The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Pokémon Gaming > Metal & Color Generation

Notices

Metal & Color Generation Take a walk down memory lane with Red, Blue, and Yellow, the games that started it all! Then revisit the best region ever in the original Johto games, Gold, Silver, and Crystal.

Closed Thread
Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old April 7th, 2009, 05:30 AM
B0k Lau
Beginning Trainer

Love that glitch need more :o
Old April 18th, 2009, 04:43 PM
alargetire
Beginning Trainer

I didn't know there was a Mew glitch? or Glitch City? lol.
Old April 18th, 2009, 10:04 PM
~Night
~!~Miss Cow~!~

I haven't been on this thread in months and you guys are still talking about glitch city and the mew glitch? Aren't there any other glitches to talk about? (no, seriously, are there? because all I've heard are missingno, fishing statues, surf through man to get to s.s. anne, mew glitch, glitch city, and changing your name to OLD MAN)

~Night

Old April 21st, 2009, 03:38 PM
alexis515148
The shiny pokemon trainer

Originally Posted by ~Night View Post
I haven't been on this thread in months and you guys are still talking about glitch city and the mew glitch? Aren't there any other glitches to talk about? (no, seriously, are there? because all I've heard are missingno, fishing statues, surf through man to get to s.s. anne, mew glitch, glitch city, and changing your name to OLD MAN)

~Night
Yes there is, since you didnt read my other post on this page,I will quote myself:

Quote:
...lolwut? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NIkP2...e=channel_page Anyway, yes you do need walk thru walls to do this, and yes it works.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BIz1RAg25yM <-- this is the G/S/C celebi glitch, so you can get celebi without gameshark.
Old April 25th, 2009, 11:49 PM
MrAPT1
That one guy who does stuff

The japanese games behave quite differently when glitched. I traded a pokemon from red to my japanese yellow and it turned into a missingno. when I sent it out, it would glitch the screen and corrupt the pokemon I was battling. Every time I caught a pokemon they would be a missingno with a pokedex entry of#000. Afterwords, after catching the 6th glitch. the map would become distorted, but this wasn't glitch city. There were random tiles in some places that I could walk over like water, ledges ect. Whenever I tried to save when this happened,the game crashed.
Old May 12th, 2009, 01:17 PM
Silver7
Hmph...

If you use Focus energy you Lower the chance of a Crit. hit
Explosion, hyper beam, Self-destruct will cut the defence of any pokemon in half before attacking.
that is all i know
Old May 13th, 2009, 09:50 PM
§1
Rocket grunt

Nature: Relaxed
years ago when i first tried the missing no glitch on my blue version, i tried to use the missing no on pokemon stadium, but this caused the missing no i caught to perminantly become a ditto with an odd moveset...sky attack ect.

i told a friend of mine what happened so he tried it, and he said his turned into a kangiskhan

3DS FC: 5472-7477-3741
B2 FC: 1464 9330 9652
Old May 19th, 2009, 10:30 PM
Niprop
The Fighting Porygon Team

Nature: Quirky
Seeing all these bugs in the game really makes me wonder if the Beta Testers were actually paying attention while playing the game. I also think that they could of crammed a who lot more into to games if they got rid if that junk data. (Unused tile sets, incomplete maps, etc.)
"Geodudes are really tough."- Random kid from Pokémon Commercial
"Dragonite for the win!"- Lance
"Are you kidding me? Not my Chikorita!"- Random kid from other Pokémon Commercial
Old May 20th, 2009, 08:39 AM
Gerard
Beginning Trainer

Originally Posted by §1 View Post
years ago when i first tried the missing no glitch on my blue version, i tried to use the missing no on pokemon stadium, but this caused the missing no i caught to perminantly become a ditto with an odd moveset...sky attack ect.

i told a friend of mine what happened so he tried it, and he said his turned into a kangiskhan
It's also known to become a Rhydon.
Old June 7th, 2009, 02:39 PM
bewbs
~Chloe~

Nature: Quirky
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to bewbs Send a message via Skype™ to bewbs
I gave a poikedoll to the ghost, cubones's mother in Pokemon tower in Yellow and I didn't need to bother with silph scope.

I'm assuming it's a glitch cause in lg marowak was still there.

Old June 7th, 2009, 03:04 PM
~Magnus~
Platinum FC: 4683-5731-9795

There is a glitch involving the dude that takes you to brock's gym and if you battle something and decrease a curtain stat you get a strong pokemon in the forest
Snorlax used Fly!
Venusaur used Sleep Powder!
Venusaur's attack missed!
Snorlax used Fly! Critical hit!
Venusaur fainted!

Gotta love pokemon stadium.
Spoiler:

Old June 7th, 2009, 03:26 PM
Dr. James
Experimenting

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~Magnus~ View Post
There is a glitch involving the dude that takes you to brock's gym and if you battle something and decrease a curtain stat you get a strong pokemon in the forest
This sounds interesting. Can you be more specific?
Old June 7th, 2009, 04:01 PM
machinegun777
Donator Tier 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. James View Post
This sounds interesting. Can you be more specific?
It kinda sounds like he's talking about the Mew Glitch.
Old June 18th, 2009, 05:30 PM
JaggedMan
The Cheese Pokemon!

