Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > The PokéCommunity Archives > Game Development Archive
Reload this Page Pokemon Garnet/Turquoise Advanced!

Notices
For all updates, view the main page.

Game Development Archive Locked games or old games, look for the old games that were in Game Development before November 20, 2005 or were locked before January 19, 2006.

View Poll Results: What do you think?
Perfect 3 16.67%
Great 8 44.44%
Good 4 22.22%
Bad 2 11.11%
Terrible 1 5.56%
Voters: 18. You may not vote on this poll

Old June 13th, 2005 (09:55 PM).
Crystal Tier

Before you criticize... look at a full screen... the inside of Turtle fountian will amaze you.
Old June 13th, 2005 (10:02 PM).
Whannell's hot.

Nature: Adamant
Send a message via AIM to nicoleb Send a message via Skype™ to nicoleb
Quote originally posted by blueguy:
If I'll be honest, your title screens are really ugly. The fonts you chose are unappealing to the eye and so are the shades they were wrote in. It's hard to look at without blinking.

Your second screen is nice, but it looks like the map is more under construction than the bank. You need to add more to it, or else it looks barren and deserted.

The 'Choose Your Gender' screens are fine, excluding the font you choose. It's not very solid, so it's difficult to read, and the color red conflicts with the yellow greatly.

Sorry if I was very critical... It's just the mood I'm in today. And it's better to list things to improve than to heedlessly praise you. My criticism is a sign that I enjoy your work and your game and wish to help you sharpen it.

Au revoir.
The tittle screne isn't ugly, blueguy. It may look a little weird because Chris had to font the size way up to match the regular shape. The shadows there were small to start with, and he increasted their size greatly. As well as the background. Still. Thanks for your oppinoin.

* Married to Jeremy.
* "In love" with Leigh Whannell and Costas Mandylor. <3
* でも、ボクはこのヤロウがキライんだ。あいつはボクに恐喝(きょうかつ)しようとしたから。
Old June 14th, 2005 (12:31 AM).
Sphere Master

Quote:
The tittle screne isn't ugly, blueguy.
You can't tell people what they find ugly or not and I agree with Blueguy the Title IS ugly.
Some of the screens look ok but nothing that impressive.
Sorry for the criticism but it doesn't look like you put much effort into this so you can't expect major praise.
Old June 14th, 2005 (02:14 AM).
Crystal Tier

Quote originally posted by Booda Sack:
You can't tell people what they find ugly or not and I agree with Blueguy the Title IS ugly.
Some of the screens look ok but nothing that impressive.
Sorry for the criticism but it doesn't look like you put much effort into this so you can't expect major praise.
You know, maybe I should quit! If everybody thinks I don't put any effort into this.
Old June 14th, 2005 (02:17 PM).
No capitalization required. ;D

Nature: Quirky
OMG... listen, Mooshykris... this is getting out of hand. You did put effort into this. And by 'everybody' I believe you're being far too ambiguous. In fact it was only Booda who said that, and he said and I quote "put much" not "put no" effort. You really can't be so sensitive. Everything said was valid and acceptable and there is no reason you shouldn't acknowledge it.

To nicoleb: As Booda has stated before me, my opinion is my own and no one else's, so if I find it unattractive that is what it will appear through my eyes. You can't devalue my opinion just because you think yours is worth more. It's a little thing I like to call 'freedom of speech', meaning I am allowed to express my point of view, whether you like it or not.

Now seriously, people, this is getting to the point of spam. From now on shall we talk about Mooshykris's game rather than how bad Mooshykris's feelings have been hurt. This thread's purpose is to discuss the game itself, not necessarily its creator.

There.

I'm done.

Old June 14th, 2005 (02:21 PM).
The Wanderer

Right On! Mabyee you should get a mapper btw. And if anyone bothers you sue em lol!

New Djinn, New Heros, New Lighthouses, New Adepts, New Psynergy, The same bad guys. Coming soon Golden Sun Scars of Time! Will you journey with the heros? Or walk in the path of Saturos and Miniradi?Note game will progress very slowly and might be cancled to continue pokemon lost era.

My little brother is Sykora yay!
Old June 14th, 2005 (03:19 PM).
Whannell's hot.

