Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Pokémon Discussions > Pokémon General > Pokémon Polls
Reload this Page [PokéPOTW] #16: What a Croc!

Notices
For all updates, view the main page.

Pokémon Polls Express your opinion in straightforward polls and questions about Pokémon that would otherwise fit in Pokémon General if they weren't so, well, straightforward. Vote away!

View Poll Results: Which crocodilian Pokémon do you prefer?
18 52.94%
16 47.06%
Voters: 34. You may not vote on this poll

Old June 8th, 2014 (12:57 PM).
Nothing shredded, nothing gained.
ModeratorCS

Nature: Careful
Send a message via Skype™ to Osiris
Hey everyone, welcome back for another edition of the Poké-Poll of the Week here in Pokémon Voting Polls! Please make sure that when posting, you're following all PC and PP rules, especially:
Quote:
Don't just list- expand on your answers! Don’t just tell us that Pikachu is your favorite Pokémon- tell us why! If you’re just listing or giving very short answers, your post may be deleted, and could be up for a warning or an infraction if it becomes a recurring issue.
This week, our POTW question was suggested by classiccartoonsftw, who will receive a special emblem for his contribution. If you'd like to receive a special emblem of your own, feel free to VM me or just leave an idea with your post, and if your poll gets used, you'll get the emblem! Anyways, this week's poll question is:

Which family of crocodilian Pokémon do you prefer?

Obviously since there's only 2 choices this week, it's not a multiple choice poll, but let us know why you picked who you did in your post below!

Old June 8th, 2014 (05:10 PM).
Not splitting the party

Nature: Quirky
I like Krookodile's trio the most. Why, you may ask? Well, I normally like dark types the best. Also, it's pretty efficient in combat, and it has a nice name pun.

I haven't been online in forever. Sorry if I inconvenienced you when I left.
Old June 8th, 2014 (05:37 PM).

Nature: Modest
I'd have to say krookadiles group because of the dragon type moves and combination of rock types and ground types. Love it.
Old June 8th, 2014 (05:49 PM).
the blood of angry men

Nature: Hasty
Totodile's line, since I generally prefer water-types and I used him the most. He isn't too bad in battle either.

enjolras was a charming young man
who was capable of being terrible
Old June 9th, 2014 (12:29 AM).
tongue-tied

Nature: Bold
Sandile-Krokorok-Krookodile

Actually I don't like either very much. But if if it is to choose between the two Sandile is a better option because of its useful stats on complete evolution(High Speed-High Attack) and Dark/Ground type combo which gives it two immunities against Psychic as well as electric.

Totodile on the other hand doesn't have that useful stats when it evolves to Feraligatr. -10 HP compared to Krookodile makes a great difference. It may have better defense but not as better considering its speed.

Also IMO Krookodile has got great looks compared to Feraligatr.
Old June 9th, 2014 (08:33 AM).

Totodile (and respective evolutions). Don't even know the others...
Old June 9th, 2014 (09:01 AM).
The Kitten Pokémon
Silver Tier

Nature: Quiet
I chose Krookodile because he is a beast with Moxie. Sure, the one I used in B2 was actually one of N's Pokemon, so it had very high stats, but I'm sure your average Krook will still kick butt, because they're fast and strong. That, and it also looks very cool. AND, apart from my own, there's also Ash's Krookodile in the anime, who had a great personality, so there's another reason for my choice this week.
Old June 9th, 2014 (10:18 AM).
To end a 21 error streak, just press F5.

Nature: Adamant
I prefer Feraligatr since it can boost with Dragon Dance and sweep provided the weather is rainy, and also because it looks really good. Would like to mention that Totodile is one of the cutest Pokemon ever.

I've never tried Krookodile in OU, but the one Ash owns is cool.

