaf Green, 47 for Crystal, 55 for Ruby, 60 for Platinum, or 65 for X). If ever they are, they can never be used again. (This will not apply to Kanto in Crystal, however.) EXCEPTION: Any challenge I decide to do “must complete in one sitting” on.
Old April 23rd, 2014 (12:13 PM).
AoTora

Nature: Calm
Completed it on Ruby randomizer ~ Gosh it was so hard >_< Especially when my game decided to randomly start freezing through the elite 4 - I beat first one - saved but my save state wouldn't work - it froze - and I had to battle it again - and that happened with every single elite 4 member A lot of deaths aswell D:

Anyways ~
Deaths: 32 D: Most of them happened thanks to stupid crits >_< The most devastating oens were probably Altaria and Charizard ~ I lost Charizard to Blizzard and crit and I lost Altaria to Dragon Claw ~ while she was paralyzed - and that stupid flygon? (Forgot which one killed her D got crit aswell

Hall of fame:
Spoiler:

Final team:

FIRST PAIR:

Doll|Male|Impish Nature|Insomnia|Lvl 61|@Scope Lens
Faint Attack
Thunder
Night Shade
Shadow Ball

Blue|Female|Sassy Nature|Water Veil|Lvl 60|@Mystic Water
Surf
Waterfall
Water Spout
Hydro Pump

Second Pair:

Lucky|Female|Jolly Nature|Swarm|@Scope Lens
Thunderbolt
Reflect
Light Screen
Drill Peck

Bolt|Male|Docile Nature|Volt Absorb|Lvl 61|@Magnet
Pin Missile
Double Kick
Thunder
Crunch

New sign-up:

Username: AoTora
Games: Pearl Randomizer
Any optional rules: °Must nickname everything
°Dupes and shiny clause (Dupes clause is off for eeveelutions though ~ I am gonna catch them even if I already have one of them)

Do what you believe in and believe in what you do. All else is a waste of energy and time ~ Nisargadatta.

Love is the only power that can change an enemy into a friend. ~ Martin Luther King.

I am a fan of Criminal Minds, Crossing Jordan and some other series. I am also Harry Potter fan and Disney fan (I love Frozen!) - I also like other animes beside Pokemon.
Old April 23rd, 2014 (08:20 PM).
Someday
Behold, my internet "persona"!

Username: GucciMeme
Game: FireRed Omega (Drayano's 386 and difficulty hack)
Challenge type: Single, but I might do another depending on my satisfaction with this Challenge.

"Just trying to find a way out to a city so big
That it is bound to keep your secret."
TWIABP-Heartbeat In The Brain
Old April 23rd, 2014 (10:30 PM).
Chocolate™
Awesome Dragon

I've decided to do a Wonder Wedlocke:

Name: Eleck.
Game: X.
Ultimate or Single?: Single.
Any optional rules?:

Any pokemon that you catch should be WonderTraded away. (with the exception of Snorlax and the forced Pidgey encounter.

Any shiny that you catch may not be Wonder Traded away but cannot be used.

If you get the same pokemon from Wonder Trade again then it must be WTed away.
Old April 27th, 2014 (02:46 PM). Edited April 27th, 2014 by Astinus.
Someday
Behold, my internet "persona"!

First update for FireRed Omega!

Spoiler:

Chose Elekid as a starter, paired with a wild Ponyta.
Most importantly for my second squad, I found a wild Mankey that knew Low Kick.
Mankey's partners became unimportant as they perished after Brock.

BROCK (Badge #1)
I was faced with a Challenge right from the start, and one I was not sure I could take on. Brock had a really balanced team in this hack, including a Vulpix. However, my Mankey was the temporary star of the team, and his sacrifice was needed to move on to the next part of the game.

GARY
The Rival Fight after Mt. Moon in Cerulean was a true throwdown; it seemed that I was bringing Pokemon out for their pending deaths. The ones that made it out alive were Shroomish, Ekans, and Larvitar, which meant I needed a partner for Larvitar.

Once Gary was finished, I rebuilt the core of my team with new additions Taillow and Totodile. I grinded Taillow and Shroomish to their final forms, then caught a Tangela to match with Totodile and help against Misty.

