Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Current Generation Pokémon Gaming > Pokémon X & Pokémon Y
Reload this Page The charm of the Shiny Charm

Notices
For all updates, view the main page.

Pokémon X & Pokémon Y The Kalos region awaits! Explore a new world, capture new Pokémon, and fight off Team Flare in one of the newer installments of the core Pokémon series.

Old March 12th, 2014 (01:55 AM).
Delphox used Mystical Fire!

Nature: Modest
Hey everyone, I am aware that there already is a thread regarding Masuda Method shinies and that some people on Smogon are trying this out too, but Im really interested in trying out the Shiny Charm in combination with the Masuda Method, Horde Battling, Chain Fishing, Pokeradar, Friend Safari and random encounters.

So, I would like to know what luck you guys ran into since you obtained the Shiny Charm? Do you experience any more luck or more frequent shinies in the methods listed above?

Im really curious and would like to know what everyone's progress is now It would be fun to see if the Shiny Charm does make a difference and what the effects are

For example, I set a goal for myself to start breeding for a new shiny using Masuda Method ofcourse since I obtained the Charm. I posted this in several other threads in here too, but after only 7 eggs I hatched my shiny Amaura !

So now I wonder if this really does make a difference and if this would also take effect on for example the Pokeradar or Random Encounters. Would be nice to test it out on these different obtaining methods to see what happens!

Im now breeding for a shiny Charmander but will do something with the Pokeradar too really soon to test some things out!

So please let me know what your experiences are since you obtained the Shiny Charm!

Signature and Avatar made by: © She_Delphox
Currently playing: Pokemon Omega Ruby

Old March 12th, 2014 (02:18 AM).
Team Rocket Boss....

Nature: Serious
Well I feel that the shiny charm works best with the Masuda Method over random pokemon encounters.

Combining MM and the Shiny charm has enabled me to hatch these pokemon as shiny:
Furfrou (100 eggs)
Snivy (100+ eggs)
Kangaskhan (49 eggs)
Eevee (137 eggs)
Shuppet (78 eggs)
Froakie (140 eggs)
Pichu (30 eggs)
Old March 12th, 2014 (02:46 AM).

Before Shiny Charm:
Hoard shiny: Hoppip, Arron and Psyduck.
Friend safari: Krabby, Palpitoad, Masqurain (Fainted it...) and Bravary first form.
Masuda: Froakie, Bulbasaur, Fennekin, Vulpix, Spritzee, Marill, Swinub and Aipom.

WITH Shiny Charm:
Hoard: Wingull and Ice cream thing
FS: tranquil
Masuda: after 2000+ eggs, Charmander. That's it.

I regret getting the shiny charm. Since getting it I have put more time into both methods but get less results!
Old March 12th, 2014 (07:37 AM).

Shiny Charm definitely seems to work well in FS. I got both a shiny Dunsparce and also a shiny Ditto within only 45 minutes. I also got an Aipom the next day.

Haven't got any MM yet with it though. Almost 300 eggs and no shiny Mawile yet. It only took me 146 to get my shiny Scatterbug WITHOUT the shiny charm.

At first I was thinking it worked with chain fishing, but now I'm not so sure. When I first tried it out I got my first shiny in only 5 hooks! then I got another in about 20. But since then I haven't got any and have had several chains over 100+.

I have Psychic Safari with Munna/Sigilyph/Duosion.

Old March 12th, 2014 (08:11 AM).
I r8 8/8 no h8 m8.
Crystal Tier

Nature: Quiet
Send a message via Skype™ to Pendraflare
The only shiny i've obtained since getting the Shiny Charm is a Noibat that I MM'd, but that's it. Although that can partly be owed to the fact that I haven't really been paying X much attention lately. :/

Funnily enough, I got two shinies in a Friend Safari the same night back in January before I got it.
Old March 12th, 2014 (08:58 AM).
Tsunderes forever

Nature: Naughty
I have reveived two pokemon with shiny charm, a shiny sandshrew and a Vulpix. both took about 30-60 eggs.
Old March 12th, 2014 (12:11 PM).
Meh

Nature: Calm
Got 1 MM shiny, Magikarp in about 150 eggs, that being said I went for a MM Turtwig and I got to about 200 before I got one here I ran into two geodudes from hordes, both fainting from their horde "friends".

water, earth!

