Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > The PokéCommunity Archives > Game Development Archive
Reload this Page Pokemon Green With The Original Battle System

Notices
For all updates, view the main page.

Game Development Archive Locked games or old games, look for the old games that were in Game Development before November 20, 2005 or were locked before January 19, 2006.

Old May 17th, 2005 (06:55 AM).
Deto-Nate
Kiphacks is Back!

Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Deto-Nate
dunno i will think about it, if i can be bothered to make all the maps.

Actually i know i said i was working alone but now i will accept people into my team 'Woodland Soldiers' if they wanna make maps for me with the new GBA graphics.

~Originally came into the Pokemon scene as a 'Rom Hacker' by the name 'Kiphacks', a few years back. I was one of the best 'Gold/Silver' hackers out there, but now im into 'RMXP'.
Old May 17th, 2005 (07:34 AM).
Deto-Nate
Kiphacks is Back!

Alright this is rushed but i have quickly chabged the old graphics into the new ones for palett town, is this any good?

~Originally came into the Pokemon scene as a 'Rom Hacker' by the name 'Kiphacks', a few years back. I was one of the best 'Gold/Silver' hackers out there, but now im into 'RMXP'.
Old May 17th, 2005 (07:41 AM).
DarkPegasus
~ Stargazer ~

Well,it is a lot better and what I ment was,that some newbies that dont have anything for game making,want to make a Pokemon game,and they just download your "engine" and they have everything.
Old May 17th, 2005 (08:01 AM).
Deto-Nate
Kiphacks is Back!

Ok well your rite i will use all the up-to-date stuff, then everyone can just gte on with making a game and wont have to worry about collecting resources and stuff like that.

Old May 17th, 2005 (09:21 AM).
Neo Android
Master Eevee Trainer

Nature: Timid
Ok well im confused. How will u give this battle system out? Will you leave the editing bit of your game open, so they can view the script editor and see the scripts you did and use them or what??? Anyways i will be using ur battle system hopefully .

You must edit it to meet the limits set by the rules before you may remove the [sig-reason] code from your signature. Removing this tag will re-enable it.

Do not remove the tag until you fix the issues in your signature. You may be infracted for removing this tag if you do not fix the specified issues. Do not use this tag for decoration purposes.
Old May 17th, 2005 (09:48 AM).
Blizzy
me = Scripter.new("Noob")

Quote originally posted by Lone Eevee:
Ok well im confused. How will u give this battle system out? Will you leave the editing bit of your game open, so they can view the script editor and see the scripts you did and use them or what??? Anyways i will be using ur battle system hopefully .
how do you know he's going to script it?
me might be doing this with events

Old May 17th, 2005 (10:09 AM).
Deto-Nate
Kiphacks is Back!

Yeah i am using events cos its alot easier for me. You will download the game and open it in RMXP. Everyting will be easier to edit and you will be able to implement your own stuff into it. So basically this 'game' can actually be classed as an 'Engine' with a built in 'Construction Set'.

Old May 17th, 2005 (10:21 AM).
Blizzy

Quote originally posted by Deto-Nate:
Yeah i am using events cos its alot easier for me. You will download the game and open it in RMXP. Everyting will be easier to edit and you will be able to implement your own stuff into it. So basically this 'game' can actually be classed as an 'Engine' with a built in 'Construction Set'.
i'm sure maybe people are going to use this.

Old May 17th, 2005 (02:53 PM).
Deto-Nate
Kiphacks is Back!

I have decided that i will include a fewof my own pokemon creations in this game i am making, here is one example below....what you think?

or should i just leave the originals in and not bother making more?

Old May 17th, 2005 (03:19 PM).
Krazy_Meerkat
Rawr!

Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Krazy_Meerkat
Haha those graphics take me back, I think you should leave it that way XD
I wasn't too aware that you were using rmxp for this! This brightens up my day
Now we will have a pokemon battle system for rm2k3 and xp

That pokemon looks good but if you add it in, all sorts of people will be claiming credit for it and using it in their games. I say just use the standard ones.

You must edit it to meet the limits set by the rules before you may remove the [sig-reason] code from your signature. Removing this tag will re-enable it.

Do not remove the tag until you fix the issues in your signature. You may be infracted for removing this tag if you do not fix the specified issues. Do not use this tag for decoration purposes.
Old May 17th, 2005 (03:25 PM).
Deto-Nate
Kiphacks is Back!