MISTY (Badge #2)
I had my sparkly new Tangela lead against Misty, and I knew it was about to die. It took out three of Misty's Pokemon before it finally fell. Breloom did mop work, defeating Starmie, Togetic, and Seadra. Swellow was my switch-out option, whose Wing Attack softened some of her Pokemon up.

THE CURRENT TEAM
Spoiler:

*Tango the Tangela is dead, so a new replacement is needed. Totodile is dead by default as it is her partner.

I HAVE to Double-post here, because I just blackes out against Surge, so I'm pulling out. FireRed Omega is harder than I remember...

"Just trying to find a way out to a city so big
That it is bound to keep your secret."
TWIABP-Heartbeat In The Brain
Old May 9th, 2014 (12:49 PM). Edited May 9th, 2014 by Kingdom of Tea.
Kingdom of Tea
What you lookin' at?
Community Supporter

Doing a Wedlocke on my actual white version, Simple rules and I have decided not to nickname my pokemon, I know it's usually a recommended thing but I couldn't be bothered to do that.

Just beat the first gym and currently in the dreamyard.

Badges: 1/8

Box: 0

Deaths: 0

Team:

Pair 1:

Level 12 - Rash - Blaze
Tackle - Ember - Tail whip - Odor Sleuth

Level 11 - Jolly - Keen Eye
Bite - Tackle - Leer - Detect

Made an error with My second pair both of them were male good thing I didn't use em for the gym battle.
Pair(s) | Sig Credit | Completed Challenges
Old May 9th, 2014 (06:44 PM).
Pendraflare
Community Supporter

Well been a long time since I returned to this thread, been documenting this on Marriland but may as well post this for my White 2 run.

I went through Chargestone Cave and made it into Mistralton City.

Spoiler:
Route 7: A male Zebstrika named Centaurus, but it killed Mensa.

I then paired Grus with Libra II, my HA Minccino. I got it to evolve into a Cinccino with a Shiny Stone.

Celestial Tower: A male Litwick named Fornax.

For Skyla, I used Grus who beat that Swoobat rather easily thanks to a strong STAB Return. Swanna and Sigilyph were downed in one 5-hit from Libra II's Rock Blast. For Skarmory, I paralyzed it with Libra II's Thunder Wave, caught it on Agility and Encored it into that. I crippled it with some Tickles.

I then went to Lentimas Town through Skyla's plane.

Reversal Mountain (outer): A male Vibrava named Musca. Also, this thing nearly killed both Pisces AND Andromeda.
Strange House: Nothing, ran into two Golbat, a Solosis and a Duosion.
Reversal Mountain (inner): A male Boldore named Sagitta.
Undella Town: Nothing, ran into a female Jellicent and three Frillish.
Undella Bay: A male Spheal named Capricrnus.
Route 6 Hidden Grotto: A female Woobat named Apus.
Mistralton Cave: A male Aron named Hercules.
Guidance Chamber: A male Axew named Draco.
Route 14: A female Mienfoo named Lepus

I beat Luke, he was pretty easy for Libra II and Grus. Not gonna comment on him.

Route 13: A male Absol named Crux.

However, an Ace Trainer on Route 13 had an Eelektrik that killed Pisces because it paralyzed me with Discharge. So I replaced him with Auriga, my Sandshrew. It evolved into a Sandslash quickly.

Route 12: A female Combee, which I killed. F*** COMBEE!!!
Village Bridge: A male Seviper named Serpens.
Route 11: A male Zangoose named Lupus.
Route 9: A female Pawniard named Corona.
Route 7's Hidden Grotto: A male Seviper named Serpens II.

While I was in the Opelucid Gym, Libra II died at the VERY LAST SECOND to a Veteran's Druddigon because of Rough Skin. They both died at the same time. I chose Hercules the Aron as its replacement.

For Drayden, Grus 2HKOed Druddigon with Return after some FeatherDance/Roost action. Hercules was holding the Air Balloon, so I was able to kill Flygon with Ice Punch. Altaria got horrifyingly shaky after Grus barely failed to OHKO it with Giga Impact and it used Cotton Guard, then he healed as I recharged. But I killed him with 11 HP remaining. Haxorus was a joke for Hercules since he had nothing neutral. I paralyzed him with Thunder Wave and he only used Dragon Dance twice.

