Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Pokémon Gaming > Metal & Color Generation
Reload this Page Official glitch discussion thread.

Notices
For all updates, view the main page.

Metal & Color Generation Take a walk down memory lane with Red, Blue, and Yellow, the games that started it all! Then revisit the best region ever in the original Johto games, Gold, Silver, and Crystal.

Closed Thread

Old July 12th, 2007 (02:10 PM).
[Insert creative title here]

Nature: Lax
To those of you who've aked for more glitches, go to
www.trsrockin.com
It is a Pokemon glitch galore there, an thats where ive obtained most of my glitch knowledge.
Old August 9th, 2007 (09:24 PM).
Movie Making Expert

Here's one:

I once had a Magikarp on my Yellow that had infinite HP (no gameshark). When I put it in Pokémon Stadium, it turned into a Hitmonlee. To this day, I still have a Hitmonlee who only knows Splash! :D I think I must have got some dust or something in the cartridge...

That cave above Blackthorn City sure has changed...

SIGN THE G/S REMAKE PETITION HERE!

Watch my ROM Hack videos http://www.youtube.com/profile?user=WeirdEars

In case you didn't realize, I support ShinyGold!
Old August 10th, 2007 (10:43 AM).
Reinvented.

Nature: Relaxed
Send a message via AIM to mew2three567
There is that one stupid "Flootenkerp" glitch (Silver/Gold). You have to go to the spot your rival was at in the begining of the game and press the a button three times. Then go to the first patch of grass and search for like thirty minutes, a pokemon that is a Mewtwo Pikachu mix will appear. I seriously doubt this actually works, though.

Also, I loaded a level 0 Missingno on to my pokemon stadium, and it registered as a level 100 ditto. Pretty weird... ;
Old August 13th, 2007 (06:56 AM).

Nature: Calm
This isn't the mew glitch directly, but I ran into a lv.7 MissingNO. failing to do the glitch correctly several times. Plus, i once had a Lv. 255.Mr.Mime. How you ask? Well, I caught a glitch Abra(over lv.100)on the coast of Cinnabar island. I then traded it to the kid in the house south of Pewter that want to trade his Mr.Mime for an Abra. Since the pokemon you get in a trade with a cpu. in R/B/Y are the same Lv. of the pokemon you give, the Mr.Mime I got's Lv. was above 100. Soooooo.... from there, i just rare candied it to Lv.255.(if it goes any higher, it'll go back to 0)
Old August 17th, 2007 (06:28 AM).

I've read on numerous websites that if you do the Mew Glitch and replace the Youngster with the lvl. 17 Slowpoke with another trainer (that walks up to you), you'll get other Pokemon. You can try this with different trainers and there is a possibility that you can get Pokemon that evolve by trade like Machamp and Gengar as well as the legendaries. Also, this is the only way you can get Missingno in Yellow version.
Old August 17th, 2007 (06:31 AM).
Grass dinosaur extraordinaire
CS

Send a message via Skype™ to Ivysaur
Quote originally posted by spam:
I've read on numerous websites that if you do the Mew Glitch and replace the Youngster with the lvl. 17 Slowpoke with another trainer (that walks up to you), you'll get other Pokemon. You can try this with different trainers and there is a possibility that you can get Pokemon that evolve by trade like Machamp and Gengar as well as the legendaries. Also, this is the only way you can get Missingno in Yellow version.
Correct. I found a Chansey, a Missingno, a Nidoqueen and a Golem, all at lv.7
Old August 17th, 2007 (10:18 AM).
Emulation Freak

The one were you talk to the old man that blocks your path at the begging of the game, then fly to cinnobar island surf up and down one side about 20 times the check your items and you have a boat load of rare candys.

GAME CREATOR
Gold's PokePet

Whizzer the level 76 Lugia!

For a free gameing console including psp,ds,360,wii,ps3 click HERE all you have to is complete an offer £1 or dollor is the max amount you'll spend then refer 5 to 10 people to do the same thing depending on the console and you'll recive a Free Games Console
Old August 17th, 2007 (10:36 AM).
CS

Quote originally posted by cal.kriptic:
The one were you talk to the old man that blocks your path at the begging of the game, then fly to cinnobar island surf up and down one side about 20 times the check your items and you have a boat load of rare candys.
Not exactly. Talking with the old man caused Missingno and 'M appear in the Cinnabar coast, and, if you encounter one, the sixth item in your bag (be a rare candy or the bicycle) will be multiplied x 128.
Old August 17th, 2007 (11:07 AM).
Emulation Freak

Quote originally posted by Went:
Not exactly. Talking with the old man caused Missingno and 'M appear in the Cinnabar coast, and, if you encounter one, the sixth item in your bag (be a rare candy or the bicycle) will be multiplied x 128.
Thats right:D its been so long since i played on the orginals. good days.