Completed National Pokedex: 2/20/14 Dusknoir Finial Entry
3DS FC:1263-7361-4137
Old March 12th, 2014 (02:49 PM).

Nature: Naughty
I've had more luck without the charm. My MM projects are taking me much longer than before I had it. I just breed a shiny scatterbug on my game without it, only took me about 350ish eggs. Last shiny i got on my game with it was about 1000ish. l:
I haven't tried any other methods than MM though.
Old March 12th, 2014 (07:19 PM).
Protect his very soul.
Super Moderator
BS
CS

Within like 10 days of getting the shiny charm, I hatched a shiny without Masuda Method. I didn't expect it at all and I was glad it happened the way it did, as I've been breeding Pokemon since Emerald with no luck. :D

Old March 12th, 2014 (09:30 PM).

Quote originally posted by Lilith:
Within like 10 days of getting the shiny charm, I hatched a shiny without Masuda Method. I didn't expect it at all and I was glad it happened the way it did, as I've been breeding Pokemon since Emerald with no luck. :D
Sounds like you were overdue for a shiny with or without the shiny charm anyway. xD
Trade Reviews!
Diamond FC: 4596 6015 4110
White Friendcode: 0948 6449 9609
Old March 15th, 2014 (06:07 AM).
Alluring Illusion

The luckiest shiny I got since I got my shiny charm was a Shiny honedge I received from breeding with a Wide Guard. The parents weren't foreign to each other and are owned by me so the shiny really surprised me. It had max on Defense and SpDefense and outstanding overall. Other shinies I got was a Larvesta, Braixen and Ninetales from the Friend Safari. I encountered a shiny Braixen twice(probably heard me rant about losing the first one back at "Your Generation 6 Shiny Pokemon") and only some 6-7 Hours between both their encounters with no other Shinies in between.

Trainer Data:
Full Name: Mithel "Myth" Celestia
Hometown: Lacunosa Town
Trainer class: Ranger, Psychic, Deceiver*
Specializes in: Dark, Psychic-Types

*Deceiver (Japanese: 奇術師 Illusionist) is a type of trainer class who specializes in Illusions and deceptive tactics to take advantage of their opponents. They are tricksters and tend to disguise themselves as another trainer class to deceive challenging trainers, but soon break off of it as soon as they are found. They tend to use annoyer and stall tactics such as Embargo and Swagger along with bulky and fast Dark-types like Zoroark and Umbreon to give trainers a hard time during battle.
Old March 15th, 2014 (10:26 AM).

I have gotten 3 since getting the charm but haven't hunted as often. I believe it works better, although I found 17 without the charm but had more free time there. As for masuda I will be trying it out soon with the continuation of my mawhile hunt. I hope it reduces the time for that as the 3 shinys I found were all in under an hour of hunting.
Old March 17th, 2014 (01:27 AM).

So far, that's awesome everyone! To keep you guys updated, yesterday evening I hatched a Shiny Charmander (female) on 'just' my 532th Egg! :3 Since I don't spend much time on hunting hordes or anything else like the Friend Safari (will do that later), I haven't had any experiences with those except for breeding just now. The mother was holding an Everstone (first time I tried this), so my Shiny Charmander has a Brave nature now, which I wanted Ofcourse you still need some luck, I read things about people WITH the charm hatching over thousands of Eggs to get their shiny ... (hang in there!) But I got lucky it didn't take me to that level.

It is my second Masuda Method shiny since I obtained the charm which leaves me now with:
1. Amaura - 7 Eggs
2. Charmander - 532 Eggs
3. ---> next project: possibly Squirtle

I have obviously more shinies, before obtaining the charm and not only from the Masuda Method, but now I'm really going for the Masuda Method, almost 80% of my playtime so I'll have more shinies I really want, using MM May start with a new MM soon! (I think Squirtle)

Will keep you guys updated! :3

Old March 17th, 2014 (07:43 AM).
The North Remembers.

