Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Pokémon Gaming > Metal & Color Generation
Reload this Page Official glitch discussion thread.

Notices
For all updates, view the main page.

Metal & Color Generation Take a walk down memory lane with Red, Blue, and Yellow, the games that started it all! Then revisit the best region ever in the original Johto games, Gold, Silver, and Crystal.

Closed Thread

Old November 2nd, 2008 (08:03 AM).
. u .

Nature: Quirky
Send a message via Skype™ to StarBoundDragon
Not sure i this happened to anyone else, but i taught my snorlax payday....but i only thought meowth and pikachu could learn it...i could be wrong...also once i was surfing and suddenly the music changed to the route 1 music and i was on my bike (not on land) ..... then the game crashed.
Old November 10th, 2008 (02:29 PM).
angry kid and a keyboard

Muahahahahaha! Glitches!
Alright, here's one for all you out there:
h Poke, the elusive glitch that is my name. First, you must do the extended mew trick using a pokemon with a special stat of 195. Then, and this IS necessary, you must nickname it. If you do this then you will have the most peculiar glitch of all: one with no bad side effects! Unfortunately, it learns few moves before level 100 and evolves into gloom at level 224
Old December 8th, 2008 (07:54 AM).
A GB/C Rom Hacker since 2010

Nature: Relaxed
Hey if you wanna see world's biggest and funnies glitch go to youtube and search for Miksy91 and then open video pokemon crystal world hack - glitch world. Sorry I can't put a link here (not enough posts).
Old December 8th, 2008 (08:51 AM).
Don't eat me!

Glitches =D

I do the MissingNo. thing since i was 5, on the last month i was swiming on the MissingNo. water and *music* a Gentelman wanted to fight me =D, the Gentelman trow a pokéball and the game drop dead =D

I had put my name to appear Bulbasaur and Charmander, my rival's mane was ♂♂, maybe it was that... And now i thank my pokemon red for that cute glitchy moment
Old December 8th, 2008 (01:35 PM).

I found this glitch in pokemon crystal when going into Azalea Town gym. I was battling the trainers in the gym and then when i walked to the top right of the gym this message poped up. It said "Caterpie is evolving" and then my game turned off by itself. I didn't even have a caterpie and I lost game data. Well, that was 9 years ago when that happened(I think.).
Old December 30th, 2008 (02:52 PM).
It's watching you...

Nature: Docile
I'm not sure if someone posted this yet, but here's a glitch for G/S/C:

1. Fly to Vermillion City.

2. Talk to the Machop that's stomping the ground.

3. After that, open your Coin Case, and the game will restart, with messed up colors! (Ho-oh will also appear in color at the title screen.)

WARNING! Don't save, your game might be permanently glitched if you do!

Lol, I tried this, and I used Hydro Pump with my Suicune, and The Water from the attack was green!
Old January 6th, 2009 (03:39 PM). Edited January 6th, 2009 by *~Frost Umbreon~*.
TURN OFF YOUR ORPHANS.

Nature: Hasty
Send a message via ICQ to *~Frost Umbreon~* Send a message via AIM to *~Frost Umbreon~* Send a message via Yahoo to *~Frost Umbreon~* Send a message via Skype™ to *~Frost Umbreon~*
I was playing around with Gameshark on my Crystal, so I entered the Enemy Modifier code and put in 00. This is what I found:

Nothing glitched up, and I didn't have any Balls, so I'm okay. It might be a filler Pokemon since there are 255 hex codes or something. I've also heard of ????? as #252 and #254. That's not the weird part: the shiny form is exactly the same...

Roses are red,
Violets are blue.
In Soviet Russia,
Poem write you.

Spoiler:

Platinum FC: 2064-2865-2623
Pearl FC: 2407-8843-2468
(Don't battle me, though, I'm terrible.)
Old January 13th, 2009 (02:38 AM).
I'm back!

Location: Standing at the edge of the world! Thinking let's jump off!
Did Glicth city last night on blue and went in to the cinibar island pokemon center when I left the safari zone I came out of the cinibar island pokemart! The map was perfect no glitches!
Old January 28th, 2009 (09:26 AM).
Hey, look, I was gone.

Quote originally posted by The warden:
Did Glicth city last night on blue and went in to the cinibar island pokemon center when I left the safari zone I came out of the cinibar island pokemart! The map was perfect no glitches!
Exactly. That area repoints you to the PokemonMart in Cinnabar for some reason. It's no Glitch City, it's the real map. :\
Old January 29th, 2009 (09:47 AM).
Ranger Emilee

My thread was deleted . i am sorry but I have to make it known. Although there are multiple claims that the "cerulean Mew" glitch works I tried it and unfortunatly it killed my game. As a mew lover this was a low blow. The creators of these games put glitches there for a reason (for us to find them for a little extra challenge) Thanks for the read through.

