Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Pokémon Gaming > Fifth Generation
Reload this Page Favorite Unovian Pokémon?

Notices
For all updates, view the main page.

Fifth Generation Are Pokémon slaves to humans? Team Plasma thinks so. Travel the Unova region and prove them wrong in Black & White, and then return two years later in Black2 & White2.

Old June 20th, 2014 (07:03 PM).
A Scene In Between
Moderator, BSCS

In generation five, they had introduced dozens of new Pokémon, which are all distinct from each other and unique in their own way. Of them all, which would you consider your most favorite? Why? Have you ever used said Pokémon in your team before? How was your experience? If you were to change anything of it, what would it be? Would you like to see an evolution or pre-evolution for this Pokémon in future, if there isn't one?
Old June 20th, 2014 (07:33 PM).
ghost
Moderator, CS

I didn't like too many new Pokemon from Unova, but it is home to my all-time favorite, Mienshao. Majestic, elegant, and powerful are some words that accurately describe its amazing concept design and abilities. Mienfoo is absolutely adorable too, so there's no let-down there. I've used one every opportunity I get, which so far has only been the Unova games and X and Y, haha. I wouldn't change a thing; it's perfect as is. :]
Old June 20th, 2014 (07:37 PM).

For those of you who don't know:

This guy.

Zekrom is my favorite 5th gen Pokemon, and my favorite Pokemon of all time. As for why...I'll write that later if people want. Obviously I've used Zekrom in battle before, and it is great. The only thing I'd want to change about it is its movepool; its a bit lacking, though Zekrom can do pretty well with the few moves it has. And maybe a little more Speed.
PC Smash 4 Tournament
Old June 20th, 2014 (07:55 PM).
We ain't gonna get no sleeep.
Crystal Tier

Nature: Quiet
Send a message via Skype™ to Pendraflare
My favorite Unova Pokémon is Scolipede. I really like the idea of a megapede Pokémon, its design is really sick. And for it being a heavyweight, it's pretty fast, and that STAB Megahorn is neat too. It got all the changes it could ask for in XY: a bit more Attack and THE coolest ability, Speed Boost, which it can use with Baton Pass. BW2 tutors gave it Aqua Tail and Superpower, which are fun too. I have used one in a Black 2 playthrough I did a long time ago, although it was just a normal run.
Old June 20th, 2014 (08:04 PM).
Crystal Tier

Nature: Bashful

Lilligant! I actually have a couple of favourites in Unova, but Lilligant stands far above the rest of them. Honestly, I just love her name and design, haha. Not much else really. I have used Lilligant before though. In my first playthrough in White and White 2, named Tillia and Aurica respectively. I would absolutely love to change her move pool. Honestly, I would accept any extra moves just because her move-pool basically comprises of Quiver Dance, Sleep Powder, Giga Drain, Petal Dance, and Hidden Power. Seriously, that's it. I guess a bump to her Speed stat would be great too.

Old June 21st, 2014 (01:20 AM).
Nintendo is for awesome people

My favourite Gen 5 Pokemon are Serperior, Samurott, Volcarona, Chandelure, Ferrothorn, Galvantula, Haxorus, Hydreigon, Krookodile, Excadrill, Escavalier, Durant, Lilligant, Vanilluxe, Reuniclus, Sigilyph, Braviary, Darmanitan, Zoroark, Zebstrika, Seismitoad, Scolipede, Archeops, Terrakion, and male Jellicent.

Credit for this sig goes to Ash`, credit for my avatar goes to The Epic Pikachu from Tumblr
Old June 21st, 2014 (04:14 AM).
I'm the fury in your head
Crystal Tier

Nature: Quirky

I'm sure it was obvious by now if one remembers my love of this cute. Oshawott is like the cutest thing I've ever seen and boy did it have the impact because he became my true Poke-mascot. In fact, Unova has so many of my fave Pokemon, with only a very small group that don't appeal. I love a good majority of the Psychic, Grass, Dark, Ghost and Flying-types that were introduced this generation. The legendaries and starters are pretty cool too, along with Audino and the elemental monkeys. Unova surely had lots of unique Pokemon if I have to say so myself.

tumblr | twitter | lovely pairs | ask me
adoption center mentor | fairy club | water club

Old June 21st, 2014 (07:39 AM).
Nyeh?
Gold Tier

Nature: Hasty
Send a message via Yahoo to PlatinumDude Send a message via Skype™ to PlatinumDude
Excadrill and Hydreigon are my favorite Gen V Pokemon. They're good in battle, but I like how Excadrill can fold into a drill, while Hydreigon has heads for hands.

Old June 21st, 2014 (08:22 AM). Edited June 25th, 2014 by Poke Fox.
can I have a Pokepuff?
Gold Tier

Nature: Gentle
Send a message via Skype™ to Poke Fox
Unova introduced many Pokemon I like - my top 2 favorite Pokemon are from Unova - they are Watchog & Mienshao. Unova also introduced me to liking and using Fighting and Dark types. Unova also has my most favorite starter of all times - Oshawott.

