The Pok√©Community Forums  

Go Back   The Pok√©Community Forums > Pok√©mon Gaming > Advance Generation

Notices

Advance Generation The hallmark of sprite-based Pokémon gaming, Ruby, Sapphire, and Emerald set you off on an adventure in the watery Hoenn region with tons of diverse Pokémon to discover. Fans of Kanto can reexplore their favorite region in FireRed and LeafGreen. Here you'll find other fans who enjoy talking about the Pokémon, strategy, and techniques to master this generation.

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old December 26th, 2003, 05:30 PM
wisard104
Beginning Trainer

i was wondering if someone would be able too help me out on this. I just got pokemon sapphire this christmas and i was wondering if anyone knew anything about the pokemon Torchic. would you let it evolve when it gets enough exp. Ive read in a nintendo power magazine that it learns two moves that it cant if you let it evolve. I wonted too know what those two moves were and if they are worth it. And another question is what is the best players guide for games ruby/sapphire?
Old December 26th, 2003, 05:33 PM
Arcanine
There is no "-tina"

Nature: Rash
This goes in Ruby/Sapphire Discussion.
*Moved*

Twitter ‚ÜĒ My Anime List ‚ÜĒ Backloggery ‚ÜĒ Raptr ‚ÜĒ Brother
My PM box is full so if you really have to PM me send it here.
Old December 26th, 2003, 05:39 PM
wisard104
Beginning Trainer

I didnt read the whole list
Old December 27th, 2003, 11:06 AM
Deranged
Secretly Popular

Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Deranged
Actually, I was wondering how to bring up my Torchic too.

(a typical dilemma for many Pokťmon in R/S with different moves depending on evolutionary stage, e.g. Torchic, Shroomish, Nincada, and Swablu to name but a handfull)

Anyway....

On the one hand, I could stop it from evolving into Combusken til Lv 43 and get Flamethrower, then let it evolve into Blaziken at Lv 50 after it learns Sky uppercut.

However, this means missing out on Double kick (Combusken Lv 16), Bulk Up (Combusken Lv 28), and Blaze Kick (Blaziken Lv 36), but being able to learn Fire Spin (Torchic Lv 25).

I suppose if I go for the first option, I could use Heart Scales at a later date to get back any of the other moves I want.

What do you lot think is the right way to go?
Old December 27th, 2003, 11:37 AM
Frostweaver
Ancient + Prehistoric

Nature: Calm
The best way is this way: evolve immediately.
Torchic can get Fire Spin (worthless) and flamethrower (a TM that you can buy for a cheap price anyway). Blaziken and Combusken both get one amazing move that's rare and hard to come by (Sky Uppercut and Bulk Up). Plus you should map out your whole Pokemon team first before you play. You need to know what you're aiming for to know what TM to reverse, what Pokemon egg group to teach those TM for and etc.
Old December 27th, 2003, 02:51 PM
latios tamer
i hate pokemon

frosweaver is right you should evolve right away

Gil-galad ech vaegannen matha,
Aith heleg nŪn j orch gostatha;
Nin cŪniel na nguruthos
Hon ess nŪn istatha:
Aiglos

'Gil-galad wields a well-made spear,
The Orc will fear my point of ice;
When he sees me, in fear of death