I will just use the new ones, easier for every1 innit. but then again maybe i should use the old. every1 who reads this post what you think.

Old May 17th, 2005 (03:27 PM).
Neo Genesis
The Wanderer

Can I be a mapper please?

New Djinn, New Heros, New Lighthouses, New Adepts, New Psynergy, The same bad guys. Coming soon Golden Sun Scars of Time! Will you journey with the heros? Or walk in the path of Saturos and Miniradi?Note game will progress very slowly and might be cancled to continue pokemon lost era.

My little brother is Sykora yay!
Old May 17th, 2005 (03:30 PM).
Deto-Nate
Kiphacks is Back!

You can be a mapper if you show me an example of ur work, if i like then sure. That goes for every1 by the way, show me example of ur work and then ask.

Old May 17th, 2005 (03:31 PM). Edited May 17th, 2005 by NeoRagnarock.
Neo Genesis
The Wanderer

30 min ill give you a vermilionth city map.

New Djinn, New Heros, New Lighthouses, New Adepts, New Psynergy, The same bad guys. Coming soon Golden Sun Scars of Time! Will you journey with the heros? Or walk in the path of Saturos and Miniradi?Note game will progress very slowly and might be cancled to continue pokemon lost era.

Old May 17th, 2005 (03:43 PM).
Deto-Nate
Kiphacks is Back!

Ok well do your best, if i like your stuff then you will become part of my team ok. i will tell ya what maps to make and you will get credit in the game obviously.

Old May 17th, 2005 (04:14 PM).
Neo Genesis
The Wanderer

I kinda rushed it but here it is..........

Old May 17th, 2005 (04:19 PM).
Deto-Nate
Kiphacks is Back!

It looks alright but i still dont know, here ya go, make me a map of pallett town aswell, that is only a small map. if i like it then you are definetly in ok.

Old May 17th, 2005 (04:20 PM).
Neo Genesis
The Wanderer

ok it'll be awhille because I wanna make it purty.

Old May 17th, 2005 (04:23 PM).
Deto-Nate
Kiphacks is Back!

alright then take aslong as you want, i aint going anywhere. Any1 got any suggestions for how i should have the battle layout? dont wanna use the old one cos black and white is quite boring, dnt wanna use the new one cos it looks terrible. I need something original, sooo ideas people.

Old May 17th, 2005 (05:40 PM). Edited May 18th, 2005 by NeoRagnarock.
Neo Genesis
The Wanderer

heres my version of pallet town, route1, and pewter city

Old May 17th, 2005 (05:44 PM).
rm2kdude
Advanced Pixel-Artist

Nature: Jolly
The pokemon identifyer is hmm how do i say this ok you have pikachu in your first slot so he would come out first thats what it is but does anyone know this.

its delaying my bs demo release.

heres my pallet
Attached Images
File Type: png ddd.PNG‎ (92.6 KB, 32 views) (Save to Dropbox)
Old May 18th, 2005 (06:28 AM).
Neo Android
Master Eevee Trainer

Well i will be using this battle system. So i hope it is done pretty soon lol.

Quote:
Now we will have a pokemon battle system for rm2k3 and xp
true but i think many more will convert to rmxp when this battle system is done.

Old May 18th, 2005 (07:47 AM).
Blizzy

Quote originally posted by Lone Eevee:
Well i will be using this battle system. So i hope it is done pretty soon lol.

true but i think many more will convert to rmxp when this battle system is done.
why convert it to rmxp when it's made in rmxp?

Old May 18th, 2005 (08:55 AM).
Neo Android
Master Eevee Trainer

Quote originally posted by -virtual-:
why convert it to rmxp when it's made in rmxp?
I meant more people will stop using rm2k3 and covert to using rmxp because of this. understand??

Old May 18th, 2005 (02:52 PM).
Deto-Nate
Kiphacks is Back!

Well i aint got that much time to put into this. i gotta goto work and i have a social life of cruising in my car lol, but i will work on it as quick as i can to get it finished. and yeah you are on my team now Neo! you can add the woodland soldiers pic to ur sig if ya want! i like ur mappin, you can be my main mapper, try and do as many maps as you can or want to lol. add me to msn aswell if ya have it so i can chat to ya on that! any1 else wanna join the team? spriters etc... just ask. and the pokemon selector is easy to make, shouldnt be hard atall.

Quick Reply

Sponsored Links