After Team Plasma froze Opelucid City, I beat the grunts, then Zinzolin. His Cryogonal were quick OHKOs for Andromeda, then Auriga killed Weavile with a critical hit Rock Slide. After beating the Shadow Triad member, I went to Humilau City.

Route 13's Hidden Grotto: A female Foongus named Norma.
Route 22: A female Delibird named Columba.
Humilau City: A female Corsola named Puppis.
Giant Chasm (cave): A male Vanillish named Crater.

Marlon was nothing worth writing about. His Wailord was an OHKO with Circinus' Thunder, and Mantine died to a Discharge. Carracosta I used Lacerta's Leech Seed against, and I was still faster even after Shell Smash and killed him with Leaf Blade. Lastly, Jellicent was slammed in one Leaf Blade after a Leech Seed - from 7/8 HP - without a critical hit or any boosts. For a Serperior, that's rather odd.

So here's my team:
Spoiler:
Paired with:

Paired with:

Paired with:

RIP:
Spoiler:
Patrat (F) “Horologium”, Level 3
Cause of death: Critical hit Scratch from a wild Purrloin on Route 19 while at 7/16 HP.

Growlithe (F) “CanisMajor”, Level 11-19
Cause of death: Critical hit Venoshock from Roxie’s Whirlipede while at 19/51 HP.

Liepard (F) “Octant”, Level 4-34
Cause of death: Dig from Backpacker Eileen’s Sandslash in the Relic Passage while below 1/3 health.

Excadrill (M) "Mensa", Level 18-37
Obtained at: Relic Passage
Cause of death: Repeated Flame Charges from a wild Zebstrika on Route 7, the last one being while at 19/137 HP.

Golduck (M) "Pisces", Level 5-44
Obtained at: Floccesy Ranch
Cause of death: Discharge from Ace Trainer Miguel’s Eelektrik while at 65/139 HP and paralyzed.

Cinccino (M) "Libra II", Level 21-49
Obtained at: Route 5's Hidden Grotto
Cause of death: Killed by repeated hits of Rough Skin from Veteran Rhona’s Druddigon triggered by Tail Slap, dying on the fourth hit that killed it also.
Old June 9th, 2014 (05:41 AM).
Pendraflare
Community Supporter

smh...You people need to see the greatness that is the Wedlocke Challenge! Whatever.

Anyway, I completed my White 2 Wedlocke, so here's how it went:
Spoiler:
After beating Marlon, I proceeded south.

Route 21: A female Alomomola named Vela.
Seaside Cave: A male Crustle named Pavo.

I got through the first part of the Plasma Frigate, beating as few of the grunts as possible, then beat Zinzolin alongside Luke with little trouble.

Before leaving for the Giant Chasm, I gave Heat Wave to Andromeda for use against Colress.

Giant Chasm: (entrance) A male Pelipper named Delphinus.
Route 13 Hidden Grotto: A female Spheal named Capri II.

As I went through the Plasma Frigate, I battled Colress. His Magneton was faster than Auriga, but I had a Sitrus Berry to restore some of my health. So after knocking him to 1 HP I had to get in Andromeda, who took a Flash Cannon well enough. After I killed it, Auriga 2HKOed Magneton, barely living. I knocked Beheeyem low, but he finished off Auriga. Then Andromeda killed it. For Klinklang, Heat Wave was a 2HKO, but he used Shift Gear and left me at 5 HP with Giga Impact. Then Metang MISSED with Rock Slide and two Heat Waves finished him.

So I chose Musca the Flygon as Auriga's replacement, and trained her up to Level 56. After rolling through the Shadow Triad, and the big climax stuff, Ghetsis tries to kill you, N saves you but White Kyurem is created, I went in. Andromeda 2HKOed Kyurem with Acrobatics after a Flying Gem, then it was time for Ghetsis.