GAME CREATOR
Gold's PokePet

Whizzer the level 76 Lugia!

For a free gameing console including psp,ds,360,wii,ps3 click HERE all you have to is complete an offer £1 or dollor is the max amount you'll spend then refer 5 to 10 people to do the same thing depending on the console and you'll recive a Free Games Console
Old August 17th, 2007 (11:52 AM).

If you have certain letters in your name, Missingno will appear as the ghost in Pokemon Tower, the Kabutops fossil in Pewter Museum, or the Aerodatyl fossil in Pewter Museum.

I believe the letters are W, X, and Y, but I'm not sure.
Old August 17th, 2007 (11:56 AM).
CS

If you have certain letters in your name, Missingno will appear as the ghost in Pokemon Tower, the Kabutops fossil in Pewter Museum, or the Aerodatyl fossil in Pewter Museum.

I believe the letters are W, X, and Y, but I'm not sure.
x for the kabutops, y for the ghost and z for the aerodactyl (lowercased)
Old August 17th, 2007 (12:45 PM).

OK, I have a really weird problem that has plagued all my 1st gen. Pokemon games since I first started playing them...

I stick a whole lot of Pogies in a box for an extended period of time and occaisionally one of them seems to "disappear." I didn't realease them or anything, they just disappear. I remember catching a Gastly and training it to a Haunter. Then I stuck it in one of my boxes and left it there. When I came back to train it a little more, it turns out it disappeared.

This often happens when I leave either a Beedrill or a Haunter in the PC for too long, however there was one time when all my Pokemon in Yellow were mysteriously released except for the Abra I was carrying. This problem seems to only affect my 1st gen. Pokemon games. All the later generations worked fine.

I'm not sure if anybody else has this strange problem with their Pokemon games though.
Old August 22nd, 2007 (05:41 AM).
I think I got ownt.

does anyone remember how to get the kabutops/aerodactyl* fossils in place of the missingno.? my mate did it once and i just cant remember it.
Old August 22nd, 2007 (06:26 AM).

^ Read a few posts up. It's X, Y, and Z.

If anybody around here knows about why my Pokemon keep abandoning me, please let me know. (Referring to my post above)
Old August 22nd, 2007 (06:51 AM).
The wanderer.
Crystal Tier

Nature: Calm
It may be a sign that the internal battery is running out.
Old August 22nd, 2007 (12:41 PM).
Buffalo State College

Nature: Bashful
Send a message via AIM to ~*!*~Tatsujin Gosuto~*!*~
I don't think the battery has anything ti do with the game Glitching up

TG

Friend Code: 3136-6961-3807 Friend Safari:Steel: Metang, Magneton and Klefi
Old August 25th, 2007 (01:34 AM). Edited August 25th, 2007 by Concorde.

Do you remember a fake Dark Lugia from Gold? Yeah, surely you do. But nobody said it's 100% fake... Some gameshark codes and poof! - almost you've got it. But I say - ALMOST.
Just all you need is to combine two gameshark codes: 00FCEDD0 (for PkMn 252) and 00F9EDD0 (for Lugia).
Also I've heard about Light Ho-Oh, an alternative for DL. Codes: 00FEEDD0 (PkMn 254) and 00FAEDD0 (Ho-Oh).
You have to turn them on and off during the battle and catching. Try it, effects are funny

[EDIT]
Videos:
http://youtube.com/watch?v=_CIYlgdoEWw
http://youtube.com/watch?v=BHJvl045NiE
Old August 25th, 2007 (06:20 AM).

Quote:
It may be a sign that the internal battery is running out.
Not really because it's been happening since I first got the game.
Old August 26th, 2007 (02:13 PM).

^ Sorry if this hurts your feelings in any way, but please use the edit button. I can barely tell what you're trying to say.

I don't think you can find the glitch trainers via the Missingno glitch without the use of a GS/AR, but that seems pretty interesting.
Old August 29th, 2007 (12:13 AM).

^ Sorry if this hurts your feelings in any way, but please use the edit button. I can barely tell what you're trying to say.

