The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > The PokéCommunity Archives > Game Development Archive

Notices

Game Development Archive Locked games or old games, look for the old games that were in Game Development before November 20, 2005 or were locked before January 19, 2006.

Advertise here

Old May 18th, 2005, 10:00 AM
Neo Android
Master Eevee Trainer

Nature: Timid

Advertise here
This is my first pokemon game. It is called Pokemon:Tide of Destiny, ToD for short.

Story Summary

You start of in the new region called Annocia, you live in a small house in the small town of Pollygreen grass, you have to reach Sea Vine to get your first pokemon. You can chose from either Fire, Water or Holy pokemon. Meanwhile ur rivial is moving to sea vine. your rival's name is William, anyways you start your pokemon journey traveling through the region of Annocia. Until you encouter 2 teams:

Team Oceania and Team Abyss.

These 2 teams are trying to reseruct the ultimate pokemon, NightRouge and Heavoneon. Nightrouge is the pokemon of destruction and Heavoneon is the pokemon of destiny. Nightrouge and Heavoneon are trapped with in the cores of the Heavon Star, and the Death Star, these stars are located on the regioin of Annocia. Team Abyss is trying to reserect NR and Oceania HE. So you fight them both along with the occurance of a mustery team thats is trying to destroy Annocia for the true pokemon that lives within the regioin.

Goal: Your goal is to become a pokemon trainer or breeder (You have an option to chose which path in Sea vine) And to stop the 2 teams from awakening the 2 pokemon and to stop the ?? from destroying Annocia.

There will be new pokemon in this game.

Some Screenies

All of these are subject to change!

The pokedex is in the earlier stages, thanks to rmxp.net and BudiseBuds.

Menu script thanks to Esai and location thingy thansk to Peekimon. And thanks to -virutal-

Sea Vine Who can spot the 2 pokemon hiding in the flowers??

This is the title screen that will change after i reveal the new pokemon.

Post comments and such

- Lone Eevee

You must edit it to meet the limits set by the rules before you may remove the [sig-reason] code from your signature. Removing this tag will re-enable it.

Do not remove the tag until you fix the issues in your signature. You may be infracted for removing this tag if you do not fix the specified issues. Do not use this tag for decoration purposes.

Last edited by Neo Android; May 19th, 2005 at 07:56 AM.
Old May 18th, 2005, 10:15 AM
Peekimon
Me = cat-aholic, Meowr

Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Peekimon Send a message via Yahoo to Peekimon
Nice story you got there
Neat names, too!

Screenshot no:
1 - The trainer images look squashed.
2 - I couldn't see the pokedex yet, when I do, I'll edit the post. It's cool Very professional looking
3 - Menu's nice, I like the window skin
4 - The garden is "overflowered" as in, too much flowers there
5 - The titlescreen's colorful i like it
Old May 18th, 2005, 10:20 AM
Neo Android
Master Eevee Trainer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peekimon
Nice story you got there
Neat names, too!

Screenshot no:
1 - The trainer images look squashed.
2 - I couldn't see the pokedex yet, when I do, I'll edit the post.
3 - Menu's nice, I like the window skin
4 - The garden is "overflowered" as in, too much flowers there
5 - The titlescreen's colorful i like it
I know the trainers look squashed i am redoing that screen as we speak, so they are not squashed. Umm i didnt mean for it to be a garden, there like that as there relaxtion bushes and flowers/trees, that help pokemon gain levels and stop from being hurt by stauts attacks. as that is the pkmn relaxtion house! A bit like the day care, but alot more affective.

You must edit it to meet the limits set by the rules before you may remove the [sig-reason] code from your signature. Removing this tag will re-enable it.

Do not remove the tag until you fix the issues in your signature. You may be infracted for removing this tag if you do not fix the specified issues. Do not use this tag for decoration purposes.
Old May 18th, 2005, 10:27 AM
Peekimon
Me = cat-aholic, Meowr

Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Peekimon Send a message via Yahoo to Peekimon
Oh, but, it looks overflowered, as in, the flowers are all squashed together in one place.
Old May 18th, 2005, 11:15 AM
serpenter
Eternal Inferno

Nature: Jolly
does your pokedex work by showing monsters when you see them?
iv been after one of them four a while...
great looking screens btw.
"The girl who bears witness to death, at the time of the Saigyou Ayakashi's full bloom, shall be bound by mortality. So that her soul may rest in peace within the Hakugyokurou, I will seal the cherry blossoms, and make it the barrier."

Old May 18th, 2005, 12:18 PM
Neo Android
Master Eevee Trainer

yeah it shows the information of the pokemon after you have battled it. But im going to try and change it so the only info shows after you have caught the pokemon.

I am also hiring a scripter and a spriter, if anyone is intrested then please do say and post some of your work for evidence.

Old May 18th, 2005, 01:03 PM
rm2kdude
Advanced Pixel-Artist

Wow Im switching my game to Rmxp from what I see and the tutorials here*ruby coding* my game will kick *** I like your game some maps need work but good luck with it.
Old May 18th, 2005, 01:18 PM
Neo Android
Master Eevee Trainer

Yeps i know the maps need work, but these are still early stages, im also new to rmxp i havve been using it for just over a month now. I am going to get better and im gonna finish this game! Thanks for all your comments there all noted. No one has said about the ekans hiding in the flowers and the lapras, also they are full moving and you here the pokemon crys from now and then, like in the pokemon games for the GBA.

Old May 18th, 2005, 02:17 PM
Jeff_PKLight
RMXP User

Nature: Adamant
Great story! Just follow Peekimon's criticism noted above ^.
Btw, the pokedex looks awesome! The reason why I didn't use the script for the pokedex (in my game), was because when you meet a trainer, that pokemon will be added to the pokedex as well.... but I don't know about yours. :\

Anyways, good luck! (still using a CBS you PMed about?)

