The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Entertainment & Hobbies > Fan Clubs & Groups

Notices

Fan Clubs & Groups Fan Clubs & Groups are places to go to find like-minded members and talk about similar interests. Join or create a club here if it doesn't fit in any of the other sections.
New threads in this forum are to be approved by a moderator before they are displayed.

Old April 16th, 2014 (10:00 AM).
The Fangirl
Community Supporter

Nature: Quirky
Send a message via Skype™ to The Fangirl
I don't spend enough time leveling. >< I'm the type of person who rushes a lot. I get impatient easily if I have to really level up. Right now, in FFX remastered HD, I have Yuna super powerful. XD She's got more power than Lulu with her mage spells do, so I use her a lot more.
|
blog | mibba | twitter

PelleK ‏@imPelleK
Now n then when ppl call me I answer as if I'm some local business.
"-Welcome to Westfold Tropical Zoo, how can I help you? :D" "-Fu PelleK"

Old April 16th, 2014 (11:23 AM).
Sonata
All my vices are devices
Community Supporter

Nature: Naughty
I try to keep stuff usually pretty average or under leveled. Until I get destroyed by something 3 or 4 times, then I get mad and start rampaging across the land fighting all of the weak little creatures I can find, and then I come back and destroy the boss. Like in X when I was having trouble with Seymour the first time you fight him in macalania temple I just backtracked all the way to the moonflow and then came back and went back and forth like that 4 or 5 times before I went and took him on again.
Old April 16th, 2014 (04:02 PM). Edited April 16th, 2014 by Dark Sneasel.
Dark Sneasel
dem Verdanturf flowers are sexy
Community Supporter

Nature: Hasty
Who is your favorite boss battle and why?

Mine would have to be Ex-Death (I believe he it's name is that) in FF 5. That thing was hella hard. I mastered a bunch of classes just to beat him it but in the end it was really fun.

Join Poketch.com, a new ROM hacking community! Click on the image for more!
Old April 16th, 2014 (04:05 PM).
Judge Mandolore Shepard
Spectre Agent
Community Supporter

Nature: Serious
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ninja Surskit View Post
Who is your favorite boss battle and why?

Mine would have to be Ex-Death (I believe he it's name is that) in FF 10. That thing was hella hard. I mastered a bunch of classes just to beat him it but in the end it was really fun.
I think you got the wrong Final Fantasy game there. Exdeath is a boss in Final Fantasy V, not X. Yeah, I agree that Exdeath is a pretty tough boss.

OSO STRONG
Old April 16th, 2014 (04:51 PM).
Dark Sneasel
Community Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Judge Mandolore Shepard View Post
I think you got the wrong Final Fantasy game there. Exdeath is a boss in Final Fantasy V, not X. Yeah, I agree that Exdeath is a pretty tough boss.
Ah, yeah my bad, I meant five. I haven't even beaten 10 (I have played it though.)

Old April 16th, 2014 (06:03 PM).
Sonata
All my vices are devices
Community Supporter

It's halfway through the week and it's time for a new topic.
Was there ever a time while playing a game by Squaresoft/enix that you felt awkward or maybe cringed?

There have been a few times during Squaresoft/enix games that I have cringed or looked around to make sure nobody was around because they made me feel weird or silly. One of the most memorable of these scenes is the all famous laughing scene in Final Fantasy X.
Old April 16th, 2014 (06:16 PM).
Cherrim
the blossom pokémon

Nature: Relaxed
I got stuck in FFIII. I was playing the DS version and I got stuck in some dungeon where I was too weak to move on and not die, but I also didn't have enough MP/healing items to make my way back to safety. I think I went the wrong way on the map and ended up in an area I'm not supposed to be until much later in the game. :( That's my problem with early games... I get lost so easily and I'm terrible at them when they aren't linear, haha. I still haven't tried playing it again, yet.

previously known as lightning.
tumblrtwitter

Old April 16th, 2014 (06:38 PM).
White Mage
don't let me drown
Community Supporter

Nature: Timid
Was there ever a time while playing a game by Squaresoft/enix that you felt awkward or maybe cringed?

Going into the Honeybee Inn in FFVII, sharing a hot tub with 8 half naked, muscular men. That was pretty weird.

