The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > The PokéCommunity Archives > Game Development Archive

Notices

Game Development Archive Locked games or old games, look for the old games that were in Game Development before November 20, 2005 or were locked before January 19, 2006.

View Poll Results: Should I add songs without banners or backrounds to the game?
Yes 6 37.50%
No 10 62.50%
Voters: 16. You may not vote on this poll

Old September 11th, 2005, 09:41 AM
dan48
Trainer

Here I am going to post all the stuff not as packages. Hope you enjoy, and remember to continue looking at this post to download the songs since I am going to be updating it with more downloads.

Songs

Songs 2

Songs 3

Songs 4

Songs 5

Songs 6

Themes

Characters
You need the Character Bones to use the Characters
Character Bones

Last edited by dan48; September 11th, 2005 at 02:02 PM.
Old September 11th, 2005, 09:48 AM
sketch
3D animator/movie director

How do I change it into zip or winrar then?
Old September 11th, 2005, 10:00 AM
dan48
Trainer

Quote:
Originally Posted by sketch
How do I change it into zip or winrar then?
By renaming it. Rename the end to .zip instead of .smzip.
Old September 11th, 2005, 10:03 AM
sketch

but on my computer,it doesn't have the .whatever behind the name,just the name.

EDIT:Also,can you do the themes and characters as files first?

Last edited by sketch; September 11th, 2005 at 10:08 AM.
Old September 11th, 2005, 10:10 AM
dan48
Trainer

Well Sketch. I'll get start5ed on them now since I am already done with the songs anyway.

By the way does anyone have any comments on the songs so far. How are they?
Old September 11th, 2005, 10:25 AM
sketch

I have all the songs and it is great!Good job!

EDIT:Can you put the files on another host?

Last edited by sketch; September 11th, 2005 at 10:56 AM.
Old September 11th, 2005, 11:10 AM
dan48
Trainer

Great, I hope you enjoy them. I put the themes and characters up so you'll have that done. The announcers I am not sure if I'll post because when I was playing the game they seemed to slow it down and I dont know if you would want that while your playing right?

I have already began work on the 2nd game so When I obtain all 100 songs I'll post the list up and I also picks too. The 2nd game will have more themes, better songs than the first, a beginner to heavy for every song and expert stepcharts for some but not all songs. More characters will be added and also some courses as well.

Also another question I havent been asked. does anybody want the unlock file. In the options mode you can turn Unlock System on/off. Yes or no. Its your choice. Hope you enjoy the game and the downloads are at the top of the page.
Old September 11th, 2005, 11:37 AM
sketch

I thought there were two theme packs and two character packs?Anyway,I have to wait another hour to get the characters from rapidshare!
Old September 11th, 2005, 11:45 AM
dan48
Trainer

No. I made it so there were two each containing all of them. The characters might be taking long sonce it contains all the characters and there are like 30.
Old September 11th, 2005, 01:10 PM
sketch

I put the characters in but it comes up with an error about the bones or something?What's wrong?
Old September 11th, 2005, 01:52 PM
dan48
Trainer

oh I forgot to insert the bones. They contain the data that controls the characters. I am so sorry. I'll put up the bones now okay.

Okay here it is. The link to download the bones and it is not on rapid share so it might go very fast. Extract them to the characters folder.

Character Bones

Last edited by dan48; September 11th, 2005 at 02:01 PM.
Old September 11th, 2005, 02:33 PM
dan48
Trainer

Anybody who has played the game would you post your favorite song in a comment. I am gfoing to choose the top five and put them in the sequel so choose wisely now.
Old September 11th, 2005, 02:51 PM
Webmaster Tyler
Owner of Pokemon Help

Send a message via AIM to Webmaster Tyler Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Webmaster Tyler Send a message via Yahoo to Webmaster Tyler
I told you dont double post just edit or delete the one above
Old September 11th, 2005, 05:07 PM
sketch

THIS GAME IS GREAT!My little bro won't stop playing!I think my favorite song may be hollow bastion or captain jack.Oh,you didn't make those characters,they had pictures of them before this game.
Old September 11th, 2005, 06:03 PM
dan48
Trainer

I never said I made the characters. The stepcharts I worked hard to create, and the songs were a nightmare to find. The themes I had to search for which wasn't a picnic and the characters weren't either. I hope you enjoy the game.

