Community

The PokéCommunity

We are still working on a better slogan!

Visit Index

Advertise here

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > The PokéCommunity Archives > Game Development Archive
Notices

Game Development Archive Locked games or old games, look for the old games that were in Game Development before November 20, 2005 or were locked before January 19, 2006.

Old July 9th, 2005, 02:42 AM
rm2kdev
Pokemon XP Developer

Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to rm2kdev

Advertise here
Ah i see what you mean okay well each map will have a propertey that i will call the "Common Tag" then each Town i place in the townmap Maker will also have a "Common Tag" thus if both common tags are identical then that is where you are on the map

Example:
I have mapped my map i go Settings > Common Tag and type in Map00001
then
i start making my world map i place a town and i set its Common Tag to Map00001

then i go File Run Game
I walk to the map with the Common Tag Map00001 and hit "A" to bring up the menu i scroll down to PokeNav and select (NAME) world Map because both common tags were the same my little man is displayed on that map
Podisoft.com get all of rm2kdevs great software
Old July 9th, 2005, 03:50 AM
Datriot
Tachikama!!!

Nature: Sassy
hmmm...intresting, I think we're gonna have to get used to using this...

Datra: 1804 8720 6653
Old July 9th, 2005, 04:03 AM
rm2kdev
Pokemon XP Developer

Well ofcource it will come with a Full Help File explaning every nook and cranny of the engine and how to use it and it will come with Example Games and all sorts.
Old July 9th, 2005, 04:31 AM
Datriot
Tachikama!!!

That's good, 'cause I didn't have a help file with rm2k or any help whatsover, so it took me ages to learn how to use it.

Old July 10th, 2005, 12:58 PM
rubyrulez
Back in Action...again...

Send a message via AIM to rubyrulez Send a message via Yahoo to rubyrulez Send a message via Skype™ to rubyrulez
I know it may not be for a while, but I can't wait for this to be fully completed!

Good Job and Good Luck!
Old July 10th, 2005, 01:43 PM
Chimou
Dancing Artist

It seems to be progressing pretty quickly. I hope demos will be released now and then though.
Old July 10th, 2005, 04:47 PM
rm2kdev
Pokemon XP Developer

im glad you all have taken intreset. and i hope that you dont get bored waiting lol cuz it will take some time to fully make it but it is progressing well.
Old July 10th, 2005, 10:11 PM
Hacker
Beginning Trainer

WOW!!!!! this looks exelent!!! please, please can i help you?

Credit to Shawaazu for gliter text

For Pokemon XP Version 1.0 go Here
If you hadnt noicted i have tooken over pokemon xp, so it is not dead anymore! YAY!!!
Old July 11th, 2005, 02:42 AM
Kyle_Katarn
Yoda

Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Kyle_Katarn
Oh will you be able to name your maps? I think this was asked before but the pages end up being too long here so I just cant be bothered going back lol
Best Freinds With: Legolas

Kyle_Katarns Fused Freaks of Nature

Click here to get one today.

My Adopted Sprites:
Thanks (Raven)
Old July 11th, 2005, 05:01 AM
King Boo
Hauted Artist

Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to King Boo Send a message via Skype™ to King Boo
Gimmey! how did you get it just asking?

| Rival - Clow |
"I Swear to Drunk im not God!"
Old July 11th, 2005, 07:03 AM
Datriot
Tachikama!!!

just wait for rm2kdev to post a demo, I can't wait either!

Old July 11th, 2005, 09:51 AM
mko
Custom User Title

Nature: Lonely
Awesome! I hope you finish it soon.
Old July 11th, 2005, 10:16 AM
Jayje
The First Maker
Community Supporter

Nature: Relaxed
Send a message via AIM to Jayje Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Jayje Send a message via Yahoo to Jayje
best of luck to you guys on this game system. looks goos hope the demo is as good as it sounds

Pokemon Emerald TEAM CHALLENGE!!
Old July 12th, 2005, 03:37 PM
Chimou
Dancing Artist

Some more suggestions:

1. Font Editor
2. Tile Editor
3. Intro Movie Maker/Editor
Old July 12th, 2005, 03:41 PM
Jeremi the Anubis
Beginning Trainer

Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Jeremi the Anubis
This is awesome! Keep up the good work!
Check out my site

Old July 12th, 2005, 07:24 PM
Burninating_Torchic
Very important

Nature: Jolly
Send a message via AIM to Burninating_Torchic Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Burninating_Torchic
I'm almost blinded by the sheer pwnage. This is especially great for me, because NONE of Elitemap's extra tools, besides the map editor itself, work for me. A new tool will be great.