I don't think you can find the glitch trainers via the Missingno glitch without the use of a GS/AR, but that seems pretty interesting.
No, you can but i said''It depends to your name''.You have to give a really strange name like this.

What you can not understand? i will try next time to explain it better...(if i can)!

However yes you can find glitch trainers without using GS/AR.It 's easy by doing the Missing number glitch and a strange name with numbers,words such as pkmn, symbols question mark male,female symbols.Try it!
Old August 31st, 2007 (07:41 AM).
Aspiration

Nature: Lonely
i love this thread but i got more than one glitch once i found a missingno. in Red and it actually had a cry it buzzed beeped then did a distorted zapdos cry than my game went bilastic (sp?) glitch blocks lined my screen as it played pokemon tower music and then the message box at the bottom kept saying "you caught VILEPLUME! Would you like to nickname it?" i said yes and my game reseted... I was bursting into laughter at the end.

CRYSTAL glitch:
I traded a Missingno. over to crystal i think it said it was abnormal but the trade went through and it was holding an item called ????? then my friend told me thats known as surfboard an item that lets u surf w/o pokemon. so i used it but it didnt surf i encounterd a level 0 ????? Crystals own little missingno. It knew tackle a blank move with the type dragon and a whole bunch of random letters. When i use it in battle it says come out [6th pokemon in my partys name] then it freezes. If aanyone else encounters one of these glitches plz tell me.
Old September 23rd, 2007 (01:39 PM).
http://dragcave.ath.cx/user/18

once i caught a bulbasaur using missingno glitch and my game froze and when i turned it on i had all pokes at level 0 and it was quite humorous.:\

*'`' Proud Ikari/Contestshipper!'`'*

I'm not retarded, I just like licking windows!

Oh, yeah. That's me all right.

If my dragons die, YOU die.

-Gasps- one of my dragons DIED.....>=[

Old September 23rd, 2007 (02:26 PM).

I have a question. Have any of you battled the same trainer twice, not including the Elite Four?
I battled this weak Lass and killed her, but then the battle music started playing again and I had to battle her again. There wasn't anything really glitchy about her pokemon. They were the same as last time, with full health, and I gained exp points the same way too. But what did I do to trigger this?

Today is the first day of the rest of our lives.

Saying it's impossible makes it impossible.

I cdnuolt blveiee taht I cluod aulaclty uesdnatnrd waht I was rdanieg. The phaonmneal pweor of the hmuan mnid, aoccdrnig to a rscheearch at Cmabrigde Uinervtisy, it dseno't mtaetr in waht oerdr the ltteres in a wrod are, the olny iproamtnt tihng is taht the frsit and lsat ltteer be in the rghit pclae. The rset can be a taotl mses and you can sitll raed it whotuit a pboerlm. Tihs is bcuseae the huamn mnid deos not raed ervey lteter by istlef, but the wrod as a wlohe. Azanmig huh? yaeh and I awlyas tghuhot slpeling was ipmorantt!
fi yuo cna raed tihs, palce it in yuor siantugre.
Old September 24th, 2007 (04:15 AM).
http://dragcave.ath.cx/user/18

That does happen. It's completely random, but occasionally, i'll be fighting a youngster or swimmer or something and the music changes to Lance's music and its all like huh? I think if you go really fast in killing a weak trainer, the game assumes that you have not battled the trainer yet and sends you right back in.

*'`' Proud Ikari/Contestshipper!'`'*

I'm not retarded, I just like licking windows!

Oh, yeah. That's me all right.

If my dragons die, YOU die.

-Gasps- one of my dragons DIED.....>=[

Old September 25th, 2007 (05:28 PM).

That only happened to me once though, and I've killed other trainers even faster. But perhaps.

Today is the first day of the rest of our lives.

Saying it's impossible makes it impossible.

I cdnuolt blveiee taht I cluod aulaclty uesdnatnrd waht I was rdanieg. The phaonmneal pweor of the hmuan mnid, aoccdrnig to a rscheearch at Cmabrigde Uinervtisy, it dseno't mtaetr in waht oerdr the ltteres in a wrod are, the olny iproamtnt tihng is taht the frsit and lsat ltteer be in the rghit pclae. The rset can be a taotl mses and you can sitll raed it whotuit a pboerlm. Tihs is bcuseae the huamn mnid deos not raed ervey lteter by istlef, but the wrod as a wlohe. Azanmig huh? yaeh and I awlyas tghuhot slpeling was ipmorantt!
fi yuo cna raed tihs, palce it in yuor siantugre.
Closed Thread
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links