The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > ROM Hacking > Hacks Studio > Progressing Hacks

Notices

Progressing Hacks The forum for submitting your hack in production. Everyone's welcome, and you may come and find a hack that's starting out or make your own hack. For Pokémon/non-Pokémon hacks.

Advertise here

Closed Thread

Old May 8th, 2005, 12:34 PM
Treecko Fan 12
Lloyd, Eternal Swordsman!

Send a message via AIM to Treecko Fan 12 Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Treecko Fan 12

Advertise here
Hi. I'm starting a new hack called Pokemon Heatwave. It is set at the exact same time as R/S, but Groudon has already been running around for a few years. You journey from Littleroot to find Kyogre and banish Groudon back beneath the sea. The Gym Leaders have all been called away to try and fight Groudon themselves, leaving behind replacements. So far I have two Gym Leaders, if anyone wants to be one, just leave some details. It should include a name for the gym leader, Pokemon he/she has (But they must still be based around the original type. For example, if you take over from Wattson, you still have to have electric Pokemon, but you can choose what levels and which Pokemon) Current Gyms taken are Rustboro and Dewford. The maps will be edited for towns so that they don't have water in. I am also going to try and get rid of the sea, so that you can walk straight across it. Fire Pokemon will be common, water Pokemon will be rare. The weather institute will also play a bigger part in this, though how, you will have to wait and see. Here's a few screens to keep you all pleased for now.
Old May 8th, 2005, 12:58 PM
Dream Illusionist
//Teenager with S.T.Y.L.E.//

Location: In order to be here, I need to be in front of a PC, no?
I like it a lot, Treecko Fan 12! I hope you keep up with this!

~Currently under renovations~
Old May 8th, 2005, 01:10 PM
blueguy
No capitalization required. ;D

Nature: Quirky
I actually really love your idea! Make everything extremely parched!

Ooh! I have an idea, which you should use! Instead of grass have lots of sand, since the grass has just been burnt to a crisp! It'd look tres cool.
Old May 8th, 2005, 01:22 PM
Treecko Fan 12

Send a message via AIM to Treecko Fan 12 Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Treecko Fan 12
Thanks for all your support. I'm not as good at hacking as other people. I can only do text editing and maps. But I don't really need to do any spriting so that solves one thing. I might need a bit of help in some parts doing some event editing, but I'm confident I can do most of it myself.
Old May 8th, 2005, 01:36 PM
* Jade *
Booted out - don't be like me!

This is sounds abit like to MewthreeInc's Pokemon Riku....
Old May 8th, 2005, 01:40 PM
Thomas
HAIL HYDRA!
Community Supporter

Well I am not really a fan of hacks that take place in Hoenn but I will sure keep an eye on this
Old May 8th, 2005, 01:51 PM
Treecko Fan 12

Well I don't really look at many hacks, there's only a couple I actually take interest in, and I haven't seen that hack before. So if it is similar, it is purely by coincidence.
Old May 8th, 2005, 05:15 PM
MAR Heaven
No Comment

Great hack Treecko fan id like to be the Muaville city gym leader
Name:Gerardo
Pokemon: Plusle lv. 20, minun lv. 22, and Raichu lv. 24
Battle quote: Wattson might be gone but im just as strong as he is

edit: The TM Is zap cannon

Last edited by MAR Heaven; May 9th, 2005 at 10:12 AM.
Old May 8th, 2005, 05:26 PM
CyberForte
Calculmancer

Send a message via AIM to CyberForte Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to CyberForte Send a message via Yahoo to CyberForte
Not a bad idea... Btw, it will take you a LONG time to edit all of the Sea out, so good luck...
Oh, and I'll volunteer a character of mine for Gym Duty.

(Note: This is not me)
Name-Lunasa
Gender-Female
Description-Medium height, long black hair, violet eyes, wears light-blue skirt and T-shirt.
Personality-Almost always very nice and acts playful, but can be deadly serious if she needs to, though she hates doing that.
Town-Mossdeep
Team-
Lv.38 Alakazam
Lv.40 Metang
Lv.42 Espeon

Last edited by CyberForte; May 8th, 2005 at 06:07 PM.
Old May 8th, 2005, 05:31 PM
AcCiDeNT

Send a message via AIM to AcCiDeNT Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to AcCiDeNT
actually it won't take long to edit the sea out, if you change one tile all of them change... so good luck with his... and it looks great..

