• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The Drawing Board (Idea Discussion)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kurosaki

Hmm, I have a new idea, but I still need to expand upon it. I'll post what I have so far here.

You live in a world (which in appearance and technology is similar to our own) in which everyone has their own unique power, and your name decides everything. When a child comes of age, they undergo a ceremony which unlocks their hidden powers deep inside. What type of powers you have, your class and money, and basically your entire life is decided for you, based on your last name, as stated by the messed up government in power.

People don't earn money just by running businesses, but most prefer battling others with their powers, the victor recieving money from the loser. As you can imagine, this keeps the hospitals and such quite busy.

Back to the whole 'when you come of age you get powers' deal. The age in which a person can recieve their powers depends on the family name, and the powers can range from healing magic, to extraodinary weapon skills, to the dark arts. However, what you recieve will always depend on what everyone else in your family has recieved. After you recieve your powers, you are kicked out onto the street, and forced to live off your own devices for 2 whole years, as training. This is very dangerous, and few survive, due to the rising amount of assasins and people who like to pray on those who can't control their powers yet.

You have recently been kicked out of your home for the two year period, and have found residence in an underground facility, which was built for the benefit of your kind. However, you are only permitted to sleep here, that is all. Recently, rumors of bloodthirsty creatures appearing have been sparking up, and it has become even more dangerous on the streets. Some rumors even state that the government is related to these creatures. How will you survive?

Thats just my very rough copy. It's basically straight out of my head. :P

GodofPH

Submarket Zydrate Dealer
Years
Here is an idea that I want to post, but I'm still polishing it up

In this RP, you are one of a group of teens living in Alaska. On a random outdoor adventure, the teens stumble onto a mysterious valley not marked on a map. They catch a brief glimpse of a mysterious building, but they black-out. They wake up inside a futuristic interior of a bulding in cages like animals. Cold, naked, and hungry, the teens realize what has happened. They are being imprisoned in an alien research facility. They are expiramented on and become monsters themselves. The teens decide amongst themselves that they are going to escape and they begin a desperate mission to get out. Along the way they find out the secret dealings of these aliens and our world leaders.

Kurosaki

Here is an idea that I want to post, but I'm still polishing it up

In this RP, you are one of a group of teens living in Alaska. On a random outdoor adventure, the teens stumble into a mysterious valley not marked on a map. They catch a brief glimpse of a mysterious building before they black-out. They wake up inside a futuristic interior of a bulding in cages like animals. Cold, naked, and hungry, the teens realize what has happened. They are being imprisoned in an alien research facility. They are expiramented on and become monsters themselves. The teens decide amongst themselves that they are going to escape and they begin a desperate mission to get out. Along the way they find out the secret dealings of these aliens and our world leaders.
Hmm, sounds interesting. I'd probably join myself.
It appears a little iffy at the moment, but that's just because it's in the early stages. I suggest going into detail on what kind of monsters and such, just so it's clear to those participating.

GodofPH

Submarket Zydrate Dealer
Years
^ I figured I'd let the members pick what their monster form looked like, just for the enjoyment of the RPer.

Kurosaki

^ I figured I'd let the members pick what their monster form looked like, just for the enjoyment of the RPer.
That wasn't exactly what I meant, but okay, XD

GodofPH

Submarket Zydrate Dealer
Years
Oh, the monsters opposing them? I have a few ideas in mind for those as well. Reptilian humanoids are a large opposing factor, as well as the seemingly zombiefied MiB (not like the ones from the movie). I also have a few monsters in mind based off of the largest alien hindrance force, various beasts spawned by the Reticulans and their cloning.

RentCavalier

Mercenary
Years
Ok, here, best Idea I've had in monthes.

(This RP was inspired loosely by Megaman, Star Ocean, Final Fantasy VII, Akira and whatever else is stuck in my twisted little mind.)

The last human date recorded was 2799. This date marked the third year of World War III. Human technology had reached its zenith, fantasies were realities, the humans had reached to the stars and more.

In this world, artificial AI had become so advanced, the only difference between machines, robots and androids and humans was what they were made out of. An android had served a term as President of The United Republic of America.

The world had paid the price of such radical technological achievement. Geographically, the world was splitting apart. California had already been blasted free of the mainland North America, and had formed its own nation, the Republic of California. The rest of the Western North American continant had suffered a wide-spread desertification, and with all the aquifers dried up, the Desert, as it was now called, was a place where no human could survive.

The Eastern North American Continent was a technological Mecca. A metropolic covered the land, a city beyond imagination, and beyond description, supposedly with buildings that stretched too high for the naked eye to see, and a massive tower that shot into orbit, constructed to reach the moon. However, as of the last recorded date of human history, this glorious metropolis was being destroyed by invading forces.