"<TLCNU> Escavalier literally is 2HKOed by Stoutland Fire Fang, Metang was undoubtedly the much better choice."
SuperSkarmory | Serebii | AMA | Rock-type Club #Respect4Rhyperior #Respect4Garbodor #Respect4Tangrowth #FreeAegislash2015
Old June 9th, 2014 (04:54 PM).
& having to receive it

It's definitely got to be Krookodile for me, since it's more viable competitively. Feraligatr is great, though, and I love its design, haha.
Old June 9th, 2014 (07:55 PM).
What do we have here?
ModeratorCS

I actually like Totodile's line, mostly because I prefer Croconaw to any of the three in the Sandile line. Totodile's and Feealigatr is cool too, but I've always really liked Croconaw. Maybe it's due to his appearance in the Celebi movie, haha. All of the Johto starter's middle evolutions are better than their final forms! In terms of competitive battling, Krookodile is superior.
Old June 9th, 2014 (09:08 PM).

This is actually probably the hardest poll for me to choose from in a while haha Krookodile was one of the few Unova Pokémon I was really drawn to and was fun for me to use as I don't often choose Ground Pokémon in my teams Plus, Moxie was such a cool ability!

Then again, I have a tremendous loyalty towards Feraligatr as it was the highest Pokémon I ever levelled up in my Silver version, plus Totodile as a stand-alone Pokémon is so darn cute!

I think if I take the nostalgia away from Feraligatr I'm leaning slightly more towards Krookodile although it's very hard for me to choose
Old June 10th, 2014 (03:05 PM).
Crystal Tier

Nature: Gentle
Send a message via Skype™ to Yato
I love the Sandile line a lot for their typing and Abilities (Moxie in particular), but Toto line definitely beats them. Back when I was little, I had trouble defeating the Pokemon League in Gold. The first time I did beat it, my starter was Feraligatr. (Given, it didn't help me defeat the Pokemon League.) It was also the first starter of mine to reach level 100, and I loved how powerful it was. Sentimental reasons aside, I also love the designs of the Toto line, and I love their shiny color palettes. (Krookodile's isn't very good, imo.) They also have an amazing Hidden Ability in Sheer Force (sucks that it hasn't been released yet), and iirc their movepool's pretty good. Oh, and who could forget how adorable Ash's Totodile was? <3

tl;dr, Totodile line gets my vote~
3ds fcfriend safarispc
a man for flowers
Old June 11th, 2014 (01:08 AM).
get to heaven
Crystal Tier

I voted for the Sandile line, because I think they have a cooler design concept plus more unique typing - Ground/Dark as opposed to Totodile line's pure Water. They also have some really nice abilities, especially Moxie which makes its high Attack even better with every KO they land. Also, who doesn't love the badassery of Ash's Krookodile in the anime? Dem sunglasses though.

tumblr | twitter | lovely pairs | ask me
adoption center mentor | fairy club | water club

Old June 11th, 2014 (01:28 AM).
ffet

Nature: Relaxed
This is a tough one. I've used both in the games but I'm not really into battling so I can't really compare their stats. I like Krookodile's line's designs better but I think Feraligatr's line is more true to being a crocodile. Ash's Totodile had an amazing voice but his Krookodile had those cool shades :P I think I'll go with the Feraligatr family because I'm more familiar with them. They're both good choices imo.
Old June 11th, 2014 (12:07 PM).
King of Stronk Style

I'm only familiar with the Feraligatr family so I voted for them, but I do like Krookodile's name, haha.
Old June 11th, 2014 (02:00 PM).

The Sandile/Krokorok/Krookodile line.

I'm weighing it by supposing that I had to make one single team of my absolute favorite pokemon. There's just no chance that Totodile/Croconaw/Feraligatr would be on it, but there actually is a pretty solid chance that Sandile/Krokorok/Krookodile would be on it. So it's my preference between the two.
Old June 13th, 2014 (12:00 PM).
clearly there's something wrong
ModeratorCS

Nature: Naughty
I've never had a strong affection for Totodile's line whatsoever. Sandile and Krookorok are cool so my vote landed there. Actually, I really like Krookorok. Something went from it to Krookodile but I digress.
Old June 14th, 2014 (01:59 AM).
I am legend

Send a message via Skype™ to Elaitenstile
THIS IS THE HARDEST POLL EVER WHYYY BRENDINO WHY YOU DO THIS TO ME

Voting for Krookodile... ugh. Maybe I should've voted for Feraligatr... but before I change my mind, here goes!