Watchog & Mienshao: Both are very useful in their own ways - both are very cute - both haven't let me down (in game). Watchog being normal type it can learn a wide variety of attacks that many times helps me cover any type weakness my team encounters along the way.

Just to name a few others I loved this generation:

a few others I also like: Samurott, Oshawott, Snivy, Servine, Serperior, Zorua, Zorark, Tympole, Palpitoad, Seismitoad, Reshiram

Old June 21st, 2014 (08:30 AM).

Nature: Quirky
My favorite unova pokemon is Whimsicott. It's just so cute and fluffy T_T and I've been trying to find a crochet pattern for it forever because I want to hold one and I just can't.
I've never used one on my team. I was breeding for good IV's, then got bored of that and just never got to use one.
I would hate for it to have an evolution, because they would no doubt ruin it's cuteness. MAYBE a mega for it, because it could just go back to normal though.
Old June 21st, 2014 (09:01 AM).

Definitely Golurk. It just has a really awesome design in my opinion.

Challenges: Pokemon Emerald Monotype run (Completed) - 06/07/14
Pokemon Leaf Green Yellow Mono-Colour run (Badges 8/8 - Preparing for Pkmn League)

Avatar by: http://silvishinystar.deviantart.com/
Old June 21st, 2014 (09:05 AM).
LOSING ALL MY FRIENDS

Nature: Modest
I have a pretty short list of Unova Pokemon that I like.

Hydreigon
Galvantula
Bisharp
Excadrill

On to Legendaries:
Kyurem-Black
Thunderus (both Formes)
Reshiram
MAL
RYM
Formerly "Someday"
Old June 21st, 2014 (09:20 AM).
AlShao

Nature: Calm
I'd say Haxorus, mostly based on its design. I made a point of getting one on my first gen 5 playthrough and it was great, by far the strongest pokemon on my team. Also shiny Haxorus has an awesome dark design, it looks like the complete antithesis of a Dragonite..
Old June 22nd, 2014 (08:30 PM).
A Scene In Between
Moderator, BSCS

Haxorus is actually pretty cool. When I had first seen it, though, I immediately wound up thinking that it was some form of bug-time; its sprite just wasn't... large enough, I suppose. If it were bigger, I'm sure I wouldn't have thought of it that way. It did ruin my view of this Pokémon a bit, but recovered it as soon as I saw it in-anime. Anyway, my personal favorite would most likely have to be Volcarona. It's got a pretty unique design, and competitively, it could be extremely viable. After one Quiver Dance, it would be able to sweep your opponent without any sort of trouble. One of my other favorites would be Whimsicott; that Pokémon's just simply adorable!
Old June 23rd, 2014 (12:39 AM).
mare tranquillitatis
Crystal Tier

Nature: Calm
Send a message via Skype™ to Koishi Komeiji
My top 3 favourite Pokemon are actually from Unova! Reuniclus, Chandelure and Hydreigon respectively. Reuniclus is cute and strong, Chandelure looks awesome, and Hydreigon's fearsome - all attributes I love. Another favourite would have to be Mienshao. It hits hard, hits fast and has a stylish stache.
credit

"When Gensokyo is completely purified, it will be transformed into a perfect world.
Into a beautiful planet with no life on it."
Old June 24th, 2014 (11:30 AM).
don't lose hope.
Administrator, CS

Nature: Timid
Unova introduced so many lovely Pokemon but my favorite is my cute little ball of fluff Whimsicott. It's absolutely adorable and I've trained several of them since.. plus the shiny version, so very pretty. Mienshao is a very close second with Serperior, Lillipup, Lilligant, and others coming in quite close too. Love!
Old June 24th, 2014 (04:52 PM).
Spectre Agent
Crystal Tier

Nature: Serious
When it comes to the Pokemon introduced in Unova, here is the list of my favorites:
Samurott
Stoutland
Unfezant
Zebstrika
Gigalith
Excadrill
Throh
Leavanny
Krookodile
Darmanitan
Scrafty
Carracosta
Zoroark
Reuniclus
Vanilluxe
Galvantula
Klinklang
Eelektross
Beheeyem
Haxorus
Beartic
Druddigon
Golurk
Bisharp
Braviary
Hydreigon
Cobalion
Terrakion
Thundurus
Zekrom
Kyurem
Genesect

OSO STRONG
Old June 24th, 2014 (09:56 PM).
Crystal Tier

Nature: Gentle
Send a message via Skype™ to Yato
I like a lot of Pokemon introduced in Gen. V, but here are a few of my faves:

Too lazy to find the completely animated BW sprites so using the XY models. IT IS SO ADORABLE I WANT ONE IRL ;-; I don't care if it or its evos. aren't that good in battle I love it anyway <3

Although it's annoying trying to get from Deino to Hydreigon, I found it well worth it. Love its design, movepool, and strength <3

Although it's competitively not the best Grass starter, it's tied with Sceptile for my fave. I love its design and movepool, and I also love its shiny color palette and HA.

