The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Entertainment & Hobbies > Fan Clubs & Groups

Notices

Fan Clubs & Groups Fan Clubs & Groups are places to go to find like-minded members and talk about similar interests. Join or create a club here if it doesn't fit in any of the other sections.
New threads in this forum are to be approved by a moderator before they are displayed.

Advertise here

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old June 10th, 2014, 05:12 PM
BadPokemon
Child of Christ

Nature: Calm

Advertise here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kouzan View Post
Joining! Finally good seeing a Christian community here.

Username: Kouzan
Are you Christian?:Yes. That's why I'm joining. I believe in God and that Jesus sacrificed himself out of his love for the world. There's too many good things in the world for me not to believe in Him.
Denomination: Roman Catholic

I like Wicked's definition of evolution personally. My dad always believed that God had a part in evolution and I agree completely. But Wicked's definition gives a whole new perspective I never thought of before. We all grow and change cause that's something all humans do. No one was the same person they were 5 or 10 years ago were they? I really would hope not. Our tastes and beliefs change all the time. Just natural.
Welcome! I hope you enjoy your stay! Are you talking about the play, Wicked? I saw it, and it was amazing! What is your favorite book of the Bible? Person?
For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that who ever believe in him should not perish, but have everlasting life. - John 3:16

I believe in Jesus Christ my Savior. If you do too, and aren't scared to admit it, then copy and paste this in your signature.

Member of the Christian Community!
Old June 10th, 2014, 05:32 PM
awolfsquared
I like to do 'Garfield Mondays'
Community Supporter

Nature: Modest
Send a message via Skype™ to awolfsquared
Quote:
Originally Posted by BadPokemon View Post
Welcome! I hope you enjoy your stay! Are you talking about the play, Wicked? I saw it, and it was amazing! What is your favorite book of the Bible? Person?
Lol no, I was talking about Wicked3DS's take on evolution from a few posts above. Really puts a different perspective on things. :)

I really don't read the Bible as often as I should so I really don't think I have a favorite book or person. I always found the Book of Job interesting though. And one of my favorite verses always will be Matthew 7:3.

"And why do you look at the splinter in your brother's eye, and not notice the beam which is in your own eye?"

"I have no idea what I'm doing. but I know I'm doing it really, really well."- Andy Dwyer
DeviantArt | Tumblr | Art Gallery | Ask Me Stuff | Paired to
Old June 10th, 2014, 05:41 PM
BadPokemon
Child of Christ

Quote:
Lol no, I was talking about Wicked3DS's take on evolution from a few posts above. Really puts a different perspective on things.

I really don't read the Bible as often as I should so I really don't think I have a favorite book or person. I always found the Book of Job interesting though. And one of my favorite verses always will be Matthew 7:3.

"And why do you look at the splinter in your brother's eye, and not notice the beam which is in your own eye?"
I like Genesis, Revelations, Proverbs, ans John the best. My mistake, lol. I have no idea where that came from. Too tired. I really like Joseph and David's story.
For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that who ever believe in him should not perish, but have everlasting life. - John 3:16

I believe in Jesus Christ my Savior. If you do too, and aren't scared to admit it, then copy and paste this in your signature.

Old June 10th, 2014, 06:28 PM
awolfsquared
Community Supporter

Quote:
I like Genesis, Revelations, Proverbs, ans John the best. My mistake, lol. I have no idea where that came from. Too tired. I really like Joseph and David's story.
Yeah that's the thing about the Bible. It's been written in so many languages and interpreted in so many ways. I was quoting it from the Weymouth New Testament version.

http://biblehub.com/matthew/7-3.htm

For my First Reconciliation , my teacher made me do a project and one part was to choose a bible verse we liked and draw it. She would read us bible verses everyday and that one really stood out to me. I guess cause it's saying that before we judge others for their faults and sin, we should look at ours first. There's many people who criticize people for their sins and actions but don't look at theirs which are even bigger. They become hypocrites.

Totally fine though cause I'm tired too.

"I have no idea what I'm doing. but I know I'm doing it really, really well."- Andy Dwyer
Old June 11th, 2014, 02:28 AM
The Void
Comforter, philosopher, and lifelong mate

I should read the Bible more often. My busyness always serves as a distraction. The first book I finished reading is Revelations, something I found very interesting when I was small. I give a contrite prayer regularly though, so I guess that somehow makes up for it.

I remember how nervous and scared I was during my First Confession. I was educated on the importance of the sacrament, God's mercy, etc. but I don't think I absorbed much of it as a child, hence my nervousness.
Old June 11th, 2014, 03:57 AM
Synerjee
the oncoming storm.

Nature: Relaxed
OMG a Christian Community! Thought this would never happen! Thank you for stepping up and making this, The Void. It takes great courage.

Username: Autumn Reverie

Are you Christian?: Yes!

