Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > The PokéCommunity Archives > Game Development Archive

Notices
For all updates, view the main page.

Game Development Archive Locked games or old games, look for the old games that were in Game Development before November 20, 2005 or were locked before January 19, 2006.

Old June 5th, 2005 (09:07 PM).
BlackCharizard
Black Charizard

Send a message via Yahoo to BlackCharizard
Hey kyle, when u get a chance, could u help me wiht my request? Its in my last post.
Old June 6th, 2005 (07:33 AM).
nickw1101
Beginning Trainer

Request: I need a TOwer...I would liek ti to be a radio tower like place...but it needs to be slender nearly Cylinder likeshape....

If it wouldnt be to much i need a Lightg houise that would be bigenough for someone to walk i nto

thanks GardevoirMaster for the template

Thanks Vicener! And Everyone else that has given me chaos!

Which character are you test by Naruto - Kun.com
Old June 6th, 2005 (09:35 AM).
愛Forgotten Angel愛
~*~Wind Swept~*~

Location: Fields of Paper Flowers and Candy Clouds of Lullaby
Very nice. You are very good at that. I was wondering...if you could make medevil-like buildings. I would like a PokeCenter, a PokeMart, and some houses. It doesn't matter if you don't get to them, though.

~*~Sel
Old June 6th, 2005 (09:45 AM).
Naas02
Cerulean cool trainer

Wow those buildings are amazing great work. I have a request I need a building thats more like a colloseum, like something you would hold league battles in Im thinkin of the colloseum they used in the indigo league from the anime, if thats too big Im sorry.

thanks in advance :D
Old June 6th, 2005 (10:46 AM).
BlackCharizard
Black Charizard

Kyle, Could u also make me a palm tree? thanks in advance!
Old June 6th, 2005 (04:46 PM).
Matt12345678
The Famous N00b

Send a message via AIM to Matt12345678 Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Matt12345678 Send a message via Yahoo to Matt12345678
do you have any of these in RMXP form? Thanks in advance!

Spoiler:
Cna yuo raed tihs? Olny 55% of plepoe can.

I cdnuolt blveiee taht I cluod aulaclty uesdnatnrd waht I was rdanieg. The phaonmneal pweor of the hmuan mnid, aoccdrnig to a rscheearch at Cmabrigde Uinervtisy, it dseno't mtaetr in waht oerdr the ltteres in a wrod are, the olny iproamtnt tihng is taht the frsit and lsat ltteer be in the rghit pclae. The rset can be a taotl mses and you can sitll raed it whotuit a pboerlm. Tihs is bcuseae the huamn mnid deos not raed ervey lteter by istlef, but the wrod as a wlohe.
Azanmig huh? yaeh and I awlyas tghuhot slpeling was ipmorantt!
fi yuo cna raed tihs, palce it in yuor siantugre.
Old June 7th, 2005 (12:03 PM).
mattgcn
.:~PT Staffer #10~:.

Send a message via AIM to mattgcn Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to mattgcn Send a message via Yahoo to mattgcn
Kyle! Can I request some things? A barn, a silo and a picket fence? Maybe some blocks of hay and hay covered wood, but thats optional.
Old June 7th, 2005 (01:47 PM).
Fangking Omega
Acanthite founder

Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Fangking Omega
putting stuff in RMXP is easy. open up a tileset, double the size of the article you're using and stick it in the tileset. Just for your information....

Lotsa requests, whoa... Kyle, not only are you an amazing graphics artist, you are also a very brave man
Old June 7th, 2005 (04:15 PM).
Jayje
The First Maker
Community Supporter

Nature: Relaxed
Send a message via AIM to Jayje Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Jayje Send a message via Yahoo to Jayje
how small do you want it i can resize it for ya if ya want.

Pokemon Emerald TEAM CHALLENGE!!
Old June 7th, 2005 (05:28 PM).
Mooshykris
Donator Tier 5

Can I have a Pokemon Mart/Center like building that can become a bank?
Old June 8th, 2005 (04:13 AM).
RM2K3kid
Insane..

wow I think kyledove has been flooded with requests! Maybe wait until he is done with the first few before requesting more.. Hehe great work kyledove! I see your back in your pokemon-ish mood hehe. Well good look with the requests. Also kyle you might want to restrict the amount of request at one time hehe just an idea. Well cya!

Old June 8th, 2005 (11:33 AM).
Hacker
Beginning Trainer

WOW! i have some ideas: make them rmxp, also make a whole tile set of them! And also make houses/ every building

also, i shall defintly use them

Credit to Shawaazu for gliter text

For Pokemon XP Version 1.0 go Here
If you hadnt noicted i have tooken over pokemon xp, so it is not dead anymore! YAY!!!
Old June 8th, 2005 (12:00 PM).
BlackCharizard
Black Charizard

for RMXP, all you have to do is double the size.
Old June 9th, 2005 (12:00 AM).
RM2K3kid
Insane..

Yeah rm2k tile size is 16 x 16 RMXP is 32 x 32.. so just double the size of the tiles.

