The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Pokémon Discussions > Pokémon Anime

Notices

Pokémon Anime Are you a regular watcher of the Pokémon Anime and its Movies or just an old fan? Come here, and take part in all the various ongoing discussions about the Pokémon Anime.

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old January 22nd, 2004, 06:46 PM
Chaskis Sato
Always Chasing the Night.

Yeah, I would like to know if its worth watching.
Since the Pokemon 4ever was kind of corny (my opinion) is it worth watching the next?

"A wizard is never late, nor is he early, he arrives precisely when he means to." ~Lord of the Rings~
Old January 22nd, 2004, 07:16 PM
PM2008
Fire Gym Owner

Pokemon Heroes looks like it is better than Pokemon 4Ever even though I haven't seen it yet. :\
Old January 22nd, 2004, 08:33 PM
Kenta
OK! Kanpeki!

I liked it more than Movie 4. Although they did cut most of the beginning.
I suspect because it looked biblical or something(the history of Alto Mare)

#1 Questshipper
Old January 22nd, 2004, 09:22 PM
AZSupraT

Send a message via AIM to AZSupraT
This may be off topic, but if anyone wants to write me a sysnopsis for Victory Road, I will give full credit to them and it would be greatly appreciated you can email it to me at [email protected] (if anyone even wants to,lol)
Ive allready taken 59 screen shots of it off of video clips but i dont have the full movie to write it myself

EDIT: NM about this post lol, Im downloading the movie now, i can do it myself

Last edited by AZSupraT; January 23rd, 2004 at 07:14 AM.
Old January 23rd, 2004, 04:48 AM
Unown_
Sep.2003 - Mar.2010. Resigned

The movie is better than 4Ever IMO. The big difference with previous movies is that Heroes takes place in a crowded city. The city itself is practically a maze. There are a lot of chases while the camera is moving like a flying spycam and some great CGI effects. It kinda reminds me of The Matrix. It is a great movie IMO.
Old January 23rd, 2004, 07:53 AM
Roxy Parkington
Beginning Trainer

Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Roxy Parkington
I can't wait to see it! It looks really good, but I want to wait until my close friend, Erin (also a fellow Pokemon fan) can see it too. *hurries to watch the trailer again*

~Roxy~
Lonelyshipping
Sacredshipping
Prodigyshipping
Old January 23rd, 2004, 11:21 AM
Kokiri Girl
Beginning Trainer

I just rent it yesterday and I have to say that is better than 4ever and it's more centralized on the pokemon in it unlike pokemon 2000.

-----> pokeshipper forever
Old January 23rd, 2004, 05:05 PM
ash_misty4ever
We should be lovers....

Send a message via AIM to ash_misty4ever Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to ash_misty4ever
You should get it. I saw the movie 5 times in theaters, and I've got the DVD. Its that good of a movie!
I'm really sorry I haven't been on much. All I can say is that my reality life has caught up with me. I'm not the Pokemon Fan I used to be. I really hate to give all of this up after so long, but I can't quite help it. If I'm not online as much as I used to so very long ago, just remember it's my real life holding me back. BUT, when I become famous, I'll totally be sure to mention everyone of you in my acceptance speeches! Just remember the name EMILY MAYNARD!
Old January 23rd, 2004, 09:32 PM
Kayleigh
Pokémon-de-Superb

I just got finished watching it a few minutes ago, and I loved it! They seemed to have put in more effort on this film than Pokemon 4Ever. It's a lot more emotional and sad, especially at the end. I was crying. ;_;
Old January 24th, 2004, 01:56 AM
Hiroshi Sotomura

Nature: Lax
I don't intentionally hate miramax. I just don't like their distribution methods.

That's Our Switch.
Pre-Service Teacher. Tech Guy. Web Designer. PokéCommunity Administrator. Wanderer. Novice Hockey Player. rijonAdventures Developer. #westjournal. Views are my own.
Old January 24th, 2004, 10:03 PM
100marios
Reigning Dork Champion of PC

Location: *booming voice* What authority dost though have to ask this of me?
Send a message via AIM to 100marios Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to 100marios
I watched it in theaters, but I rented it just a little while ago and watched it again.
I definitely like this one better than pokemon 4ever, it's plot is a lot more indepth for one. I like the scenes with Ash and Latias, (bianca form) the ending you-know-what with Ash and Latias was actually romantic, which doesn't come around a lot in pokemon. I thought Bianca was cute by the way hehe.....
...And I still can!

Signature under construction. Or I might just be saying this because I have no idea how to make one. Let your imagination guide you!... Please? *smiles* ;p
Old January 25th, 2004, 07:32 AM
Kayleigh
Pokémon-de-Superb

She was my favorite character, lol. I thought she was so pretty. *_* (In the compliment-type way..) I'm basing my character more on her now.
Old January 25th, 2004, 11:59 AM
Rift
Let's Venture Onward!