Quote:
To nicoleb: As Booda has stated before me, my opinion is my own and no one else's, so if I find it unattractive that is what it will appear through my eyes. You can't devalue my opinion just because you think yours is worth more. It's a little thing I like to call 'freedom of speech', meaning I am allowed to express my point of view, whether you like it or not.
I think you're the one over-exaggerating there, Blueguy. I never said that your oppion didn't matter. And I certainly never said that mine counted more. I was standing up for my friend.

And in case you didn't know, Booda Sack, programing isn't just putting sprites all over the place, in the right place, screwing with them to make them look good, etc.. The program Chris is using will not allow certain things. If they have too many pixles, or too big, or too many things, too many prgrams, and so on. And maybe you should look at the top poll. 2 perfect, 3 great, and 2 good. See any in bad or terrible? So why don't you have a go at it before you start saying that he put no effort in it, hm?

And, Chris. Blueguy was right about saying that not everyone was bashing you. Just Booda Sack and Neo Genesis. They are intittled to their own oppions, however stupidly Booba Sack put it by saying "you put no effort into that!" without even giving a proper reason.

I doubt that this one would fit. It has way too much stuff on it. But I want to post it, anyway:

* Married to Jeremy.
Old June 14th, 2005 (03:28 PM).
Me = cat-aholic, Meowr

Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Peekimon Send a message via Yahoo to Peekimon
Nice title screen you got there! The silhouettes in the background make it so... curious! Keep up the great work !

Ooh, in the intro, the girl sprite, I think the shading isn't too well, but, it's great ! :D
Old June 14th, 2005 (03:38 PM).
The Wanderer

If me and Booda were bashing him he would have recieved tons of pms and emails giving him our "opinions". And use inproper language too.

New Djinn, New Heros, New Lighthouses, New Adepts, New Psynergy, The same bad guys. Coming soon Golden Sun Scars of Time! Will you journey with the heros? Or walk in the path of Saturos and Miniradi?Note game will progress very slowly and might be cancled to continue pokemon lost era.

Old June 14th, 2005 (03:56 PM).
Crystal Tier

Quote originally posted by Peekimon:
Nice title screen you got there! The silhouettes in the background make it so... curious! Keep up the great work !

Ooh, in the intro, the girl sprite, I think the shading isn't too well, but, it's great ! :D
Mine or Nicoleb's? Probly nuicoleb's.
Old June 14th, 2005 (04:05 PM).
Me = cat-aholic, Meowr

Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Peekimon Send a message via Yahoo to Peekimon
I meant, nicoleb's one. I couldn't see yours, tho :\
Old June 14th, 2005 (07:33 PM).
Whannell's hot.

Quote originally posted by Mooshykris:
Probly nicoleb's.
Thanks very much, Chris.

* Married to Jeremy.
Old June 14th, 2005 (07:51 PM).
Crystal Tier

Quote originally posted by nicoleb:
Thanks very much, Chris.
*sigh* I meant that they think your sprite is better than the one that I tried to adapt to be animated.

Anyway, here are some samples of my edited music:

Look here: http://geocities.com/mooshykris/Music/
Old June 14th, 2005 (07:54 PM).
The Wanderer

wow........I love them! by any chance may I use them In my game? Ill give you credit.

Old June 14th, 2005 (07:58 PM).
Crystal Tier

Quote originally posted by Neo Genesis:
wow........I love them! by any chance may I use them In my game? Ill give you credit.
Which ones?

For anyone who would like to know, editing music is my talent.
Old June 14th, 2005 (08:04 PM).
The Wanderer

I like evil legend alot and kinda Battle_With_Tentacre ,Gym_Leader_Chris_Eco, Monster_Battle, Rival_Battle.mid ,Team_Pavvailion_Grun is that okay with you?

Old June 14th, 2005 (08:07 PM).
Crystal Tier

Quote originally posted by Neo Genesis:
I like evil legend alot and kinda Battle_With_Tentacre ,Gym_Leader_Chris_Eco, Monster_Battle, Rival_Battle.mid ,Team_Pavvailion_Grun is that okay with you?
Ok, I guess. But give full credit! (I'll gladly become a music editor for you)

Edit: WHO VOTED MY GAME AS TERRIBLE!?!!!
Old June 14th, 2005 (08:13 PM).
The Wanderer

honestly I dont know I already have alot of midis. How about I just ask you if I need them. Maybe you could make my music in my next game.

