Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > The PokéCommunity Archives > Game Development Archive

Notices
For all updates, view the main page.

Game Development Archive Locked games or old games, look for the old games that were in Game Development before November 20, 2005 or were locked before January 19, 2006.

View Poll Results: What do you think?
Perfect 3 16.67%
Great 8 44.44%
Good 4 22.22%
Bad 2 11.11%
Terrible 1 5.56%
Voters: 18. You may not vote on this poll

Old June 16th, 2005 (10:20 AM).
Datriot
Tachikama!!!

Nature: Sassy
Your screens are awsome! I hope you do well with this hack, I can't wait for a demo! If you need any help, just ask!

Datra: 1804 8720 6653
Old June 16th, 2005 (10:38 AM).
Mooshykris
Donator Tier 5

Quote originally posted by datriot:
Your screens are awsome! I hope you do well with this hack, I can't wait for a demo! If you need any help, just ask!
It's not a hack.... Where did you hear that?
Old June 16th, 2005 (11:12 AM).
Jeff_PKLight
RMXP User

Nature: Adamant
Come on Mooshykris, don't give up. The game is still in the early stages. Like mine back then, it wasn't that good as well. Just keep working at it and later you'll see how much you'll progress.

~The River~

Current project

Pokemon Light Progress:

Light is starting over! I'll update this once I progress more in Light again.

:: Pokemon Light Links ::
:: Site :: :: Forums :: :: Thread ::
Old June 16th, 2005 (11:54 AM).
Dawson
The Rebirth Is Upon Us

Making a fan game is supposed to be for fun. We all do it because we are interested in it but, most importantly, because we enjoy making games. If you're enjoying what you're doing, where's the problem? None of us started out being good at what we do. It takes time, practise and patience. It just takes some people a bit longer than others to find their fort.

If you look back at each of your game threads, you can see that you have improved each time with what you're doing. Getting down because you feel that you haven't made as big an impact as you would've liked isn't going to get you anywhere. And if you look back through this thread, you'll see that you received a lot of good, positive feedback from your game.

All you have to do is keep working at it, keep learning new stuff and new techniques and, most importantly, make sure you're having fun.
Old June 16th, 2005 (12:02 PM).
Mooshykris
Donator Tier 5

Quote originally posted by Dawson:
Making a fan game is supposed to be for fun. We all do it because we are interested in it but, most importantly, because we enjoy making games. If you're enjoying what you're doing, where's the problem? None of us started out being good at what we do. It takes time, practise and patience. It just takes some people a bit longer than others to find their fort.

If you look back at each of your game threads, you can see that you have improved each time with what you're doing. Getting down because you feel that you haven't made as big an impact as you would've liked isn't going to get you anywhere. And if you look back through this thread, you'll see that you received a lot of good, positive feedback from your game.

All you have to do is keep working at it, keep learning new stuff and new techniques and, most importantly, make sure you're having fun.

Ok then, I just wish I could somehow wipe these posts and start with just my first post.

Edit: Also, I'm just sad that I didn't get a big start like Jeff or Virtual did.
Old June 16th, 2005 (12:04 PM).
Dawson
The Rebirth Is Upon Us

Well, that can't be done. Unless everybody who's posted here manually deletes their posts for you, but I don't really see that happening.

I'm glad that you've changed your mind. Just keep going and keep trying and you'll be where you want to be soon enough.
Old June 16th, 2005 (12:16 PM).
Jeff_PKLight
RMXP User

XD I actually didn't get a big start. I posted on BSP Forums at a very early stage (no screenshots), and when I was ready, I posted here.

Now back onto the topic I guess...

~The River~

Current project

Pokemon Light Progress:

Light is starting over! I'll update this once I progress more in Light again.

:: Pokemon Light Links ::
:: Site :: :: Forums :: :: Thread ::
Old June 16th, 2005 (02:31 PM).
blueguy
No capitalization required. ;D

Nature: Quirky
Um... Mooshykris... if G/T is over and dead then bury it, don't prop its rotting cadaver in your signature and avatar... If you're looking for pity or sympathy, which you undoubtedly are, you won't get it from me. No one wants to see that huge picture with the scribbles on it. Come on.

You are totally fishing for complements and its fairly revolting.

EDIT - Oh... I see you're starting again. Perhaps you should remove that picture from your signature and change your avatar.

Good luck in the future, but please try and get a thicker skin towards criticism.
Old June 16th, 2005 (06:25 PM).
Krazy_Meerkat
Rawr!

Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Krazy_Meerkat
I agree with blueguy. But also a lot of other people, I never made a game to impress anyone but myself
If you don't want to continue then don't. Nobody wants to hear someone whine about how their game is not good.
Quote originally posted by Mooshykris:
Ok, have it your way, I won't try making an animated title or intro (before title)!
I don't get it..?

Nicole, perhaps you should get the facts right before you start telling people how to program.

You must edit it to meet the limits set by the rules before you may remove the [sig-reason] code from your signature. Removing this tag will re-enable it.

Do not remove the tag until you fix the issues in your signature. You may be infracted for removing this tag if you do not fix the specified issues. Do not use this tag for decoration purposes.
Old June 16th, 2005 (06:32 PM).
Peekimon
Me = cat-aholic, Meowr

Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Peekimon Send a message via Yahoo to Peekimon
Quote:
And as I said before, my talent is editing music, not scripting and spriting! I am struggling to make it as it is! But, I'm doing it... because I like to do that kind of stuff. I've wanted to make a fangame since was 8!

