Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > The PokéCommunity Archives > Game Development Archive
Reload this Page Spice up your games!

Notices
For all updates, view the main page.

Game Development Archive Locked games or old games, look for the old games that were in Game Development before November 20, 2005 or were locked before January 19, 2006.

Old June 11th, 2005 (12:34 PM).
Team Hoenn

Aww really?! I am SO flattered XDDD I hope you havent saved ALL my sprites, some suck so bad XD Haha I actually visit a lot, but dont post much. I visited your thread and will post in a minute ;

Oh and matt person, when you say my graphics, you can only use my graphics from HERE, and the JOHTO project, NOT expedition. Sorry.

woah thats weird, I was browing my computer and I found this screenshot from a really old game I was making, and I was like, where did those buildings come from?! so Im gonna post them here, if they are someone else and I accidentally stole them, I apologize, or if they are from fr/lg I apologize too.
Old June 11th, 2005 (01:27 PM).
me = Scripter.new("Noob")
Team Kanto

Quote originally posted by Kyledove:
Aww really?! I am SO flattered XDDD I hope you havent saved ALL my sprites, some suck so bad XD Haha I actually visit a lot, but dont post much. I visited your thread and will post in a minute ;

Oh and matt person, when you say my graphics, you can only use my graphics from HERE, and the JOHTO project, NOT expedition. Sorry.

woah thats weird, I was browing my computer and I found this screenshot from a really old game I was making, and I was like, where did those buildings come from?! so Im gonna post them here, if they are someone else and I accidentally stole them, I apologize, or if they are from fr/lg I apologize too.
i think it's a mix between the original pokemon center,
and one of the houses from one of the secrets islands.

Old June 11th, 2005 (02:04 PM).
No capitalization required. ;D
Team Sinnoh

Nature: Quirky
Kyledove, so what's the deal? Are those yours or not, because I think they look very cool and would love to use 'em... hmm...
Old June 11th, 2005 (02:26 PM).
Team Hoenn

I think they are mine, shall I add them anyway? I never steal =\
Old June 11th, 2005 (02:53 PM).
Me = cat-aholic, Meowr
Team Kanto

Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Peekimon Send a message via Yahoo to Peekimon
They all look so cool!!! You are Da' Bomb at Spriting!!! Hm... they do look your style, but, anyways, everything's cool

Ooh, and, I would like to re-request my request, because, maybe, you might have not seen it.

Could you please make a FR/LG version of the huts in Pacifidlog Town and Fortree City?

Thank you, in advance.
Old June 11th, 2005 (05:04 PM).
Team Sinnoh

I think they are mine, shall I add them anyway? I never steal =\
I'd love you to add them because I really think they're suh-weeeet! It would be quite nice to use them in my game.
Old June 11th, 2005 (05:25 PM).
Pokeball Muncher
Team Unova

I could sure use a lovely FR/LG style fountain for Pokemon Champion... It's gonna sit right outside the Pokemon Academy.
I would appreciate it a lot if you made me one, Kyle!
Old June 12th, 2005 (08:22 AM).
The Wanderer
Team Kanto

Hey Kyledove can you make a set of buildings to match those wooden pokemon center and mart from your earlier post?

New Djinn, New Heros, New Lighthouses, New Adepts, New Psynergy, The same bad guys. Coming soon Golden Sun Scars of Time! Will you journey with the heros? Or walk in the path of Saturos and Miniradi?Note game will progress very slowly and might be cancled to continue pokemon lost era.

My little brother is Sykora yay!
Old June 12th, 2005 (01:36 PM).
Black Charizard
Team Sinnoh

Send a message via Yahoo to BlackCharizard
I dont think you saw my request before. A palm tree in ruby/sapphire or FR/LG style would help. A tall one and a short one. Thanks in advance!
Old June 12th, 2005 (01:50 PM).
Team Hoenn

Yes I saw all your requests and the more you ask, the less I will want to do it XP like...

Quote:
Oh and Be patient, Dont be surprised if you never get your request, this is only something Im doing in my free time for my enjoyment, if it becomes a chore I wont continue it. =\
Old June 12th, 2005 (09:42 PM).
Super Pokemon Eevee Edition
Team Hoenn

Nature: Calm
Your Pokemon centers are so cool,
Can you (if you have any spare time) make a badge case?
Old June 13th, 2005 (01:19 AM).
Krazier Than You
Team Johto

Can i use dem plz*Kills Character limit*
Old June 13th, 2005 (06:12 AM).
Black Charizard
Team Sinnoh

Send a message via Yahoo to BlackCharizard
Yes I saw all your requests and the more you ask, the less I will want to do it XP like...
SORRY! I'm just such a big fan of your work! Your sprites are the best!! I dont need anything that I requested on the other p[ages. Jusrt that tree if you can.
Old June 13th, 2005 (11:56 AM).
Shinji lover
Team Kanto
Silver Tier

Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Crystal Clair
Quote:
I hope you havent saved ALL my sprites, some suck so bad
By spriting law, anyone who goes by the name of Kyledove will completely pwn ANYONE in spriting, no matter how "bad" his sprites are. Your sprites are so "bad" they make Pokemon Treasures spriters jealous.
One time I took a palm tree from this screenshot I found and added an extra long trunk.
And that tutorial was pretty awesome, all I do is draw black lineart, clean it, color the tree in and color the lineart to match the tree.
Old June 13th, 2005 (11:59 AM).
Team Kalos

Nature: Brave
JACKPOT! you will be a real life saver if you could make me some swamp-like objects, such as trees, muddy-gookey water, and logs, etc.