Nature: Jolly
the ending sad :'( and my brother loves that movie he watched it like 10 times in the past 2 days...and i think that Bianca kissed Ash at the end cause her hat was still in her house...thats my opinion!
Old January 25th, 2004, 12:05 PM
100marios
Reigning Dork Champion of PC

Location: *booming voice* What authority dost though have to ask this of me?
Send a message via AIM to 100marios Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to 100marios
Honestly I think it was Latias. She didn't say anything at all and the reason they put Biana's hat in her room was to add this kind of conflict at the end. The movie was really nice.
You're basing your character more like her Kayleigh? I would like to see it! Hehe.
...And I still can!

Signature under construction. Or I might just be saying this because I have no idea how to make one. Let your imagination guide you!... Please? *smiles* ;p
Old January 25th, 2004, 02:23 PM
Unown_

There are a lot of arguments whether it was Bianca or Latias.

Arguments for being Latias:
  • She has a small 'crush' on Ash during the movie.
  • When the person gave the drawing to Ash she didn't talk.
  • Biance didn't show any interest in Ash durin the movie.

Arguments for being Bianca:
  • Her beret was seen when someone took the drawing.
  • Latias and 2 Latios were seen flying from the mainland to Alto Mare. Therfore the person on Alto Mare couln't be Latias.

Personally, I think it was Latias who gave the drawing to Ash. But there is no absolute evidence to be 100% sure. I like this little twist of unclearness:D. And Misty's reaction was very funny. She was so supprissed that she dropped Topgepi. That part was priceless:D.
Old January 25th, 2004, 03:12 PM
Tweak

hahaha, poor misty. i remember in pokemon 2000 something similar happened. xD

i liked pokemon 5, i snuck into the movie theater for the showing of pokemon 4 and it was....crappy. =_=;; the story wasn't very good. and the movie theater was emtpy cept for parents and their kids.

i am looking forward to the next movie...the one with rayquaza and deoxy. heh.
Old January 26th, 2004, 06:16 AM
Unown_

Oh, wait. These things are always the funniest when you can see it with your own eyes. So I've attached that part in this message. This video requires DivX.
Old January 26th, 2004, 07:57 AM
paige pelletier
Fruits Basket (Furba) fan

i liked pokemon 5 it was better than 4 the pokeshort was so cute !!
Old January 26th, 2004, 06:12 PM
Satoshi
Beginning Trainer

Originally Posted by paige pelletier
i liked pokemon 5 it was better than 4 the pokeshort was so cute !!
I thought that pokemon movie 5 was a great but I think all the Pokemon movies are great!
Old January 27th, 2004, 07:47 PM
PM2008
Fire Gym Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Satoshi
I thought that pokemon movie 5 was a great but I think all the Pokemon movies are great!
Me too!
Since everyone says it is so good I will buy the DVD.
Old January 28th, 2004, 06:28 AM
duntedevil
Chaos Legend

Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to duntedevil
i would really like to see pokemon heroes the problem is i cant get it in the uk so the ownly way i can is to download it but im not able to find it anywhere i really dont understand why pokemon4ever + pokemon heroes never hit uk theaters
Old January 30th, 2004, 09:41 PM
Arcanine
There is no "-tina"

Nature: Rash
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sapphire Latios
the ending sad :'( and my brother loves that movie he watched it like 10 times in the past 2 days...and i think that Bianca kissed Ash at the end cause her hat was still in her house...thats my opinion!
Latias kissed Ash. Bianca always had that on and at the end there was no hat on her head.

It took me forever to find this movie, and today I got it and the movie was great. 10/10 It is my second fav after Pokemon 2000 *still wish he could find 2000 on DVD*. It had a sad ending, but all (not counting 4 Ever) had a sad ending. It was a great movie, if you have not seen it then you should go and get it.

TwitterMy Anime ListBackloggeryRaptrBrother
My PM box is full so if you really have to PM me send it here.
Old January 30th, 2004, 11:03 PM
brmsort
Beginning Trainer

Actually, I am in the minority. I liked 4ever better than Heroes. Not that Heroes wasn't good, and the graphics ROCK. But the english version (I don't know about the Japanese version) paid TOO much detail to the graphics and not enough on story. I mean that whole running through the city scene took entirely too much time out of the plot, IMO. But it was still a good movie with a great story. Definitely worth watching and having on DVD.
Old January 31st, 2004, 05:28 AM
Unown_

Quote:
Originally Posted by brmsort
Actually, I am in the minority. I liked 4ever better than Heroes. Not that Heroes wasn't good, and the graphics ROCK. But the english version (I don't know about the Japanese version) paid TOO much detail to the graphics and not enough on story. I mean that whole running through the city scene took entirely too much time out of the plot, IMO. But it was still a good movie with a great story. Definitely worth watching and having on DVD.
That's only the English version. Due to cuts and changes the plot gets altered and reduced. Very pity, because it is a great movie.

Last edited by Unown_; January 31st, 2004 at 05:38 AM.
Old January 31st, 2004, 05:43 AM
orange*berry
Has catching up to do...

Actually, I don't think the dubbed versions are worth watching at all. n.n()
Iv never seen the English version, but I think the artwork is beautiful, and the story is extreamly cute.
Iv been thinking of renting the Heroes DVD if it inclueds a commentary, though. It's always so interesting to hear what the voice actors have to say. n.n()

-Berrylicous Signature-
My sitey is movin' to this place! ;.;

Let's boogie!
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links