Anyways, I decided to enter the contest thingy, if it's still going.

http://img318.imageshack.us/my.php?i...mplepxp8hg.png

Mine's the first city map entered...which could help or hurt me, I guess.

Anyways, that's the prototype version of the map of one of the cities in the game I would currently be making if elitemap didn't hate me.

The place is called Evolution city, and as the name suggests, it's where you get evolution stones in the game.

The story behind it is that the mines beneath the city(that's what the little cave leads to) were the first place evolution stones were discovered. They then exported to all over the world, making the city very rich.

The gym leader there uses eeveelutions. =P
Old July 12th, 2005, 07:59 PM
Chimou
Dancing Artist

Pokemon XP is for making original, PC-generated games. This is not for hacking a ROM. Please, learn the difference.
Old July 12th, 2005, 09:09 PM
Original T
Beginning Trainer

This is so cool well done
Old July 13th, 2005, 06:43 AM
Burninating_Torchic
Very important

Send a message via AIM to Burninating_Torchic Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Burninating_Torchic
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chimou
Pokemon XP is for making original, PC-generated games. This is not for hacking a ROM. Please, learn the difference.
No, I realize that. I realize it's not a ROM Hacker.

However, if I'm understanding it correctly, it does generally the same thing: lets you make your own pokemon games.

The point of my story isn't ROM Hacking, it's just the fact that I want to make my own pokemon game, using any program necessary.

And don't suggest rm2k3. I can barely even do that the way it's originally intended to do, let alone all the scripting that would go with making a Pokemon game on it.
Old July 13th, 2005, 06:51 AM
Firemaker
Pokemon Master

Burninating Torchic, in your map, the houses have the trainer tip signs, should have the same signs as the town
http://z8.invisionfree.com/Banto_Region
Old July 13th, 2005, 07:54 AM
Burninating_Torchic
Very important

Quote:
Originally Posted by Firemaker
Burninating Torchic, in your map, the houses have the trainer tip signs, should have the same signs as the town
Actually, the trainer tip signs are intentional. It's the new style of signs in the game, I feel that houses are not as significant as landmarks and therefore should have different signs. All houses in the game will have the trainer tip signs, and there aren't going to be Trainer Tips in the routes or w/e.

Also, you'll notice the "streets" in the city aren't very organized like in previous Pokemon games. That is also intentional. In the real world, streets aren't always lined up in straight fancy little lines.

Both those aspects are more things that could help or hurt me in this contest =P
Old July 13th, 2005, 08:00 AM
Firemaker
Pokemon Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Burninating_Torchic
Actually, the trainer tip signs are intentional. It's the new style of signs in the
That is a good idea Burninating Torchic
Old July 13th, 2005, 08:23 AM
Burninating_Torchic
Very important

Quote:
Originally Posted by Firemaker
That is a good idea Burninating Torchic
Please, call me BT. It's shorter, easier, and less formal.

Anyways, I don't know if this has been adressed yet, but I've found your system of putting objects on the map to lack one thing.
The ability to put multiple tiles on the map at the same time.
What I mean by this is in rm2k or rm2k3, you can highlight/select more then one tile at a time in the chipset window, then click on the map and all the tiles you selected will be there.
This is useful for things like buildings, where in the version of PXP you gave us to make our maps with, you would have to select each part of the building one by one, but in the RPG Maker games, you could put the entire building on the map at the same time, not each part one by one.
Old July 13th, 2005, 11:36 AM
Firemaker
Pokemon Master

That was the demo, not much to do, RM2KDev is making a full version. I think that is one of it's features
Old July 13th, 2005, 12:20 PM
Burninating_Torchic
Very important

Yeah, I know that was the demo. What I was saying is that I hope the full version has that feature.

Anyways, I'm working on another map now, much better then my Evolution City map. If you're allowed to enter 2 maps in the contest(I think I read that that's the case), I enter them both, but if not, I'm going to enter the one I will be posting shortly.

Quick Reply

Sponsored Links

Advertise here