Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Creative Discussions > Art & Design
Reload this Page SC Lounge

Notices
For all updates, view the main page.

Art & Design For digital, traditional, design, photography and mixed media art, Pokémon-related or not. Showcase or discuss anything related to the visual arts here.

Closed Thread

Old June 17th, 2008 (06:11 PM).
Go team dynamite!

Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Aero-LyNx Send a message via Yahoo to Aero-LyNx
Wow, a better name than I said before.
Old June 25th, 2008 (05:07 AM).

Nature: Hasty
Thanks, made it up on the spot.

In my signature, I will play a Pokémon game and let you decide on the action! The current decision is:

Bulbasaur, Squirtle, or Charmander? PM me with your choice and check out the blog as well!
Old June 29th, 2008 (03:34 AM).
Go team dynamite!

Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Aero-LyNx Send a message via Yahoo to Aero-LyNx
So, when will u post your comic? I still confused with mine... When I complete the Special Event comic, I will PM you first
Old July 28th, 2008 (06:43 AM).

Nature: Hasty
Thanks! This place looks more active the last time I saw it.

In my signature, I will play a Pokémon game and let you decide on the action! The current decision is:

Bulbasaur, Squirtle, or Charmander? PM me with your choice and check out the blog as well!
Old August 16th, 2008 (07:39 PM).
Pokemon Virus Version Creator

Send a message via AIM to Pokehero22
I made a comic >.> Srry If i may not be funny

JK oh man, that was too good.

This account is useless now, so, bye!
Old September 19th, 2008 (01:01 AM).
Squirtle > You

wow the pixel projects area doesnt move very fast does it? I remember it being alot faster...

anyway, for those of you who remember me and are still lurking around I'm just here to announce that I've returned from the dead for the 2nd or 3rd time and am going to be remaking my old comic Pokemon Exterminators... expect it on October 1st, also for those people still around who I used to know, if you're not on my current friendlist or changed your name or something drop me a message so I know who you are.. or were... kay thats all. thanks for your time....

- Decep
Old September 19th, 2008 (02:41 AM).
(。・ω・)ノ゙ Hello, I am Amachi-chan~♪

Nature: Jolly
yeah, the sprite comic section along with the trainer card section had been slowing down for a long time before they were merged. It's unfortunate, but things have changed. Automatic trainer card makers are faster than your shops and comic makers don't usually get the support they'd like. Or they just get lazy.

Oh wait, them comic makers have always been like that :P

Anyway, nice to see you around - good luck with your comic :)
Old September 29th, 2008 (06:06 PM).
Pokemon Virus Version Creator

Send a message via AIM to Pokehero22
Can someone tell me what they think of my comic?

JK oh man, that was too good.

This account is useless now, so, bye!
Old October 6th, 2008 (04:51 AM).
Medallion master

I'd like to ask...what kind of comics are appreciated here in PC? Because all I see are random comics which give no meaning and have no plot whatsoever. Are those kind of comics really liked in PC? How come there are no big, serious comics here? How come something like the 'Rhydon and Cascoon' comic so top tier? Because I saw something like that in pe2k(another forum), and it was much funnier and, well, random. But either way, a how come there is no comic with good grammar, a good storyline, and what else makes a great comic? I simply don't understand. something with good sprites and background and such, like in this in progress comic I'm doing:

So I'm asking, why aren't PC members not interested in such good and decent comics?
Old October 6th, 2008 (03:17 PM).
And the rest went riding on.

Incredibly untrue. We are entirely interested in Good and Decent comics. There are also good and decent comics with grammar and such in here. You just didn't look for them. Take Exterminators for instance. Beautiful comic, with just a little too much text.

It's just that we have such an inactive comic section that anything that comes along that's original is either chewed up or glorified. Next time please actually look at the comics section before assuming things like this. It's rather insulting. It's also insulting that you believe your comic has good things while ours only have bad things. I think you should let us decide before you bother to continue.

Gaah.
This signature is under construction.
But dun worry.
It will most likely stay like this FOREVAH.
Because I'm nowhere near as active as I used to be.
-[NP]
Old October 6th, 2008 (09:29 PM).
Medallion master

Yes, I did read exterminators, it is a good comic, but what I was speaking about was when that 'Rhydon and cascoon' thing is considered top tier(by someone, don't remember who), something that can be considered top tier only in it's field, not in pokemon sprite comics as a whole. The problem is that there aren't many sprite comics here, let alone decent ones. I wasn't trying to show off my comic, I was just trying to show an example of how good comics should be made.(that's kinda like my first comic) i was not trying to insult anyone, I just wanted people to make and stick with a decent comic, rather than make tons a easy to do random comics. I agree that they are funny, but too many of them isn't good.
Old October 7th, 2008 (04:18 AM).
Banned

Nature: Bold
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Fox♠
Quote originally posted by Xano:
I'd like to ask...what kind of comics are appreciated here in PC? Because all I see are random comics which give no meaning and have no plot whatsoever. Are those kind of comics really liked in PC? How come there are no big, serious comics here? How come something like the 'Rhydon and Cascoon' comic so top tier? Because I saw something like that in pe2k(another forum), and it was much funnier and, well, random. But either way, a how come there is no comic with good grammar, a good storyline, and what else makes a great comic? I simply don't understand. something with good sprites and background and such, like in this in progress comic I'm doing:

So I'm asking, why aren't PC members not interested in such good and decent comics?
Both your text and speech bubbles are horrific, as is your know-it-all attitude. Like Nova said, don't just come here and assume you know our community. And only an absolute idiot would think Rhydon And Cascoon is actually what we class as top tier. I made the comic to highlight what not to do and to send low IQers into a rant.