AcCiDeNT Is back to destroy you all!
If you need hacks hosted... Just PM me... All rules apply, must be a IPS Patch, must have screens... Etc.
Old May 8th, 2005, 06:06 PM
CyberForte
Calculmancer

Send a message via AIM to CyberForte Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to CyberForte Send a message via Yahoo to CyberForte
Well, the tilesets of the sea area contain multiple sea panels, but editing all of them would be far easier than editing each area by itself....
Old May 8th, 2005, 06:11 PM
AcCiDeNT

Send a message via AIM to AcCiDeNT Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to AcCiDeNT
yeah edit all of the sea tiles, which isn't as long as you said, it would cut down time by days XD

If you need hacks hosted... Just PM me... All rules apply, must be a IPS Patch, must have screens... Etc.
Old May 8th, 2005, 06:33 PM
CyberForte
Calculmancer

But if you do, don't forget to change the attribute thing or you wll still get a sea battle feild in battle under you and the enemy.
Old May 8th, 2005, 06:36 PM
AcCiDeNT

yeah, and how will you dive underwater to get to the team rocket submarine place? XD that's going to be the hard part unless you make a cave that you can just enter... so it won't be that hard o.O

Old May 8th, 2005, 07:06 PM
CyberForte
Calculmancer

He could leave the water in tileset 0 and edit it out of the others maybe... Or leave just one or two in the sea's tilesets the way they are, he'd have to do at least some actual map editing either way...
Old May 8th, 2005, 07:13 PM
AcCiDeNT

yeah, make it say do you want to dig here? XD

Old May 8th, 2005, 07:18 PM
CyberForte
Calculmancer

*Puts idea in "Might be useful for future hacks" folder*
I might use that if I ever make a desert region. But you'd have to switch the TM/HMs for Dig and Dive around, so it might be hard to do...
Old May 8th, 2005, 07:31 PM
AcCiDeNT

yes, somewhat it would, but actually it wouldn't if there is nowhere to dive... then make dive dig and dig something else change the attack power accuracy, then change the description then change the battle effect to something else and you're done...

Old May 8th, 2005, 09:30 PM
* Jade *
Booted out - don't be like me!

Can I be a Gym Leader in Fortree?

Gym Leader Jade
1.Roselia
2.Breloom
3.Cacturne
4.Tropicus

TM 09
Old May 9th, 2005, 03:19 AM
Dream Illusionist
//Teenager with S.T.Y.L.E.//

Location: In order to be here, I need to be in front of a PC, no?
Well then, if you don't mind, I would replace Wallace, in the Water gym in Sootopolis.

Gym Leader Mirage (female if possible, if you want, give you a sprite of her later)

Starmie
Seadra
Milotic
Masquerain
Marshtomp

Their level is to your criteria

Oh, and if you want different text...

Starting text:

"Oh! A new challenger! Did you ever notice the beauties the lasting water has? Its splashes, waves... Do you really want to challenge me?

Then prepare for the biggest splash in your life!

Battle End Text

Oh, no! Water pokmon's strengh is diminished thanks to the heatwave...

Final text

"Well, you won fair and square, (Player)! Take your badge, then.
Oh, and here's a TM too! (TM descriptions)

After-math text (when you won, and speak to him again)

Good Luck in winning the league!

~Currently under renovations~
Old May 9th, 2005, 09:29 AM
Treecko Fan 12

For everyone who applied as a leader, you'r accepted, except for Jason. I did say they still had to be thwe same type as the Gym Leader who usually is there. Fortree uses bird Pokemon. They are grass Pokemon. And having it so that you need to dig instead of using Dive is a brilliant idea. I never thought of it. If all the water was gone though, then what would people drink. I will leave some routes with water, but I think I will use the dig idea. And a note to future posters for Gym Positions, Petalburg has been filled. That leaves Fortree (unless Jason's gonna change his Pokemon) and Lavaridge.
Old May 9th, 2005, 10:10 AM
MAR Heaven
No Comment

Thanks for letting me be a gym leader teeckofan and it really is a good idea to have dig instead of dive
Old May 9th, 2005, 01:09 PM
CyberForte
Calculmancer

Glad to hear it
Btw, I meant just switching the two moves' places so dive is where Dig was and vice-versa.
Old May 9th, 2005, 03:00 PM
Kronos
Shooting Star

Nice idea, you could go very far with it... Just remember that groudon also created more land [or as magma beleived...] Maybe u could incorperate that into your game..
Pokemon Worldwake [RPG Xp]

Old May 9th, 2005, 05:09 PM
CyberForte
Calculmancer

You know, this is kinda the idea of what he said about land replacing the sea and all as well as the discussion over replacing dig with dive.

Sponsored Links

Advertise here