Cofagrigus I managed to confuse with Confuse Ray, and Acrobatics actually did more than half and he hurt himself, so I killed that without a scratch. But then Eelektross came out. I thought it had Dragon Claw (although it didn't), so I stayed in. I used Confuse Ray and it hurt itself, and I used Toxic but he hit with Thunderbolt and I was low on health. After a Dragon Claw, he used Acrobatics and was knocked low, but he healed and Dragon Claw did less than half. I had a bit over 1/3 my health when he died. Then Hydreigon came out. Dragon Claw did good damage, but he killed me with Dragon Rush. He even got a critical hit just to rub it in my face. Andromeda finished him with Acrobatics. Then Seismitoad took well over half from Acrobatics, but killed Andromeda with Muddy Water. Grus finished him with Return. Toxicroak did around 1/4 with Sucker Punch before I killed him with Fly. Finally, Drapion I used FeatherDance against and 3HKOed with Return after some Roost stalling.

Once we were done with that and Ghetsis was gone, I replaced those two with Crux the Absol and Capri II the HA Spheal I had just caught. The only reason I wanted it was for Waterfall. I met with N at Victory Road's entrance and got Waterfall, which I slapped onto the Spheal. I went to the Abundant Shrine.

Abundant Shrine: A female Altaria named Antlia.
Route 23: A male Bouffalant named Taurus.

I trained up Crux, but Capri II died against a Zebstrika on Route 7, although I really didn't care much. I replaced her with Ara, the Sigilyph I got at the Desert Resort. Once everyone was Level 60/61, I entered Victory Road!

Victory Road: A male Roselia named Gemini.

However, Circinus died against a Veteran's Throh with Rock Slide, and Hercules died against Luke's Simipour because I MISSED with Rock Slide. Before that, I did attach a Persim Berry to counter Unfezant's Swagger, and used Rock Polish to get to +2 Attack and Speed. Grus was thankfully faster than Simipour, otherwise she would have died. Emboar was busted in one hit to Fly.

I chose Antlia the Altaria for Lacerta's new partner and Draco the Axew for Grus'. I trained everyone up to Level 63, applied Move Tutor moves and went in!

Shauntal was nothing worth mention of. Crux used Swords Dance, and Cofagrigus used Will-o-Wisp, but I had a Rawst Berry. From there on I swept her. Sucker Punch took care of Choice Scarf Chandelure.

Grimsley I started off with Grus' FeatherDance, and got his Liepard to -6 Attack. Then I stalled him out of Night Slashes with Detect and Roost, then brought in Draco. Despite his Attract being annoying, I got to +5 Attack and Speed and swept him from there, even with Krookodile's Intimidate lowering my Attack by one stage. I had Low Kick.

Marshal was a similar deal. Against Throh, I began with Lacerta's Leech Seed, then brought in Antlia. I had to keep using Dragon Dance to counteract Rock Tomb (which he didn't miss a single time with), and Cotton Guard. Once I had +6 Attack and Defense and +1 Speed, I went in for it and rammed through his team.

Lastly was Caitlin. I used Crux and Ara. I disabled Musharna's Hypnosis with Taunt, and killed her with Sucker Punch. Then was Reuniclus. I boosted to +6 (Special) Defense with Cosmic Power, and my Shadow Ball did less than half but her Leftovers actually brought her above the point where she would have healed. Sigilyph I killed with Crux's Sucker Punch. Next was Metagross. I used Ara's Cosmic Power, and she took Shadow Ball well enough. I used Heat Wave for more than half, and after another Shadow Ball she was knocked low from Life Orb recoil, then she healed and I 2HKOed her with two more shots of Heat Wave. Lastly, Gothitelle died in one hit to a (most likely unnecessary) critical hit Night Slash from Crux.

So we beat the Elite Four without losing anyone! Now for the Champion!

For Iris, Draco killed Hydreigon and Druddigon in one hit with Dragon Claw. For Lapras I went to Grus, and did more than half with Return, but Blizzard killed her in one hit. I killed her from there with Draco's Low Kick. Next was her own Haxorus, and Draco knocked her to her Focus Sash with Outrage, then she killed me with her Outrage. I brought in Crux and killed her with Sucker Punch (she couldn't heal because she was locked into Outrage). Then I killed Aggron with Superpower. Lastly was Archeops. I had to bring in Ara since Crux's stats were lowered...but she missed with Stone Edge! So I used Ice Beam and did BIG damage, then after she healed I paralyzed her with Thunder Wave, and took 64% or so from Stone Edge while I 2HKOed her with Ice Beam for the win.

