Go Back   The Pok√©Community Forums > The Pok√©Community Archives > Game Development Archive
Reload this Page Pokťmon ThunderYellow

Notices
For all updates, view the main page.

Game Development Archive Locked games or old games, look for the old games that were in Game Development before November 20, 2005 or were locked before January 19, 2006.

Old September 2nd, 2005 (09:13 AM).

Explore the Entire World and Catch 'em All!

Story: This is a game that's being developed in RPG Maker XP. The player starts out by oversleeping... and on the day which he's supposed to get his first Pokťmon, too! So you hastily get dressed, run over to Professor Oak's lab, and find out that all the Pokťballs are empty! Taking pity on you, he gives you a recently-caught Pikachu in place of the starter you would've normally gotten, as well as some Pokťballs and a Pokťdex. With that, you set off on your journey: to become a Master!

Various people will challenge you along the way, even Team Rocket. You'll make many friends and many more enemies in your quest. It's up to you what each person you meet will turn out to be!

Progress: Coming along slowly. Maps are complete for Pallet Town, Route 1 and Route 2 in Kanto, and New Bark Town and Route 29 in Johto. Tilesets keep coming in, but the major setback is the lack of an appropriate interior tileset. A battle system still isn't complete (a friend of mine is developing two versions; the first will not include the Nature system, but the second will).

Needs: FR/LG-style sprites for Jesse, James, Butch, Cassidy and "Domino"/Black Tulip. Fully animated overworld sprite for Pikachu. Interior tileset for every region. Pokťmon voice clips (each one saying their name, should be clear; need one with them at full health, and one for when they faint).

Contact me at [email protected]. MSN is [email protected].
Old September 2nd, 2005 (09:32 AM).
Game Developer

Nature: Relaxed
I'm guessing this is a remake of yellow. Sounds intresting. But you need at least one in-game screenshot to keep this thread open, or a mod will close.

ZENFORMS: Protectors: A 2D RPG for iPhone
Click the banner to view site about ZENFORMS!

http://www.calisprojects.com/
Like our facebook page and show your support!
http://www.facebook.com/pages/Calis-Projects/326374858787
Old September 2nd, 2005 (09:38 AM).

No worries. One screenshot of Pallet town (with a new path added) coming up!

Old September 2nd, 2005 (09:43 AM).
Whhheeee... *shot'd*

Will There Be Some New Pokemon? Oh And I Like The Idea This Is Going To Be A Cool Game.
Old September 2nd, 2005 (09:46 AM).

Quote originally posted by Ultimate Latios:
Will There Be Some New Pokemon? Oh And I Like The Idea This Is Going To Be A Cool Game.
Nope, sticking with the current 386.

Oh, most of the Legendaries won't be so Legendary. For Pokťmon such as Lugia and the original three Legendary Birds, they'll be knocked down to "really freakin' rare" status.
Old September 2nd, 2005 (10:06 AM).
Should've had that name change

wow that ash overworld sprite looks really great is this game going to include places from the anime?
Old September 2nd, 2005 (10:08 AM).

I'm hoping I can put some of the places from the anime in. That's why I plan to include the (inhabited) Whirl Islands and the Orange Islands.
Old September 2nd, 2005 (10:44 AM).

Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Esupio
this looks promising I've always wanted to see a game like this I could do some sprites for ya if you wanted
Old September 2nd, 2005 (11:43 AM).

Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Ash_Pokemaster
This sure looks just so cool! I'm looking forword the first beta. I think: Since this is the anime version in a video games (like I can see at least) you should not include catshing of the legendary ones and the hero should catch Pokemon that Ash have. If I'm right about the anime thing I think you should think about what I said
Old September 2nd, 2005 (01:01 PM).

Quote originally posted by Ash_Pokemaster:
This sure looks just so cool! I'm looking forword the first beta. I think: Since this is the anime version in a video games (like I can see at least) you should not include catshing of the legendary ones and the hero should catch Pokemon that Ash have. If I'm right about the anime thing I think you should think about what I said
Sorry to disappoint, but it wouldn't be a true Pokťmon game without the ability to catch any Pokťmon. It'd make everything dull and predictable.
Old September 2nd, 2005 (01:47 PM).
Skillful samurai

Send a message via AIM to Renagadez
this loks cool,I like the original Idea,Im getting tired of gold and silver remakes...
Old September 2nd, 2005 (06:49 PM).

-kicks his computer- Stupid Windows. I've lost my project.

The resource files are intact, though. So it will live to see another day!
Old September 3rd, 2005 (10:29 AM).
The pen is mightier...

Seems very, very interesting. Of course, I can't play it (my computer doesn't allow it, stupid computer!) but if you are basing it off the anime, maybe it would be cool if you had characters, such as Brock and Misty, follow you around.