So, I began making it. Then I saw this forum and decided to make it public, I hoped to impress someone.... Like Jeff PK_Light, Peekimon, -virtual- Darkmage 31, blueguy, BlackCharizard, ect did.

But... I've failed.............

I can't do this anymore, If this cannot be fixed.... Then I will quit.....

Daegon and, or Dawson please check out these problems.... Tell me what you think..... If this keeps up..... I'm leaving.......

I had hoped that this wouldn't happen in this thread...
Oh, my. Don't quit right now. This thread is in its early stages, so, it may not have made a big impact... yet. But, as time passes, it may become a success. Have patience, and dedication, and you will prosper.
Old June 16th, 2005 (07:39 PM).
nicoleb
Whannell's hot.

Send a message via AIM to nicoleb Send a message via Skype™ to nicoleb
Quote:
Nicole, perhaps you should get the facts right before you start telling people how to program.
Maybe. But why do people who are so good at pragraming think they can treat people any way they want to?

* Married to Jeremy.
* "In love" with Leigh Whannell and Costas Mandylor. <3
* でも、ボクはこのヤロウがキライんだ。あいつはボクに恐喝(きょうかつ)しようとしたから。
Old June 16th, 2005 (07:47 PM).
Krazy_Meerkat
Rawr!

Quote originally posted by nicoleb:
Maybe. But why do people who are so good at pragraming think they can treat people any way they want to?
I meant no offence by that nicole, but I just suggest that next time you should look a little more into it.

You must edit it to meet the limits set by the rules before you may remove the [sig-reason] code from your signature. Removing this tag will re-enable it.

Do not remove the tag until you fix the issues in your signature. You may be infracted for removing this tag if you do not fix the specified issues. Do not use this tag for decoration purposes.
Old June 16th, 2005 (10:06 PM).
nicoleb
Whannell's hot.

Quote originally posted by Krazy_Meerkat:
I meant no offence by that nicole, but I just suggest that next time you should look a little more into it.
Thanks. But, I wasn't talking about you.

* Married to Jeremy.
Old June 16th, 2005 (10:18 PM).
Krazy_Meerkat
Rawr!

Lol ok:D
I thought you and mooshy were working on this together?
Why don't you give him a hand if he is in real trouble?

Old June 16th, 2005 (11:27 PM).
nicoleb
Whannell's hot.

Lol ok:D
I thought you and mooshy were working on this together?
Why don't you give him a hand if he is in real trouble?
What do you mean? I'm not very good at programing. ;;

* Married to Jeremy.
Old June 19th, 2005 (08:24 AM).
Mooshykris
Donator Tier 5

I don't get it..?

I tried to make an animated title screen. Not a sprite one...
Old June 19th, 2005 (09:16 AM).
sketch
3D animator/movie director

Do you think you want to make some music for my game?Since my game is called Pokemon:Music.Check out the thread.
Old June 19th, 2005 (06:19 PM).
Mooshykris
Donator Tier 5

Guys, before I could I could go far, I could use a Pokemon/Trainer spriter.
Old June 20th, 2005 (02:14 AM).
nicoleb
Whannell's hot.

Quote originally posted by Mooshykris:
Guys, before I could I could go far, I could use a Pokemon/Trainer spriter.
Well, I can't make Sprites very well yet, but I'm alright. As I said, I've recomended some people for you, Chris. They're very good, and I'm sure they'd be happy to help. I'll PM you the names if you want.

I have a question about GT. Does it have night and day, and daylight savings time in it?

* Married to Jeremy.
Old June 24th, 2005 (06:42 PM).
Mooshykris
Donator Tier 5

Quote originally posted by nicoleb:
I have a question about GT. Does it have night and day, and daylight savings time in it?
Not yet.

Also, I have a little.... question for you:

Can any of you guess who the champion the Champion is? Note: He has all Kanto Pokemon, 5 of which are R/B/Y Starters...
Old June 24th, 2005 (06:47 PM).
the O rly? owl
Booted out - don't be like me!

Nature: Relaxed
Send a message via AIM to the O rly? owl Send a message via Yahoo to the O rly? owl
The Champ iis Red because he owns you all joo with Char, Saur, Toise, Pika, Vee & Lax.
Old June 24th, 2005 (06:50 PM).
Mooshykris
Donator Tier 5

Quote originally posted by Jade:
The Champ iis Red because he owns you all joo with Char, Saur, Toise, Pika, Vee & Lax.
Nope... Red Doesn't start his journey for another year.
Old June 24th, 2005 (06:51 PM).
the O rly? owl

Send a message via AIM to the O rly? owl Send a message via Yahoo to the O rly? owl
Umm.. Could it be the Old Oak?
Old June 24th, 2005 (06:54 PM).
Mooshykris
Donator Tier 5

Quote originally posted by Jade:
Umm.. Could it be the Old Oak?
YES!!! Oak is the Champion! I gave you hints... Like in the character profiles...

And the fact that Charizard is the strongest. (anybody watch PKMN 4ever)
Old June 24th, 2005 (06:59 PM).
the O rly? owl

I have not read the character description as you see, I am just guessing for fun.

Quick Reply

Sponsored Links