Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Entertainment & Hobbies > Fan Clubs & Groups
Reload this Page Final Fantasy Fan Club

Notices
For all updates, view the main page.

Fan Clubs & Groups Fan Clubs & Groups are places to go to find like-minded members and talk about similar interests. Join or create a club here if it doesn't fit in any of the other sections.
New threads in this forum are to be approved by a moderator before they are displayed.

Old April 8th, 2014 (02:08 PM).
✩ not all heroes wear capes ✩
Crystal Tier

Nature: Brave
Send a message via Skype™ to CrazyBunnyCoaster
My restart is kind of sloppy right now. I forgot to level up in Besaid before boarding the ship. D: So, I had to level up in Killika. The problem was that I also ran out of potions. ><

✩ CrazyBunnyCoaster ✩

always fighting, always trying
be strong takeru
Old April 8th, 2014 (02:18 PM).
Deuseas
CS

Nature: Naughty
So disappointed in you. You should spend an hour and a half or so running right around the save sphere trying to level or that ochu will be trouble
art by Churaka

Old April 8th, 2014 (02:21 PM).
Crystal Tier

Quote originally posted by alvmonster:
So disappointed in you. You should spend an hour and a half or so running right around the save sphere trying to level or that ochu will be trouble
I already beat it. XD I'm playing Blitzball right now. :3 I suck majorly at sports, so I'm actually LOSING to the stupid goers. DX

✩ CrazyBunnyCoaster ✩

be strong takeru
Old April 8th, 2014 (02:31 PM).
Deuseas
CS

Did you not learn the jecht shot? that makes that match a piece of cake.
art by Churaka

Old April 8th, 2014 (02:40 PM).
Crystal Tier

Nope. My coordination with games is really poor, so I can't keep up with the things he says at all. :/ I ended up losing as I always do. ._. But oh well, I'll probably spend hours leveling on the highroad. XD

✩ CrazyBunnyCoaster ✩

be strong takeru
Old April 8th, 2014 (02:58 PM). Edited April 8th, 2014 by Sonata.
Deuseas
CS

I couldn't even figure out how to get it before I got my laptop in 5th grade the I looked up all of the secrets.

I think I'm going to change the weekly topic into bi-weekly topic while we don't have many members so we can find something everyone wants to talk about

Topic: What do you think of New Game+ options? Should they put the option in more games? What would it consist of?

I think that New Game+ options are great. Playing most final fantasy games I always wanted to be able to start the journey again but not have to actually start completely from scratch. More Final Fantasy games should sport a New Game + option that could consist of new areas, new enemies, hidden or secret weapons, strengthened enemies, and bosses with new abilities or moves so it's not the same old same old.
art by Churaka

Old April 8th, 2014 (03:06 PM).
Crystal Tier

That's a good idea. :O

Anyway, what was your favorite weapon? Mine was Waka's TKO. That literally saved me in most cases after you get it from O'-whatever is name is.

✩ CrazyBunnyCoaster ✩

be strong takeru
Old April 8th, 2014 (03:08 PM).
Deuseas
CS

I was big on the whole weapon customization so I would just buy or find a bunch of basic weapons with no special abilities and just try to increase their attack as much as possible ad put a sensor on it. I liked Auron's sword that I made, it had +15% +10% and +5% Attack power plus a sensor
art by Churaka

Old April 8th, 2014 (03:17 PM).
Crystal Tier

I tried doing that, but there was only so much I could do. ;w; I had a hard time using steal for one thing. D: I really need to try to pass Bevelle Temple right now. >< But I'm too busy working on my second game. XD

✩ CrazyBunnyCoaster ✩

be strong takeru
Old April 8th, 2014 (03:21 PM).
Deuseas
CS

Why do you have trouble with it? Have you been collecting the Al bhed primers too?
art by Churaka

Old April 8th, 2014 (03:22 PM).
Crystal Tier

I've been trying to. I might be able to load the ones I have from my previous game. The sad part is I have no ability spheres now. DX

