The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Entertainment & Hobbies > Fan Clubs & Groups

Notices

Fan Clubs & Groups Fan Clubs & Groups are places to go to find like-minded members and talk about similar interests. Join or create a club here if it doesn't fit in any of the other sections.
New threads in this forum are to be approved by a moderator before they are displayed.

Closed Thread
Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old April 27th, 2014 (07:47 AM).
PSNGhost

Nature: Adamant
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Void View Post
Awesome. Welcome to the community.

Today is the day Catholics call "The Day of Four Popes" because apparently four popes are "present" in the Vatican. Any thoughts?
As a Lutheran, it is very hard to not bash Catholics, so I really rather not start a whole big rant.

CLICK THE EGG BELOW AND HELP ME HATCH MY DRAGON!

7 days before my egg dies. D:
Old April 27th, 2014 (07:59 AM).
The Void
Iron hand in a velvet glove

Nature: Calm
Quote:
Originally Posted by PSNGhost View Post
As a Lutheran, it is very hard to not bash Catholics, so I really rather not start a whole big rant.
No, it's fine. As long as you give enough reasons to support your theology and cut out the flaming. This is a place for discussing about Christianity after all.
Old April 29th, 2014 (05:51 PM).
Rinna
Uhm..woof?

Nature: Careful
I'd like to join :D

Username: Rinna
Are you a Christian?: Yes, I believe in one God, the Father, Jesus Christ, His Son and the Holy Ghost
Denomination: Not sure
Old April 30th, 2014 (04:50 PM).
Sonata
All my vices are devices
Community Supporter

Nature: Naughty
I think that the church needs to not make holidays for things just because they can.

I had a question for everyone; do you actually practice what the bible teaches or do you think some of the teachings in it are outdated? Obviously the ones about shaving have been tossed aside over the years, do you think it's time we toss aside more of them? Just what do you think overall about the subject? I don't really know what I'm asking but I know what I'm asking. Just run with it.
Old May 1st, 2014 (06:50 PM).
The Void

Quote:
Originally Posted by O'aka XXIII View Post
I think that the church needs to not make holidays for things just because they can.
The Church no longer makes holidays. It follows holidays according to the traditions it made hundreds of years ago.

Quote:
I had a question for everyone; do you actually practice what the bible teaches or do you think some of the teachings in it are outdated? Obviously the ones about shaving have been tossed aside over the years, do you think it's time we toss aside more of them? Just what do you think overall about the subject? I don't really know what I'm asking but I know what I'm asking. Just run with it.
Most laws that appear in the Old Testament (shaving, passover, circumcision, etc.) are Jewish traditions that mostly do not apply in absoluteness to Christians anymore. Christ instituted a new law above all other laws:

Quote:
Originally Posted by John 15:12
This is my commandment, that you love one another, as I have loved you.
The Ten Commandments still very much apply.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matthew 5:17
Do not think that I am come to destroy the law, or the prophets. I am not come to destroy, but to fulfill.
Old May 2nd, 2014 (05:13 PM).
Orpheus
[Insert pun that nobody gets]

Quote:
Actually, The only teachings that I don't follow are the Jewish traditions.

Theme

CSS by Sheep

Old May 6th, 2014 (03:42 AM).
BadPokemon
Child of Christ

Quote:

Some things we do, and some not. Jesus came to Peter in a vision after he rose into Heaven. He said we could eat unclean animals, stop sacrificing, etc. we don't have to circumcise when we become believers... We can do it as a baby (thank goodness). I think communion, Easter, and Christmas are important. Well, as long as you focus on the true meaning. I don't think we should drop any and certainly not add any.
For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that who ever believe in him should not perish, but have everlasting life. - John 3:16

I believe in Jesus Christ my Savior. If you do too, and aren't scared to admit it, then copy and paste this in your signature.

Member of the Christian Community!
Old May 11th, 2014 (07:08 PM).
Wiicked
Let it Snow

Nature: Quirky
Send a message via Skype™ to Wiicked
Username: Wicked3DS
Are you Christian?: Yes
Denomination: Originally Methodist, have since switched to a non-denominational.