"Why don't you stick around and play for a bit? Daddy's so lonely..."
"Here's a memento of our time together!" -Received Key Item 'Bikini Briefs'-"

ಠ_ಠ wat.
Old April 16th, 2014 (06:48 PM).
Judge Mandolore Shepard
Spectre Agent
Community Supporter

When it comes to a time when playing a game made by Squaresoft/Enix that has made me feel awkward or maybe cringed, there have been two such moments I can think of. The first one I could think of was acquiring the Lustful Loli-ho in Final Fantasy IV. The other awkward moment was in Lightning Returns: Final Fantasy XIII where I had to say a certain phrase to get an item. This is the certain awkward phrase:
Spoiler:
Meow, meow, choco chow

OSO STRONG
Old April 18th, 2014 (07:49 PM).
Sonata
All my vices are devices
Community Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cherrim View Post
I got stuck in FFIII. I was playing the DS version and I got stuck in some dungeon where I was too weak to move on and not die, but I also didn't have enough MP/healing items to make my way back to safety. I think I went the wrong way on the map and ended up in an area I'm not supposed to be until much later in the game. That's my problem with early games... I get lost so easily and I'm terrible at them when they aren't linear, haha. I still haven't tried playing it again, yet.
I gave Refia the Thief Job so I basically just have her steal from every single enemy so right now I have 99 potions and like 50 of every other item lol so I don't think I'll be having a problem with running out. My last game I tried going back to and was underleveled with no magic and literally no items, and like 50 gil in total with my jobs really weak too since I had just got a crystal. This time around I have level 99 on everyone's primary job for now and I'm getting ready to go get my second crystal. So I'm pretty excited about that
Old April 19th, 2014 (02:15 PM).
Raine
Community Supporter

Nature: Gentle

Huh. Well that's a question I never imagined to be associated with Square Enix games, but then again, I don't particularly pay attention to details like those XD Though, I did cringe whenever Seymour in Final Fantasy X showed up simply because he looks, and acts like a creepy stalker around Yuna D: The wedding scene between them was painful to watch; it burned my eyes @_@

— レイン · wonderland · love · achievements · appreciation
Old April 22nd, 2014 (05:48 AM).
Sonata
All my vices are devices
Community Supporter

Whoops, should have made a new topic sooner.
What do you think about characters dying?
This is a pretty vague topic, but what I want to say is what do you think/feel when a character is killed off? Do you think they deserved to die? Were you wishing for it? Do you wish you had the ability to kill off other characters?
Old April 22nd, 2014 (06:57 PM).
Raine
Community Supporter

Hm, if I recall correctly, and feel free to point out my mistake, but I only remember Aeris being the only main character that has been killed off \: I haven't played any games earlier than VII so I have no knowledge as to what happened in them. With that being said, since she is one of my favourite video game characters, it was devastating in the game, and having to be reminded in the movie D: My favourite characters dying off happens more in anime/manga series, but not so much in Final Fantasy. I would never wish to kill off a character even if I wouldn't consider them likeable; I grow with cast while I'm playing the game, and by the end of the game, I often do have one or two favourites meanwhile the rest are neutral.

Old April 22nd, 2014 (07:46 PM).
Sonata
All my vices are devices
Community Supporter

Well, there is a rather largish list of Characters who have died in the games, a few were extremely main characters, a few were guests, then obviously a ton of NPC's die but they were somewhat important NPC's. Really the topic ranges anything from NPC to basic enemy to bosses to main/guest characters. Like in FF II a toooooon of people are killed. Basically anyone that you take into your party that isn't there from the beginning of the game will die and pretty much anyone that you talk to throughout the game has a pretty good chance of dying.
Old April 24th, 2014 (10:51 AM).
The Fangirl
Community Supporter

Nature: Quirky
Send a message via Skype™ to The Fangirl
Is it safe to create a new topic here? O_o It seems as though this place is pretty dead right now.

What character do you feel relates to you the most? I mean, personality-wise.

For me, it would have to be Rikku. The reason is because she's really hyper, talks a lot and can't sit still. This is often me once you get to know me more. XD I also feel like I'm somewhat like Yuffie too. She's got somewhat the same personality Rikku has.
|
blog | mibba | twitter

PelleK ‏@imPelleK
Now n then when ppl call me I answer as if I'm some local business.
"-Welcome to Westfold Tropical Zoo, how can I help you? :D" "-Fu PelleK"

Old April 24th, 2014 (12:22 PM).
Sonata
All my vices are devices
Community Supporter

I would have to say either Cloud or Leon in the first couple of discs. We share the common bonds of always falling behind someone and not wanting to have to have people rely on us because we know we're just going to fail and ♥♥♥♥ everything up.

Also if you find you have 45 minutes to spare throughout your day and feel like feeling some good music, you should go give this a listen. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YRJYYKxYIws
Old April 24th, 2014 (04:29 PM).
PinkOmnimon
Alpha and Omega

Nature: Sassy
Username: PinkOmnimon
Topic answer: I would have to sat the character that represents me personality wise is Yuna. I haven' beaten the game but she's so shy and kind
Final Fantasy games you've owned: X, X-2, IV, V, VI, I, II, III
Choose a FF character to represent you (optional): Yuna
Old April 24th, 2014 (05:31 PM).
White Mage
don't let me drown
Community Supporter

Nature: Timid

Probably Squall or Auron. I'm mostly a quiet, reserved, and serious person who can come off as cold sometimes, although I'm perfectly capable of being social when I want to.
Old April 24th, 2014 (08:22 PM). Edited April 24th, 2014 by UltraNerdtendo64.
UltraNerdtendo64
Retro Reviver!