The invaders were the now unified European League, comprising what was left of Europe. In the year 2355, a mis-directed test of a Sattelite-based laser annihilated most of the Antarctic Ice Sheet, and the Continent of Europe had been mostly flooded. The surviving nations decided to embrace the flooding, and constructed giant underwater cities, Neo-Atlantis being the largest of them all. They declared war on the United Republic after a botched weapons test obliterated the last vestige of African rainforest. They crosses the two massive bridges that now span the Atlantic, built 15 years prior to commemorate a century-long peace.

Russia is nothing more then a nuclear, washed-out wasteland, unfit for anything useful to reside there. Asia is now the world's superpower, led by China in terms of weapons development, resources and economy. Japan was no longer natural islands, but instead a massive, moving fortress that can easily hold the massive population that their native homeland had trouble supporting.

However, this future world was at war with each other, a terrible war that ravaged whole nations. It looked grim for everyone, but in the year 2799, on the eve of the New Year, history was annhilated.

Every record of human activity stopped at that point...and so, it seemed, did almost every human. Nobody knows what happened, but humanity was practically annhilated, and the small groups left have officially declared themselves "endangered."

In the wake of the humans' disappearence, were left Androis, Robots and other machines. Now, an unclear number of years later, they rule the planet, with minds as complicated as their creators, and with bodies more dangerous. An organized chaos grips the world, and these machines now rule over what the humans left behind.

(Your character)
You are an Android, highly advanced. You are part of one of two factions, one that wishes to rescue humanity, one that wishes to destroy it. The factions, and important people, are as follows:

The Eyes of the Mind, Leader: AL-45T3R (Alaster)
A mysterious group of mostly androids that are based in the Desert. They salvage ancient rubble and wreckage, on a constant search for something called "Eden."

The Children of Justice, leader: C0-R0-N4 (Corona)
A group of radical Androids that control the Eastern North American and the South American continents. Their leader, Corona, is a power-hungry being who seeks to annhilate whats left of humanity and let the machines have total control of the planet.

The Guardians of Neptune, Leader: UN-D1-NE (Undine)
They control the vast underwater cities left behind by the European League. They care little for the conflicts on the surface, and like the Eyes of the Mind, are constantly salvaging for something, deep beneath the waves.

The Imperial Rulers of the East, leader: SE-1R-YU (Seiryu)
Similar to the Children of Justice, they seek power as well, and also wish for the destruction of humanity. However, unlike the mindlessly destructive Children, they have no quarrel with their fellow Android nations, and are more diplomatic in their approach. They are lead by a mysterious creature called the Dragon Emperor Seiryu, whom nobody has seen.

Other important characters (not controllable by anyone but RP creator)

Arthur Killingsworth: A human, one of the survivors. He speaks little, and little is known of him, besides the fact that he's a priest who should long be dead. What his motives are is unclear, but he turns up time to time, usually at the most opportune of moments.

The Magi: Something of a legend has been circulating the dark recesses of the world about three powerful machines who manipulate everything behind the scenes. Supposedly, they are the ones who hold the keys to the place that the Eye of the Mind seek out, Eden. However, there is no proof that these machines even exsist, so most of it is seen as useless mythology.

The Hunters: A group of incredibly powerful Androids who serve as bounty hunters, killing political and personal enemies for a price they determine. They are led by an Android called S13G (Sieg), who bears some kind of animosty towards Alaster.

And for clarification:

Androids: Humanoid-looking, posessing the most advanced AI, usually not as large or powerful as robots, but definatly smarter. They look like the robots from Megaman, for reference, human-like faces with metal bodies and advanced computerized minds.

Robots: Usually large machines, or animal-like robots, Robots range from very weak and simple to very very powerful and simple. Almost without exception, they lack the powerful AIs that Androids have, and are usually used for construction or weapons-purposes by the androids.

Whew! I had to get this into writing. Its a little choppy, so I apologize, but what do you guys think?

Last edited:

ThEoNeAnDoNlY555

They call me..."Darkness"
Years
Wow... This thread has been inactive for almost a month now... I am really stuck on RP writing. I haven't gotten a good Idea in months... *sigh* I was hoping for help, but no one posts here anymore... *sigh*

Years
Tut tut Rent, refering to a link is like advertising XD Ill keep this one to myself though...

Anyways, I have a new Tales of Symphonia RPG up if anyone is bored, there hasn't been much activity lately.

Loki

x
Years
  • Seen Apr 4, 2024
It's a popular video game. I've never played it before, but everyone keeps telling me to.