Nature: Sassy
I don't like the idea of the shiny charm. Why would I want to sacrifice the place of an Everstone--or even worse, a Destiny Knot--in favor of that thing?

FC: 2552-2106-9683. I'm finally ready to do 6v6 battles!
FS (Flying): Spearow, Tranquill, Fletchinder
Old March 17th, 2014 (11:04 AM).
Platinum Tier

Nature: Serious
Quote originally posted by Ars Arcanum:
I don't like the idea of the shiny charm. Why would I want to sacrifice the place of an Everstone--or even worse, a Destiny Knot--in favor of that thing?
All you have to do it is keep it in the key items, it's not a held item.

As for me, I've gotten 0 shinies with the charm so I guess there's no charm in it for me.
Old March 17th, 2014 (11:30 AM).
The North Remembers.

Nature: Sassy
Quote originally posted by Aeroblast:
All you have to do it is keep it in the key items, it's not a held item.
Oh? I thought it was a hold item for breeding. Thats MUCH better! Shame there's no chance of me completing the pokedex though, with how massive it is now.

FC: 2552-2106-9683. I'm finally ready to do 6v6 battles!
FS (Flying): Spearow, Tranquill, Fletchinder
Old March 17th, 2014 (12:42 PM).

Oh? I thought it was a hold item for breeding. Thats MUCH better! Shame there's no chance of me completing the pokedex though, with how massive it is now.
Yes, that it true luckily, like said earlier by Aeroblast

And, I get your concerns filling up the Pokedex in Gen.6 because that takes A LOT of your time, and I mean, really a lot... I didn't even want to complete the Pokedex first because it just sounded like too much of a hassle (especially the legendaries), but I managed to find a way and spend a few weeks to obtain as many Pokemon in my spare time as possible

Glad I did all this hard work, 'cause for me, it really paid off and it was totally woth it!

Old March 18th, 2014 (07:15 AM).

But how do you get Latios and Latias, and Zekrom... etc... in 6th gen? When you say 6th gen, that means not having that pokeball symbol but the hexagon, right?
My girlfriend: That's it!
Old March 18th, 2014 (08:51 AM).
Make it double!

Nature: Hardy
Combining the shiny charm and the Horde's has been my #1 shiny producer. I have been able to obtain several shiny's in a day because of the huge bonus the charm give to the shiny rate and then basically dividing that by 5 when you fight a horde. Ive found several Nosepass, Flaffys, and electrikes merely by using sweetscent and letting them come to me.

I wouldnt say that. I was able to obtain 1 of all 718 in the pokedex AND i have them in order from bulbasar to Zygarde in my boxes. I was even able to complete it before the Pokebank had come out in the US the vast majority of those pokemon are from all over the world.
Old March 18th, 2014 (11:28 AM).
Administrator
CS

Nature: Timid
All I've found was a shiny Foongus after three hours of non-stop horde battles. Other than that I've had absolutely nothing; was easier to find shinies prior to getting the charm even. Oh my bad, bad luck.
Old March 19th, 2014 (10:33 AM).
untitled follower

I've found during my X travels and resets three shiny in total.
All of them were random and (partially) unwanted since I was either looking for something else or training up things to pass time.
  • Litleo - found on Route 22 (current save file - was looking for a riolu)
  • Gulpin - found on Route 5 (horde) (current save file - was hoping to find a shiny furfrou or skiddo)
  • Wingull - found on Route 8 (horde) (previous file)

I've been currently trying to MM a shiny Furfrou but alas, I'm running out of patience and belief after 2000 eggs (Not looking for any IVs or natures, just the black fur for a team setup). Since I suddenly decided I want to restart the game, before 2nd badge - so no Shiny Charm for me.

Friend of mine though got the shiny charm few weeks ago, but apparently hasn't found anything he's been looking for in Friend Safari's and such.
Maybe we just have a bad luck.

Wonder Wedlocke X - Mudkip + Slowpoke | Flaffy + Flabébé | Zorua + Gible
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links