Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > The PokéCommunity Archives > Game Development Archive
Reload this Page Pokemon Green With The Original Battle System

Notices
For all updates, view the main page.

Game Development Archive Locked games or old games, look for the old games that were in Game Development before November 20, 2005 or were locked before January 19, 2006.

Old May 12th, 2005 (02:30 AM).
Deto-Nate
Kiphacks is Back!

Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Deto-Nate
I am in the prcess of remaking the origianl battle system from 'Pokemon Green'. I will be remaking the 'Pokemon Green' Game to demonstrate the 'Battle System'. My aim is to release this game, so that people can use it as a basis to make any 'Pokemon' game they want from it. All the systems will be included, and everything will be very easy to tweak and customise. I am not settin a time for when i will release any Demo's or anything like that, But im ready you will be happy with what you get.

Below is the only screen i am releasing and it is of the title screen.

~Originally came into the Pokemon scene as a 'Rom Hacker' by the name 'Kiphacks', a few years back. I was one of the best 'Gold/Silver' hackers out there, but now im into 'RMXP'.
Old May 12th, 2005 (02:42 AM).
funnybunny
Advanced RM2k(3) Coder

Wow, you sound very confident of pulling this off. Seeing you singnature you use to be a (rom)hacker, but RMXP or RM2k(3) is a lot diferent and a lot harder. You have to make everything not editing. I sure hope you can pull it off.
- RM2k(3) Mapping, example: Ultimatum; Inner War(WIP)
- Drawing.
- Small spriter, example: Tiger Dust Games - forum skin.
- Small Story writing, example: Ultimatum; Inner War(WIP) - story.
Old May 12th, 2005 (03:07 AM).
Jeff_PKLight
RMXP User

Nature: Adamant
Cool, can't wait to see how it turns out!
Oh, and I think the rules here state that you need a screen of the actually gameplay.

~The River~

Current project

Pokemon Light Progress:

Light is starting over! I'll update this once I progress more in Light again.

:: Pokemon Light Links ::
:: Site :: :: Forums :: :: Thread ::
Old May 12th, 2005 (03:32 AM).
Deto-Nate
Kiphacks is Back!

I aint bothered tomake any gameplay yet, all i am focusing on is the input of all data needed at the moment, for instance i have completely addaed every attack and all data for them. I will pull this off, im not just confident, im certain that i will do it. I know 'Rom-Hacking' is alot different but i got to my peak in that, i was the first person to ever completely edit the title screen of Gold/Silver including the animated bird flying on it, without any assembly coding or without decompressing the 'title-screen' first like Jazz did back in the days of the 'TAN Forums'. I have been practising with rm2k3 for over a year now and can do anything i want with it, i know exactly what i want and how to do it. It will be done! The hardest thing about making a 'Pokemon Battle System' is coding in all the AI of the trainers and how enemy 'Pokemon' respond to your 'Pokemons' Actions in battles and how 'Enemy Pokemon' decide on which attacks to use, but that isnt a problem for me, Give me awhile. When i do actually decide to release a demo it will be of the battle system only, not the game. You will be able to choose any pokemon and battle any pokemon, choose any moveset you want and have a proper battle. This battle system WILL be more realistic than the 'Netbattle' one, if any of you have ever used that. Give me time and i will give everyone a game, which will act as a 'Pokemon Construction Set' for building your own game with.

~Originally came into the Pokemon scene as a 'Rom Hacker' by the name 'Kiphacks', a few years back. I was one of the best 'Gold/Silver' hackers out there, but now im into 'RMXP'.
Old May 12th, 2005 (04:15 AM).
Sorye HK
Looking around here and there

Nature: Adamant
I wish you very good luck on this. It will help many people. You could get use some stuff from the rm2k3 version of the CBS the group's working on.
Old May 12th, 2005 (04:23 AM).
Deto-Nate
Kiphacks is Back!

Thanx for the offer, i appreciate it. I would prefer to do everything by myself from scratch though, I like working alone and i will get it done quicker that way. This should only take a few weeks to finish the actual battle system, dont know about the game though.

Old May 12th, 2005 (04:33 AM).
Dawson
The Rebirth Is Upon Us

If it is an actual game then you're supposed to release an in-game screenshot to keep the thread open. But it seems to be more like the other battle system thread so I dunno what to do, but Daegon hasn't locked it so I guess it stays open.
Good luck with this, you seem very determined to pull it off. I just hope that your determination can stay like that after you get some serious work put in.
Old May 12th, 2005 (04:42 AM).
Deto-Nate
Kiphacks is Back!

Sorry, if i had a in-game screenshot i would put it up, but i dont at the moment. I aint even started making the actual interface of the game, just doing all the coding that hides behind the mask, so thta the game will run how i want it.