Happy to see the latter goal in action!
Old October 7th, 2008 (04:55 AM).
Medallion master

I am not good at sprite comics, and that is page 3 of my first comic, you'd be surprised how bad the other two are.

I am sorry for what I have said, everything was a big misunderstanding, and I did not mean to offend anyone, I was trying to show how sprite comics are supposed to look like, which I misunderstood from those who make those random comics.

I am not trying to offend, insult, or otherwise harm anyone, it was all a misunderstanding. Hope you can forgive me. By the way, what do you mean by "Happy to see the latter goal in action!"?(just asking out of curiosity)
Old October 7th, 2008 (01:15 PM).
Banned

It was a jab at your IQ. Because sure enough, you went into a rant about "random" comics, going so far as to mention Rhydon and Cascoon. The person who called it "top tier" is Davis, who actually made really good comics and is a personal friend, he was joking around, like every comment in that thread.
Old October 7th, 2008 (07:15 PM).
(。・ω・)ノ゙ Hello, I am Amachi-chan~♪

I probably should unstick that thread, the joke has gotten old, haha.

Also, what I hate most about making sprite comics - the backgrounds :(
Old October 8th, 2008 (05:16 AM).
Banned

I havent even updated the crapfest in forever LOL
Old May 17th, 2009 (06:21 PM). Edited May 17th, 2009 by Missingno.7-4468.
The Kazuka Party is for curry!

Nature: Modest
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Missingno.7-4468
So this is stickied? Cool!
Anyway, here is a comic I did as a request, I am really only posting it here so I can post it where it was requested...
But I want to know what others think.

Edit: Oh, I forgot to mention that this is my first sprite comic...
Attached Images
File Type: png Comic.png‎ (38.2 KB, 36 views) (Save to Dropbox)

^ This one is 500 px long for sure
Old August 9th, 2009 (09:21 AM).
Banned

Nature: Naughty
Hey, does anyone know what a good size for a panel is on a basic Fr/Lg style comic?
Old August 9th, 2009 (09:47 PM).
Who Do You Think?

Nature: Adamant
Quote originally posted by Kenji~:
Hey, does anyone know what a good size for a panel is on a basic Fr/Lg style comic?
Varies, really. The ones I used are the same size as a screenshot taken from VisualBoyAdvance FRLG Rom. It's about 240x160 in size.

Whatever size, I recommend you do not use anything HUGE, like enough to fit an entire town in the one frame. Big mistake (Learnt that one meself).
Old September 6th, 2009 (07:06 PM).
~Having one of THOSE days

Here, I finished a comic.

Mind you, I just did this for tests, I'm formatting for a comic I'll be making.
Nothing in this is finalized. :O

I actually titled it "Tests"
Spoiler:

super epic credit to Cilerba and Calis for OW Bases,
make sure you check them out as well!
Old January 10th, 2010 (08:44 AM).
Now for half price!

That comic is really good. most comics that have text displayed like that make the dialogue seem far off and detracts from the comic, but this works well together as your showing expressions and and changing sizes.
The joke seems a bit stale though, as its not really that funny, I get the Pokemon reference as then it could only be used in a Poke comic.
Just a little personal point of view but for the character portraits you could put in the trainers faces instead of their OWs.

You can stand and pee.Sure just go ahead and tinkle.Have some fun.Knock yourself out for all I care.Heck,pee all over your bathroom if need be.Just don't stand and poop.

Who Am I?
I AM

Pokepark, my old comic. Is now dead. And it will stay dead. Instead I've moved on to a new project.

My new video series(demos available for feedback, click the link to go to the thread):

The spinarak egg has been made by -DefaulT
Old January 24th, 2010 (01:22 PM).
N wins at life.

Which is better: 2x magnification or no magnification? I just started trying 2x.
Old January 24th, 2010 (05:21 PM).
Banned

Quote originally posted by random person:
Which is better: 2x magnification or no magnification? I just started trying 2x.
I'd say go with none, unless it seems necessary. Like when in a small room, or something.
Old February 25th, 2010 (12:09 PM).
~Having one of THOSE days

Quote originally posted by obLonG:
That comic is really good. most comics that have text displayed like that make the dialogue seem far off and detracts from the comic, but this works well together as your showing expressions and and changing sizes.
The joke seems a bit stale though, as its not really that funny, I get the Pokemon reference as then it could only be used in a Poke comic.
Just a little personal point of view but for the character portraits you could put in the trainers faces instead of their OWs.
Thanks for the imput, and to tell you the truth,
The comedy wasn't supposed to be all that funny, anyways. XD

It was to toy around with some effects I've made.

Hm, how does the "!" and "?" expression marks work in with the comic, in anybody's opinion?

super epic credit to Cilerba and Calis for OW Bases,
make sure you check them out as well!
Old April 14th, 2010 (11:45 AM).

Jeez, this thread is so busy it's unreal. I've been trying to post for the past half hour(!)

Anyway, I've been planning on creating a sprite comic. I have done so before, and i have plenty of experience, but the only problem is, i am disgraceful at Mapping.

I already have a Story Line set out, and everything else, but Backgrounds are the thing I am lacking.

Does anybody have any idea were I can get some random Maps or if someone could Create some for me, (credit given, of course.)
Closed Thread
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links