The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > The PokéCommunity Archives > Game Development Archive

Notices

Game Development Archive Locked games or old games, look for the old games that were in Game Development before November 20, 2005 or were locked before January 19, 2006.

View Poll Results: How does the Plot sound so far?
This is an Awsome plot! 16 69.57%
The plot is decent 5 21.74%
I don't like the plot 2 8.70%
Voters: 23. You may not vote on this poll

Old September 6th, 2005, 10:44 PM
Swizzler121
Trainer

DEMO 1.6.1!! CLICK THE LINK BELOW!
Please note the following:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Swizzler121
Must I say it again? You must download the font into your Control panel under fonts
THE PREVIOUS ERRORS HAVE BEEN FIXED (10-31-05)
Beta Demo -11+ MB download

Or, here it is again from Yourfiledownload.comnot up yet)
[]Beta demo at Yourfiledownload[/url]

Pokemon Regal
takes place right after R/S/E in a Different region, Team
Aqua, feeling defeated, retreats and dissapears for a few months. Then on one stormy day they hijack a ferry and Head off to the Verona Region with their most elite members.

The Verona Region, Being so isolated from the other regions, Has a very poor police force. So when Team Aqua[Regal Agents] show up, They practicly take over half the region.

You a young teen not quite old enough to become a pokemon trainer, is issued, along with many other trainers, to be given their first pokemon to defend their Region against Team Aqua.

The better Trainers of the Region are elected into an elite protection force, The PPL (Pokemon Protection League) To allow them to access areas that normal trainers are not allowed in because of an Aqua Invasion.
----------------------------------------

UPDATE!!!
because blizzy is switching his starter kitt to sphere, I might be required to follow, Another Yagami, If you know Javascript, It will be great, I am going to try and learn, LETS GET THIS PROJECT GOIN' !!! *Starts mini pep rally in house*
-------
10/10/05
The pokemon "Moleto" sprite has reached the second draft, check it out on my sprite adopt page! also the plot thickens! now that team aqua is deepset in Verona another team has settled in altamar, they are after a certin something!

The Team(still adding so if your name is not the list, I'm just looking, It's hard to keep track of all of you)

Graphic Designers:
dbgtfan1988
Nintendo Freak
Darkdoom3000
Smarty arty
jaki_kisur

Beta Testers:
dbgtfan1988
Nintendo Freak
ダッシュ

Spelling/Grammar:
Punk Skater

CBS System
Another_Yagami

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swizzler121
I have scrapped the old layout and am in the process of implementing the new one, Here are the advantages of the new one:

-No switches/variables except for the battle system
-No more lag
-Small Screen
-New scripts

Here is one of the new layout screens:

I hope you like it!!!

BTW: with this new layout It has allowed me to implement the battle system! what fun!!! just a few more kinks.
New edited Screens:

Prof. Bonsai gets new look

(sadly) I temorarly removed the B/G option.

Your awsome room, Complete with an orange game cube!

(Pic Below)This is the new area where you get your first pokemon called
"Meditation Point" It is said this is where the Legendary pokemon
used to Rest... Recently Strange things have been happening there,
ever since team aqua showed up...

Bonsai's Dilemma

The new TrainerCard. See the medals part? that is what you win for defeating an aqua admin...

Features:
-*stealth mode*
-New aqua leadership levels:[general & Private]
-New legendary!
Sneak peek:

Yes, it used to be Tropius...

So I bet you have been wondering what has changed in team aqua, well, First of all, the Old leader was demoted, he is now a General (You really lose All dignity when you are beaten by a kid) So Aqua had to find a new leader, their choice will suprise you, it is none other than Juan, the water pokemon lover. Being persuaded by Aqua by them doing their " the world is unfair for water pokemon" skit they hook him and convince him to join the team, he changes a bit, and might change more, but this is current sprite, the arrow will point out what changed:

Here is a Prelim Pic of what the pokedex for this region will look like:

And when turned off:

THIS JUST IN:
at least 20 new types of unown have been discovered in the Verona Region, These Unown Have been having eggs left and right and some eggs are now being shipped to the Swizzler121 adoption Center!!

New unown:

-Unown .
-Unown 0
-Unown 1
-Unown 2
-Unown 3
-Unown 4
-Unown 5
-Unown 6
-Unown 7
-Unown 8
-Unown 9
-Unown (
-Unown )
-Unown %
-Unown /
-Unown @
-Unown +
-Unown =
-Unown *
-Unown $
-Aqua's Unown
Maybe more!