Denomination: Protestant

What's your reflection on Easter?:
Easter signifies how Jesus Christ overcame the grave for us all so that we may have eternal life. <3

pairs | twitter | showdown | pc family
Old June 11th, 2014, 04:32 AM
The Void

Quote:
Originally Posted by Autumn Reverie View Post
OMG a Christian Community! Thought this would never happen! Thank you for stepping up and making this, The Void. It takes great courage.

Username: Autumn Reverie

Are you Christian?: Yes!

Denomination: Protestant

What's your reflection on Easter?:
Easter signifies how Jesus Christ overcame the grave for us all so that we may have eternal life. <3
Welcome Autumn Reverie! :D Thanks for the compliment. I make it a point to try to spread God's love wherever I go; even online.
Old June 11th, 2014, 06:01 AM
Judge Mandolore Shepard
Spectre Agent
Community Supporter

Nature: Serious
I recall I have read the Bible in a week. As for favorite books, my favorites are Numbers, Ezekiel, Tobit, Romans, and Revelation. As for favorite people, one of my favorites would have to be Samson. One reason why he is one of my favorites is because he killed a lot of Philistines with the jawbone of a donkey.

OSO STRONG
Old June 11th, 2014, 06:16 PM
Kanzler
スペースディスコ ��82.
Community Supporter

I never liked the stories in which Philistines were killed. I drew a lot of parallels between that and the Holocaust and other ethnic cleansings.
Old June 11th, 2014, 06:43 PM
awolfsquared
Community Supporter

Speaking of killing and scary stuff, Revelation has always scarred me when I was younger and still does to an extent. All the violence and apocalypse prophecies are just horrifying (though I never expected it to be rainbows and sunshine but still) . I just really hope I'm not alive when the world ends. D:

And given I don't have a favorite book, I should probably read the Bible more. I never have time to read anything with school and everything. I used to have a Bible app on my iPod which made it easier, but since iPod broke, finding time to read a Bible has been difficult.

Last edited by awolfsquared; June 11th, 2014 at 06:51 PM.
Old June 11th, 2014, 06:58 PM
Wicked3DS
Alex

Nature: Quirky
I enjoy Acts a lot with the stories of the early church, I find it quite enlightening. I also like Romans a lot, Romans 12 is my favorite chapter in the Bible.

My ReverbNation Page

Moderator of Pokémon Clubs

Owner of the Fire and Poison-type Clubs
Old June 11th, 2014, 07:12 PM
The Void

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanzler View Post
I never liked the stories in which Philistines were killed. I drew a lot of parallels between that and the Holocaust and other ethnic cleansings.
The hatred was mutual, though. The Philistines were the ones who wanted to kill the Hebrews.

So I don't know about the Holocaust; it's not as if the Jews had an army of their own to fight Hitler. Maybe think of it more as a crusade?
Old June 11th, 2014, 07:52 PM
Kanzler
スペースディスコ ��82.
Community Supporter

Didn't the Hebrews migrate into Canaan? -oh I think I meant the Canaanites. Some people living in the Promised Land had to be removed for the Chosen People.

Violence is violence. But religiously justified? Ick. Anyways, I'm sure the Bible presents such a glorified presentation of history that would make professors want to rip their own heads off.
Old June 11th, 2014, 10:23 PM
The Void

Ohh, I see what you're getting to here. During the time of the Exodus, the Israelites had an immature understanding of God -- they believed him to be a God of wrath and self-righteousness, someone who loved punishing people. Thus there may have been misinterpretations regarding the will of God.

Plus the Canaanites constantly defiled God through wicked rebellions and rituals. Their blood sacrifices caused unrest and widespread retribution across the nation, so Canaan was never even stable to begin with. I'm not using this to justify the Canaanite genocide, but to say that they would have destroyed themselves anyway.
Old June 13th, 2014, 03:28 PM
Orpheus
Fml

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanzler View Post
Didn't the Hebrews migrate into Canaan? -oh I think I meant the Canaanites. Some people living in the Promised Land had to be removed for the Chosen People.
They didn't have to be removed. The two could have lived in harmony. But they rebelled against God and... well we all see how people can be blinded by their religious beliefs. The Canaanites were terrible people and, as The Void said, would ultimately have destroyed themselves. So if you think about it the genocide of the Canaanites was a form of mercy, and it kept them from falling victim of their own vices.

Pair

Theme

CSS by Sheep

Old June 16th, 2014, 10:53 AM
Malek Warhawk
Epic Adventurer

Nature: Naive
It'd be EPIC to hang out with other video-game loving christians...

Username: Stoney the Togekiss
Are you christian?: I have been for as long as I can remember...
Denomination:
Um... I don't mean to be disrepectful, but does this really matter?
Isn't the improtant thing is that we are ALL brothers & sisters in christ?
Old June 18th, 2014, 02:16 AM
The Void

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stoney the Togekiss View Post
It'd be EPIC to hang out with other video-game loving christians...

