The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Pokémon Gaming > Advance Generation

Notices

Advance Generation The hallmark of sprite-based Pokémon gaming, Ruby, Sapphire, and Emerald set you off on an adventure in the watery Hoenn region with tons of diverse Pokémon to discover. Fans of Kanto can reexplore their favorite region in FireRed and LeafGreen. Here you'll find other fans who enjoy talking about the Pokémon, strategy, and techniques to master this generation.

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old April 2nd, 2014, 08:22 AM
Tetra
Community Supporter

Nature: Quiet
In Generation III, PokéBlocks were introduced. They helped increase 5 factors which were used in Contests; Cute, Cool, Smart, Beauty and Tough.

Using PokéBlocks, plus certain moves Pokémon could achieve well in Contests. Berries were needed to create PokéBlocks in the Berry Blender, which are then fed to Pokémon by going to the PokéBlock Case in Key Items. (Here's more info about them: http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Pok%C3%A9block)

Did you ever use PokéBlocks? Post below your thoughts!
Old April 2nd, 2014, 01:30 PM
Peitharchia
& got to keep looking

Yup, I've definitely used them. I would use these blocks to maximize only one particular factor of a Pokémon. For example, if I were entering my Blaziken for cool contest, I'd give it PokéBlocks to raise only its coolness. d: Either way, it's a really nice addition!
Old April 2nd, 2014, 02:34 PM
mangamusicfan
The Lost one.
Community Supporter Tier 5

Nature: Relaxed
Nope Back in the day's I Didn't, look intresting for me.
Now I whould do it lol.

Timeghoul is absolute Awesomnes!
Old April 2nd, 2014, 05:51 PM
Dark Sneasel
dem Verdanturf flowers are sexy
Community Supporter

Nature: Hasty
I hated these things. They are what made contests hard to win. I don't wanna stay forever looking for the whatever the ♥♥♥♥ berry or say a special phrase to the berry addict to win. It would have been much better if it was just the moves part, not that thing. Like, it makes no sense, if you didn't give your pokemon a pokeblock they won't like it in the begging. Like how is Teddiursa not cute? But I still did end up using them to win contests, and making them is pretty fun too.

As for in the Safari Zone, I never used them. It seemed a bit pointless, I'd very much rather go for just testing my luck with a Pokeball :p

Join Poketch.com, a new ROM hacking community! Click on the image for more!
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links