Good Luck.
Old September 3rd, 2005 (11:18 AM).

Yeah, they'll play such a role. I mean, if I'm going to have Jesse & James constantly challenging you after you go to leave each city and major landmark, I kind-of have to!

Brock gets you access to rough tidbits of information about top trainers and Gym Leaders, as well as tips for caring for your Pokťmon (in more advanced ways). Misty will be following you because you owe her a bike (well duh!), but will also get you access to information about each city/town and the most well-known people there.

Once you get to the Orange Islands, Tracey will take over for Brock (as for those of you who follow the anime, he finds a certain Professor and wants to stay with them...) and provide tips on caring for your Pokťmon, and will provide info on the Orange League.

When you access Hoenn, you'll have May and Max replace Misty and Brock. May will know about the region and will also grant you access to Pokťmon Contests, which will be the only real reason to train her Pokťmon. Max gets you the inside scoop on various important aspects of each area, such as what Pokťmon you can encounter and how much of a threat they are.

Yes, this will get you new menu options, such as "Talk w/ May" and "Talk w/ Brock". It's the best way to implement them.
Old September 3rd, 2005 (12:03 PM).
Behold...

This game is too good to be finished!

Well, good luck with it!
Old September 4th, 2005 (12:38 PM).

Too good to be finished?!?! What do you mean by that? lol!

Yeah, it'll take a while to complete. As it stands right now, I lose at least two months I could spend on working on this game, due to my shipping out to Navy basic training on this coming Tuesday.

Rest assured, by then I will have posted an accurate portrayal of my progress on the game, as well as the resources (interior tilesets) that I've made for this game. This game will not die out due to lack of work!

But yeah, here's a progress update: I've completed the interior tilesets for the Pokťmon Center and the Pokťmart, as well as the base maps for them. So I guess that's a good thing.
Old September 4th, 2005 (01:30 PM).
TCG Collector

Nature: Brave
this game is going to be ace buti have 3 questions
1 why now have brock in hoenn as well as he is there in the anime
2 will the palces/events from the movies be in this
3 as you seem to be trying to bace this on the anime are you going to have the elite 4 or pokemon league
Old September 4th, 2005 (02:16 PM).

1) Duh! I forgot! He'll be there!
2) Possibly. If I can implement them after I put in the base areas, then yeah.
3) Going to go with the Pokťmon League instead of the Elite Four. They're pretty much overdone anyway.
Old September 4th, 2005 (11:20 PM).
Banned

Nature: Rash
its a madd ideaaz! what is it a hak of?
Old September 5th, 2005 (05:11 AM).
Skillful samurai

Send a message via AIM to Renagadez
no more screenshots? Ill pay for it x3 jk
Old September 5th, 2005 (08:35 AM).

1) Hey, it's no hack! This is the Game Development forum! Take your h4xx0r talk somewhere else!

2) Yeah, lost my original project. But hey, it'll be back. I'll be taking at least two months of forced vacation, though, due to Navy Basic Training - which starts this Wednesday for me. Wish me luck, guys.

Oh, here's the tentative boxart! Hooray boxart!
Old September 5th, 2005 (08:46 AM).

well i wish you luck then if your going to make it a gamecube game
Old September 5th, 2005 (09:00 AM).

I dont think, in all honest, that you are going to be able to make the game playable by gamecube. Think about it, if that were the case millions of people would be doing it. You'll need permission from Nintendo, and maybe there is a certain code that is needed to make the game work on gamecube. I think you should make this a computer game, unless your willing to ask nintendo.

The game looks great so far and I wish you lots of luck.
Old September 5th, 2005 (09:08 AM).

Quote originally posted by dan48:
I dont think, in all honest, that you are going to be able to make the game playable by gamecube. Think about it, if that were the case millions of people would be doing it. You'll need permission from Nintendo, and maybe there is a certain code that is needed to make the game work on gamecube. I think you should make this a computer game, unless your willing to ask nintendo.

The game looks great so far and I wish you lots of luck.
Hey, the box art's for kicks. I'd have made a GBA box, but the one template I found for Photoshop was a broken link x.x;;

But yeah. Once it's made, and if it's made well enough, I'll go to Nintendo and see if I can obtain permission to develop an adaptation of it for Gamecube. Mainly 'cause it's about time there was a game that was true to the anime.
Old September 5th, 2005 (09:44 AM).
Back in Action...again...

Send a message via AIM to rubyrulez Send a message via Yahoo to rubyrulez Send a message via Skype™ to rubyrulez
Could it even be made into a gamecube game, or even a gba game for that matter?

BTW, excellent looking game, I like that Ash sprite. Good Lick

Quick Reply

Sponsored Links