The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Current Generation Pokémon Gaming > Pokémon X & Pokémon Y

Notices

Pokémon X & Pokémon Y The Kalos region awaits! Explore a new world, capture new Pokémon, and fight off Team Flare in the newest installment of the core Pokémon series.

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old March 7th, 2014, 09:09 PM
mac098

For me, my least favorite thing was that there wasn't a battle facility like in the previous generations. I don't really care about competitive battling or EV or IV training. I like being able to beat the pokemon league multiple times along with training the pokemon. I like being to battle at like a battle frontier type thing. That was my favorite thing to do in Emerald/Platinum. Like I said I've never really cared about competitive battling or even caring about battling with other people.

I'm just curious as to what you guys find are some pros and cons of this generation so far.
Old March 9th, 2014, 12:06 AM
Bobdapeach

Nature: Naughty
least favorite: probably post game or near the end of the game, where you have to do like 592534 team flare battles (the bit between the 7th and 8th gym i think). Friend safari is a disappointment
fav: little caves (they're annoying), nice storyline, idk?? not good at thinkin of my fav party.

Old March 9th, 2014, 10:56 AM
EpicBeaver100

Fav: Good starters, good storyline, decent post-game, and probably the new pokemon.
Least fav: Short, easy game, post-game is to short, and the region is to small.
Old March 9th, 2014, 11:06 AM
Mkeg7
Bam Bam Boogie ツ

Nature: Brave
My con is that like in the previous generation, after you beat the pokemon league the elite four would become stronger, but that doesn't seem to happen in Pokemon X & Y, which was a downer to me and my friends.
Old March 9th, 2014, 03:34 PM
Rapture11
All about Battle Spot <3

Nature: Quiet
The post-game, friend safari, region is small but that clues a Pokemon x, there could be more locations as look at the map.
Attached Images
File Type: png Kalos map.png‎ (138.9 KB, 22 views) (Save to Dropbox)

FC:1392-5697-1527

~Psychic Type Safari~
~Drozsee-Espurr-Xatu~

Old March 9th, 2014, 04:28 PM
Axeliira
the sugar plum fairy

The storyline of the games really captivated me in a way. Especially during the legendary battle against Xerneas (since I had X!). The story of AZ and his Floette was the highlight of the game that I loved the most, and I just...cried!

Least favorite thing I like about the games is probably the long, long, long, long long way from Santalune to Cyllage. Took me 3-4 days to get there. Not cool, man. xD
Everyone would have a friend,
& right would always win,
& love would never end.
This is my grown-up Christmas list.
Moderator of FC&G ~ Paired to Buoysel & Kanzler

Old March 9th, 2014, 04:33 PM
Astinus
Remember NovEnder

My favorite part of the game is definitely Pokemon-amie. It was the feature I was most excited about when it was announced, and the one that put X/Y at the number two spot in the list of my favorite Pokemon games. I have a weak spot for cuteness, and being able to pet my army of Pokemon named Angel (why do I have so many) is great.

There are a few things that I don't like about X/Y. The ease of the game, though part of that could be because I've been playing Pokemon for years unlike new fans. I'm also bothered by the lack of post-game content.
Old March 9th, 2014, 05:23 PM
Pendraflare
I'm definitely in my zone.
Community Supporter

Nature: Quiet
Send a message via Skype™ to Pendraflare
I could go on about what's awesome about the game, but for what I don't like, there's the fact that there's very little as far as fun battles go, especially in the post-game. There is the Looker Bureau, but that only goes on for so long. There is some legendary hunting, but nothing too exciting. I don't battle, so i'm really just in for collecting.
Old March 9th, 2014, 05:34 PM
smoke6guy

Many great things about the game, wondertrading, Mega Evolutions and move animations as well as other online facilities . Worst things about the game are the lack of gen 6 legendaries however it looks like this will change soon and the very very short post game.
Old March 9th, 2014, 06:22 PM
Flushed
Tomato Soup
Community Supporter

Nature: Careful
Favorite part is definitely the new Destiny Knot breeding mechanics. I honestly wouldn't be able to figure out how to IV breed in previous generations.

Can't really hate on any part of the games, so I guess the lack of Vs Seeker disappointed me. Hate having limited trainers to battle when I need to level up. Can't really bother with the restaurants either.
Old March 9th, 2014, 06:23 PM
Peitharchia
& got to keep looking

For me, I would say character customization. I've always wanted to see a feature like this in Pokémon games, and to finally have it happen was a dream come true. Though, it would have been nice if we had access to more outfits, accessories, and things like that. If they wanted, they could have made these things downloadable. That way, they would've been able to make some extra cash. Aside from that, I also really like Pokémon-Amie. This allows you to play around with your Pokémon, which is really cool.

My least favorite thing would be the storyline. I mean, it was interesting, but it was also sort of short. If it were longer, it would've been a lot better. To me, it seems as if they've rushed through it. They definitely should have taken more time. :p
Old March 9th, 2014, 06:30 PM
Blueredemption
Kanto's Castaway

Nature: Careful
Graphics, customisation, wonder trade, friend safari... yesh i could go on forever on what what they added in this genoration, untill i realize that the game just ends once you beat the e4. X-Y could have been a lot better if they added some more stuff at the end.

I will complete the National dex!
223/719
*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*
Old March 9th, 2014, 06:36 PM
Tylerdmn

The easy story line. Meta game is legit though
Old March 9th, 2014, 06:41 PM
Hikamaru
there is a truth
Community Supporter

Nature: Quirky
My fave feature was Pokemon Amie, for the same reasons as Asty. I have a soft spot for being cute and playing with my Pokemon was one thing I always wanted to do, and sometimes the reactions leave me cracked up laughing.