So here was my final team:
Spoiler:

Nature: Quirky
Obtained at: Aspertia City, Level 5-63
Moves: Leaf Blade, Leech Seed, Reflect, Synthesis
Paired with:

Nature: Bashful
Obtained at: Abundant Shrine, Level 40-64
Moves: Bulldoze, Cotton Guard, Ice Beam, Roost (I had Aerial Ace and Dragon Dance over Bulldoze and Ice Beam when I fought Marshal.)

Nature: Hasty
Obtained at: Route 13, Level 39-65
Moves: Night Slash, Sucker Punch, Superpower, Thunder Wave (I had Swords Dance over Thunder Wave against Shauntal, and Taunt against Caitlin.)
Paired with:

Nature: Bashful
Obtained at: Desert Resort, Level 19-63
Moves: Ice Beam, Reflect, Roost, Thunder Wave (I had Cosmic Power, Heat Wave and Shadow Ball against Caitlin.)

RIP:
Spoiler:
(F) “Horologium”, Level 3

(F) “CanisMajor”, Level 11-19

(F) “Octant”, Level 4-34

(M) "Mensa", Level 18-37
Obtained at: Relic Passage
Cause of death: Repeated Flame Charges from a wild Zebstrika on Route 7, the last one being while at 19/137 HP.

(M) "Pisces", Level 5-44
Obtained at: Floccesy Ranch
Cause of death: Discharge from Ace Trainer Miguel’s Eelektrik while at 65/139 HP and paralyzed.

(M) "Libra II", Level 21-49
Obtained at: Route 5's Hidden Grotto
Cause of death: Killed by repeated hits of Rough Skin from Veteran Rhona’s Druddigon triggered by Tail Slap, dying on the fourth hit that killed it also.

(M) "Auriga", Level 20-57
Obtained at: Relic Castle
Cause of death: Psychic from Team Plasma Colress' Beheeyem while at 15/159 HP.

(M) "Musca", Level 38-56
Obtained at: Reversal Mountain (outer)
Cause of death: Dragon Rush from Ghetsis' Hydreigon while at 63/174 HP.

(F) "Andromeda", Level 14-59
Obtained at: Castelia Sewers
Cause of death: Muddy Water from Ghetsis' Seismitoad while at 45/201 HP.

(F) "Capri II", Level 37-41
Obtained at: Route 13's Hidden Grotto
Cause of death: Spark from a wild Zebstrika while at 60/139 HP.

(F) "Circinus", Level 27-61
Obtained at: Chargestone Cave
Cause of death: Rock Slide from Veteran Sterling's Throh while at 82/167 HP.

(M) "Hercules", Level 29-61
Obtained at: Mistralton Cave
Cause of death: Surf from Luke's Simipour while at 72/184 HP after a miss with Rock Slide.

(F) "Grus", Level 17-63
Obtained at: Castelia City
Cause of death: OHKO'ed by Blizzard from Champion Iris' Lapras.

(M) "Draco", Level 29-64
Obtained at: Guidance Chamber
Cause of death: OHKO'ed by Outrage from Champion Iris' Haxorus.

I also completed my X Wedlocke as well, with no bag items in battle, a level limit, and a Dupes Clause that counted anything I used in White or White 2 as a dupe. And a slight modification to the encounter rule regarding genders.

Guess i'll post the final battles, since i'm too lazy to type out everything else:
Spoiler:
Malva I swept in four turns with Hydride, my Greninja.

Drasna I used Kunzite, my Klefki, and set up some Calm Minds against Dragalge. I had to use Rest after I was paralyzed, but after three boosts I beat her in two hits of Dazzling Gleam (I barely failed to do so after two boosts). That took like five minutes haha. Noivern broke my sub with Flamethrower, but I killed that and Druddigon in one hit. Then Hydride killed Noivern with Ice Beam.

For Siebold, I used Electrum, my Lanturn. I stockpiled 3 against Clawitzer, used Charge then killed him with Discharge. Gyarados used Dragon Dance and lived my Discharge with 1 HP, but he healed and then I killed him next time. Barbaracle hardly did anything with Stone Edge, and Discharge did JUST over half and I paralyzed him then killed him. Starmie used Light Screen while I used Charge, then he used Psychic for hardly anything and I killed him with a critical hit.

