• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best places on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! Community members will not see the bottom screen advertisements.
  • Want to share your adventures playing Pokémon?
    Check out our new Travel Journals forum for sharing playthroughs of ROM Hacks, Fan Games, and other Pokémon content!
  • IMPORTANT: Following a takedown request, the following hacks have been delisted from PokéCommunity:

• Pokémon Glazed
    • Pokémon: Giratina Strikes Back
    • Pokémon Flora Sky
    • Pokémon Stranded
    The downloads and discussion threads for these hacks will no longer be accessible, and staff will be unable to return questions regarding accessing this content.

[Fire Red] No Profit Warning Screen

Mr.Pkmn

Ordinary ASM Magician
Years
  • Seen Nov 17, 2023
I acknowledged very late that the link for my previous patch got broken so here it is again

MmeVc.png

Original Post:
Mr.Pkmn said:
Hello PC, today I want to share my latest work for Fire Red US in the effort to reaffirm that selling hacks is bad and copyright holders shouldn't bash rom hackers when their work give support to the franchise.

Based on this project, I tweaked the code to allow these features:
- Full palette support with 256 colors (8bpp)
- LZ77 compressed tileset and tilemap that can be easily modified with unLZ
- Smooth fade-in and fade-out

The screen I made shows a short multilingual message, and the patch writes the data in the same place of the previous patch (0xA90000).

Credit is not needed but surely appreciated!

Attachments

• warnscreen.ips
    14 KB · Views: 223

Mr.Pkmn

Ordinary ASM Magician
Years
  • Seen Nov 17, 2023
Wanted to know one thing!
I feel like adding it to my hack but is it the patch for no profit screen only or anything else also??
Answer pls
You can easily change the graphics with unlz. Here some offsets:

0xA90100 = 256 color palette
0xA90300 = LZ77 tilemap
0xA90A00 = LZ77 tiles, 256 color mode

Years
uhhmm there's an error, you should make it say "hack rom", not "rom hack" for Spanish and Italian too :/ (I live in Italy so I can confirm in Italy it is "hack rom", and I know for Spain too it is "hack rom")

Mr.Pkmn

Ordinary ASM Magician
Years
  • Seen Nov 17, 2023
Apparently common hack tools are difficult to use for 256 color images.
The easiest way to make a new custom screen is to use GRIT command line tool with this command:
Code:
grit [I]yourimage.png[/I] -gt -gB8 -gzl -m -mLs -mR8 -mzl -p -ps0 -pe256 -ftb
This will make 3 separate binary files for the tiles, tilemap and palette.
Overwrite the contents of the patch using the offsets mentioned before and you're done.

Last edited:

Jcool

Stellar
Years
Do you think it's possible to change the black and white Gamefreak copyright image that appears in the beginning before the intro plays to support 256 colors? I figured that just repointing the palette for the image and adding my own image and tileset/raw would do it, but I haven't had success.

So pretty much this tutorial but with 256. https://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=186125

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Apr 24, 2023
after i used this patch on my hack, it works fine. After I made a patch of my hack though it just white screens

Back