Im not crazy only slightly insane...

For all bleach fans...
Old January 29th, 2009 (10:01 AM).
Hey, look, I was gone.

No, glitches are something found by accident. Easter Eggs is what they put in on purpose, like the truck.
Old February 4th, 2009 (06:14 PM).

I just caught Mew in Pokemon Blue using that glitch haha

Was pretty fun >.<
Old February 20th, 2009 (12:19 PM). Edited February 20th, 2009 by this_is_ark.
who what where

on my crystal game, i used the clone glitch at least over 30 times, and one day i cloned my suicune and tons of ?s appeared on my screen. the game froze and i was forced to restart

another cloning glitch related problem was when i cloned a third copy of my typhlosion. the third copy, when sent out into a battle, its backsprite would become poliwag and its only move would be watergun

piccusss
Old February 22nd, 2009 (11:43 AM). Edited February 22nd, 2009 by Neutrino.
The Jelly-Stuff of legend...

Nature: Naughty
Quote originally posted by LugiaMaster76:
I know a cool glitch! Here it is!

1. Get a Pokemon that knows cut.
2. Cut a tree.
3. Stand on the tree that you cutted.
4. Save the game.
5. Turn it off.
6. Turn it on.

And you will be standing on a tree!
this shouldn't work, because when you save it, you save the tree being not there, so it won't be there when you turn in on again

my sister transported a charmander from pokemon blue and raised it to a charizard, which she traded to my silver. when she did, it's name was 'charizard.' <-- with the full stop, which is wrong. and when i look on my party, it's just called '?'
Also, when i switch charizard IN to battle, it says
"your foes weak,
get 'em-" and when charizards name comes on, it looks like this
"?harizard!!eak,get'em"3It's name just goes over the top of thw writing. this isn't really a glitch, well it is, but not for the normal reasons, like getting special pokemon, duplicating, that sort of thing.
it's a technical glitch, but it's really quite annoying
Old March 8th, 2009 (01:29 PM).

In addition to trading over a pokemon that knows Cut, and not having to go the the SS. Anne, you can just black out in the ship after getting the HM, and it won't leave.
Old March 13th, 2009 (02:21 PM).

Heres a New GLITCH!!!!!!!!!! THE DITTO TRICK!

First off,get a pokemon witha nice Special stat...for GLITCH pokemon get something around 200....
first off,go to Nugget Bridge and teleport from that dude in the patch.
go to FUCHSIA CITY and Battle anyone.Now,go to the East side of Fuchsia city,and look for Ditto's.this is where the fun begins.
Encounter one,and let it transform into the pokemon with the Special Stat.Now,RUN from it and go to Cerulean.go up Nugget Bridge and get a Lv. 7 pokemon.

BEST STATS:
Special stat of 21=Mew.
Special Stat of 28=Blastoise.
Special Stat of 153=Bulbasaur.

This MIGHT be the trick we're all lookin for to complete the Pokedex!
Old March 18th, 2009 (05:39 PM).
Wannabe Hasbeen
Silver Tier

Nature: Lax
I don't know if this was a glitch or simply my internal battery is dying, but any explanation would be appreciated.

I started playing Silver recently, and for some reason the clock only keeps track of time while I'm playing. I started around 3 o'clock on Monday, and now on my game it is about 1 AM on Tuesday. So it takes 12 in game hours for night to pass, and 12 in game hours for day to pass. Another thing that sucks is that I have to play 24 in game hours just to change the day, and that means that I'll only very rarely be able to battle my rival or do other day-of-the-week specific events.

White FC: 0046 2399 7625

Old March 19th, 2009 (04:06 PM).
Too cute for you

Nature: Naughty
I dont know if anyone has posted this yet but: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FQFT1FpQdsc
It really works!
Old April 1st, 2009 (06:51 PM).
Pokemon Master of Masters!

Nature: Quiet
On Pokemon Gold, i had a glitch box, i named the box fire. I had pokemon in there, after a while, i noticed my pokemon having weird names that didn't make sense,my Scizor was named Iro, my trianer name is Hiro, i traded the box and the pokemon except my Scizor, it was Lv. 83, i said id take my chances, oh so i traded the box to Pokemon Stadium 2, eventually, the game lost my saved data and i guess the glitch box was gone, i still dont know how i got it!