DEMO 1 RELEASED

Last edited by Swizzler121; October 31st, 2005 at 01:59 PM. Reason: More screens
Old September 7th, 2005, 01:32 AM
MykehDoom
Team Magma's Entei

Nature: Relaxed
Send a message via AIM to MykehDoom Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to MykehDoom Send a message via Yahoo to MykehDoom
This game looks good. Can you PM me the demo? Ill gladly be a beta tester and spriter. Just PM the answer or post it.

Last edited by MykehDoom; September 7th, 2005 at 02:19 AM.
Old September 7th, 2005, 01:20 PM
Swizzler121
Trainer

Sweet! I really need the help! I'll compile a demo and send some sprites that need to be edited right away!!! don't worry I won't overwork you, I do spriting too.
Old September 8th, 2005, 03:25 PM
MykehDoom
Team Magma's Entei

Send a message via AIM to MykehDoom Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to MykehDoom Send a message via Yahoo to MykehDoom
Heres the first one. I didnt know what style you wanted it so i made it RM2k3. I hope you like it. :D
Attached Images
File Type: png Sprite.PNG‎ (2.6 KB, 154 views) (Save to Dropbox)

Old September 8th, 2005, 07:37 PM
Swizzler121
Trainer

Great job!!! I'm using RMXP but i'm awsome at converting, don't worry.

Also, If you would like to be part of the pokemon regal team, Please PM me or post here!
Open pos:

-Small editing job for Scripting(Not sure if this is needed)

-Some "Here and there" jobs for writers, basicly making the words jump out, no storyline creation(I'm a writer too but I'm not so good with jumping words .

-Pokemon Animation project!! (I need alot of people for this, possibly 3?)

-Simple Misc. Jobs
Right now I need someone to find out the name of the two aqua admins, He He, It's been so long since I beat the game I forgot :D So if someone could help me out with that it would be appreciated!

Last edited by Swizzler121; September 8th, 2005 at 08:39 PM.
Old September 9th, 2005, 01:48 AM
MykehDoom
Team Magma's Entei

I want to join your team and continue being a spriter. Can you give me the HMTL for your sig? I dont have RMXP because I cant find anywhere to get it.....

Old September 9th, 2005, 12:14 PM
Swizzler121
Trainer

just save it into your pictures, go to www.imageshack.us and host it, then use the DIRECT LINK TO IMAGE link and put the link it [img] [/img]brackets
Old September 9th, 2005, 12:25 PM
Nintendo freak
Pineapples!

Send a message via ICQ to Nintendo freak Send a message via AIM to Nintendo freak Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Nintendo freak Send a message via Yahoo to Nintendo freak
Sounds cool. Could I be a Beta tester too? I'm only good at finding glitches and graphical errors, though. ;_;

My newest pixel art (and my second one)

I use "uber" Pokemon in only my Ruby, I don't calculate stat values, I don't use cheating devices, I don't breed my way to perfection, and I don't care about natures. I catch my Pokemon the way they are, and treat them like individuals instead of brainless drones. If you use this philosophy, put this into your signature. (Started by Tyranitar from SPPF, slightly edted by me).
Old September 9th, 2005, 12:28 PM
Swizzler121
Trainer

Great, welcome to the team!

Can you do anything else? just interested, I want to get this done asap so i want to use my team to the best of their capabilites.
Old September 9th, 2005, 12:30 PM
Nintendo freak
Pineapples!

Send a message via ICQ to Nintendo freak Send a message via AIM to Nintendo freak Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Nintendo freak Send a message via Yahoo to Nintendo freak
Sorry, I would be a spriter, but I'm working on another project too and don't have enough time. ;_;

I use "uber" Pokemon in only my Ruby, I don't calculate stat values, I don't use cheating devices, I don't breed my way to perfection, and I don't care about natures. I catch my Pokemon the way they are, and treat them like individuals instead of brainless drones. If you use this philosophy, put this into your signature. (Started by Tyranitar from SPPF, slightly edted by me).
Old September 9th, 2005, 12:45 PM
Swizzler121
Trainer

ok, you can still be a tester... Welcome to the Team!!!
Old September 9th, 2005, 12:55 PM
The Dash
Hurr.