~Jeff

~The River~

Current project

Pokemon Light Progress:

Light is starting over! I'll update this once I progress more in Light again.

:: Pokemon Light Links ::
:: Site :: :: Forums :: :: Thread ::
Old May 18th, 2005, 02:29 PM
Neo Android
Master Eevee Trainer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff_PKLight
Great story! Just follow Peekimon's criticism noted above ^.
Btw, the pokedex looks awesome! The reason why I didn't use the script for the pokedex (in my game), was because when you meet a trainer, that pokemon will be added to the pokedex as well.... but I don't know about yours. :\

Anyways, good luck! (still using a CBS you PMed about?)

~Jeff
The catching system i havent tried, you didnt send me the cbs?? I a will follow his critcism! Im not to sure i think i will have to test that, but me and budsie buds are trying to change it so it acts more like a pokedex.

Any spriters or scripters want to help please show me your work first!

Old May 18th, 2005, 02:58 PM
Peekimon
Me = cat-aholic, Meowr

I just noticed 2 layer errors [ Image in attachment]
1- The Circular bushes are overlapping the rightmost tree
2- There is black stuff on the edges of the water
Attached Images
File Type: gif g_errors.gif‎ (37.8 KB, 22 views) (Save to Dropbox)
Old May 18th, 2005, 03:08 PM
Deto-Nate
Kiphacks is Back!

Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Deto-Nate
I like your game, it different. Its cool because it aint an exact clone of every other pokemon game, it has originality. Keep up the good work and i will await the finished or improved result.

~Originally came into the Pokemon scene as a 'Rom Hacker' by the name 'Kiphacks', a few years back. I was one of the best 'Gold/Silver' hackers out there, but now im into 'RMXP'.
Old May 18th, 2005, 07:39 PM
rm2kdude
Advanced Pixel-Artist

the screens are awesome but um how do you save scripts in the script editor is there a buton you press.
Old May 19th, 2005, 04:12 AM
Sorye HK
Looking around here and there

Nature: Adamant
I thought that the windowskin was a bit dark compared to the tiles. That's pretty much it. Nice start, and good luck!
Old May 19th, 2005, 06:55 AM
Neo Android
Master Eevee Trainer

These are some new screenies and some screens of the problems i fixed with help from peeki.

So new screens:

Rival Home, downstairs in the sea vine house.....

Inside Relaxation house

Some Fixed Screens:

New Boy or Girl screen, small screenshot for some reason??

In this screenshot, i fixed the bushes layer problems, fixed the flowers, fixed the water, i also added bigger houses to the map desgin, i think it looks alot better now

- Lone Eevee

Old May 19th, 2005, 07:14 AM
funnybunny
Advanced RM2k(3) Coder

Nice but still the trainer images look squashed. Also some of you charasets are with a filter anti-alias(dunno if spelled correctly), but the chipsets are not. Looks a bit weird.

keep it up.
- RM2k(3) Mapping, example: Ultimatum; Inner War(WIP)
- Drawing.
- Small spriter, example: Tiger Dust Games - forum skin.
- Small Story writing, example: Ultimatum; Inner War(WIP) - story.
Old May 19th, 2005, 07:33 AM
Peekimon
Me = cat-aholic, Meowr

Neatr screens, yet again
Constructive crits:
1st Screenie: Two tables are too much.
2nd: Nice
3rd:Looks Much Better!
Old May 19th, 2005, 07:41 AM
Blizzy
me = Scripter.new("Noob")

nice, maps!
oh, and you should add me to the credits too,
because i made the menu(not esai), you know
anyway, good luck with this project!

Old May 19th, 2005, 07:57 AM
Neo Android
Master Eevee Trainer

Quote:
Originally Posted by -virtual-
nice, maps!
oh, and you should add me to the credits too,
because i made the menu(not esai), you know
anyway, good luck with this project!
Sorry i didnt know, well your add to the credits. And Thanks Lot for telling me

Old May 19th, 2005, 08:13 AM
DarkPegasus
~ Stargazer ~

The game looks really nice,but why are the characters so fuzzy?
Old May 19th, 2005, 08:15 AM
Neo Android
Master Eevee Trainer

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkPegasus
The game looks really nice,but why are the characters so fuzzy?
Cause i need a spriter XD. I cant sprite at all, i need a spriter and a scripter. Anyone willing to help.

btw, thanks for the comments.

Old May 19th, 2005, 08:20 AM
DarkPegasus
~ Stargazer ~

Why don't you simply go here:

http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=28501

there you can find anything you need from charsets to music.
Old May 19th, 2005, 09:29 AM
Neo Android
Master Eevee Trainer

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkPegasus
Why don't you simply go here:

http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=28501

there you can find anything you need from charsets to music.
i did but some of the charsets i use i have had to convert from rm2k3 to rmxp, using the converter programme. So that could be why the are fuzzy!

Edit:: New Feature: Friendship Bond (Name subject to change)

This Feature would measure your pokemon strength and the bond you each share.

But i need help to script it, as i cant script!

Last edited by Neo Android; May 19th, 2005 at 09:42 AM.
Old May 19th, 2005, 10:40 AM
Savant

The reason they look fuzzy is because you have a filter enabled on the Resource Convert you're using, disable it and they shouldn't look fuzzy once converted.
Old May 19th, 2005, 11:48 AM
Memories*
Beginning Trainer

Not bad, i wouldn't mind playing another pokemon game lol

The style seems ok not too outstanding, I would however like to see some battle event screenshots, that would probably get me more hyped up.

--Memories* Materia Slots--

My Music Videos:
>Final Fantasy VII -My Immortal-
>Vegeta's Dream -Faint-

Quick Reply

Sponsored Links

Advertise here