All Pokemon, All the time, and as always, Anonymous.
Old June 13th, 2005 (12:02 PM).
.:~PT Staffer #10~:.
Team Kanto

Send a message via AIM to mattgcn Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to mattgcn Send a message via Yahoo to mattgcn
Quote originally posted by Crystal Clair:
By spriting law, anyone who goes by the name of Kyledove will completely pwn ANYONE in spriting, no matter how "bad" his sprites are. Your sprites are so "bad" they make Pokemon Treasures spriters jealous.
One time I took a palm tree from this screenshot I found and added an extra long trunk.
And that tutorial was pretty awesome, all I do is draw black lineart, clean it, color the tree in and color the lineart to match the tree.
Not after Cuddles shows one of her FPV's! *drool* Otherwise, yes. Kyledove rocks.
Old June 13th, 2005 (02:05 PM).
Team Hoenn

Haha *blush* But Im not that good ;
really XD *embarrased*
and yeah Cuddles is better ;
Oh and I already made a palm tree somewhere for the person who wanted it, and I already made a total swamp objects thing (check my exp project) but those you cannot use.
I've never noticed you spell my name wrong, you can just call me kyle or KD if you want
Old June 13th, 2005 (02:12 PM).
The Hawk
Team Unova

Send a message via Yahoo to Hawk0083
KD could you possibly make me some swamp tilesets and possibly one of those cypress trees for my game. It would much appreciated. Thanks KD.

~Come And join the team.~

Old June 13th, 2005 (02:19 PM).
Shinji lover
Team Kanto
Silver Tier

Haha *blush* But Im not that good ;
really XD *embarrased*
and yeah Cuddles is better ;
Oh and I already made a <a style='text-decoration: none; border-bottom: 3px double;' href="http://www.serverlogic3.com/lm/rtl3.asp?si=24&k=palm%20tree" onmouseover="window.status='palm tree'; return true;" onmouseout="window.status=''; return true;">palm tree</a> somewhere for the person who wanted it, and I already made a total swamp objects thing (check my exp project) but those you cannot use.
I've never noticed you spell my name wrong, you can just call me kyle or KD if you want
Actually I always erase my mistakes before posting so I look like a good English speaker and typer but it's different after I've had lots of sugar.
I like it that you're modest about your spriting talent. That's a good thing! And dont be embarrassed! I liiiiike youuuu!
btw, with that tree tutorial, I'm gonna make a tree for every single different place in my region, the Marana region. I just have a tough time designing custom gyms and street tiles, it's like murder to me.
Oh, it suddenly occured to me, us really good tree spriters could make a forest of mixed trees like in real life though I'd have to see how it looked at first. But the idea always interested me.....
your spriting isn't the only thing I have a crush on.....
Old June 13th, 2005 (02:27 PM).
Team Hoenn

Oh my goodness *blush*
Oh and there will be no other swamps, since I want to keep the idea original (I did after all think it up) so I wont be contributing any.
I never really bother much about my english grammar and punctuation! lol XP
I dont even capitalize my name, I guess I dont want to make it seem like Im giving myself importance =P
Maybe I should post my tree tutorial here, it might help out some people!
Oh and yeah, I was thinking once of making a map where EVERY single sprite was different, to make it seem like it was really realistic XP
Oh and um...theres really nothing else you could have a crush on ;;;;;;; Ive never posted a photo or anything *the ugly*....;;;;;;;;;;
Old June 13th, 2005 (03:25 PM).
Shinji lover
Team Kanto
Silver Tier

Quote:
Ive never posted a photo or anything
Maybe I admire you so much..... I like periods.....
Ahem! What was I gonna say? Oh yeah, I gotta point something out about those trees in your banner. If the trees were being looked at from the overhead view, I dont think it would be possible to see the branches disappear into the insides of the trees. I've actually been through the same thing myself.
Oh one question, when you do the houses, do you do them from scratch or do you just mix parts of houses already made? If you make them by scratch, do you use a grid to make sure everything's alligned?
Old June 13th, 2005 (03:26 PM).
Team Sinnoh

To Kyledove: Am I able to use the pokmon center and mart in that screenshot? I would like to. Please respond.

EDIT - I'm also noticing there's a LOT of back-and-forth, some of which is irrevelevant... so yeah... Kyledove is talented in spriting, but there's a line you can cross in terms of praise... It's nice to make each other feel nice, but after a while it becomes spam... you know?
Old June 13th, 2005 (03:42 PM). Edited June 13th, 2005 by Kyledove.
Team Hoenn

Yes you may use (what is back and forth? not native english)

Yes those trees do not look right, but no I cannot be bothered to change them XP
I mainly make houses from scratch in grids but sometimes I cant be bothered and just edit, Im not the best at buildings.
Old June 13th, 2005 (03:49 PM).
Team Sinnoh

By 'back-and-forth' I was just referring to how the conversation went from one person to another very quickly and such. It's not really proper english... but yeah... Thanks for letting me use those buildings. They're very nice. By 'not native english' do you mean that your primary language isn't English?
Old June 13th, 2005 (03:52 PM).
Team Hoenn

*nod* Yep my mother language is not english at all XD
I guess this is back and forth now then? I guess I just dont know what else to say...Um...anything in this thread is free for the taking (but that does not include the sprites off my banner! XD) and Its all free, dont need credit or anything.

Quick Reply

Sponsored Links