Last was Wikstrom. His Klefki used Torment while Lapis, my Durant, used Hone Claws. He used Spikes as I burrowed before I killed him. Probopass I killed despite being almost dead (Power Gem hit harder than I thought it would!). When Aegislash came out, I forgot about Torment, and Iron Head didn't get the flinch, so he killed me. Electrum stockpiled 2, and because he was in Blade forme I killed him with two hits of Scald. Scizor, however, was faster and got a critical hit on the FIRST HIT, and Scald did less than half but the second hit burned him. He had no Full Restores left, so I finished him off.

So yeah, that was the first time in a Nuzlocke or Wedlocke that I lost a Pokémon before the Champion. But how will it work against the Champion? Let's find out!

Against the Champion, Diantha, I started with Zirconium, my Tentacruel. Hawlucha used Swords Dance while I counteracted with Barrier. Flying Press didn't do much at all while Ice Beam was a 2HKO. Aurorus I slaughtered with Brick Break from Tourmaline (my Medicham). Gourgeist I used Barrier against and she used Trick-or-Treat, and Ice Beam did more than half. I was hit slightly hard with Phantom Force, but I still killed her. Tyrantrum I did more than half to with Ice Beam, but I froze her solid! :o Then for Goodra I poisoned her with Poison Jab and eventually killed her while her Dragon Pulses did less than 1/4. Finally, Gardevoir was busted with one Poison Jab from Tourmaline for the win.

Lastly was AZ, who i'm not gonna comment on. Zirconium took care of him. Sigilyph was slower and only used Cosmic Power.

Here was my final team:
Spoiler:

Obtained at: Aquacorde Town, Level 5-65
Paired with:

Nature: Careful
Obtained at: Lost Hotel, Level 37-65

Nature: Docile
Obtained at: Connecting Cave, Level 14-65
Paired with:

Nature: Brave
Ability: Liquid Ooze
Obtained at: Cyllage City, Level 26-65

Nature: Lax
Ability: Illuminate
Obtained at: Shalour City, Level 25-65
Had Charge and Discharge over Ice Beam and Toxic against Siebold, and Scald and Substitute over those moves against Wikstrom.

RIP:
Spoiler:
(F) "Ammolite", Level 3-18
Obtained at: Santalune Forest
Cause of death: Vice Grip from Tierno's Corphish while at 15/39 HP because I misclicked against him.

(F) "Cordierite", Level 2-29
Obtained at: Route 2
Cause of death: Revenge from Roller Skater Shun's Throh while low on health.

(F) "Citrine", Level 6-37
Obtained at: Route 4
Cause of death: Thunderbolt from Clemont's Heliolisk while at 48/115 HP under Electric Terrain.

(M) "Constantan", Level 6-37
Obtained at: Route 22
Cause of death: OHKO'ed by Thunderbolt from Clemont's Heliolisk under Electric Terrain.

(M) "Bronze", Level 3 to 41
Obtained at: Route 3
Cause of death: Flail from Pokémon Ranger Silas' Beartic while around half health (I forget how much exactly).

(F) "Peridot", Level 10-44
Obtained at: Route 5
Cause of death: Killed by Battle Girl Kinsey's Sawk because I missed with Fly and my Speed was lowered. Also, this trainer can go die in a fire. That is all.

(F) "Jade", Level 23-52
Obtained at: Reflection Cave
Cause of death: Aqua Tail from Lysandre's Mega Gyarados while at 63/199 HP. (He was at -2 Attack and it was a critical hit but I don't think it mattered, it may have, I don't know.)

(F) "Jasper", Level 36-55
Obtained at: Route 16
Cause of death: Petal Dance from Tierno's Roserade while at 26/152 HP.

(M) "Nichrome", Level 16-55
Obtained at: Route 9
Cause of death: Petal Dance from Tierno's Roserade while at 143/205 HP.

(F) "Lapis", Level 45-65
Obtained at: Terminus Cave
Cause of death: Shadow Claw from Wikstrom's Aegislash while at 16/164 HP.