I had this idea, sorta like your typical game RP, sorta like this

There was the time of myths, the time of dragons, magic, and gruesome creatures. To live in this time was a time to learn and sharpen your skills, to defeat, and to claim life or death. But it was most of all a game of survival. You find yourself, an avid fan of a game called 'The Age of Time', and your closest friends trapped in this game, and you become one of the 6 different people in this game. Each have their own unique traits, abilities, and talents. Each have different principles, rules, and codes they follow without faltering from their beliefs at all. You, and these people clash, but it has been decided. You are to be apart of the clan who defeat, Lagoon, a dark witch, and Cove, a blacksmith who stuck a deal with Lagoon, and became a killing machine. You will not reach Lagoon, without defeating Cove first. They must be banished by a powerful spell, a spell that can only be cast by a powerful magician who is strong-willed and courageous. A magician who has friends that can support them when the time comes to banish these monsters for another 20 years until they are resurrected into the next generation, or in your time, the next game. You cannot leave the game until you have defeated Cove and Lagoon, along with all the sidequests and minigames. And so, you set out to defeat these people. You've played the game once, you can always do it again can't you? It's always easier the second time around, right? That will be up to you, and what you've been chosen to do.

Magician:Your average Black Mage
Defense=Okay
Strength=Okay
Powers/Abilities=Black magic (Water, Fire, etc) and Banish

Theif:The quick, yet slightly defense-less item stealer
Defense=Not the best
Strength=Okay
Powers/Abilities=Steal Items from monsters and use elemental items

Assassin:The status inflicter and double-striker
Defense=Moderate
Strength=Moderate
Powers/Abilities=Status Infliction

Priest:The white mage
Defense=Not the best
Strenght=Not the best
Powers/Abilities=Helps with Banishing and heals the party

Blacksmith:The personal synth shop. Slow, and not incredibly accurate but heavy damage
Defense=Good
Strength=Good
Powers/Abilities=Synthesizes weapons

Knight:The Kingdom's best soldier
Defense=Great
Strength=Great
Abilities/Powers=N/A

...How's that look to you guys? It'll be my second RP hosted here at PC if it ever airs.

Pete

<>PAWN CONTROL 1.0<>
Years
Another pokemon RP idea here.

Granny put down her mug of tea, and picked up a book. A glow appeared on all the childrens' faces. Time for a story!
"Which one do you want to hear?" asked Granny. The children gave their communal answer.
"The battle! The battle!" they cried. Granny smiled, and began to read.

"Once apon a time," she said, "There were several pokemon that all joined together to create the world. No-one knows where they came from. However they did. There were six of them. Groudon, strongest of all, created the land on which we live on. Kyogre, the ultimate magician, created the seas. Rayquaza, the high and mighty, created the sky and and the air we breathe. These were the creators of nature. There were three more. Ho-oh, the wisest creature, created light, that allows us to see, and gives us hope. Lugia, mysterious and calm, created the balancing elements, fire, ice and lightning, to keep nature intact. Finally Celebi, the peaceful, created time, though the reason for this was lost. All of them joined together afterwards and created life itself. Humans, pokemon, they all were created by the six.

However afterwards, the six grew angry with eachother. Groudon and Kyogre both thought that they were the most powerful, so they started fighting to decide. Rayquaza claimed that he was the one to lead them and attacked them both. Ho-oh and Lugia, wanting order, tried to stop them. All three nature titans however, turned on them. They bonded together to take down Ho-oh and Lugia. Celebi tried to intervene, but the titans easily beat it and sent it down into the voids of time. Then the titans attacked Ho-oh and Lugia. They were easily winning, Kyogre's water power easily hurting Ho-oh and Groudon's force shredding through Lugia's defence, while Rayquaza helped out a titan at a time. Ho-oh and Lugia were losing. Luckily, Celebi returned and using it's time powers, let Ho-oh and Lugia rest. Ho-ih and Lugia then created three underlings each, from the balancing elements that Lugia had created. Ho-oh made dogs, fast as light itself, while Lugia made birds, with skill and accuracy beyond belief. The battle properly started. The dogs tore down Kyogre, the birds Groudon. Lugia and Ho-oh went for Rayquaza. They fought for years, maybe milenniums, but finally Ho-oh, Lugia and the underlings triumphed. And that is the end of the story."

Granny snapped shut her book. The children looked out the window and saw that it was time for bed. They trooped upstairs and got ready to sleep. Downstairs Granny permitted herself a smile. Just maybe, she thought, it could happen again. Just maybe...

I'll add more to this later.

Zelos

*yawn*
Years
I already posted this in Pokemon Roleplay, but I just wanted to see if anyone thought it might do well? I'm not too sure about it but wanted to get some opinions ><;;;;

-Plot-

Every year, in a place known only as Raincloud Forest, a secret ritual is performed at the beginning of each year. Only a select few know about this ceremony. The Pokemon that perform in this yearly event are only select few, chosen for their secret arts and powers. This ritual that they perform is knows as the Sun Dance, and it is a very powerful ritual indeed.