Old June 9th, 2005 (12:11 AM).
Kyledove
Drowzee

Added some bank thing, Ill recolour the rest later got a french exam now XD
Old June 9th, 2005 (07:48 PM).
Hikarii
Trainer

Send a message via AIM to Hikarii Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Hikarii Send a message via Yahoo to Hikarii
Though I don't plan on making my own fan-based games, I'd like to say that those buildings and objects you've made are so adorable. XD Keep up the great work! =3

Eeee. <3
Old June 10th, 2005 (04:08 AM).
Ravecat
I'm Right.

Nature: Careful
So, Im guessing I can use them? you'll get full credit and all
Old June 10th, 2005 (05:09 PM).
Matt12345678
The Famous N00b

Send a message via AIM to Matt12345678 Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Matt12345678 Send a message via Yahoo to Matt12345678
when i double the size of the sprites to make them RMXP size myself, the grapfics get messed up.

Spoiler:

I cdnuolt blveiee taht I cluod aulaclty uesdnatnrd waht I was rdanieg. The phaonmneal pweor of the hmuan mnid, aoccdrnig to a rscheearch at Cmabrigde Uinervtisy, it dseno't mtaetr in waht oerdr the ltteres in a wrod are, the olny iproamtnt tihng is taht the frsit and lsat ltteer be in the rghit pclae. The rset can be a taotl mses and you can sitll raed it whotuit a pboerlm. Tihs is bcuseae the huamn mnid deos not raed ervey lteter by istlef, but the wrod as a wlohe.
Old June 10th, 2005 (05:34 PM).
BlackCharizard
Black Charizard

Well, Even if your using paint, I think there's 2 reasons for the graphics getting messed up.
1-Your increasing an image other than a sprite.

2-you aren't EXACTLY doubling it. You might be pulling the corner to expand the size. DONT DO THAT. You can select the image and use stretch/skew. then make it 200% vertical and horizontal.
Old June 10th, 2005 (05:55 PM).
Crystal Clair
Shinji lover

Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Crystal Clair
Wait a sec! Kyledove-sama, the God of Sprites has a new thread on PokeCommunity?
Oh my gods! *bows*
Salutations, the one and only Kyledove-sama. I have been a forever admire of your spriting and will one day be a spriter in your quality. Your houses have brought inner peace to the chaotic world of spriting. I feel like a nuisance when I look at your spriting. I am honored to post at a thread that you started. Your spriting is undescribible in words. Nintendo and I put together could never sprite as you do.
*bows again, lower*
I wish you could show me your miraculous secrets and your majestic ways of the making of your wonderful pixels.
That will be all. *bows*
Old June 11th, 2005 (06:33 AM).
Matt12345678
The Famous N00b

Quote:
2-you aren't EXACTLY doubling it. You might be pulling the corner to expand the size. DONT DO THAT. You can select the image and use stretch/skew. then make it 200% vertical and horizontal.
THat's wut i was doing.....thank you SO MUCH!

Spoiler:

Old June 11th, 2005 (07:02 AM).
Matt12345678
The Famous N00b

Here is my updated tileset. Kyledove's PkCenters/Marts are on the very bottom. However, they don't line up correctly. Can someone please fix it?
Thanks in advance.
Attached Images
File Type: png completejohto3hnextrastuffadded.png‎ (496.4 KB, 37 views) (Save to Dropbox)

Spoiler:

Old June 11th, 2005 (07:14 AM).
Kyledove
Drowzee

Quote originally posted by Crystal Clair:
Wait a sec! Kyledove-sama, the God of Sprites has a new thread on PokeCommunity?
Oh my gods! *bows*
Salutations, the one and only Kyledove-sama. I have been a forever admire of your spriting and will one day be a spriter in your quality. Your houses have brought inner peace to the chaotic world of spriting. I feel like a nuisance when I look at your spriting. I am honored to post at a thread that you started. Your spriting is undescribible in words. Nintendo and I put together could never sprite as you do.
*bows again, lower*
I wish you could show me your miraculous secrets and your majestic ways of the making of your wonderful pixels.
That will be all. *bows*
Woah seriously? I feel SO flattered XD Im not a god of sprites!!! XDDD
Ive never noticed you before-sorry =\ but Im happy to know someone likes me work so much XD I wish I could help you to become a better sprite and share my "secrets" but I dont really have any XD Its all just practise and practise I guess ;

and Matt, its cos you left a gap between the buildings.
Old June 11th, 2005 (07:19 AM).
Matt12345678
The Famous N00b

Quote originally posted by Kyledove:
Ive never noticed you before-sorry =\ but Im happy to know someone likes me work so much XD I wish I could help you to become a better sprite and share my "secrets" but I dont really have any XD Its all just practise and practise I guess ;

and Matt, its cos you left a gap between the buildings.
i know......i'm good at graphics, but i stink when it comes to lining stuff up........
EDIT: Kyledove, did u get my PM?

Spoiler:

Old June 11th, 2005 (08:45 AM).
Crystal Clair
Shinji lover

Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Crystal Clair
Quote:
You are the God of Sprites in MY religion. I have my own sprite thread right here on the community and if you can find it, would you post there and rate em?
I honestly thought you would never come back again since you dont post too much. I really keep track of when you come on because, well let's say if there were a spriting school, you'd be the principal XD I actually save your sprites on my computer, study your techniques and try to use em on my art.
*bows*
Actually we've met before, only on Serebii and I was under another username. And I only posted that username at certain threads...

Quick Reply

Sponsored Links