Location: Lurking in the shadows of the Games Development fourms.
Nature: Timid
Send a message via AIM to The Dash Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to The Dash
Hey, it sounds good can I please be a beta tester?

Old September 9th, 2005, 01:10 PM
Swizzler121
Trainer

As b4 can u do anything else? I can't have too many beta testers!!!

-I will allow you to be a beta tester but your probably my last one!
Old September 9th, 2005, 02:58 PM
The Dash
Hurr.

Location: Lurking in the shadows of the Games Development fourms.
Nature: Timid
Send a message via AIM to The Dash Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to The Dash
Nah I'm pretty much useless at everything
Its ok if you dont want me in I understand

Old September 9th, 2005, 04:28 PM
MykehDoom
Team Magma's Entei

Swizzler PM me. I thought i was a Beta Tester and Spriter ?.?

Old September 9th, 2005, 07:17 PM
DarknessMonkey

Send a message via ICQ to DarknessMonkey Send a message via AIM to DarknessMonkey Send a message via Yahoo to DarknessMonkey
Ahhhh..
All Beta Tester spots are filled.

Well, I can help write & with any SPELLING / GRAMMAR problems.

Been on this community for years and just finally realized it. I'M BACK!

Going to start making my Pokémon game for RMXP, need help with tilesets, spriting, and scripting. PM me for details!
Old September 9th, 2005, 10:30 PM
Pete
<>PAWN CONTROL 1.0<>

Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Pete
I think the admins are called Shelly and Matt. My brother had Sapphire.
Parents=None. Position applicable
Fan Club=None. PLEASE SOMEONE!!

PM me about vacancies.

Credits: Phoenixx

BISHIES: Rockman, Netto and Barrel from Rockman.EXE
PAIRINGS:
Rockman x Roll
Netto x Meiru
Netto x Enzan
Old September 10th, 2005, 12:27 AM
ChubraidermonCharlie
The One True Star

Can i help to be a spriter?
Old September 10th, 2005, 03:21 AM
Swizzler121
Trainer

@Punk skater, Uhh... OK I guess you will do grammer/Spelling!!! I guess that means you will have to be a beta tester guess one more doesnt hurt... ok!!

@Chubraidermoncharlie- While I appriciate the offer, from the work in your sig it looks like a bad cut & paste job done in MS paint, We need a little more talented workers.

Shelly and matt... that doesn't sound right, Those are kid names, I remember these names had more of a complex system, not shelly and matt.
Old September 10th, 2005, 03:31 AM
Smarties-chan
Should've had that name change

I'm positive the girl admin was called shelly I'm not sure about the male admin though. Hey can I help you out somehow? I'm pretty good at trainer sprites.
Old September 10th, 2005, 05:26 AM
Nintendo freak
Pineapples!

Oh, forgot to mention. I'm a Glitch Hunter, so I'll easily spot any glitches in the beta. And if you ever need any trainer morphs, I'm pretty good at those.

Old September 10th, 2005, 06:57 PM
Swizzler121
Trainer

@nintendo freak-hmm... trainer morphs huh? well can you make a charset look like it's pic?

@Smarty arty- Shelly huh? ok i guess i'll go with that for now, and i your on the team just as soon as i see some of your work, what i want you to do is mess around with battle sprites and make them look like team aqua admins.
Old September 10th, 2005, 09:16 PM
Zero Shiberu
Glaciel Soldier

Send a message via AIM to Zero Shiberu Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Zero Shiberu Send a message via Yahoo to Zero Shiberu
Hey Swizz I know one of the admins. I believe his name is Archie or something like that. I am pretty sure it is since I just played it and battled him at Slateport.

One day lasts to show one truth but how many did you find in a year? Or were they lies Sutokyu? - Japanese Philosopher
Old September 10th, 2005, 11:31 PM
Smarties-chan
Should've had that name change

Well I just messed around with trainer sprites trying to make them look aqua-stylish and here they are
Old September 11th, 2005, 05:24 AM
Pete
<>PAWN CONTROL 1.0<>

Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Pete
Archie's the leader. I definately remember Matt being the other admin.
Parents=None. Position applicable
Fan Club=None. PLEASE SOMEONE!!

PM me about vacancies.

Credits: Phoenixx

BISHIES: Rockman, Netto and Barrel from Rockman.EXE
PAIRINGS:
Rockman x Roll
Netto x Meiru
Netto x Enzan

Quick Reply

Sponsored Links