Old June 14th, 2005 (09:08 PM).
Super Pokemon Eevee Edition

Nature: Calm
Ok the first 2 title screens looked well...Creepy......
but i like the title screen nicole : it was simple and had good font and colour
well goodluck
Old June 14th, 2005 (11:09 PM).
Sphere Master

That title screen looks much better.

Quote:
And in case you didn't know, Booda Sack, programing isn't just putting sprites all over the place, in the right place, screwing with them to make them look good, etc.. The program Chris is using will not allow certain things. If they have too many pixles, or too big, or too many things, too many prgrams, and so on. And maybe you should look at the top poll. 2 perfect, 3 great, and 2 good. See any in bad or terrible? So why don't you have a go at it before you start saying that he put no effort in it, hm?
What the hell is that supposed to mean?
I've been programming my own pokemon game for the past two years.

Wow,you got 7 good votes and you think your game is excellent.Far from it.
Those two perfect votes were probably the two guys who are making this.

I never said you didn't put any effort into it.
Old June 15th, 2005 (07:34 AM).
Prepare....for the 4th Gen.

Send a message via AIM to Usohachii_Pot Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Usohachii_Pot
Me likes! Can I be a bug-type gym leader? My name's Richard.
I'd like a Scyther, a Heracross and a new bug-type that you make up.

Prepare....for the 4th Generation.
Shinou, we're coming!
Future D/P team:
Perrappu (or its evolution if it has one), Lucario, Gengar, grass starter, Alakazam, Golem.
Old June 15th, 2005 (02:19 PM).
Whannell's hot.

Quote:
That title screen looks much better.

What the hell is that supposed to mean?
I've been programming my own pokemon game for the past two years.

Wow,you got 7 good votes and you think your game is excellent.Far from it.
Those two perfect votes were probably the two guys who are making this.

I never said you didn't put any effort into it.
Okay, okay, sorry.

Quote:
Me likes! Can I be a bug-type gym leader? My name's Richard.
I'd like a Scyther, a Heracross and a new bug-type that you make up.
Welcome, Richard! (I can't make you a bug trainer, though. Not my game. Chris might, though. ^_<)

Quote:
*sigh* I meant that they think your sprite is better than the one that I tried to adapt to be animated.

Anyway, here are some samples of my edited music:

Look here: http://geocities.com/mooshykris/Music/
Sorry, Chris. Great music! Yes! You're very good at it. But about the "terrable vote". You put that in, so I guess people can vote that if they want to. But a lot of people here know the game is good, so don't worry about it.

Thanks about the tittle screen, guys. But Chris said it might not work. I couldn't make it full-size, either. Even though I saved it as a PNG. If I'd saved it as a JPG or TIF, it would have hurt the quolaty. And no one hurts my tittle screens!!! XD

* Married to Jeremy.
Old June 15th, 2005 (04:55 PM).
RMXP User

Wow... what's all the commotion about here? :/
The title screen looks great! Nothing wrong I can see.

Keep up the good work!

~The River~

Current project

Pokemon Light Progress:

Light is starting over! I'll update this once I progress more in Light again.

:: Pokemon Light Links ::
:: Site :: :: Forums :: :: Thread ::
Old June 15th, 2005 (05:27 PM).
Silver Tier

Nature: Quirky
The game looks pretty good, and I like nicoleb's title screen, but ou could randomize where things are in your maps, to make it more Pokmon like.
Old June 16th, 2005 (10:06 AM).
Crystal Tier

Ok, have it your way, I won't try making an animated title or intro (before title)!

Look, I'm taking this so personally because look at my user profile! I have 6-7 threads that have failed here!

And as I said before, my talent is editing music, not scripting and spriting! I am struggling to make it as it is! But, I'm doing it... because I like to do that kind of stuff. I've wanted to make a fangame since was 8!

So, I began making it. Then I saw this forum and decided to make it public, I hoped to impress someone.... Like Jeff PK_Light, Peekimon, -virtual- Darkmage 31, blueguy, BlackCharizard, ect did.

But... I've failed.............

I can't do this anymore, If this cannot be fixed.... Then I will quit.....

Daegon and, or Dawson please check out these problems.... Tell me what you think..... If this keeps up..... I'm leaving.......

I had hoped that this wouldn't happen in this thread...

Quick Reply

Sponsored Links