Quote:

Reading through the gospels, you'll find that Jesus is more concerned with us being honest and turning to God than he is with following a strict set of laws. This doesn't mean that we can run around doing whatever we want, however, because we still have the responsibility of showing the world what work God has done through Jesus' death.

Moderator of Pokémon Clubs
Owner of the Fire, Poison, and Bug-type Clubs
WickeDex! Pokédex Completion Journey
Old May 11th, 2014 (08:38 PM).
The Void

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wicked3DS View Post
Username: Wicked3DS
Are you Christian?: Yes
Denomination: Originally Methodist, have since switched to a non-denominational.
Welcome! What made you decide to become non-denominational?
Old May 12th, 2014 (04:10 AM).
Wiicked
Let it Snow

It was more of my own church than it was personal preference. The Methodists typically believe in working with everyone around them, but our new pastor decided to work with no one but his own "new regime" as it came to be known. If it didn't work the way he saw fit, he claimed it didn't point to Christ and cut it out. He cut off the leader of our missions work, then had the nerve to say "we need to do more hands-on mission work." My friend was going to the new church I'm going to now and brought me there. It's very focused and it just happens to be non-denominational.

Old May 13th, 2014 (03:11 AM).
BadPokemon
Child of Christ

Quote:
It was more of my own church than it was personal preference. The Methodists typically believe in working with everyone around them, but our new pastor decided to work with no one but his own "new regime" as it came to be known. If it didn't work the way he saw fit, he claimed it didn't point to Christ and cut it out. He cut off the leader of our missions work, then had the nerve to say "we need to do more hands-on mission work." My friend was going to the new church I'm going to now and brought me there. It's very focused and it just happens to be non-denominational.
As a Presbyterian, we have a system of "checks and balances". We don't run into that very much. Money spent and stuff is decided through this system.

Anyways, welcome!
For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that who ever believe in him should not perish, but have everlasting life. - John 3:16

I believe in Jesus Christ my Savior. If you do too, and aren't scared to admit it, then copy and paste this in your signature.

Old May 15th, 2014 (08:27 PM).
Wiicked
Let it Snow

We kind of had that until he came along, then everything got dissolved. Apparently the head of finances resigned on the spot because she got volunteered for something without her permission...it's a mess. And everyone says "don't leave your church" but if you aren't producing God's fruits, you need to find a way to draw into Him more.

Old May 18th, 2014 (05:40 PM).
BadPokemon
Child of Christ

This needs to be bumped. Should we start a new topic? This one seems to have died.

Old May 18th, 2014 (10:49 PM).
Kanzler
naughty biscotti
Community Supporter

Nature: Relaxed
Username: Kanzler
Are you Christian?: Nope
Denomination: N/A

I am an atheist who has begun to practice Buddhism :D But I feel that within a very short time I can notice similarities between values and virtues between the two religions/philosophies (for example between similarities meditation and prayer) and this has led an atheist to a greater appreciation of all faiths. I'm a lot more passionate and interested about connecting to people on a spiritual level now.

What's the new topic nowadays? Perhaps I can start one: What does 'faith' mean to you?
Old May 22nd, 2014 (06:55 PM).
Wiicked
Let it Snow

What does 'faith' mean to you?

As a dictionary definition (just for a blanket purposes to start the discussion), faith is "confidence or trust in a person or thing" as well as "belief that is not based on proof."

Faith as far as Christianity is concerned to me means believing that God will work things for my best if I trust that he will no matter what problems and chaos surround me and regardless of any doubt I may have.

Old May 22nd, 2014 (08:50 PM).
BadPokemon
Child of Christ

Faith to me is everything. It is believing in God even though I don't see Him. It is how we get to Heaven. It is believing all the stories in the Bible. However, my faith isn't blind!

