Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Pokémon Discussions > Pokémon General
Reload this Page The stongest and weakest pokemon

Notices
For all updates, view the main page.

Pokémon General Theories, experiences and other discussions regarding the Pokémon franchise that can't be covered in any of the other boards.

Old January 19th, 2004 (01:27 PM).
Dark lord of the Seas

Send a message via AIM to Tsunamilord
i think the strongest is Ditto. Now really its like haveing the same pokemon as your opponent.The weakest would be Ratata. Come on hes just a rodent.
Old January 19th, 2004 (01:53 PM).
The Lugia Master

Send a message via AIM to ChaoX
In my opinion Ditto is not the strongest pokemon becuase of its abilitie. Say your opponent uses a Metepod. then what? That being said the weakest pokemon is either Metapod or Kakuna. The strongest is..............Lugia.
Old January 19th, 2004 (03:01 PM).
Ancient + Prehistoric

Nature: Calm
strongest- unknown

weakest- weedle, caterpie, metapod, kakuna, magikarp, wurmple, silcoon, cascoon

have fun with ditto... i'll love to see how Ditto will live against Mr.Mime (with TrickBand of course ;p)
Old January 19th, 2004 (04:16 PM).
based on a paperclip

Send a message via AIM to Iveechan
I think it's really selfish to list unevolved as the weakest. They're SOPPOSED to be weak. Some of the weakest one-stage or evolved Pokemon are Azumarril (though it gets pure power in rs), Ditto, Chimecho, Ledian (though it can baton pass, it can't really fight), Dustox, and some others I'm too lazy to list.

Old January 19th, 2004 (04:24 PM).
Ancient + Prehistoric

no no... like comparing unevolved ones (like the little Cup thingie in Stadium) they're the weakest out of the unevolved ones... well they're too weak to even participate so too bad XD.

If we count the fully evolved ones... then sadly most likely the bug types (poor buggies always got the crap stats), and the filler normal/water types (Luvdisc, Dunsparce and etc... though for a while I did hear something about "Doomsparce" but never got to hear the moveset for it)
Old January 19th, 2004 (04:27 PM).
The Original $staff_title

Nature: Adamant
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Kairi
If you want to get technical, heres a list of fully evolved ones with total base stats.

http://members.cox.net/celes/Pokemon/Pokemon%20Stats.txt
Old January 19th, 2004 (04:34 PM).
Ancient + Prehistoric

however... stats don't matter sometimes... we all know that Sunkern can beat a Caterpie despite of Sunkern having the absolute lowest stats in the game for example. Though most of the time it plays a big part.
Old January 19th, 2004 (04:45 PM).
Dark lord of the Seas

Send a message via AIM to Tsunamilord
Yeah but i dont like to follow the stats,its best just to let whatever happens happens.And sunkern has gotten me through many-a-tight spot in pokemon
Old January 19th, 2004 (04:54 PM).
The Original $staff_title

Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Kairi
Quote originally posted by frostweaver:
however... stats don't matter sometimes... we all know that Sunkern can beat a Caterpie despite of Sunkern having the absolute lowest stats in the game for example. Though most of the time it plays a big part.
Yes, but Mewtwo and Curselax together require an entire anti-team for just the two of them, and the opponent is free to choose for other Pokmon that are good against the antis of previously said broken Pokmon.
Old January 19th, 2004 (05:43 PM).
Ancient + Prehistoric

can always just wish for the 33% chance with my favorite Articuno to do the job ;p

See Curselax is one of those pokemon that is powerful regardless of stats. It's a tank regardless of the low low defense (i don't even know why... calculations and math all point "Snorlax sucks in physical" but in action that's not the truth). Hmm... I guess only a charged up Zangoose with brick break and shadowball may stand a chance...
Old January 19th, 2004 (05:44 PM).
"Don't argue, you failed..."

Send a message via AIM to Spike Razzor Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Spike Razzor
Weakest:Ditto, you know why? Well one word "Pressure". This ability will kill it easy.

Strongest:Ninjask, nuff said peeps.

Curselax:Its simple to kill, "Cross Chop", "Parish Trap". It stands no chance.

Mewtwo:T-wave, attack it a bit. Then if you don't survive send in Heracross/Rhydon "Megahorn", game.

I may not post, but I'm watching, waiting... Hehehe.
Old January 22nd, 2004 (11:46 AM). Edited January 22nd, 2004 by Vai Fox.
a

Personally,I think it depends completely on the situation that you're in.Mewtwo can be brung down by a luck-of-the-draw 1hitKO..(had to learn that the hard way in pokemon stadium.. xD; eek!)
Ninjask is indeed fairly cool with that wonder guard or whatever it's called thing,but it has too many weaknesses...say..you're in a fight with a Ninjask and another ghost pokemon,or fire maybe?Eek...-watches it fall over dead-
Wait...isn't it already dead?
I guess stat-wise,most people would say a legendary is the strongest,but I like to win with my favorites more than anything.
If I had to choose what I thought was the weakest,it'd be either Sunkern or Wurmple.They're both so cute though. :\
Old January 27th, 2004 (07:06 PM).
Fire Gym Owner

Send a message via Yahoo to PM2008
I think that the strongest Pokemon is Mewtwo and there is a three way tie for the weakest: Magikarp, Kakuna, and Metapod.
Old January 28th, 2004 (02:07 AM).
"Don't argue, you failed..."