Old May 12th, 2005 (04:50 AM).
Peekimon
Me = cat-aholic, Meowr

Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Peekimon Send a message via Yahoo to Peekimon
Neat screenshot I'd like to see how this turns out.
Old May 12th, 2005 (10:10 AM).
serpenter
Eternal Inferno

Nature: Jolly
whear a scren shot? i wanna see a screenshot
"The girl who bears witness to death, at the time of the Saigyou Ayakashi's full bloom, shall be bound by mortality. So that her soul may rest in peace within the Hakugyokurou, I will seal the cherry blossoms, and make it the barrier."

Old May 12th, 2005 (11:26 AM).
Blizzy
me = Scripter.new("Noob")

Quote originally posted by serpenter:
whear a scren shot? i wanna see a screenshot
if you look at the first post, you'll see the screenshot,
which is the titlescreen.
and before you post, you might check your spelling.

good luck on the battle system!

Old May 12th, 2005 (02:26 PM).
Deto-Nate
Kiphacks is Back!

I will release a screenshot, whe there is something to release a screenshot of. I dont have an interface made yet, so what would be the point in putting up a screenshot of the onlything that has been done, which is the coding?.

Old May 12th, 2005 (03:53 PM).
Krazy_Meerkat
Rawr!

Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Krazy_Meerkat
The title screen looks great! Coding the AI wouldn't be too hard, I can think of code for it right now but my problem is that I haven't coded all of the attacks and types in yet so I can't make complete AI for it yet..
Sometimes working solo is not the best idea.. I am a good coder but I'm terrible with co-ords and pictures.. Also you run into a lot of problems which you didn't foresee while making the code... I wish you luck and I'll be here if you need some help but just don't underestimate the task you're undertaking.

You must edit it to meet the limits set by the rules before you may remove the [sig-reason] code from your signature. Removing this tag will re-enable it.

Do not remove the tag until you fix the issues in your signature. You may be infracted for removing this tag if you do not fix the specified issues. Do not use this tag for decoration purposes.
Old May 12th, 2005 (04:19 PM).
Deto-Nate
Kiphacks is Back!

Alright thanx i appreciate the advice and like you say, i am expecting problems to occur that i havent forseen. There is nothing that i feel will prevent me from completing it though, so i will press on with the coding.

Old May 12th, 2005 (05:55 PM).
* Jade *
Booted out - don't be like me!

Itz been a while, Kiphacks.

This is really awesome and I am looking forward to this.

Have a nice day,

~Jason
Old May 13th, 2005 (02:29 AM).
Deto-Nate
Kiphacks is Back!

Hey Shiny, long time no speak ey!. how you been? are you working on any project at the moment? you will like this when im finished, trust!. I am gonna make one town in the game so i can release a screenshot today, just so i am following the rules like every1 else.

Old May 13th, 2005 (05:26 AM).
Naas02
Cerulean cool trainer

you seem confident which is always good and I hope you have very few problems with your project
Old May 16th, 2005 (02:35 AM).
Deto-Nate
Kiphacks is Back!

I have had a long weekend of doing things other than this, like going out and stuff. I will continue work on this project now.

Old May 16th, 2005 (03:17 PM).
rm2kdude
Advanced Pixel-Artist

Nature: Jolly
hmm nice title the battle system is not that hard at ALL the only hard part for me is the pokemon identifyer or something like that and yet I havn't figured that out but I know everything els though.
Old May 17th, 2005 (03:31 AM).
Deto-Nate
Kiphacks is Back!

what is the pokemon identifyer? and i have decided to use old gbc graphics rather than gba, this will keep the retro effect.

Old May 17th, 2005 (04:27 AM).
Krazy_Meerkat
Rawr!

Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Krazy_Meerkat
I don't know anyone that has ever thought a battle system was easy..

You must edit it to meet the limits set by the rules before you may remove the [sig-reason] code from your signature. Removing this tag will re-enable it.

Do not remove the tag until you fix the issues in your signature. You may be infracted for removing this tag if you do not fix the specified issues. Do not use this tag for decoration purposes.
Old May 17th, 2005 (04:57 AM).
Deto-Nate
Kiphacks is Back!

Here is a screenshot from of my computer screen to prove show that i am making an interface for my game aswell now:

There are still alot of maps to do, but they wont take to long anyway.

Old May 17th, 2005 (05:15 AM).
DarkPegasus
~ Stargazer ~

Why are you using old sprites?You shold use LG/FR or R/S/E graphics.

Edit: What is woodland soldiers?
Old May 17th, 2005 (05:51 AM).
Deto-Nate
Kiphacks is Back!

I am using the old graphics cos i cnt be bothered to spend to much time making the actual game. i just wanna make a game that has all the systems in it, so others can use it as a starting block to make better games from. i might decide to make a decent game after i have released this, my main aim is to make a perfect clone of the original battle system.

oh yeah and woodland soldiers is something me and some of my mates are part of that make games, like a little team.

Old May 17th, 2005 (06:47 AM).
DarkPegasus
~ Stargazer ~

Oh,ok,but it wouldn't be a waste of your time and it would help a lot to users who make games(cuz there would be newest chipsets,charsets,battlesets...).

Quick Reply

Sponsored Links