Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Off-Topic Discussions > Discussions & Debates

Notices
For all updates, view the main page.

Discussions & Debates The place to go for slightly more in-depth topics. Discussions and debates about the world, current events, ideas, news, and more.

Old January 6th, 2004 (08:22 PM).
Undertaker
Lord of Darkness

I don't like **** mate, but this is for all the people who like science. Don't ask why I made it. hahaha
Old January 7th, 2004 (01:11 AM).
igtica
Mmmm....Cheesecake

Nature: Quirky
lol well it seems no one does. I took the triple science award at school instead of the standard double, and I have an AS in chemistry and I'm taking a full Alevel in biology. Would that count as liking science. :p
Old January 7th, 2004 (03:28 AM).
Geometric-sama
The Manly Man of Steel

Nature: Bold
I won a special science award from my school... I get some money and a week's work experience in one of the best research labs in Australia. I guess that counts as liking science. I'm planning to do science at uni next year (probably maths/computers/physics).

"One reason why mathematics enjoys special esteem, above all other sciences, is that its laws are absolutely certain and indisputable, while those of other sciences are to some extent debatable and in constant danger of being overthrown by newly discovered facts."
Albert Einstein

"What science can there be more noble, more excellent, more useful for men, more admirably high and demonstrative than mathematics."
Benjamin Franklin

"Mathematics, rightly viewed, possesses not only truth, but supreme beauty – a beauty cold and austere, like that of sculpture, without appeal to any part of our weaker nature, without the gorgeous trappings of paintings or music, yet sublimely pure and capable of a stern perfection such as only the greatest art can show."
Bertrand Russell

avatar and signature by FoxHound

ANNOY ME AT YOUR PERIL. I am becoming increasingly tired of the unmanly elitism and closed-mindedness of certain members who shall remain unnamed.
Old January 7th, 2004 (06:02 AM).
Kairyu
speedy digital tablet artist

Send a message via AIM to Kairyu Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Kairyu Send a message via Yahoo to Kairyu
I guess I like science enough to post here, lol. My favorite subject of it is Space, planets, physics, space/time, string theory, things like that.

Interesting stuff I might add.
Old January 7th, 2004 (11:55 AM).
Sayuri no Hoshi
♥ i'm loving angels instead ♥

Hmm, the only sciences I took a liking to are Chemistry and Astronomy. Both subjects are taught by the same teacher in my school and he's so cute...; I did awful in Biology, but Chem's really appealing to me and I have yet to see how the Astronomy class is going to go, although I'll bet it'll be good.

|| be careful what you wish for 'cause you just might get it ||

| c h r y s t i e | partners in crime | k a y l e i g h |
Old January 7th, 2004 (08:32 PM).
TVR
Ryu Hayabusa

yea, I like science. It's like my favorite subject in school. I like chemistry and Astronomy too. Although my school doesn't have a specific class dedicated to Astronomy, I'm in chem and I have like the highest grade in the class, lol. That reminds me, I have to read chapter 8 tonight.

Paired up with Sayuri no Hoshi!
Old January 8th, 2004 (03:30 AM).
igtica
Mmmm....Cheesecake

Nature: Quirky
Quote originally posted by Sayuri no Hoshi:
Hmm, the only sciences I took a liking to are Chemistry and Astronomy. Both subjects are taught by the same teacher in my school and he's so cute...; I did awful in Biology, but Chem's really appealing to me and I have yet to see how the Astronomy class is going to go, although I'll bet it'll be good.
lol i'm opposite to you! I did awful in my last chem exam so dropped the subject :p I'm awful at physics. mind you the last exam i did in it i got a B....but I got A for both biology and chemistry at that level

wow a award JA! lol I suggest you do take it further. I'm not good enough to take it to Uni, so i'm doing Law instead! :p was that a good idea...well I've been excepted by 2/6 so far with onl 2 replying...so yeah i guess... i just hop their making the right decision :s
Old January 9th, 2004 (08:47 AM).
jynx
Er.../eh...

I like biology.
Because as you learn, you'll find that Pokemon actually consists of a lot of biology, and that you've learnt a lot of biology facts by Pokemon!

My DA: http://j2y8n2x.deviantart.com
Old January 9th, 2004 (08:42 PM).
Cosmos
Doesn't exist

I like Astronomy and Cosmology. Thats how I got nicknamed "Cosmo".
Old January 9th, 2004 (08:46 PM).
MoonLight
The Stars Are Pretty ~

Nature: Gentle
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to MoonLight Send a message via Skype™ to MoonLight
Yeah i would have to say im really into Astronomy and other spce relative stuff it's just so fasinating

Im mvtm's sidekick
Old January 9th, 2004 (09:53 PM).
Igglybuddy
OMG PENGUINS

Heh...any science, you name it--I'm there. Unfortunately I'm taking physics, not biology, at the IB level, because I rock at bio and I'm terrible at physics. Ugh... You can't take all three sciences (plus chemistry) when you're in full IB...I'm taking regular biology over the internet, so hopefully it'll work out once I get to university.

an appallingly generous gift from Forest Grovyle, thank you again
"I want to be the greatest pokémon trainer who ever walked under the sun...or in the darkness."
Old January 10th, 2004 (09:05 AM).
Zento
Mushroom God

I'm another one of those people who are interested in astronomy. Astrology does count as one as well, right? XD;
I like many types of science though... Just about anything. Though, I'm really interested in psychology and geology along with the above two.
Old January 10th, 2004 (06:55 PM).
Greed
Booted out - don't be like me!

Nature: Rash
I do hope Astrology counts as science, cus that's the only thing I'm great at @_@

Besides, on my Science final exam I got a 53, dangit!!!! >_<;;;

*drowns*
Old January 13th, 2004 (06:23 PM).
Shining Arcanine
Senior Super Moderator

Quote originally posted by jynx:
I like biology.
Because as you learn, you'll find that Pokemon actually consists of a lot of biology, and that you've learnt a lot of biology facts by Pokemon!
I wonder what Deoxys's name was derived from... :D

Hey, does anyone else want to clone a pikachu? lol, j/k Anyway, it would take biology to create a Pikachu. We could probably use some DNA from the rat Pikachu was based on called a Pika. :D
Old January 13th, 2004 (06:27 PM).
DragonTrainer
Shiver me timbers!

I like science.Any kind, really.Though, I like astronomy and animal sciences the best
Old January 13th, 2004 (07:14 PM).
sdp
sdp REVIVED

Nature: Lonely
Send a message via AIM to sdp
I like science, specially Quantum Physics.
Old January 13th, 2004 (07:53 PM).
22sa
ロミオとシンデレ

Nature: Naive
Not really... but I do hope that I'll like science one day. '

. きみさえ~ いれば
Old January 18th, 2004 (09:31 AM).
Ice demon
All purpose cleaner ^^

Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Ice demon
i love Physics and i like Biology however i don't really like Chemistry.Would Calculus fall under this because i absolutely hate Calculus [and french]
Old January 18th, 2004 (10:21 AM).
H.A.W.K.
You can fly with me!

Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to H.A.W.K. Send a message via Yahoo to H.A.W.K.
Well. I like science.. It's really interesting. BUt I get bad grades in it because it's my last period in school so.. By the end of the day I donb't wantto think about work!
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links