Wow, that took over an hour to do. But it was worth it! Also, I regret to inform that i'll be changing my Johto game from Crystal to Heart Gold. So yeah! That's pretty much it.
Old June 9th, 2014 (10:01 AM).
jaepil1994

Name: Challenger Yellow
Game: Fire Red
Single
Optional Rules: A black out is game over.
Method of proof, Youtube
Old June 9th, 2014 (11:04 AM).
jaepil1994

so... I have to reinstate my sign up....
Failed at Brock.
Lost my starter unfortunately.... and everything went downhill from there
Old June 10th, 2014 (01:53 AM). Edited June 18th, 2014 by enigmaeffect.
enigmaeffect

Name: Enigmaeffect
Game: Red, Crystal, Ruby, Platinum, Black 2, Y
Single or Ultimate?: Ultimate

I hope it's not too late to sign up! I've already won the first badge in each game.

Current Teams
Spoiler:

Red:

Spoiler:

Smaug - Lv. 25 - Scratch // Rage // Ember // Leer
Bessie - Lv. 25 - Gust // Sand-Attack // Quick Attack // Whirlwind

Elf - Lv. 24 - Growl // Mega Punch // Sing // BubbleBeam
Samtha - Lv. 24 - Wrap // Leer // Bite // Poison Sting

Knox - Lv. 22 - Pound // Disable // Hypnosis // Confusion
June - Lv. 22 - Absorb // PoisonPowder // Cut // Sleep Powder

Badges: 3
Deaths: 2

Crystal:

Spoiler:

Swill - Lv. 17 - Bubble // Hypnosis // Water Gun // ---
Wombat - Lv. 17 - Vine Whip // Growth // Cut // Sleep Powder

Wend - Lv. 16 - Slam // Tail Whip // Water Gun // Ice Punch
Moxley - Lv. 16 - Bite // Roar // Ember // Headbutt

Oobele - Lv. 5 - Leer // Quick Attack // Dizzy Punch // ---

Ruby:

Spoiler:

Amboss - Lv. 26 - Peck // Double Kick // Focus Energy // Ember
Taylor - Lv. 23 - Gust // Confusion // Protect // Poison Sting

Rover - Lv. 22 - Tackle // Rock Smash // Sand-Attack // Bite
Agatha - Lv. 22 - Tackle // Rock Throw // Magnitude // Defense Curl

Chomp - Lv. 21 - Thief // Spark // Quick Attack // Thunder Wave
Angie - Lv. 21 - Focus Energy // Quick Attack // Double Team // Wing Attack

Deaths: 4

Platinum:

Spoiler:

Noah - Lv. 28 - Endeavor // Double Team // Aerial Ace // Quick Attack
Eve - Lv. 27 - Shadow Punch // Night Shade // Confuse Ray // Sucker Punch

Pablo - Lv. 26 - Giga Drain // Cut // Magical Leaf // GrassWhistle
Vipress - Lv. 27 - Wing Attack // Confuse Ray // Leech Life // Bite

Rollins - Lv. 25 - Growl // Sand-Attack // Quick Attack // Helping Hand

Deaths: 5

Black 2:

Spoiler:

Soppy - Lv. 23 - Return // Water Gun // Razor Shell // Focus Energy
Paddy - Lv. 23 - Return // Protect // Bug Bite // Razor Leaf

Hayley - Lv. 23 - Smog // Flame Burst // Clear Smog // Faint Attack
Mercury - Lv. 18 - Strength // Work Up // Rock Smash // Bite

Roxie - Lv. 20 - Rage // Rock Tomb // Rock Smash // Stealth Rock
Creed - Lv. 20 - Strength // Work Up // Rock Smash // Bite

Y:

Spoiler:

Daniel - Lv. 26 - Lick // Return // Bubble // Water Pulse
Tho - Lv. 25 - Strength // Agility // Mud Shot // Double Kick

Toby - Lv. 24 - Ember // Return // Peck // Agility
Panna - Lv. 23 - Yawn // Sludge // Amnesia // Infestation

Frobisher - Lv. 22 - Bite // Rock Tomb // Charm // Stealth Rock
Furrie - Lv. 23 - Return // Rock Smash // Quick Attack // Shadow Claw

Badges: 2

P.S. Since I'm doing six games, I have an additional rule where I ignore an encounter if it's on the current team for any other party. Essentially, I want to avoid using the same Pokemon twice at any given time.

P.P.S. I'm using a coin toss app to decide the gender of my wild encounters in Red - heads for males, tails for females. For Pokemon with gender ratios that aren't 1:1, I'm using a RNG instead.
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links