The Pok√©Community Forums  

Go Back   The Pok√©Community Forums > The Pok√©Community Archives > Game Development Archive

Notices

Game Development Archive Locked games or old games, look for the old games that were in Game Development before November 20, 2005 or were locked before January 19, 2006.

Old May 16th, 2005, 02:49 AM
Charizard_Fire_God
Booted out - don't be like me!

Send a message via ICQ to Charizard_Fire_God Send a message via AIM to Charizard_Fire_God Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Charizard_Fire_God Send a message via Yahoo to Charizard_Fire_God
OK I've been working on a Pokťmon game for 3 years now, what's done so far is that it can save in and outside of battles, pkmn can evolve in battle, growth system complete, items complete, battle system is complete, computer can be operated, 600 pkmn fit in the boxes, 40 items in inventory, no amount limit, 100 items @ pc, it makes backup saves, and can even upgrade itself from other savegames if say yar game is v1.00 and yar friend's savegame is v1.5, the game even has the help system in fr/lg. All that's left to do is to finish filling in the database, draw the maps, rip off sprites etc.. The game's graphics also need work. The game will be a combination of all the pkmn games made so far w/ Kanto, Johto, Hoenn and the new region that is to be in diamond/pearl. The game was first intended to be pkmn orange w/ purple as its sister and cyan as a yellow/crystal/emerald, but a pkmn orange rom hack is already out and the name's overused anyway so now the game is nameless.

...But I've struck a dead end.
I've reached the limits of QBASIC in which the game was programmed and I -desperately- need a converter to transfer it into a more decent language like C++. I need help if anyone can help me find a QBASIC -> C++ converter or maybe even help me port it over to Visual Basic.
Most ppl would suggest restarting it on another language but after 3 years and 1.7 MEGS OF HAND-WRITTEN CODE, all made from scratch out of pure passion that ain't gonna happen!

Any help would be greatly appreciated, as I have not been able to do much to my game in the last 6 months because of this inconvenience! Thank you in advance.
Old May 16th, 2005, 03:25 AM
MatiZ Master

good to hear, but quick, post some screens before the mod will se this thread!

If you understand that txt above, PM me :D
lol
Old May 16th, 2005, 03:55 AM
Deto-Nate
Kiphacks is Back!

Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Deto-Nate
Id like to see some screenshots of this game, maybe even relase a small demo to show every1 all your hard work.

~Originally came into the Pokemon scene as a 'Rom Hacker' by the name 'Kiphacks', a few years back. I was one of the best 'Gold/Silver' hackers out there, but now im into 'RMXP'.
Old May 16th, 2005, 04:11 AM
Charizard_Fire_God

Send a message via ICQ to Charizard_Fire_God Send a message via AIM to Charizard_Fire_God Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Charizard_Fire_God Send a message via Yahoo to Charizard_Fire_God
Quote:
Originally Posted by MatiZ Master
good to hear, but quick, post some screens before the mod will se this thread!
I CANT post screenshots 'cause ya can't take screenshots from DOS programs! That darn PrintScreen doesn't work in DOS proggies. >_<
--IT IS PHYSICALLY IMPOSSIBLE--

...btw where can I post the game know any free hosting sites so I can at least post it somewhere so ppl will know I'm not lying?
...as for the demo you could run the game yarself if ya have QB...
If ya can tell me a free hosting site I'll upload it there and post a link to it in here.

...okay I asked DarkMage31 to post a link ta it in his game archive so you can all check it out. Will that do?

Last edited by Charizard_Fire_God; May 16th, 2005 at 07:38 AM.
Old May 16th, 2005, 03:33 PM
DarkMage31
RM2K(3) Master

Just like you asked

Good luck with the conversion thing btw. Unfortunately I don't know the solution.

Old May 16th, 2005, 07:32 PM
Charizard_Fire_God

Thanx! I hope I'll manage to figure it out one day -- maybe someone will know the answer...
Btw I don't know how to load bitmaps or play mp3s or this thing would have much better graphics. Anyone know how I can do it from a DOS program? o.0
Old May 16th, 2005, 11:32 PM
Booda Sack
Sphere Master

Cant you write a function to save whats drawn on the screen to an image.
Or use an actuall screen capture program instead of print screen.
Old May 17th, 2005, 12:17 AM
Sorye HK
Looking around here and there

Nature: Adamant
http://www.mirekw.com/winfreeware/mwsnap.html
Phoenix.. No Dawson mentioned this site some time ago in another thread. Pretty useful for taking pics.
Old May 17th, 2005, 05:51 AM
Charizard_Fire_God

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daegon_Kimeron
http://www.mirekw.com/winfreeware/mwsnap.html
Phoenix.. No Dawson mentioned this site some time ago in another thread. Pretty useful for taking pics.
I tried it but not even that can take snapshots offa DOS proggies. >_<
I don't know... anyways the game is in now the game archive of Game Developement, anyone who has QBASIC and some advanced programming skills please help me out -- I need a function that can import and use bitmaps, or better yet, jpgs if I am to get some good graphics done in. Btw I'll mention the game uses SCREEN 9 and also mention that I've found a couple of progs but they either weren't compattible w/ SCREEN 9 or messed up the rest of the colors after the function call. >_<
Old May 19th, 2005, 07:12 AM
charmander,eleon,zard#2
Call me Krishnan, Please

Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to charmander,eleon,zard#2
Hi CFG have you tried searching google? And what exactly is that you can't do in QBasic? Also Can you please post the link to your game? I really want to play it.
Old May 19th, 2005, 07:20 AM
Charizard_Fire_God

Quote:
Originally Posted by charmander,eleon,zard#2
Hi CFG have you tried searching google? And what exactly is that you can't do in QBasic? Also Can you please post the link to your game? I really want to play it.
The link is in the games archive in game development.
Graphics are way too slow, can't play music in the background and can't load jpgs without messing up the rest of the colors.
I searched google 'till my brain fried up.

Quick Reply

Sponsored Links