Send a message via AIM to Spike Razzor Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Spike Razzor
Wonder why Ho-Oh and Lugia are 00bers? I hit them with Ancient Power/Rockslide on Netbattle and there dead in 2 hits. If anything there pretty pathetic.

I may not post, but I'm watching, waiting... Hehehe.
Old January 28th, 2004 (08:26 PM).
Nostalgic

Nature: Serious
I personally dislike categorising Pokemon into 'strongest and weak'. You should go with your favourites... However, if I had to categorise, the weakest would be Magikarp in my opinion. Strongest is highly debatable... if we're talking in like the movies, and TV Series, then Mewtwo would be the strongest as he can er... deflect practically every attack? X_x

But in the games, I would have no idea....

Also known as: Optic
My Anime Fansites | Forums
Old January 31st, 2004 (09:30 PM).

Send a message via AIM to Pokemaster10000 Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Pokemaster10000
Quote originally posted by Optic:
I personally dislike categorising Pokemon into 'strongest and weak'. You should go with your favourites... However, if I had to categorise, the weakest would be Magikarp in my opinion. Strongest is highly debatable... if we're talking in like the movies, and TV Series, then Mewtwo would be the strongest as he can er... deflect practically every attack? X_x

But in the games, I would have no idea....
In the game, it's probaly Mew. It can learn every tm's and has crazy stats. Or it can be Rayquaza. Either both of them. the weakest is definately a Metapod.... It can't do anything except increasing it's attack.
Old February 13th, 2004 (06:17 PM).

Weakest- Magiharp, it only has splash, tackle, and fail at the best
Strongest- ????, maybe a lengendary
Old February 14th, 2004 (06:13 AM).
Resident Pyromancer

OK, for me Wynaut/Wobuffet have to be the most useless of all Pkmn, and as for the strongest, it depends on what stat' raising items you give your Pokee, but for me, it would have to be... Heck, how could I just choose one?!
Old February 16th, 2004 (12:55 PM).
Banned

Send a message via ICQ to Porygon Send a message via AIM to Porygon Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Porygon Send a message via Yahoo to Porygon
Quote originally posted by Vai Fox:
Ninjask is indeed fairly cool with that wonder guard or whatever it's called thing,but it has too many weaknesses...say..you're in a fight with a Ninjask and another ghost pokemon,or fire maybe?Eek...-watches it fall over dead-
Wait...isn't it already dead?
*puts on geek glasses* That's Shedinja with Wonder Guard. Lol.

There is no "strongest" Pokmon; every Pokmon can be countered in some way, even if they can learn techniques that allow them to combat any type. Weakest Pokmon, however, can be easily categorised by stats and movesets. Of course, when it's a L5 going up against a L55 Tyranatar, it doesn't even matter what it is. *continues to get technical* *mute button pressed* *mouths "what the heck?!?!!!????!*
Old February 16th, 2004 (01:30 PM).

I say it would be Jirachi, any wish can come true. :D
Old February 17th, 2004 (10:45 AM).
Banned

Send a message via ICQ to Porygon Send a message via AIM to Porygon Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Porygon Send a message via Yahoo to Porygon
Porygon can also rank up there among the most powerful ones because of its ability to change its element [switch to Ghost against a Fightingtype, anyone?].
Old February 17th, 2004 (02:45 PM).
Milk and Cookies!

Send a message via AIM to Dragon Man Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Dragon Man
I'd say...
Strongest: ???
Weakest: I agree with Iveechan that the Pokemon like Weedle and Magikarp are supposed to be weak but if I'd have to say the weakest I'd say: Magikarp, Weedle, Kakuna, Caterpie, Metapod, Wurmple, Cascoon and Silcoon.
Old February 17th, 2004 (07:26 PM). Edited February 17th, 2004 by Pokemaster10000.

Send a message via AIM to Pokemaster10000 Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Pokemaster10000
The weakest-Sunkern
Reason- Has the most jacked-up stats in pokemon history. Even weaker than Azurill, Caterpie and Weedle!
Strongest-Rayquaza or Mewtwo
Reason- Has the strongest everything and can learn neat attacks.
Old February 18th, 2004 (04:29 PM).
Pokecommmunity's Odd One

Send a message via AIM to DeathMetal Anarchist
Id say mew after all it is my favorite pokemon but thats just my opinion. The weekist I will have to agree with Dragon man and Iveechan but id sat magiccarp is the weekist of them all he only knows Splash and takle!But when it evoles RUN!!!!
Old February 25th, 2004 (06:16 PM).
Author and Role-Player

Send a message via AIM to Ice Lugia Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Ice Lugia
Shedinja would so useful had it not been for the fact that you can kill it with burn, poison, sandstorm, and so on.
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links

You may also like.. (Beta)