Did anyone else play the game? Only Sketch has posted comments and no one else.
Old September 12th, 2005, 12:40 AM
Dream Illusionist
//Teenager with S.T.Y.L.E.//

Location: In order to be here, I need to be in front of a PC, no?
Can't....stop.....playing!!!!

The game is awesome!My favorites were Hollow Bastion and Butterfly (uprising Mix)

Must....play!

~Currently under renovations~
Old September 12th, 2005, 11:18 AM
dan48
Trainer

Those are good ones. My favorite ones bumblebee and little kitty mine.

The sequel will have some songs that you might have never heard of. I already have some and I'll post the list when I get all of them. I enjoy the game too.
Old September 12th, 2005, 02:15 PM
sketch

Umm,Do you know how to make your own characters.I might try and make som zelda style,maily since i LOVE 3D animation and characters.
Old September 12th, 2005, 02:55 PM
dan48
Trainer

I have heard of this program called character shop that is a maker that creates characters but it is very complicated. Like you can make anything but you need to know what your doin. I tried it once but didn't get far.
Old September 12th, 2005, 03:16 PM
sketch

Can you tell me where to get it?I'd like to try it out!And,does it make characters just for stepmania?Oh,I edited the Rage character,I named him Dude,he has blond hair,blue shirt and blue pants, and he looks pretty cool.I just got bored so I did it,and surprisingly,It Worked!
Old September 12th, 2005, 05:09 PM
dan48
Trainer

Here is a link to the website. hope it helps.

click here
Old September 13th, 2005, 11:02 AM
serpenter
Eternal Inferno

Nature: Jolly
hay, when i click the link and hit the free acount button what do i do then it says:
You have requested the file Songs_1.rar (18700626 Bytes). This file has been downloaded 4 times already.
IMPORTANT: Download-accelerators are only supported with a PREMIUM-Account!
"The girl who bears witness to death, at the time of the Saigyou Ayakashi's full bloom, shall be bound by mortality. So that her soul may rest in peace within the Hakugyokurou, I will seal the cherry blossoms, and make it the barrier."

Old September 13th, 2005, 11:07 AM
dan48
Trainer

you have to wait till it loads serpenter.
Old September 13th, 2005, 02:22 PM
sketch

I checked the site out but,I'm not paying anything!The free one won't let you save.I could probabally know how to use it because it seems a little easier than real animation which you have to make a model from scratch,then add the bones,I would definitely need to save to make some models!
Old September 13th, 2005, 03:38 PM
dan48
Trainer

Quote:
Originally Posted by sketch
I checked the site out but,I'm not paying anything!The free one won't let you save.I could probabally know how to use it because it seems a little easier than real animation which you have to make a model from scratch,then add the bones,I would definitely need to save to make some models!
I was sure that you needed to pay but that is all I know. Sorry . . . Anyway I have some news. The sequel is well underway, and there will be a few things added. So far I am going to say one thing.

Dance Champion 2 will include backround videos. This isn't certain since I only found a few videos, but for now I can just say that it is looking good at the moment. A little later I will post a few screenies to show what I am talkin about. New characters will also be added and I found a cool sonic theme.

So the updates are:

Backround videos (Not for certain)

New Characters

Sonic Theme
(I'll post some screenies of this one as well.)

Also a song list but I am not posting it up till I have found all the songs I really enjoy. I am trying not to pick sucky ones and am also doing a diverse range of songs from both the past and the present.

Feel free to post a comment of what you think.

Oh by the way does anyone know how to make a movie, like trailer for a game? I would like to do that for DC2. It would be really helpful if anyone would tell me how.

Quick Reply

Sponsored Links