I really like Feraligatr's design, 'twas one of the few Johto designs that were a class apart from the originals. Doesn't mean I dislike Feraligatr, though. Apart from those bandages (and the RSE backsprite whutwhut) it's competitive skill is much better than Krookodile imo. Mostly because of the deadly combo of Sheer Force and Life Orb (sucks we can't get one yet, though) and as it has access to many deadly moves. Would also mention Totodile is pretty adorable and was my first option in PMD, but meh.

Krookodile, though, I daresay, has been much more useful for me in-game. Using Moxie and a few class moves he would simply cruise through the toughest trainers. Because of him the entire BW elite four became an exp farm for me. The design is also pretty cool (sunglasses yolo) and Krokorok was really boss with his pose while battling. The combination of Dark and Ground made sure I could cover pretty much all the weaknesses of my team, and he was great at 'dealing with it' XD (sunglasses yolo hint hint)

I prefer Krookodile, in the end, because he is available for the right region. A mega Feraligatr would totally change me mind, though.
Old June 14th, 2014 (05:36 AM).
Protect his very soul.
ModeratorCS

I love Croconaw! Cyan and red is one of my favorite combinations. Croconaw has spunk and has a nice design on his stomach imo. However, Feraligatr's design has never appealed to me. Feraligatr looks hefty and aged. I had to soft reset when I first saw my starter evolving into that monster. I never evolved level 75+ Croconaw.

I also prefer Sandile over its evolutions because it's so cute.
Old June 14th, 2014 (10:56 AM).
Furude
ModeratorCS

Nature: Mild
I went with Feraligatr's line. It was a hard one but I think that Feraligatr just barely wins. The whole time it was close with them more or less tying in every aspect design, usefulness (Krook might have the edge here really, but dragon dance is beastly) etc.

In the end I'm not entirely sure what pulled me to Fealigatr but it has just always been amongst my favourites.

"All right. I'll play a game with this endless June."

Roleplay Theatre | The Underground |
Pairs
Lokiepie, Chalifoux & Crunch Punch
|
Blog
The Pie Bakery

Old June 15th, 2014 (11:25 PM).
Nothing shredded, nothing gained.
ModeratorCS

Nature: Careful
Send a message via Skype™ to Osiris
I've got to say- I'm surprised this vote was a fairly close one! Not that I figured one was more popular than the other, but I expected one of the two to have a bigger edge in votes. As for myself, I went with the Krookodile family. Not that I've used it all that much, but I just never found myself a fan of Feraligatr, with so many other Water types in Johto that I was more interested in.

With that, another POTW is over, but make sure to keep voting and commenting on your favorite if you haven't already- these polls remain open even if they're no longer stickied. The next poll should be up sometime later today, so make sure to keep your eyes open for that!
Old June 22nd, 2014 (10:15 AM).
dance of swords
AdministratorCS

Nature: Timid
Totodile line, come to me my precious.

I adore those guys. Took me a while to warm up to Croconaw and Feraligatr but they're definitely superior to Sandile and its family when design is concerned. I always have to struggle not choosing Totodile in all my G/S/C and HG/SS replays since he is just.. way cute and hard to pass up.
Old August 27th, 2014 (04:53 AM).

Nature: Jolly
The Krookidile line wins this pretty easily for me. Personally I think it has a better design.

I thought overall the Johto starters were the weakest in terms of design and I didn't even pick Totodile so......
Old August 29th, 2014 (06:06 PM).
The #1 Remus Lupin fanatic!

Nature: Hardy
Sandile line for me. It looks cooler, & also that Dark type is pretty rad. Shame it's been screwed over in terms of getting a gym.

Quick Reply

Sponsored Links

You may also like.. (Beta)