Old May 24th, 2014 (02:28 AM).
Sonata
All my vices are devices
Community Supporter

Nature: Naughty

Trust. Trust that no matter how bad things get God will be there to help you through it, or there will be a lesson learned at the end of it/you'll be made a better person in some way/etc..
Old May 24th, 2014 (06:41 AM).
The Void

I like how this article puts it.

Faith is different from belief in that in includes our beliefs, but also requires action and confidence.

"So you see, faith by itself isn’t enough. Unless it produces good deeds, it is dead and useless." -- James 2:17

As a Catholic, I firmly believe that God's grace, faith, and good works are the three most necessary things for salvation.
Old May 24th, 2014 (12:49 PM).
Wiicked
Let it Snow

Quote:

Trust. Trust that no matter how bad things get God will be there to help you through it, or there will be a lesson learned at the end of it/you'll be made a better person in some way/etc..
I like this response. The truth is, even if things don't work out for the best right away, there is usually a lesson to be learned at the end.

Old May 27th, 2014 (07:16 AM).
BadPokemon
Child of Christ

Can we do prayer requests?

I have a friend who has cancer and had about a year to live. The doctors said they may be able to put her into remission and save her. Can you guys pray for her? Her family is going through a tough time as well...

Old June 3rd, 2014 (02:02 PM).
Wiicked
Let it Snow

http://carm.org/more-stuff/features/pokemon-what-it

This is an article I just stumbled upon saying that Pokémon is of the occult. I always thought these people went too far, what do you make of this?

Old June 4th, 2014 (04:17 AM).
The Void

Your friend is in my prayers, BadPokemon!

Quote:
http://carm.org/more-stuff/features/pokemon-what-it

This is an article I just stumbled upon saying that Pokémon is of the occult. I always thought these people went too far, what do you make of this?
Yes, I think CARM is very extreme on this. But seeing as they "managed" to denounce and disprove every other belief and denomination whose doctrines don't match its own, I can't say I'm surprised.
Old June 4th, 2014 (11:28 AM).
BadPokemon
Child of Christ

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Void View Post
Your friend is in my prayers, BadPokemon!

Yes, I think CARM is very extreme on this. But seeing as they "managed" to denounce and disprove every other belief and denomination whose doctrines don't match its own, I can't say I'm surprised.
While I don't think it is a bad thing for them to do this because some parents may not like this about the games. However, they are wrong. Pokemon want to fight and they don't die from it. The games and anime clearly teach friendship with pokemon and loving them (we can see this with Ash, his friends, the professors, and many other things. I grew up in a Christian household, and my parents bought me my first pokemon game. The evolution thing didn't teach me anything other than my pokemon got stronger and cooler. I think they went a little overboard with this one. PETA did the same thing as well.

Old June 4th, 2014 (01:02 PM).
Wiicked
Let it Snow

I think "evolution" is the main buzzword and it really means a lot of different things, but extreme Christian groups only see it in the context of Darwin and all of that, when really it means to grow and change and become better, which is essentially what people should be doing every day.

Old June 5th, 2014 (12:28 AM). Edited June 5th, 2014 by awolfsquared.
awolfsquared
I wish you a Merry Christmas!! (or CHRIStmas)
Community Supporter

Nature: Modest
Send a message via Skype™ to awolfsquared
Joining! Finally good seeing a Christian community here. :)

Username: Kouzan
Are you Christian?:Yes. That's why I'm joining. :P I believe in God and that Jesus sacrificed himself out of his love for the world. There's too many good things in the world for me not to believe in Him.
Denomination: Roman Catholic

I like Wicked's definition of evolution personally. :) My dad always believed that God had a part in evolution and I agree completely. But Wicked's definition gives a whole new perspective I never thought of before. We all grow and change cause that's something all humans do. No one was the same person they were 5 or 10 years ago were they? I really would hope not. Our tastes and beliefs change all the time. Just natural.

Merry Christmas everyone!
DeviantArt | Tumblr | Ask Me Stuff | Paired to
Closed Thread
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links