The causes of this dance, if used by someone evil, could result in the very destruction of earth itself. For you see, this dance ensures that the weather will always be there for the coming year. If it is not performed, it could be certain disaster for Earth.

The Pokemon who perform the ritual are a Bellosom, a Jumpluff, a Sunflora, a Roselia, and Celebi, the Voice of The Forest. The day before the dance was to be performed, all the Pokemon were kidnapped. They were sealed with some sort of magic that drained all of their energy, which explains how Celebi was not able to save them.

One lucky Professor was able to witness this event undetected. He was chocled to see some unknown people just walk up and kidnap one of the most powerful Pokemon in the universe. He ran back to his hometown of Maple City, immediately rushing to his Lab and working out a plan to rescue these unlucky Pokemon before the world was thrown into utter chaos.

Loki

x
Years
  • Seen Apr 4, 2024
Okay, here's another one of my "brilliant" RP's. Tell me what you think. I am not religious, so none of this points any fingers, just FYI.

------

They say that there is a gift. A gift, given to the children with the purest of hearts.

Even when these hearts are tainted with evil, these gifts are what bring the children back to justice. What is justice? When good conquers over evil? Where is the thin line that divides Good, and Evil? And where is the thin line every one of these children tread that shows if they are monsters, or the purest beings?

More pure than an Angel itself…

More tainted then the Devil himself…

Many of these children with these gifts ask questions that just can't be answered. Bestowed upon them is the incredible talent of getting along with their most trusted companions with ease, and in some cases, just about everyone around them. But when one of these children's hearts become tainted with what merely one legendary might consider Evil, or sinful, then the others must strive to bring that child back until the legendary in question is satisfied.

But perfect is different in everyone's eyes. The hunters, as outnumbered as they were, hunted the children relentlessly, and pure as they were, would never harm the hunters. They soon died out until there was a meager 8 from hundreds left inside a forest shrine. Using their powers to seal themselves away, the hunters were unable to capture the last few, but were satisfied, as none of the 8 would be of any threat any longer. But what they didn't expect, was when the entire 8, statues made of pure jasper, sapphire, diamond, ruby, emerald, gold, garnet, and amethyst, disappeared from the confines of the lab of which they had been kept confined within. Nobody could explain this disappearance, and mourned the loss of such valuable statues.

Millennia Later

These children are a mere legend, a dream, and a myth. They are brushed aside in the day-to-day lives of modern day peoples. The strange, are outcasts, no longer treated with the respect that once was. These children possessed 8 ancient pokemon, whose descendants died out after the disappearance of The Eight. Only one remains of each. Articuno, Moltres, and Zapdos, the legendary birds that maintained the balance of Mother Nature. Rayquaza, Kyogre, and Groudon, who maintained the balance of humanity. Celebi, and Mew, who represented these things. Humanity as Celebi altered the past for the better good of the future, and Mother Nature, for Mew, the one who brought the pokemon into the world.

Or so they say.

Was it Mew, or the Children, who brought the world to peace Millennia ago? Only Mew would now know that fact.

The Child of Amethyst was unearthed in the depths of the Ilex Forest. Only to disappear in a flash of pink light, as Mew removed her trainer from the grasp of humans and their ignorance. But this confirmed the legend of Children, for millions around the world, and it is now a story that is told ten fold more then before. Books upon books tell of the light that showed humans so many years ago what life and love were truly about. That knowledge was lost, and now you set out on a brand new quest to become a pokemon champion, with the side-quest of learning just what this legend your grandparents have told you so many times over is all about.

------------------------------
What you're going to do~~You are an unwary Child, the reincarnations of the divine beings who once freely roamed the earth. A spark of interest arises when your grandparents tell you of this story after many years of dismissing this myth. And what's best is that you are finally about to go on your journey into the world, with your very own pokemon. You'll be the ones to find the Children frozen into statues and put them to rest for the first time in years beyond your knowledge.
------------------------

Restricted to 8 RP members, including myself.

Jasper: Moltres
Sapphire: Kyogre:
Diamond: Articuno:
Ruby: Groudon:
Emerald: Rayquaza:
Gold: Zapdos:
Green Garnet: Celebi:
Amethyst: Mew:

--------------------------
Anything should be added/removed?

eevachu

I Has a Lava Cookie o3o
Years
My, my... It has been far too long since I RPed... Shame on me.

Anywho, I was wondering if I could resurect an old rp (I'd start it again of course, I don't actually want the resurect the thread) that I started but I never got to finish because I was never there to add the main plot.

The old thread is here.

If I am allowed to resurect the poor dead RP, I am wondering if anyone would like to join.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back