Username: Stoney the Togekiss
Are you christian?: I have been for as long as I can remember...
Denomination:
Um... I don't mean to be disrepectful, but does this really matter?
Isn't the improtant thing is that we are ALL brothers & sisters in christ?
Hey there Stoney the Togekiss!

It sort of does -- different denominations have different beliefs, and some of those differences can be really big. So in order for members to better communicate and improve understanding with one another, it makes sense for them to know the others' beliefs first.

However, if you're unsure of, or uncomfortable in providing your denomination then I completely understand. Indeed, what matters is that you are a brother in Christ Welcome!
Old June 18th, 2014, 06:42 AM
awolfsquared
Community Supporter

Welcome Stoney! I agree with you to an extent cause since we all believe in the same God and have similar teachings (but of course with differences). We should all get along together and not hate each other cause one of us does it slightly different than the other.

Though for the sake of the club, I'd also agree with The Void that it can be needed just so we can each other here more since not all Christian denominations are exactly the same.

Old June 18th, 2014, 11:53 AM
Malek Warhawk
Epic Adventurer

Thanks The Void & Kouzan!

I did ask my grandmother about what denomination I'd be under & she said that our family is of the non-denominational type.
Old June 18th, 2014, 03:13 PM
Venitardus
Breeder

Send a message via Skype™ to Venitardus
I actually saw this a while ago and thought about joining, but I haven't been on so I haven't joined..

Username: Venitardus
Are you Christian?: Yes
Denomination: I'm not sure, actually.
Friend safari: Normal •Pokemon X/Y: Loudred, Dunsparce, Smeargle
Let me know if you add me, I'll add you as well. You wanna talk, then let's talk.
Recent owner of: Pokémon breeders club
Alpha Sapphire!!
Old June 21st, 2014, 10:50 AM
BadPokemon
Child of Christ

Quote:
Speaking of killing and scary stuff, Revelation has always scarred me when I was younger and still does to an extent. All the violence and apocalypse prophecies are just horrifying (though I never expected it to be rainbows and sunshine but still) . I just really hope I'm not alive when the world ends. D:

And given I don't have a favorite book, I should probably read the Bible more. I never have time to read anything with school and everything. I used to have a Bible app on my iPod which made it easier, but since iPod broke, finding time to read a Bible has been difficult.
Yes, but us Christians will be in Heaven before it starts. It's also a good time because hundreds of thousands, if not millions of people will be converted and go to Heaven.

Old June 21st, 2014, 11:27 AM
awolfsquared
Community Supporter

Quote:
Yes, but us Christians will be in Heaven before it starts. It's also a good time because hundreds of thousands, if not millions of people will be converted and go to Heaven. :)
Well that definitely makes it a little less horrifying. :) Even if it's scary in words, it will probably be positive too. I honestly can't wait to see what Heaven looks like. I'm sure it's not the clouds and golden roads that artists interpret it as, but it's definitely probably gonna be pleasant and beautiful.

Old June 21st, 2014, 11:40 AM
BadPokemon
Child of Christ

Quote:
Well that definitely makes it a little less horrifying. Even if it's scary in words, it will probably be positive too. I honestly can't wait to see what Heaven looks like. I'm sure it's not the clouds and golden roads that artists interpret it as, but it's definitely probably gonna be pleasant and beautiful.
I think the Bible actually describes it as made of gold. When the end of the world is finished, I think God creates a new earth, and that is where Heaven will be located.

I have always imagined Heaven as a large city with Gods throne at the end of it. There are houses all over customized to our liking. I really don't. All I know is that it will be better than whatever anybody can imagine.

Old June 21st, 2014, 01:03 PM
Malek Warhawk
Epic Adventurer

Quote:
I think the Bible actually describes it as made of gold. When the end of the world is finished, I think God creates a new earth, and that is where Heaven will be located.

I have always imagined Heaven as a large city with Gods throne at the end of it. There are houses all over customized to our liking. I really don't. All I know is that it will be better than whatever anybody can imagine.
What I've been told is that J.R.R. Tolkien's part of heaven looks like Middle Earth & that the author of the Narinia series part of heaven looks like
Narnia... So it sounds like we each get not just houses but also large amount of land that is customized to our liking...
Old June 21st, 2014, 01:07 PM
BadPokemon
Child of Christ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stoney the Togekiss View Post
What I've been told is that J.R.R. Tolkien's part of heaven looks like Middle Earth & that the author of the Narinia series part of heaven looks like
Narnia... So it sounds like we each get not just houses but also large amount of land that is customized to our liking...
Sounds great! Unfortunetely, however, we don't actually know all that much about Heaven. We do have the books "Heaven is for Real" and stuff, but how do we know they are legit?

Quick Reply

Sponsored Links

Advertise here