Nature: Brave
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to JaggedMan
How about walking through walls without a gameshark or ar. 1.) get all your pokemon poisoned (you may need a whole heck of a lot of potions for this trick) 2.) go to the Safari Zone and do the glitchcity glitch. 3.) but, there's a trick... walk 500 steps without your pokemon fainting (useing potions), your 500th step has to be off a ledge for this to work. 4.) you will then be transported back to the Safari Zone with your pokemon poisond, by now you can walk through everything in the building. 5.) if you go out to glitchcity or into the acually Safari Zone you can't walkthrough walls, so wait till your pokemon faint and you will be transported to a pokemon center. 6.) Now, walk through walls all over the Kanto region. YAY

~JaggedMan

pkmn Heart Gold FC: 5113 5655 6875
Old June 20th, 2009, 02:23 PM
Blaziquaza

Nature: Jolly
I remember when I was 5,I playing Gold with my brother.He was just fooling around in grass when a wild Pokemon came up.It was called ?????? and it was Lv0.He remembered meeting a Pokemon like it in Red.Then the game just froze.

And I'm about to break
I need a little room to breathe...

Steam IGN: Hybrid Theory
Old June 23rd, 2009, 10:08 PM
Missingno.7-4468
The Kazuka Party is for curry!

Nature: Modest
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Missingno.7-4468
Not sure if it was already posted, but what about the ZZAZZ glitch? Anyone heard of that?
*Not explaining it in this post due to tiredness and complexity*

^ This one is 500 px long for sure
Old June 30th, 2009, 10:25 PM
FreakyLocz14
Conservative Patriot
Community Supporter

I saved in Cerulean Gym and left to take on Gary at the Nugget Bridge... when he approached me I hear all kinds of sounds like different Pokemon cries and other various sounds then when the battle started It said some glitch stuff then the game froze but still playing the random sounds

Last edited by FreakyLocz14; July 1st, 2009 at 10:33 AM.
Old July 1st, 2009, 12:47 AM
spooknig
Beginning Trainer

thats wierd ive never heard of that happening

if you do me ill do you
Old July 1st, 2009, 06:15 AM
Ayselipera

hmmm never happened to me.
Its not surprising though R/B/Y are full of glitches.
Old July 1st, 2009, 06:36 AM
Ryuzaki_Lawliet
Arctic Fox Lover =3

Yes. It is normal, it was the first pokemon games to be released. My blue is chock full of glitches which is why I sold it away. ;

Old July 1st, 2009, 08:07 AM
~*!*~Tatsujin Gosuto~*!*~
Buffalo State College

Nature: Bashful
Send a message via AIM to ~*!*~Tatsujin Gosuto~*!*~
I agree with Autumn, it is full of surprises but it does sound pretty cool though

TG

Friend Code: 3136-6961-3807 Friend Safari:Steel: Metang, Magneton and Klefi
Old July 1st, 2009, 08:20 AM
Redstar
Advanced Trainer

Send a message via AIM to Redstar Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Redstar
None of you are actually attempting to help Freaky.

Alright. Are you playing Red on an actual cartridge, or on a ROM? In either case, have you tried simply resetting the game and trying again?
Old July 1st, 2009, 09:41 AM
Xarses
Whippersnapper

Nature: Lax
Send a message via AIM to Xarses
Dude, it's gone almost for sure. I've had the same experience with a past Red, except mine wouldn't even go past the opening scene where Prof. Oak is talking to you.

The reasons are unknown, probably just time progression. You can keep messing with it, or try replacing the internal battery, that may do something but it's unlikely. Remember, eBay is always an option.

Hope it turns out for the better mate.
Old July 1st, 2009, 10:31 AM
FreakyLocz14
Conservative Patriot
Community Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redstar View Post
None of you are actually attempting to help Freaky.

Alright. Are you playing Red on an actual cartridge, or on a ROM? In either case, have you tried simply resetting the game and trying again?
Catridge on a Game Boy Advance SP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xarses View Post
Dude, it's gone almost for sure. I've had the same experience with a past Red, except mine wouldn't even go past the opening scene where Prof. Oak is talking to you.

The reasons are unknown, probably just time progression. You can keep messing with it, or try replacing the internal battery, that may do something but it's unlikely. Remember, eBay is always an option.

Hope it turns out for the better mate.
Just got it from EBay btw.... man

Last edited by FreakyLocz14; July 1st, 2009 at 10:31 AM. Reason: Your double post has been automatically merged.
Old July 1st, 2009, 10:38 AM
processr
Community Supporter Tier 5

Does this happen every time you attempt to battle your rival before Nugget Bridge? If so, yeah, it's bricked. If not, just ignore it and continue to play. Red and Blue were full of glitches, even though the game they were based on, Pocket Monsters Blue, had already removed a number of glitches that had been present in Red and Green.
Closed Thread
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links