Nature: Quiet
Username: UltraNerdtendo64

Topic: Probably Locke from Final Fantasy VI. I don't know. Not really the thief- I mean treasure hunting part, but heck. Let's just say that our personality traits and behaviour are very, very, similar.

Final Fantasy Games Owned:
Final Fantasy IV (SNES / DS)
Final Fantasy VI (SNES / GBA)
Crisis Core: Final Fantasy VII (PSP)
Final Fantasy VII (PC)
Theatrhythm Final Fantasy (iOS)
Final Fantasy Dimensions (iOS)
Final Fantasy: All The Bravest (iOS)
(Yeah I'm fairly new to the franchise)

FF Representative Character - Zack Fair (Crisis Core: Final Fantasy VII)
Old April 25th, 2014 (05:39 AM).
Sonata
All my vices are devices
Community Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by UltraNerdtendo64 View Post
Username: UltraNerdtendo64

Topic: Probably Locke from Final Fantasy VI. I don't know. Not really the thief- I mean treasure hunting part, but heck. Let's just say that our personality traits and behaviour are very, very, similar.

Final Fantasy Games Owned:
Final Fantasy IV (SNES / DS)
Final Fantasy VI (SNES / GBA)
Crisis Core: Final Fantasy VII (PSP)
Final Fantasy VII (PC)
Theatrhythm Final Fantasy (iOS)
Final Fantasy Dimensions (iOS)
Final Fantasy: All The Bravest (iOS)
(Yeah I'm fairly new to the franchise)

FF Representative Character - Zack Fair (Crisis Core: Final Fantasy VII)
Welcome to the club! I hope you enjoy it nd find it very homey.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PinkOmnimon View Post
Username: PinkOmnimon
Topic answer: I would have to sat the character that represents me personality wise is Yuna. I haven' beaten the game but she's so shy and kind
Final Fantasy games you've owned: X, X-2, IV, V, VI, I, II, III
Choose a FF character to represent you (optional): Yuna
Welcome to the club! I hope you enjoy it nd find it very homey.
Old April 25th, 2014 (06:03 AM).
Magic
Guardian of the Great Rift

Username: Magic
Topic answer: "What do you think about characters dying?" I mean... I try to avoid it - but it's a game right? If they die I'll just life them.
Final Fantasy games you've owned: I/II, (GBA version) III (DS?), VI, VIII, IX, X, X-2, XI, XII, XII-Revenant Wings, XIII, XIII-2, XIII-LR, FFXIV original, FFXIV:RR, FFTx2
Choose a FF character to represent you: I think I'm a mix of Wakka and Lulu I may well be their child. I'm often silly and lighthearted, but I can ground myself quickly and I do love a bit of sarcastic shaming .

I'm currently addicted to FFXIV:RR It's far too good for an MMO. Excited for FFXV though! If it ever materialises...
Old April 25th, 2014 (02:12 PM).
Raine
Community Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magic View Post
I'm currently addicted to FFXIV:RR ;-; It's far too good for an MMO. Excited for FFXV though! If it ever materialises...
I'm so jealous ): I literally only played for 2 days when my friend got me the PC version for my birthday last year because of school, and it was damn addicting! Sadly I removed Windows OS from my MacBook so I have no means of playing it unless I get it for the PS3, but I'm intending to build a custom PC sometime within the next year so I can play MMOs again :D I've seen so many gameplay videos of A Realm Reborn, and it makes me feel depressed that I can't play ;-; One day!

Old April 27th, 2014 (06:12 PM).
Dark Sneasel
Community Supporter

Makes the game sadder (depending who, like the guy, Joseph I think his name was, in FF2) if the player was someone I liked, but most definitely makes the game much much more fun.

Old April 27th, 2014 (07:02 PM).
Sonata
All my vices are devices
Community Supporter

I've been trying for a couple of days now to make a poll for what we should do for an emblem since we've been getting close to the point of where we can make one, but nothing has been working out so I'm just going to make a regular old post and make it the topic.

What do you think we should do for an emblem?
One of my thoughts when I was first making this club was that if we ever got to the point of being able to make an emblem we should have a sort of battle royale involving our representative characters and the winner would have their character displayed as the emblem or the person the character is representing would be able to decide the emblem and the quote along with it. But I'm not too sure how that would work. Another thing I had thought on was just using Auron because he would be easiest, but I would like for us to maybe have a little fun with it since it's just right around the corner and it would not make the members of our group feel something if I just went out and made an emblem that nobody liked. So what are your thoughts?
Old April 28th, 2014 (05:59 AM).
Judge Mandolore Shepard
Spectre Agent
Community Supporter

When coming up with an emblem for this fan club, I would suggest a crystal. This is because crystals are one of the main recurring elements of the Final Fantasy series. Another choice would be a chocobo, since that is another recurring element in the series.

OSO STRONG
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links