Least fave? Not really much to say here although I do admit the lack of post-game is kinda saddening. I was hoping for more until when I learned how small it was thanks to the "early release leaks" of the game.
Old March 9th, 2014, 09:18 PM
Starfury
dear, only you don't know.
Community Supporter

Nature: Naughty
My favourite part of the game has to be the Pokemon Amie and the story of AZ's Floette. So heartrendingly beautiful. ;;

My least favourite is probably how you can't really do anything after the Pokemon league. :I Unless you're into IV training, breeding etc.

VMFAMILYPAIRCREDITPM
Old March 10th, 2014, 12:50 AM
mangamusicfan
The Lost one.
Community Supporter Tier 5

Nature: Relaxed
Friend safari It could be much better in my opinion!

Timeghoul is absolute Awesomnes!
Old March 10th, 2014, 06:09 AM
Sword Wolf

I really liked the wonder trade function, you don't know what you will get but I didn't like that we get the roller skates very early in the game.
Old March 10th, 2014, 06:32 AM
bajram1892

Nature: Calm
IMO I do not have a favorite part of the game. My favorite thing is competitive battling but that goes through every game. I would have to say if anything it is nice to have the 3D sprites after wanting them ever since Pokemon Stadium

My least favorite part has to be lack of a post-game. I love legendary hunting especially when it is such a challenge just to find the legends in their caves or other hideouts. In this game the mascot legend was just there for you, Zygarde was cool to find, Mewtwo literally was right there when you got inside the cave, and the bird was a challenge.
Also lack of an elite 4 re-battle. When I first saw the Elite 4's Pokemon I thought there would be a chance that you would each of them with a mega evolution and 6 pokemon.
Fc: 3010 6021 5495
Old March 10th, 2014, 02:21 PM
Elements1
Meh

Nature: Calm
I was really hoping for a challenge mode, much like B2/W2 had, I felt the gameplay was too easy. Also the trading and GTS were a bit disappointing, how you both had to cancel a trade for it to end, and in the GTS people request pokemon that are not even possible to give.

water, earth!

Completed National Pokedex: 2/20/14 Dusknoir Finial Entry
3DS FC:1263-7361-4137
Old March 12th, 2014, 01:55 PM
Belldandy
ღ Cammybear ღ
Community Supporter

Nature: Timid
I love Pokemon Amie. It's so adorable. I loved the concept of Nintendogs, but I wasn't ready to pay for that exclusively lol now I feel like I pretty much got the same thing for free, just integrated into Pokemon <3

I love the majority of the new Pokemon as well as the layout of the region.

Biggest thing I despise would be the team. Aside Lysandre, there was no charisma at all. They were just kinda "there." Honestly, they were worse than Team Plasma with their goals and ambitions. There was nothing frightening about them. The grunts didn't feel like bad guys. It just didn't seem legitimate. They need to go back to their roots when designing these bad guys with their evil intentions. I didn't like Gen III, but at least Team Magma and Team Aqua felt real to me

FC: 4699-7283-5972; IGN: Irène, Etoile; Trade Shop Trade Reviews
Old March 13th, 2014, 10:25 PM
Shrew
is a shrew

Nature: Lonely
Favorite: Everything! XY is my favorite pokemon games.

Least favorite: Lack of move tutors. I understand that they're saving them for next gens. It's just that now that IV breeding is much easier and that official tourneys only allow Kalos-obtained pokemon, I find it disappointing that I can't... have Knock Off, Stealth Rock, Defog, etc. on sooooo many pokemon without them being imperfectly bred from BW2 and being disqualified from tourneys.

How typical of me to complain and nitpick about what I don't like rather than elaborate on the dozens of reasons why I like XY.
Old March 15th, 2014, 04:32 PM
Cheychu
Giggly Gengar

Nature: Gentle
Pro: Idk I love the little things, like how you crouch when you talk to little kids, the fact that you can sit on benches and such. The fact that you can rUN DIAGONALLY...
Cons: I feel like the game was too easy, and the new pokemon this generation weren't the best....

My Team:

http://officerbootyonduty.tumblr.com

Old March 15th, 2014, 04:40 PM
Absol used bite!

Nature: Quirky
NEVER remind me again of the first time i didthe furfrou puzzle. My 3ds is lucky its still in one peice.

Ovid

View My Account On Marriland.com
Old March 16th, 2014, 02:44 PM
fireflystorm
shsl loser

Hm. I really liked this gen. I liked the attention to detail -- like how you can sit on benches, do little tricks with your skates, destroy objects in the backgrounds of battles. Those things were really cool. I also loved AZ's story and the mention of warfare in the Pokemon world.

Hooowever, I feel like there wasn't enough elaboration on the story, and, like everyone else and their dog said, I wish there had been a post-game. Honestly, I feel bored with it now. I've been trying to complete my Pokedex and build teams, but there's not even good locations to grind. There's not much for me to do.

Pokemon X FC: 1091-8862-6895
Poison; Kakuna/Garbodor/Drapion
Old March 16th, 2014, 02:53 PM
Dedenne1
"Your luck has just run out."

Location: I believe i am currently located in Violite, Ransei.
Storyline and Lumiose city are the best parts worst is the pokemon league should be way stronger like in the previous games when you challenge it again

So im out of space for info about me fangames i support and stuff like that so click the Glaceon read my Bio and you
will know plenty about me and all the games i love!

Feeling Chatty? Feel free to vm
me i love to meet new people!

Currently Playing: Pokemon Resolute Version!
Yes I Have the holiday cheer! Like my new avatar?
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links