The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > The PokéCommunity Archives > Game Development Archive

Notices

Game Development Archive Locked games or old games, look for the old games that were in Game Development before November 20, 2005 or were locked before January 19, 2006.

Old Posted June 7th, 2005 (07:31 PM).
Homsar_225
A Song From the Sixties

Yeah, so... I'm designing a video game for a PC, but the problem is, I don't know where I can find software to create the game, or even if such a thing exsists. You see, I'm accustomed to making games for the PS2, and I just want to make a game for the computer, but I can't find the software. If anyone has any suggestions on what to use, I'd be very grateful.

PS: If this topic is in the wrong section, I apologize. I just felt is would be most justifiable to put this topic in this thread.

-Coach Z
homestarrunner.com

"We're in for a long struggle, and I think Texans understand that. And so do Americans."
-George W. Bush
President of the United States
Old Posted June 7th, 2005 (10:32 PM).
BlackCharizard
Black Charizard

Send a message via Yahoo to BlackCharizard
Yeah, this is the wrong place for this.
Old Posted June 7th, 2005 (10:36 PM).
Dawson
The Rebirth Is Upon Us

I'll just move this to the main Game Dev area, this area is just for posting tutorials. I wont lock it because I don't think we've ever had a topic like this before, it'll give people a chance to list the programs that they know about.

*Moved*
Old Posted June 8th, 2005 (07:23 AM).
Ninja Tree
I turn 1 everyday

Verge
Sphere
ika

These are the best. Don't use the RPGMaker crap.
Old Posted June 8th, 2005 (07:49 AM).
Sceptile_Master
Trainer

Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Sceptile_Master
Don't listen those aren't exactly the best makers if you can't do a coding language. RPG maker is the best for use when you start.
Old Posted June 8th, 2005 (07:53 AM).
Ninja Tree
I turn 1 everyday

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sceptile_Master
Don't listen those aren't exactly the best makers if you can't do a coding language. RPG maker is the best for use when you start.
Don't listen to him. If you use Verge ika or Sphere you can make a better game. RPGMaker is really limited and takes a long time to do stuff. Just look at Booda's game, it was made in Sphere and is the best fan game so far. And the Pokemon MMORPG is made in C++.
Old Posted June 8th, 2005 (08:02 AM).
Sceptile_Master
Trainer

Yes but not everyone can do that.
Old Posted June 8th, 2005 (08:07 AM).
Dawson
The Rebirth Is Upon Us

I think he's looking for something a little more advanced than that, or did I get that wrong? He did say that he was more accustomed to making PS2 games so, meh.
Old Posted June 8th, 2005 (08:14 AM).
Ninja Tree
I turn 1 everyday

Well theres GameMaker...but its crappy. Then last there are programming languages. The fastest for games would be FreeBASIC. Most inovative would be C++(or C). There aren't that many game making programs.
Old Posted June 8th, 2005 (08:57 AM).
Sceptile_Master
Trainer

Right then if you are looking more advanced then one of those although RPG maker XP could suit needs of those people too although for some reason if I knew coding I'd use sphere over RMXP. For some reason I never took a huge liking to rmxp.

Quick Reply

Sponsored Links