Pokemon Diamond FC: 3867-5612-5116
Pokemon HeartGold FC: 2022-0832-9631
Pokemon Black FC: 2537-4755-9960
Old April 1st, 2009 (07:57 PM).
Protect his very soul.
ModeratorCS

Quote originally posted by HiroUey:
On Pokemon Gold, i had a glitch box, i named the box fire. I had pokemon in there, after a while, i noticed my pokemon having weird names that didn't make sense,my Scizor was named Iro, my trianer name is Hiro, i traded the box and the pokemon except my Scizor, it was Lv. 83, i said id take my chances, oh so i traded the box to Pokemon Stadium 2, eventually, the game lost my saved data and i guess the glitch box was gone, i still dont know how i got it!
Yikes, something like that happened to me too. It was on Gold, and after some years, I found a level 100 Hitmontop (a pokemon I caught/never had in my life, but it helped me complete my dex anyways) in one of my boxes which I believe had an OT of (or maybe nickname, but I know for sure that it was simply) IAN. My OT is BRIAN, so that was odd that it cut off some letters. I think there was a Togetic too named something weird. I could never figure out why it did that. It's a dreadful box that I don't touch. Sorry to hear about your data.

Idk if anyone mentioned this, but there's a glitch to get shiny pokemon in G/S. I forgot where the source is (I believe on youtube), but you need to *almost* save/clone over a pokemon in the PC. You would use the shiny Gyarados and something you what to turn shiny (which you would want the ability to nickname, or else it'll be called Gyarados's name). I did this to get a shiny Eevee, but since Silver's battery died, I haven't done the glitch since.

Lol, my input is based on my memory, but it's usually good when it's about pokemon. :x
Old April 1st, 2009 (08:38 PM).
Gotta Help 'Em All!

Nature: Quiet
Quote originally posted by ~Night:
I heard that if you trade MissingNo. to Gold/Silver/Crystal then sometimes it'll turn into a Stantler or some other 'new' pokemon{at least they were new at the time}.

~Night
Hah I tried trading my Missingno to Pokemon Crystal.
It turned out as a Psyduck with the name ???.
Wouldn't let me trade it though.
I got into the trade room, tried trading, send it was an 'invalid pokemon'.
Old April 1st, 2009 (08:49 PM).
Semi-Automatic
Silver Tier

Send a message via Skype™ to Limey-chan
Quote originally posted by slowpokez:
I dont know if anyone has posted this yet but: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FQFT1FpQdsc
It really works!
This glitch (Pokémon/Item duplication glitch by switching off while saving) may or may not be linked to what people are reporting above but it certainly had an effect on the Pokémon Gold rom I tested it on.

I did the three starters glitch and also duplicated Togepis holding Everstones. There were 3 or 4 times later in the game when i'd caught a Pokémon, it had transferred to a box on PC and when i'd withdrawn the Pokémon to heal it and then saved properly and switched off, then returned to the game later on I found i'd suddenly duplicated the Pokémon without actually performing the glitch. I got 2 Sandshrews and 2 Lapras and another Pokémon, bizarrely.
Old April 2nd, 2009 (04:09 AM).
The shiny pokemon trainer

...lolwut? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NIkP2c7jWLQ&feature=channel_page Anyway, yes you do need walk thru walls to do this, and yes it works.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BIz1RAg25yM <-- this is the G/S/C celebi glitch, so you can get celebi without gameshark.
Old April 4th, 2009 (03:11 PM).
Lucariowner

Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Roxasabridged
Random Gold Glitch: The trainer in Trainer house was called 'Elliot9999999999999999999999' and summoned himself for the fight. Attacking him resulted in crashing...
Old April 4th, 2009 (03:47 PM).
★Cannibal Psycho Soft For Pkmn

I haven't found any glitches in fire red(The actual game; Not a rom, or a bootleg, or any of that nonsense) except for on the cycling road.

If you go down the middle section of the cycling road then try to go back up, the signs start following you. If you stop(hold B), it goes past you. Then you start again and it lags behind you then goes off screen. If you keep going, all three of the signs up the mid section of the road will follow you for a decreasing number of blocks--three, two, then only one block. Then they will remain in place and won't behave in this manner again until you restart and repeat.

oO... No one believed me until I let them see the moving signs for themselves.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
PKMN Artwork PKMN RoleplayPKMN ROM Hacks

Trainer INFOPKMN Radio PKMN Doujinshi
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Closed Thread
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links