Adorable as fluff, but can be a pain to face with Prankster and its numerous status moves. I loved slowly killing off my opponents' Pokemon with it <3

Yes most the Pokemon I've listed are part Grass. My fave fifth gen. legendary; it's really pretty in pink and is pretty good strength-wise. Plus, it has an interesting and nice design~
3ds fcfriend safarispc
a man for flowers
Old June 25th, 2014 (06:59 AM). Edited June 25th, 2014 by Secona.

I love Braviary and Archeops, I'm a big fan of bird Pokemon.

I also like Volcarona with the dual type bug/fire. I wish I could have used it on my team for White 2, but you could only get it after defeating the Elite 4
Old June 29th, 2014 (12:01 PM).

Nature: Relaxed
#1: Volcarona, hands down! Has a brilliant movepool combined with legendary special stats + speed. Also proves that bug pokemon aren't all bad. You can't compete! (Umm, there is stealth rock and stone edge, but no Pokémon is perfect)

#2: Hydreigon, again, brilliant stats and a diverse movepool, also the dark/dragon typing is an awesome combination, only downside is the amount of patience required to evolve it, it's worth it in the end though!

#3: Eelektross, the fact that it has no weaknesses even now is pretty cool, combined with substantial defenses and good attack makes it a fairly good tank, but its lack of weaknesses is already awesome enough!

#4: Braviary, apart from being a good pokemon to use, just looks awesome!

#5: Zoroark is perfect for tricking your opponents, it gives battles that edge. Only issue is that it can be extremely difficult to get without B2W2

Generation V, like all generations of pokemon, has had good and bad mons. Here are some of my pet hates of this generation:
#1: Stunfisk is the worst by far, is it some sort of pancake/fish hybrid or something? It just looks plain ugly! And don't get me started on its cry!

#2: Vanillite's line: Ice cream, seriously? With a smiley face! Just... No!

#3: Audino + Foongus line: Every generation of pokemon has ripped of Pikachu (Gen II had Marill, Gen III had Plusle + Minun, etc.) But Nintendo must have been running out of ideas to rip off Chaney and Electrode. Emolga at least doesn't look poorly designed, but come on!

Ranting aside, Generation V actually introduced a lot of really good Pokémon, a lot of them are up there in my favourites. It's a shame this generation was let down by a certain few Pokémon.
Old June 29th, 2014 (05:37 PM).

Nature: Relaxed
Eelektross, due to the fact that it is an electric type boasting an immunity to ground-type moves, due to its ability, Levitate.
A close second is Hydreigon, on the basis of my preference for dark and dragon types.

You must edit it to meet the limits set by the rules before you may remove the [sig-reason] code from your signature. Removing this tag will re-enable it.

Do not remove the tag until you fix the issues in your signature. You may be infracted for removing this tag if you do not fix the specified issues. Do not use this tag for decoration purposes.
Old July 7th, 2014 (12:26 PM).
Sinnohbaby

Overall, Excadrill is the bae and the best.

But, I really also do like the new dragons like Haxorus and Hydreigon.
Old July 8th, 2014 (11:39 AM).
ღ Fairy Wind ღ
Silver Tier

I have a TON that I just love. But Jellicent (especially the female) just brings it home for me. Super fun movepool, awesome HP, great Special Defense, bomb typing, cute designs, it's just perfect.

Close seconds would be Klinklang, Eelektross, Musharna, Whimsicott, Vanilluxe, Garbodor, Archeops, and Alomomola. <3
Old July 8th, 2014 (11:44 AM).

Honestly when they first started showing some pokemon for the Unova region I was so disappointed, it was like they were losing inspiration for the pokemon such as sigilyph. At the end the pokemon was decent but it looked awful.
Either way, there were some good pokemon and my Fave was Chandelure! It's so pretty and strong! <3
Old July 8th, 2014 (01:30 PM).
✩ magical girl goddess ✩
Crystal Tier

Nature: Brave
Send a message via Skype™ to CrazyBunnyCoaster
Hm. I love Litwick, and it's evolutions. <3 They are so cute, even as shinies! I also love whimsicott too. Like everyone said, it's like a ball of fluff! Another one I liked was Stoutland and it's evolutions too. I also like Dewott as well. I could go on forever, but I'll just leave you with these right now. XD

I don't care what I become. All the magical girls who believed in hope and fought witches...I don't want them to suffer or cry anymore. I want them to be at peace.

contact me outside of PC:

twitter | tumblr
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links

You may also like.. (Beta)