✩ CrazyBunnyCoaster ✩

be strong takeru
Old April 8th, 2014 (03:26 PM).
Deuseas
CS

I always seemed to run out of ability and power spheres :/ made it hard to do much of anything. one time I remember having like 50 sphere levels but no spheres to use to level people up and absolutely nothing was dropping them
art by Churaka

Old April 8th, 2014 (03:29 PM).
Crystal Tier

That's the problem I'm having right now. There's ways you can get them to drop in the remastered versions, but that's not until after you get aeon abilities and such. D:

✩ CrazyBunnyCoaster ✩

be strong takeru
Old April 8th, 2014 (04:19 PM).
Spectre Agent
Crystal Tier

Nature: Serious
I actually do like the New Game+ options in the Final Fantasy games. Course in the DS version of Final Fantasy IV, the New Game+ option can only be used twice in each slot, which is somewhat annoying. I don't have a problem with it in Lightning Returns and Crisis Core. I would like to see it used in more Final Fantasy games. Course I am somewhat stumped on what other options New Game+ could add.

OSO STRONG
Old April 8th, 2014 (04:26 PM).
Crystal Tier

Quote originally posted by Judge Mandolore Shepard:
I actually do like the New Game+ options in the Final Fantasy games. Course in the DS version of Final Fantasy IV, the New Game+ option can only be used twice in each slot, which is somewhat annoying. I don't have a problem with it in Lightning Returns and Crisis Core. I would like to see it used in more Final Fantasy games. Course I am somewhat stumped on what other options New Game+ could add.
I think what they could do is add more options for levels. Make it so that you get easy, medium and hard. This would help people who aren't like... super skilled at leveling and all that sort of thing. I always find that the Final Fantasy games were difficult to beat for me. >< I guess you could say it has a lot to do with my disabilities. x_x

✩ CrazyBunnyCoaster ✩

be strong takeru
Old April 8th, 2014 (04:46 PM).
I promise
Crystal Tier

Nature: Docile
Send a message via Skype™ to Jupiter
hai.

Username: White Mage
Topic answer: About New Game+? I think it's a nice feature, and should be including in future releases.
Final Fantasy games you've owned: I, IV, VI, VII, VIII, IX, XIII, Crisis Core, Tactics, Tactics Advance. I haven't played much of IX and Tactics though.
Choose a FF character to represent you (optional): Squall Leonhart

I'm getting X/X-2 HD in June. And XV when it comes out.
Old April 8th, 2014 (05:44 PM).
Deuseas
CS

Quote originally posted by White Mage:
hai.

Username: White Mage
Topic answer: About New Game+? I think it's a nice feature, and should be including in future releases.
Final Fantasy games you've owned: I, IV, VI, VII, VIII, IX, XIII, Crisis Core, Tactics, Tactics Advance. I haven't played much of IX and Tactics though.
Choose a FF character to represent you (optional): Squall Leonhart

I'm getting X/X-2 HD in June. And XV when it comes out.
Welcome!

Quote originally posted by Judge Mandolore Shepard:
The game + features wouldn't necessarily have to be gamechanging either. Like I know in FF I when you start a new game you get to keep your bestiary from the previous game. It didn't really affect the game all that much but it was a nice option.
art by Churaka

Old April 9th, 2014 (11:55 AM).
Crystal Tier

In Persona 4 Golden (unrelated, sorry), they have it so that when you complete the game, you get all your weapons and everything from your previous game in a new game+. I don't know if this could ever be an option for future Final Fantasy games or not, but it's kind of interesting.

✩ CrazyBunnyCoaster ✩

be strong takeru
Old April 9th, 2014 (12:07 PM).
the blossom pokémon
Crystal Tier

Nature: Relaxed
I think X-2 did NG+ really well. You carried over your story percentage, most importantly, which was helpful because if you made a certain choice at some point in the game (I think choosing New Yevon over the Youth League?), it's impossible to get 100% in a single playthrough. If you mess up on some of your percents, carrying them over means you don't have to redo everything you did the first time and can just concentrate on getting the % points you hadn't done already. Then it carries over dressphere levels, accessories and Key Items. So you can read Al Bhed from the beginning and you can equip Lucky Eggs to level up faster, etc. It was my first introduction to the concept of NG+ in JRPGs and it's the standard I set them to.

(LR:FF13 has a long listing of NG+ options too, I think, but I scrolled right past that entry when I looked all of them up because I haven't played it yet and don't want to know!)
Old April 9th, 2014 (12:43 PM).
Crystal Tier

Quote originally posted by Cherrim:
I think X-2 did NG+ really well. You carried over your story percentage, most importantly, which was helpful because if you made a certain choice at some point in the game (I think choosing New Yevon over the Youth League?), it's impossible to get 100% in a single playthrough. If you mess up on some of your percents, carrying them over means you don't have to redo everything you did the first time and can just concentrate on getting the % points you hadn't done already. Then it carries over dressphere levels, accessories and Key Items. So you can read Al Bhed from the beginning and you can equip Lucky Eggs to level up faster, etc. It was my first introduction to the concept of NG+ in JRPGs and it's the standard I set them to.

(LR:FF13 has a long listing of NG+ options too, I think, but I scrolled right past that entry when I looked all of them up because I haven't played it yet and don't want to know!)
Are the lucky eggs only available in NG+? O_O THose could help me so much.

✩ CrazyBunnyCoaster ✩

be strong takeru
Old April 9th, 2014 (02:01 PM).
the blossom pokémon
Crystal Tier

I think you get two of them during the game? I don't remember if you can get more than that if you play again. Probably. And Lucky Eggs raised your AP (or whatever Dress Sphere levelling was). There was another item for EXP but levelling your characters was arguably less important than Dress Spheres in FFX-2.
Old April 9th, 2014 (02:22 PM).
Deuseas
CS

I've never actually made it to the end of X-2. I made it to chapter five and beat the dark Aeons and got to the Do Re Mi puzzle and then got stumped because I had no idea what the heck was going on. Then like two weeks later I went and saw The Sound of Music play and when they started singing the song I stood up in my chair and I was like "OH ♥♥♥♥! THAT'S WHERE THAT'S FROM." But I had already deleted my save file because I was stumped and was sure that I had missed something. Since then I've just never gotten back into the game.
art by Churaka

Old April 9th, 2014 (02:29 PM).
the blossom pokémon
Crystal Tier

X-2 was actually the first Final Fantasy I ever played! I didn't really have consoles until I was kind of old so I managed to miss out on Final Fantasy entirely until we got a PS2. I remembered hearing that the Final Fantasies don't connect to each other so I could just play any of them and get a fresh story so I rented X-2. Figures I'd pick the one game (at the time) that was a direct sequel. :P

I still liked it, though, and I think the fact that it was my first FF means I was a lot more forgiving towards it than most of the fandom seems to have been. I really, really loved the battle system and it's still one of my favourite FFs even if it's not objectively as good as most of the others.
Old April 9th, 2014 (03:33 PM).
Crystal Tier

I loved X-2. I don't care what others say about it. XD I think the reaosn was because it doesn't follow the original concept for the other games they had. The music was different or something like that. I can't remember.

✩ CrazyBunnyCoaster ✩

be strong takeru
Old April 9th, 2014 (04:55 PM).
Silver Tier

Nature: Gentle
Even though X-2 was considered significantly underrated or not as well received compared to it's predecessor, I actually quite liked it when I first started playing the game on the PS2. I actually didn't complete the entire game, and I left it alone after getting to the point where I have to start watching that collection of spheres. Now that I have the HD Remaster version, which has trophy support, I feel more inclined to complete the game this time around, and get as close to 100% completion as possible the first playthrough :D I favoured XIII-2 over it's prequel as well simply because Lightning was out of the picture :c That sounds terrible, but she's one of the few Final Fantasy characters who I dislike.

— レイン · wonderland · love · achievements
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links